Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 238 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7111 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got my 65" GT50 and love it, playing with the settings a little bit trying to get the colors to pop a little more than they did out of the box, everything is perfect except for a slight buzz on a white screen, not extreme, not over the dialog like I read, you only kind of hear it with the tv muted and replay the white screen and are trying to hear it, I don't think it's of much concern, at least I hope. I also read somewhere that that someone had that buzz go away with time, but that was the only time I saw that anywhere. I'm think that a couple thing might contribute as well, the size, (65" might be louder than a 50"?), it is mounted on a wall, & in a big room with hard wood floors and 9' ceilings. So I guess the two things are; what do you guys do to make the colors really POP & then the whole buzz thing.........THANKS!

BTW, found these settings and like them the best so far, the only difference is I upped the sharpness to 20:

Custom Picture Mode
Contrast +80 to +85
Brightness +57
Color +51
Tint +3
Sharpness 0
Color Temp: Normal
C.A.T.S: Off
Video NR: Off
Color Space: Normal
W/B High R 0
W/B High G +1
W/B High B -6
W/B Low R -18
W/B Low G -25
W/B Low B -7
Black Extension 0
Gamma Adjustment 2.4
Panel Brightness: Mid
Contour Emphasis: Off
AGC: 0
Block NR: Off
Mosquito NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off
Black level: Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM

Liked: 11
Thanks to everyone yesterday on helping me get my speaker setup to play through my TV. Made all the connections you all suggested and it worked like a charm......I appreciate it!
sheshechic likes this.

Panasonic GT50 55"
Oppo 103 Blu-Ray Player
Denon 2112CI AVR
post #7113 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam13 View Post

Thanks to everyone yesterday on helping me get my speaker setup to play through my TV. Made all the connections you all suggested and it worked like a charm......I appreciate it!
Now you're an expert. smile.gif

Congratulations. Enjoy your new setup.
post #7114 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

In addition to tpollagi said, how about trying new settings? I used cnet for a while but then started thinking that the time had come for a calibration. About that time D-Nice posted his settings for the GT and I was much more pleased. Today I gave HD-Master's wide day settings a try and I am totally happy.

Is HD-Master's settings the ones from another forum you need to be a member of to view? Could someone kindly post them (or pm them to me)? Please and thanks.

Something quite odd (but pleasant) has happened the more and more ive watched my gt50: ive marvelled in the cinema quality of movies - bd's like Sky Fall blew me away, and older LD movies look 10x more enjoyable than they did on my XBR4 upstairs. But I now fully realise that my older Sony LCD displays a much, much sharper image on every source except BD content. OTA, Netflix, the older analog stuff, even (but to lesser extent) PS3 games. Ihave compensated by raising the sharpness on my gt50 to the 85 and above mark for certain content (OTA for sure) and it has improved things. But the black panny still can't match the XBR4 in clarity. The difference is night and day when comparing animated DVD's like Matigascar. It looked like a BD upstairs and a Dvd downstairs - BUT, it looked far more cinematic (almost less like animation) on the gt50. So I agree these sets are not the sharpest with some content. But for a set to suddenly go soft sounds weird.

To the poster who is experiencing this, could the panel have reset (power failure, etc) and your custom settings have been lost?
post #7115 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 01:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin96 View Post

Is HD-Master's settings the ones from another forum you need to be a member of to view? Could someone kindly post them (or pm them to me)? Please and thanks.

Something quite odd (but pleasin) has happened the more and

Below is a link to HD-Master's GT50 settings. If the link does not go directly to his settings the post is on page 236 and is post #7040.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/7020#post_23017836

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #7116 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM

Liked: 46
Thank you sir. I read back six pages but clearly missed that. Am on a damn smart phone standing on commuter train.
sheshechic likes this.
post #7117 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Only 2 channel audio from my GT50 Viera Connect??

My Panasonic GT50 is connected to a Yamaha RX--V571 receiver that connects to my 5.1 channel audio system. The connection between the TV and the receiver is solely the HDMI connection and the TV's ARC capability is utilized to feel audio from Viera Connect apps back to the receiver (i.e. I do not use a separate optical cable for digital audio).

I am able to get multichannel audio for my cable TV (the cable TV STB is also connected to the receiver using a separate HDMI), but I only get 2 channel audio for anything that comes from the TV such as viera connect apps like youtube.

Is there a setting that I am missing? Any guidance will be appreciated.
post #7118 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysBrowsing View Post

My Panasonic GT50 is connected to a Yamaha RX--V571 receiver that connects to my 5.1 channel audio system. The connection between the TV and the receiver is solely the HDMI connection and the TV's ARC capability is utilized to feel audio from Viera Connect apps back to the receiver (i.e. I do not use a separate optical cable for digital audio).

I am able to get multichannel audio for my cable TV (the cable TV STB is also connected to the receiver using a separate HDMI), but I only get 2 channel audio for anything that comes from the TV such as viera connect apps like youtube.

Yeah, copyright bs. You'll need to connect an optical cable to the receiver. mad.gif
You don't want to know just how mad it makes me. wink.gif
alwaysBrowsing likes this.

post #7119 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl20 View Post

Just got my 65" GT50 and love it, playing with the settings a little bit trying to get the colors to pop a little more than they did out of the box, everything is perfect except for a slight buzz on a white screen, not extreme, not over the dialog like I read, you only kind of hear it with the tv muted and replay the white screen and are trying to hear it, I don't think it's of much concern, at least I hope. I also read somewhere that that someone had that buzz go away with time, but that was the only time I saw that anywhere. I'm think that a couple thing might contribute as well, the size, (65" might be louder than a 50"?), it is mounted on a wall, & in a big room with hard wood floors and 9' ceilings. So I guess the two things are; what do you guys do to make the colors really POP & then the whole buzz thing.........THANKS!

To make everything pop, I use HD-Master's wide day settings.

post #7120 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked: 12
I'm using ARC from at 60" GT50 to a Denon AVR-3313CI. YouTube is only stereo, but audio from OTA broadcasts and Netflix is definitely DD 5.1.
post #7121 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin96 View Post

Thank you sir. I read back six pages but clearly missed that. Am on a damn smart phone standing on commuter train.
You phone guys will never learn! eek.gif

Enjoy. smile.gif
post #7122 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 05:58 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post

If you are switching to vierra connect the you are asking audio derived from your TV to be sent to your AVR. Or sent to the TV speakers which you are hearing. If you want to hear vierra connect through your avr then you must use either arc (via the hdmi from avr to TV and a capable arc avr) or a toslink aka fiber optic cable from TV to avr. You must also tell the avr what you want it to do via assign an optical input or use arc. Do you still have your TV manual? Or you can find it online. It demonstrates how to hook it up

Quote:

Have you changed the speakers from TV to Theater in Setup?

Thanks to both of you! I will do a bit more research/testing. I rarely use Viera Connect anyway.
post #7123 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 06:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysBrowsing View Post

You should be able to get 5.1 via ARC from the Viera apps. The youtube videos may not be 5.1. Try something that you know for sure is 5.1.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #7124 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yeah, copyright bs. You'll need to connect an optical cable to the receiver. mad.gif
You don't want to know just how mad it makes me. wink.gif
What you are thinking is the opposite. With ARC working properly you should get 5.1 It is with digi op that sometimes you will not. In the case of the GT you should get 5.1 either way. Assuming, of course, that it is a 5.1 source. Youtube may not be.

post #7125 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

What you are thinking is the opposite. With ARC working properly you should get 5.1 It is with digi op that sometimes you will not. In the case of the GT you should get 5.1 either way. Assuming, of course, that it is a 5.1 source. Youtube may not be.

Thanks for correcting me. I must have known that when we hung the tv on the wall because the optical isn't connected to my Denon. I'm having a senior day. rolleyes.gif

post #7126 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 PM

Does anyone know how to get the screen on the 60GT50 to sit level? I have it on the stand and there is some teeter-totter give to it left and right, even with the 4 main screws tightened all the way. The difference in the two sides is about half an inch. The sweet spot is right in the middle of that teeter-totter (physically held it in the middle to verify) but I can't get it to stay there, it ends up tilting one way or the other.

I've checked and double checked the screws physically connecting the TV and stand, is it possible the screws underneath connecting the L plate to the stand itself wiggled a little loose and is the reason for the give? Despite my OCD for things like this, the 1/2 inch is not what is bothering me, but rather the possibility that the screws connecting the stand to the L plate and thus to the TV are loose.

I know this has been mentioned a few times in this thread and I believe I saw a solution from Randy Walters when I was researching the set, but when I search "tilted", the results are almost entirely related to wall mounts. If that amount of give is to be expected, I won't bother with the 1/2 of an inch off, just want to make sure it's completely secure.
post #7127 of 9769 Old 02-28-2013, 11:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerPower25 View Post

Does anyone know how to get the screen on the 60GT50 to sit level? I have it on the stand and there is some teeter-totter give to it left and right, even with the 4 main screws tightened all the way. The difference in the two sides is about half an inch. The sweet spot is right in the middle of that teeter-totter (physically held it in the middle to verify) but I can't get it to stay there, it ends up tilting one way or the other.

I've checked and double checked the screws physically connecting the TV and stand, is it possible the screws underneath connecting the L plate to the stand itself wiggled a little loose and is the reason for the give? Despite my OCD for things like this, the 1/2 inch is not what is bothering me, but rather the possibility that the screws connecting the stand to the L plate and thus to the TV are loose.

I know this has been mentioned a few times in this thread and I believe I saw a solution from Randy Walters when I was researching the set, but when I search "tilted", the results are almost entirely related to wall mounts. If that amount of give is to be expected, I won't bother with the 1/2 of an inch off, just want to make sure it's completely secure.
The solution I've read is to have someone, with a level, hold the screen. Loosen the screws enough to rock the panel, and tighten them when the level holder has the screen centered. That assumes that the screws will hold once the screen is level. I recal that it's important to not over tighten the screws.

If what you are saying the screws never can be tightened, then I would contact Panasonic. The screws may be striped.
post #7128 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

The solution I've read is to have someone, with a level, hold the screen. Loosen the screws enough to rock the panel, and tighten them when the level holder has the screen centered. That assumes that the screws will hold once the screen is level. I recal that it's important to not over tighten the screws.

If what you are saying the screws never can be tightened, then I would contact Panasonic. The screws may be striped.

I believe I fixed the problem. Not sure what the fix was exactly, but I completely redid the stand installation put the TV back on the stand, made sure everything was nice and tight and I no longer have that slight left-right wobble and it is level within a few millimeters. Not sure what the ultimate fix was since I didn't do anything different, but it's good now.

Unfortunately finally getting it in place on the stand has developed another problem, much more audible buzzing than I could previously hear when it was on the stand on the floor. I can even detect a noise difference when the popup telling me there is no signal on an input shows up from a fully black screen. On a full white slide, it is clearly audible from my 8 feet viewing distance. I have to imagine the difference in the two buzzing situations is because it is now 18 inches from a wall which reverberates the buzz rather than sitting in the middle of the room on the stand on a carpeted floor where the buzz isn't amplified.

During real world content, there doesn't even need to be a "bright" scene to have audible buzzing with the set on mute. The Netflix loading screen (red with gray bars) is audible. During one scene towards the end of Thor where the camera pans up through the clouds through pitch black space through the bright white clouds of Asgard, I can hear buzzing with the sound at 15. That is not acceptable.

I don't want to keep going through the process of returning TV's, this is #2 now (different models) so if this can be repaired in home (without cost to me), I'd prefer that. Is that an option or should I just exchange it and see what happens?
post #7129 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

I believe I fixed the problem. Not sure what the fix was exactly, but I completely redid the stand installation put the TV back on the stand, made sure everything was nice and tight and I no longer have that slight left-right wobble and it is level within a few millimeters. Not sure what the ultimate fix was since I didn't do anything different, but it's good now.

Unfortunately finally getting it in place on the stand has developed another problem, much more audible buzzing than I could previously hear when it was on the stand on the floor. I can even detect a noise difference when the popup telling me there is no signal on an input shows up from a fully black screen. On a full white slide, it is clearly audible from my 8 feet viewing distance. I have to imagine the difference in the two buzzing situations is because it is now 18 inches from a wall which reverberates the buzz rather than sitting in the middle of the room on the stand on a carpeted floor where the buzz isn't amplified.

During real world content, there doesn't even need to be a "bright" scene to have audible buzzing with the set on mute. The Netflix loading screen (red with gray bars) is audible. During one scene towards the end of Thor where the camera pans up through the clouds through pitch black space through the bright white clouds of Asgard, I can hear buzzing with the sound at 15. That is not acceptable.

I don't want to keep going through the process of returning TV's, this is #2 now (different models) so if this can be repaired in home (without cost to me), I'd prefer that. Is that an option or should I just exchange it and see what happens?
Move to LED. Sets aren't meant to take slides. Let alone a white slide to check for anything. Let alone buzz. Move to led and be done with it.

As for your stand. Wal mounting is the best and easier solution. I don't know what anyone wouldn't wall mount a set. It's not like people don't place their tv directly infront of a wall to begin with. So mount it right where it is. Height and all. Use the stand for your components. Wall mounts can be super cheap and save space. Plus it just makes everything look that much better.
post #7130 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 04:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Quote:
Move to LED. Sets aren't meant to take slides. Let alone a white slide to check for anything. Let alone buzz. Move to led and be done with it.

Where is the smiley face wink.gif? I've seen quite a few LEDs and I'm sure many like them. But I've never seen one with the PQ that can compare to a plasma especially for sports. I didn't run any slides or do a "white slide" with my 60GT50. I don't have any buzzing with my 60GT50 either.

Quote:
As for your stand. Wal mounting is the best and easier solution. I don't know what anyone wouldn't wall mount a set. It's not like people don't place their tv directly infront of a wall to begin with. So mount it right where it is. Height and all. Use the stand for your components. Wall mounts can be super cheap and save space. Plus it just makes everything look that much better.

Is it the easiest solution if one lives in an apartment and can't damage the walls? I have a buddy that has his HT over his garage and the knee wall is only 4' up then the walls slope up at an angle. How is wall mounting easier than stand mounting in a situation like that? You make it sound so easy but I think you are forgetting that everyone doesn't own where they live or have the room layout to wall mount their display wink.gif.

Bill

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #7131 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 AM

I watched a ton of full screen content last night and everything seemed o.k. on my set as far as uniformity. I'm running the "slides" (oh noesss) when I go to bed and at work. My uniformity issue on the "slides" is still there. I’ll chalk it up to the USB port being the culprit or a non issue. Moving forward, I'm going to let it break in quite a bit more before I try gaming on the set.

As far as comparing it to the LH90 LED set it replaced, it has a much different image. I expected that though. They both produce a very nice image. However, the GT50 hands down obliterates the LH90 in shadow detail. Especially in a scene with low light against dark areas. Because the LH90 is a local dimming set "blooming" in complicated dark scenes would really effect the picture. I could never effectively calibrate that out, it’s a byproduct of the tech. Black bars during movies were extremely light on the LH90 and even though the image in between the bars was good it really messed with my perception of the picture. Just imagine a soft black on top and bottom and in between it you had a great picture. It was just weird. Then there is the off angle viewing. Anything outside of a few feet dead center would degrade the picture quite a bit on the LH90. On the GT50 the picture looks outstanding at every angle in my viewing area. The image on the LH90 is much softer then the GT50. Which is weird for an LCD but I've always thought LG's had softer pictures (at least they used to). Of course I don't put my LCD's at full retina burn either. My backlight's are low and I shoot for movie like images not bleeding eyeballs. I could never put my finger on it but the LH90 always felt like the image had literally no sharpness to it. My 5 year old 52” XBR6 had a crisper “image” than my LH90 which bugged me.

Ultimately the GT50 so far for me has a really nice picture to it. Only the next couple weeks will let me know if it’s a keeper. I do game and if there is any issues with gaming despite the fantastic picture I’ll have a tough decision to make.
post #7132 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If this happened to me I would try loosening the mounting screws (one or two threads) on the back of the tv, just to see if that has any impact on the buzz.

post #7133 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Hello all,

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I just ordered my GT50 65-inch, and now I'm trying to tackle the wall-mounting responsibilties (for the first time). I have read the discussions here (and elsewhere) about mounts, but I'm still a bit perplexed as to my "best" option.

In a moment of frustrated haste, I ordered this digicom mount a few days ago: Digicom Mount.

Looking back, however, I'm worried that it may sit out a bit too far from the wall (Amazon lists it at 3"). Also, I've seen no one really discussing this mount brand with the GT50, so I'm worried about compatibility/quality.

Now I'm looking at these two Sanus as a better solution (before hanging something on the wall that I hate): The VLT15 and the LL22. With the VLT I'm concerned about heat and clearance in the back. I've seen some positive comments about the LL22 here that make me comfortable with that one, but I wanted to know if there was any feedback on the VLT. Aesthetically, the closer to the wall the better, so if the VLT is a good option, I'd like to do that.

If it matters, I'm mounting through drywall into wood studs, standard construction.

Thank you for any thoughts, recommendations, suggestions, or explanations as to how all of my ideas are terrible.
post #7134 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP33 View Post

I watched a ton of full screen content last night and everything seemed o.k. on my set as far as uniformity. I'm running the "slides" (oh noesss) when I go to bed and at work. My uniformity issue on the "slides" is still there. I’ll chalk it up to the USB port being the culprit or a non issue. Moving forward, I'm going to let it break in quite a bit more before I try gaming on the set.

As far as comparing it to the LH90 LED set it replaced, it has a much different image. I expected that though. They both produce a very nice image. However, the GT50 hands down obliterates the LH90 in shadow detail. Especially in a scene with low light against dark areas. Because the LH90 is a local dimming set "blooming" in complicated dark scenes would really effect the picture. I could never effectively calibrate that out, it’s a byproduct of the tech. Black bars during movies were extremely light on the LH90 and even though the image in between the bars was good it really messed with my perception of the picture. Just imagine a soft black on top and bottom and in between it you had a great picture. It was just weird. Then there is the off angle viewing. Anything outside of a few feet dead center would degrade the picture quite a bit on the LH90. On the GT50 the picture looks outstanding at every angle in my viewing area. The image on the LH90 is much softer then the GT50. Which is weird for an LCD but I've always thought LG's had softer pictures (at least they used to). Of course I don't put my LCD's at full retina burn either. My backlight's are low and I shoot for movie like images not bleeding eyeballs. I could never put my finger on it but the LH90 always felt like the image had literally no sharpness to it. My 5 year old 52” XBR6 had a crisper “image” than my LH90 which bugged me.

Ultimately the GT50 so far for me has a really nice picture to it. Only the next couple weeks will let me know if it’s a keeper. I do game and if there is any issues with gaming despite the fantastic picture I’ll have a tough decision to make.
Thank you for the comparison. I also have a 47LH90. Did you use Motion Smoother and 240Hz or any of the "artificial" enhancers?

post #7135 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

Is it the easiest solution if one lives in an apartment and can't damage the walls? I have a buddy that has his HT over his garage and the knee wall is only 4' up then the walls slope up at an angle. How is wall mounting easier than stand mounting in a situation like that? You make it sound so easy but I think you are forgetting that everyone doesn't own where they live or have the room layout to wall mount their display wink.gif.

Bill
Why does the slope matter? That's where a tilt mount comes to play. So yes. It's still easier.

As for not being able to from not owning your home. Well I just can't imagine a place doing that. Can you not hang a picture to the wall? Poster? Don't see why a tv mount would be any different. 4 holes that can easily be plugged and painted when moving out.
post #7136 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP33 View Post

highly doubt your game as much as I do on your set. And I've never had an issue. Then again. I don't run slides. If you game then run a slide right away. I'm sure you'll have an issue. But if you just use the tv. You'll be fine.
post #7137 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Thank you for the comparison. I also have a 47LH90. Did you use Motion Smoother and 240Hz or any of the "artificial" enhancers?

