Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^That's one way to look at it, but had you bought one of the Pioneers at the time, you wouldn't need to be upgrading now (unless for the 3D gimmick).

I agree with you, however I wouldn't have purchased one. I don't go top of the line, too rich for my blood. Otherwise I would wait until the VT50 comes out and get that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_B View Post

Um, so people are faking the screen pictures?

I'm quite sure some people see those pictures as the embodiment of some kind of serious problems.
Quote:

Btw, there are many molds and virii that cause " sick buildings". Such things do exisit.

There are some sick buildings. And yet there are thousands of reports of people in "sick buildings" where nothing is wrong with the building.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #63 of 65 Old 03-31-2012, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by C63 View Post

Huh? Isn't that why I said? Let me get my thesaurus out........Yep, superb = really, really good. Reference = Best. Anyway, sounds like you're not a big fan of the ST50 so I guess the best solution is to not buy one.

I read it as color is eye catching, but not accurate.
post #64 of 65 Old 04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

I still believe this problem is in the sick building syndrome category and that's why most of the mainstream reviews don't mention it. I realize you don't.

You can believe what you want, but it's a real problem for some people. I guess you haven't see it yourself. Fair enough. I don' know how common or un-common it is, but you are saying it's imagined. I have seen a few sets of the 30 series, and I see it plain as day, as have other looking at my set. It's no paranoid delusion, that's for sure. I am lucky that my 60ST30 has very mild pink tinting and minor yellow banding, but it's still there. If it gets worse, or I get sick of it, I may call Panasonic, but for now, I am waiting to see if there is an alternative. So far, it's mixed. I've heard reports that the non-uniformity is still there. Yellow banding and green blobs are usually obvious to most, but pink tinting can be invisible to the colour blind.
post #65 of 65 Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc View Post

You can believe what you want, but it's a real problem for some people. I guess you haven't see it yourself. Fair enough. I don' know how common or un-common it is, but you are saying it's imagined. I have seen a few sets of the 30 series, and I see it plain as day, as have other looking at my set. It's no paranoid delusion, that's for sure. I am lucky that my 60ST30 has very mild pink tinting and minor yellow banding, but it's still there. If it gets worse, or I get sick of it, I may call Panasonic, but for now, I am waiting to see if there is an alternative. So far, it's mixed. I've heard reports that the non-uniformity is still there. Yellow banding and green blobs are usually obvious to most, but pink tinting can be invisible to the colour blind.

I'm not calling it paranoid or a delusion.

And I believe it's a real problem for some people.

I'll let my prior remarks stand, I think they speak to the intended audience. The purpose of this post is to clarify them for the rest of the audience.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page