Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 250 - AVS Forum
First ... 248  249  250 251  252  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk]
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 03:49 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Practolog View Post

I dont ask u to change some settings i just ask u measure TP of voltage to help me i need to adjust my after upgrade

I understand that you were not asking for me to change any settings. As I asked earlier why not measure the voltage on your own plasma. Seeing that you got the original S/M settings from another member earlier. I think you should just sit back and enjoy your plasma instead of over thinking everything as you are.

Bill

JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 03:57 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

i know the truth when u put pb=low no dither in dark areas coz panel work in extra steps of grads u can see it by horizontal line of pixel protect its increase twice like mll and u can see thats in cinema the same))

Alright, no one is debating you on this now. However, your suggestion cuts the entire brightness in half, to fix a small dithering problem that only affects dark grays. A problem that's so small, it's barely recognizable on a full dark gray slide from regular viewing distance. It's there, I can see the difference from low to mid, but why should I care about something so utterly insignificant?
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 03:57 PM 03-07-2013

If you can see dithering 5+ feet away you are either a robot or you have a defective TV

Practolog's Avatar Practolog 04:02 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rypaul View Post

If you can see dithering 5+ feet away you are either a robot or you have a defective TV
No its not a difectife its always bug of Panny phosphor((( Samsung didnt have that issue((
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 04:08 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

No its not a difectife its always bug of Panny phosphor((( Samsung didnt have that issue((

Notice I said five feet away. I do not dispute the artifacts. My point is like everyone elses is that

yes the picture like every other TV on this planet is not 100% pure and accurate if you stand right

in front of it but at a reasonable viewing distance the human eye cannot tell the difference. Which

if that is the case then it really does not matter. Ask yourself this, who is supposed to be watching

these tv's? If the answer is a machine from 2 inches away then yes you have a problem but if it's

a human from eight to ten feet then all of the worry over this dithering issue on your part is a

waste of energy and time. This is the last thing I have to say about dithering in dark areas

JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 04:19 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Fine. Is it a problem worth cutting your brightness in half for.

No. wink.gif
JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 04:25 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

When I mess with Panel brightness the effect I am seeing is more a change in the image noise in dark area similar to what you would see with high gain settings.
I am not sure if this is what he is interpreting as dithering... Enlighten me please somebody who knows the truth about all this.

He's talking about the dithering in dark greys (1-4% specifically), not just the dithering normally seen from a plasma. It's more pronounced, and from 6-8 feet away you can see the pixels are dancing slightly, but the screen still appears solid gray. If I wasn't looking at a still slide I would probably not be able to tell the difference at all. It's an insignificant issue that he has blown WAY out of proportion, as you guessed.
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 04:40 PM 03-07-2013

I am just curious what everyone here are using as an A/V receiver that plays nicely with the GT50.

I just want to make sure whatever I buy does not change the quality of the image before it is sent

to the TV in case I use the receiver as the main hub.

I had also planned to reuse my existing speakers so it need to accept raw wire. Thanks in advance

JukeBox360's Avatar JukeBox360 04:51 PM 03-07-2013
You guys are debating with a guy that clearly voids warranty without care. Off course whatever he debates would be to an extreme.
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 04:58 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

You guys are debating with a guy that clearly voids warranty without care. Off course whatever he debates would be to an extreme.

Hence why I am moving on topic wise. I made a promise to myself to stop horse flogging when I turned thirty.

Latinoheat's Avatar Latinoheat 05:03 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Quote:

I am just curious what everyone here are using as an A/V receiver that plays nicely with the GT50.
I just want to make sure whatever I buy does not change the quality of the image before it is sent
I had also planned to reuse my existing speakers so it need to accept raw wire. Thanks in advance

I have an Onkyo RC-360 hooked up to my GT50. Awesome receiver has everything I could possibly want at this time, multiple HDMI inputs, 3D, ARC, Network, 7.2 channels, HD Audio, 1080p up scaling etc, even is 4K ready. It's a 2011 model and have never had any issues. In other words onkyo is a good bet, I would recommend Denon as well.
As for wanting to send the quality image pass through is also not a problem. To be honest I only send the image passthrough only on bluray, for HD cable is upscaled to 1080p and it looks that much better. wink.gif
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 05:28 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Either Denon or Onkyo will do what you want. I've never had any experience with an AVR that didn't have binding posts that would accept raw speaker wire. wink.gif
JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 05:33 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I don't believe you void your warranty unless you cause some form of damage from messing around in the SM.

As for debating with him, I wouldn't call a one sided argument, a debate. wink.gif
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:02 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

I would connect everything to the AVR, that's what I did at least.