The only artificial enhancer I had set up was the the one for motion. I set the 240hz to off. I really like the LH90 and kind of hate to see it go but because of the viewing angles on it I can't swap it for my XBR6 upstairs. The XBR6 gets about 80% of our viewing and covers a large viewing area. IMO the LH90 still holds up well to a lot of the current generations LED sets out there. If you can get past the bulkiness and giant bezel. wink.gif

Quote:

I
highly doubt your game as much as I do on your set. And I've never had an issue. Then again. I don't run slides. If you game then run a slide right away. I'm sure you'll have an issue. But if you just use the tv. You'll be fine.

That's good to know. It's not unlike me sometimes to have a good 4hr gaming session playing (insert game here) with friends. However I'm only doing this a couple times a week mainly on weekends. The rest of the content on this set will be largely for movies and sports. I'm just running slides now to break it in. I don't plan on using them ever again if I don't have to.
post #7138 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 11:21 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramus96 View Post

Hello all,

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I just ordered my GT50 65-inch, and now I'm trying to tackle the wall-mounting responsibilties (for the first time). I have read the discussions here (and elsewhere) about mounts, but I'm still a bit perplexed as to my "best" option.

In a moment of frustrated haste, I ordered this digicom mount a few days ago: Digicom Mount.

Looking back, however, I'm worried that it may sit out a bit too far from the wall (Amazon lists it at 3"). Also, I've seen no one really discussing this mount brand with the GT50, so I'm worried about compatibility/quality.

Now I'm looking at these two Sanus as a better solution (before hanging something on the wall that I hate): The VLT15 and the LL22. With the VLT I'm concerned about heat and clearance in the back. I've seen some positive comments about the LL22 here that make me comfortable with that one, but I wanted to know if there was any feedback on the VLT. Aesthetically, the closer to the wall the better, so if the VLT is a good option, I'd like to do that.

If it matters, I'm mounting through drywall into wood studs, standard construction.

Thank you for any thoughts, recommendations, suggestions, or explanations as to how all of my ideas are terrible.

from the looks, the digicom seems fine. A mount is a mount. as long as its strong enough to keep the television on the studs, its fine. With that said, keep in mind the placement of your outlets and such by the mounting plate. I had a sanus i had to replace since i had to put it above the outlet or below. I had to buy a new one that had enough space between the top and bottom to fit OVER the wall plate for the outlet.

1.5 inches more or less isn't going to matter, to be honest. I went from 1.5->3 and i cant tell especially since its tilted downward. you REALLY are not losing/gaining anything from 1.5"...

On second thought, you are GAINING a lot more flexibility by adding the 1.5". It makes a big difference for getting cables in and plugged in without adding too much stress/tension on the wires.
post #7139 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Quote:
Why does the slope matter? That's where a tilt mount comes to play. So yes. It's still easier.

Are you serious? The "slope" in my buddys room is close to 45 degrees so it does matter quite a bit. There is no mount that has that amount of tilt and can be mounted on that angle that I'm aware of. Apparently you are not well versed in construction or understand the point I'm trying to make.

Below is a link (2nd post) showing what my buddys wall angle looks like. So If you think it is "still easier" to mount a plasma on a wall like that I'd like to see how you are going to do it wink.gif.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23405

Quote:
As for not being able to from not owning your home. Well I just can't imagine a place doing that. Can you not hang a picture to the wall? Poster? Don't see why a tv mount would be any different. 4 holes that can easily be plugged and painted when moving out.

Did you ever consider that some people prefer having their display on a stand? Mine is wall mounted which I prefer but not everyone feels that way. The comparison of hanging a picture on a wall to mounting a large flat screen is quite a stretch IMO. You might want to have more of a open mind and not think your preferences are always the best for everyone wink.gif.

Bill

post #7140 of 9769 Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramus96 View Post

Hello all,

I'm not familiar with the VLT or the digi mount. Compatability wise, Sanus has a tool on their website to cross reference which mount will work with which model TV. I have the LL22 and it is awesome! I have the 65gt50. With spacers you can increase the distance it sits off the wall. I used the next to smallest ones and the TV is exactly 3.25" off the wall total (from wall to front of tv). Looks like a picture hanging. The mount has a neato kick stand to make hooking it up a little easier. Emphasize "little" lol
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page