Scratch on Screen - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-24-2012, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Today, I noticed a big 18" long scratch on the screen of my formerly perfect Samsung 64d7000. I guess it was the maid, since I haven't cleaned the screen in months, my wife never does, and the kids can't reach the screen. I'm guessing she used her normal dusting rag, it had a little something on it, and it left a big arc'ing scratch across the top of the screen.

Using a lens cloth, I was able to buff it out a bit so that it is less noticeable. And, it is only visible when the screen is black, not when I'm watching something. It still annoys me though, because I see it anytime the screen is off, and my resale value just plummeted.

I know this is probably hopeless, but is there anything else I can do to get rid of the scratch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-25-2012, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unfornately, I don't know of anything. Since the PDP is a very crucial part in itself I always tell friends and family be careful with the screen, don't touch the screen, over and over again, like a broken record.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-25-2012, 08:23 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak View Post

I know this is probably hopeless, but is there anything else I can do to get rid of the scratch?

Is the maid bonded? Regardless, I'd file a damage claim with the service and have them pay for a new panel or a new TV. They should know better.

I have a rule - nobody, and i mean NOBODY, is to clean or touch any of my Plasma or LCD screens at any time. I keep em very clean and if you don't think it's clean enough, come get me and i'll clean it myself

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #4 of 4 Old 03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
You need proof the maid cleans the tv screen.

Most services KNOW NOT to clean TV screens.

Maybe a nanny cam can record her cleaning the screen again, then you can file a claim.

Otherwise, it's just you guessing.

buytme
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page