I thought I would throw my thoughts out on the 6500. I am new to plasma but have been following forum for couple months now. I am no pro and am not a lover/hater of any brand. I bought the Panasonic P60ST50 but am having a hard time with it so bought the Samsung 6500
I have had the Samsung PN60E6500 for a week now. Did 4 days of panel prep and have just started watching it.
1. I have no buzzing (or it's low enough I can't hear it). I have been listening for it as I have read about Samsung and the issues with buzzing. Thats good news.
2. I am really enjoying most of the PQ compared to the P60ST50 sitting right next to it. I can't get comfortable with the darkness/grayness of the Panasonic. I am continually trying to tweak settings that work for me. I do notice that the dark detail is slightly better on the ST50 but Sammy seems to have a little more color and brightness that my untrained eye enjoys (not blinding LCD brightness). This goes against 99% of the reviews for the ST50 - frustrating
3. Samsung looks sleek. Love the edge and way the screen melts into it.
4. Reflection is pretty nice on the 6500, better than the 550 I had for a short period of time in the same room. I have sliding glass doors in the back of my den with blinds closed and the reflection is there until you turn TV on picture looks great. The ST appears to have a better anti-reflection system but when watching it, the Sammy doesn't have an issue.
5. My only issue (hopefully stays this way) with the 6500 is that Netflix will not play... I goto into Smarthub, launch it and it appears to start then get a generic message saying can not access Netflix. Other apps work (Hulu, YouTube etc) and I have used both wireless and wired. Samsung says call netflix, netflix says call Samsung. Arrggh. Netflix says if i am seeing the message, I am connecting to them, it's a problem on the TV and the app configuration. Netflix is big for my house so this will cause me to exchange. It streams from other devices onto tv (xbox, BR) but I would refer to use just 1 device. Anyone encounter issues with Samsung and netflix like this? ******UPDATED**** 05/09/12 - Netflix works - I reset my router (ASUS RT-N66U), changed my wireless password and name, then reconnected the TV to wireless and Netflix worked.