I only have one HDMI cord going from the TV to the AVR.
+1
swizzchard's Avatar swizzchard 06:07 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Ok for Harmony issues. Go into the Harmony software, Click on devices, press the troubleshoot button in the Tv section
highlight the "Panasonic responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally." section,
click next, highlight "1" click Save and then update your remote.

I have a harmony 300 and went into myharmony.com, however I do not see a troubleshoot. My problem is single button press increments the command by 2: volume, numeric picture settings, non-numeric picture settings...

I basically click the button, and put my hand over the IR transmitter to prevent the second send... frown.gif
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:14 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzchard View Post

I have a harmony 300 and went into myharmony.com, however I do not see a troubleshoot. My problem is single button press increments the command by 2: volume, numeric picture settings, non-numeric picture settings...

I basically click the button, and put my hand over the IR transmitter to prevent the second send... frown.gif
That may not be an option on the website. You may have to use the Harmony software.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 06:16 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Nearly any avr will meet those requirements. I like Yamaha. Whats your budget?
BDP33's Avatar BDP33 06:31 PM 03-07-2013
Anyone here running an HTPC? I'm running an i5 2600k and just using the onboard Intel graphics with Arcsoft Total Media Theater 5. I was just curious if anyone was using something similar and what your settings were refresh rate etc.
jpl20's Avatar jpl20 06:45 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

I would connect everything to the AVR, that's what I did at least.

I only have one HDMI cord going from the TV to the AVR.

I had a handshake issue when going from my Scientific Atlanta stb to my Denon to my display, I had to run a separate hdmi from the stb, and another from the Denon for the blu ray. To be able to run the sound from the stb to the Denon I ran an optical out. Just my $0.02
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 06:50 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

I'm using a Denon 4311 and it works quite well with the 60GT50. You can use raw wire but I'd use good quality banana plugs if you can. That way making your speaker connections is very easy and you won't have any issues with stray wiring.

http://www.amazon.com/GLS-Audio-Locking-Generation-Connector/dp/B000QIYIRC

Bill
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 06:55 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpl20 View Post

I had a handshake issue when going from my Scientific Atlanta stb to my Denon to my display, I had to run a separate hdmi from the stb, and another from the Denon for the blu ray. To be able to run the sound from the stb to the Denon I ran an optical out. Just my $0.02

I'm having no issues using HDMI from my SA 8300HD cable box to my Denon 4311 then to the 60GT50. Sometimes the sequence in how your components are powered up can cause HDMI handshake issues.

Bill
moonbeam13's Avatar moonbeam13 06:56 PM 03-07-2013
Using a Denon 2112CI here with my 55GT50 and I'm very happy with it.
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 07:11 PM 03-07-2013

Thanks to all who gave advice on receivers. I currently am eyeing the Onkyo RC-460. I like the fact that it has 2 HDMI outputs. I have

it in mind to use these to create day and night custom settings instead of using a seperate box.

rypaul's Avatar rypaul 07:12 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Nearly any avr will meet those requirements. I like Yamaha. Whats your budget?

Oh my budget is anything under U.S. $400

sheshechic's Avatar sheshechic 07:17 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

I don't believe you void your warranty unless you cause some form of damage from messing around in the SM.

As for debating with him, I wouldn't call a one sided argument, a debate. wink.gif

You might want to read some of the early postings in the VT50 calibrations thread regarding Panasonic's policy on owners messing in the SM. wink.gif
sheshechic's Avatar sheshechic 07:18 PM 03-07-2013
Everything runs into my Denon 2113. I upgraded from a Yamaha and couldn't be happier.
sheshechic's Avatar sheshechic 07:24 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Oh my budget is anything under U.S. $400

How many speakers? I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Denon AVR-1713 for the living room (5.11). Audessey MultiEQ XT is far better than Yamaha's YPAO especially if you have a less than ideal speaker setup.
rypaul's Avatar rypaul 07:46 PM 03-07-2013

Right now I only have a 5.1 setup. I have not thought out a 7.1 or 7.2 setup for my living room yet.

JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 07:51 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

You might want to read some of the early postings in the VT50 calibrations thread regarding Panasonic's policy on owners messing in the SM. wink.gif

I would like to see them prove it, in any event less than you "bricking" the TV.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 07:55 PM 03-07-2013
Quote:

Thanks to all who gave advice on receivers. I currently am eyeing the Onkyo RC-460. I like the fact that it has 2 HDMI outputs. I have
it in mind to use these to create day and night custom settings instead of using a seperate box.
Does that have any sort of room calibration? I just looked at it and didnt notice any?
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 248  249  250 251  252  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop