Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 274 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8191 of 9760 Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

This is obvious. The entire point is for his settings to match as closely as possible to what he's actually seeing. Everyone knows no two panels are the same. Hence settings don't always look the best on other sets. The main point in sharing settings should be more of a reference vs followed to the T. D-nice provides a way to get as close to what he has as possible.

This is all basic knowledge that I didn't think I'd have to get into. Either I failed to be clear on what I was saying or people basically look to into something so they can be the wise one.

Have to speak up here. No disrespect intended to you, but you just told someone his calibration was basically a waste. Not true. The point being made to you is, while d-nice's settings MIGHT be a good starting point, it is in no way a calibration. You just said "no 2 panels are the same". If you believe what you just said then D-nices settings can only be a starting point at best. You can't see what he's seeing given the difference in panels and room conditions. As an outside observer, your points made no sense. His calibration was not a waste. EDIT: I meant "calibration" to be in future tense...since it hasn't happened yet...My point remains.
ser_renely and sheshechic like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8192 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

D-Nice's panel prep bring the panel closer to what his was before calibration but it can't be exactly the same. We all know that most people don't follow it to a T either.
This is obvious. The entire point is for his settings to match as closely as possible to what he's actually seeing. Everyone knows no two panels are the same. Hence settings don't always look the best on other sets. The main point in sharing settings should be more of a reference vs followed to the T. D-nice provides a way to get as close to what he has as possible.

This is all basic knowledge that I didn't think I'd have to get into. Either I failed to be clear on what I was saying or people basically look to into something so they can be the wise one.

Maybe shared settings should be a starting point for people but they actually aren't for most, not even for most people who post here, and there are a lot more people than that looking for settings. That's why I have a problem with people who put on airs of a professional and/or who don't make it clear how they arrived at their numbers.

Where D-Nice's settings are concerned the procedure should be followed exactly. He is a professional and his intentions are much greater than most of those who share their numbers. In addition, the results are much better. Whether someone "likes" them or not is beside the point, since a good number of people just don't like an accurate picture for various reasons. IMO, it's a shame that we have so many people on AVS who have so little respect for the science of calibration, who have been doing it well for so long and who come here to share, educate and help. I have great respect for those who help others learn to calibrate and encourage their desire to learn. I have little respect for those who read a few articles and wiki, check out a few threads, then come here with puffed out chests to misinform, misdirect and scare people. What I deplore even more are those who choose to argue with professionals for reasons that seem to be nothing more than pride. Because of them and their groupies we have lost a great deal.

Now, D-Nice's settings indicate which can be used without running the slides. If someone wants to know why then I suggest doing a little reading. However, there is one reason that will be hard to find- some people just cannot follow directions (for various reasons), some people encourage them, and then some of those people blame the results on D-Nice. pfffft! I guess you see that as being no big deal, well, if you saw some of the comments and their attitude toward him you'd know that it's not a small deal. wink.gif

One last thing for those reading this. D-Nice's prep slides do not prevent IR or burn in! And please read your manual and check out the Help feature which is actually the manual we used to get with TVs. If you want to read it on line then look at the first or second post of this thread. BTW, there is a search feature, on this forum, that includes an advanced option.

Syphon was correct.

I'm going to get off my stump now.

post #8193 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
post #8194 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 02:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 823
In all fairness since he is an ex Best Buy employee, he may be getting a Best Buy calibration mixed up with a professional calibration. rolleyes.gif
sheshechic likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #8195 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by syphon View Post

Have to speak up here. No disrespect intended to you, but you just told someone his calibration was basically a waste. Not true. The point being made to you is, while d-nice's settings MIGHT be a good starting point, it is in no way a calibration. You just said "no 2 panels are the same". If you believe what you just said then D-nices settings can only be a starting point at best. You can't see what he's seeing given the difference in panels and room conditions. As an outside observer, your points made no sense. His calibration was not a waste. EDIT: I meant "calibration" to be in future tense...since it hasn't happened yet...My point remains.

Well said.

post #8196 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Wow. I'm really starting to think you can't burn in this tv.
post #8197 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 AM

Liked: 10
Ok first of all thanks for the overwhelming response to my post, second about the comment that I might actually like LCD/LED more...SILENCE biggrin.gif
I will start over and and give multiple settings a try again, starting with HDMasters. When I was researching I read about Plasmas not being ideal in very bright rooms and figured that it would be ok for my living room. There is one window left of the TV and then a patio door pretty far off on the wall where the couch is. Now having successfully transitioned from 'winter' to summer her in Arizona I wonder if my environment would be considered bright and sunlit... So this might be a reason, but imho wouldn't explain all of my worries.

When I am using THX bright room it seems like there is a layer of gray over the whole tv that I imagine peeling off and having the rich vibrant colors showing underneath, kind of like the detergent commercials tongue.gif
I have already talked with Lee Gallagher before I bought the tv and he recommended me to save a couple of bucks and get the GT50 because calibrated it - oddly as it sounds - performs better than the VT50.
Based on all the good experiences everyone seems to have had I am very close to giving him my business, but I am starting to wonder if the main source of the problem isn't my viewing environment. I'm still torn on taking the risk yet, so I will play around with all the other suggested settings on the weekend before I decide.

My setup is:
Cox Cable (720p, 1080i)
PS3
everything running through a: Yamaha RX-V673

I let the receiver process the picture because I believe that it looks better (even tough it might very well be a placebo) than 'direct' mode. At night I am basically only using THX Cinema and during the day, THX bright room.

Thanks again for all the responses.
post #8198 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burrito View Post

Ok first of all thanks for the overwhelming response to my post, second about the comment that I might actually like LCD/LED more...SILENCE biggrin.gif
I will start over and and give multiple settings a try again, starting with HDMasters. When I was researching I read about Plasmas not being ideal in very bright rooms and figured that it would be ok for my living room. There is one window left of the TV and then a patio door pretty far off on the wall where the couch is. Now having successfully transitioned from 'winter' to summer her in Arizona I wonder if my environment would be considered bright and sunlit... So this might be a reason, but imho wouldn't explain all of my worries.

When I am using THX bright room it seems like there is a layer of gray over the whole tv that I imagine peeling off and having the rich vibrant colors showing underneath, kind of like the detergent commercials tongue.gif
I have already talked with Lee Gallagher before I bought the tv and he recommended me to save a couple of bucks and get the GT50 because calibrated it - oddly as it sounds - performs better than the VT50.
Based on all the good experiences everyone seems to have had I am very close to giving him my business, but I am starting to wonder if the main source of the problem isn't my viewing environment. I'm still torn on taking the risk yet, so I will play around with all the other suggested settings on the weekend before I decide.

My setup is:
Cox Cable (720p, 1080i)
PS3

I let the receiver process the picture because I believe that it looks better (even tough it might very well be a placebo) than 'direct' mode. At night I am basically only using THX Cinema and during the day, THX bright room.

Can you get your hands on a blu-ray player? If so hook it up directly and play a blu-ray, to the tv to see what that picture looks like.

And your environment isn't the problem. My den is much brighter than yours and the tv now sits in front of a trio of windows.

post #8199 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 PM

Liked: 46
Quote:

My setup is:
Cox Cable (720p, 1080i)
PS3

Curious if your new GT50 replaced a previous TV set in your living room? If so, do tell. You must have had something to compare this GT50 to. Are you saying your Cox Cable or PS3 content (etc) looked better on a previous set?

Based on your description it sounds like you have the potential for a lot of outside ambient light to enter the room. We could get into what colour your walls are, what lighting system you have and what you use to shield your windows from outside light (blinds or shutters), but let's forget about that for a second and talk about the picture settings: out of the box the THX Cinema setting (IMO) is the only decent or watchable setting on this set - and that's only adequate for dark or dimly lit rooms. THX Bright Room does not stand up well in a really bright room, plus it just doesn't look good, period. Standard mode is garbage but the main reason for that is b/c the auto light sensing setting in the menu (can't recall off hand what its called) - the moment I turned that setting OFF in Standard mode it makes it a lot more watchable, but still in dire need of adjustment. Game, Cinema, and Vivid mode are all garbage - they simply look like crap. As a matter of fact, out of the box my GT50 probably has the worst pre set picture modes of any TV (LCD or Plasma) I've ever seen! LOL You really need to play with these settings to fit your own personal 1) preferences, and 2) viewing environment. That second part is key. The "bright room" setting from HDmaster for example my still be totally inadequate for your particular room - I would hazard a guess that HDmaster's room where he calibrated his TV is not a main floor, sun filled den (but I could be wrong), however if it was I would be surprised if HDmaster decided to tune his TV and "bright room" mode when sunlight was pouring into the room. One person's bright room with pot lights on full (as in my case in my basement) is nothing comparable to a main floor room with windows, like I have and no less than 5 different windows - in that upstairs environment during the day my LCD needs to be maxed out in a customized VIVID mode just to be able to see anything. Let me share some of the settings I've played with for brighter room viewing and see how that works for you. I'll pull that up tonight or tomorrow.

BTW Its funny you mentioned winter-spring change in Arizona, as in it getting brighter now in summer - for me up north, the winter days pump in BLINDING light into the house b/c the snow on the ground literally reflects the sunlight directly up and into the house. My upstairs will actually get dimmer once the snow melts :P
post #8200 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:

Can you get your hands on a blu-ray player? If so hook it up directly and play a blu-ray, to the tv to see what that picture looks like.

And your environment isn't the problem. My den is much brighter than yours and the tv now sits in front of a trio of windows.

Ok that is good to know! I mean the room is still pretty darn bright, but no windows directly opposite of the tv.
Does it have to be a stand alone player? Wouldn't the Playstation do the job? I just ordered Baraka so that should be a good source to watch. Also ordered Life of Pi in 3d with the XpanD X105-BT's, so that will be my first 3D impression as well.
I am currently using HDMI 2 bcs of ARC if that is of any importance. Panel is December 2012.

HDMasters settings are better than custom but still by far not what I was hoping for.

Funny side note, when I first starting using it after the slides I was like 'yes, no buzzing', and just the other day I asked my wife if she could hear buzzing during the apple commercial and she was like 'yes what the hell is that turn it off!'. I guess sometimes it is of an advantage to have hearing aids tongue.gif
post #8201 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckin96 View Post

Curious if your new GT50 replaced a previous TV set in your living room? If so, do tell. You must have had something to compare this GT50 to. Are you saying your Cox Cable or PS3 content (etc) looked better on a previous set?

Based on your description it sounds like you have the potential for a lot of outside ambient light to enter the room. We could get into what colour your walls are, what lighting system you have and what you use to shield your windows from outside light (blinds or shutters), but let's forget about that for a second and talk about the picture settings: out of the box the THX Cinema setting (IMO) is the only decent or watchable setting on this set - and that's only adequate for dark or dimly lit rooms. THX Bright Room does not stand up well in a really bright room, plus it just doesn't look good, period. Standard mode is garbage but the main reason for that is b/c the auto light sensing setting in the menu (can't recall off hand what its called) - the moment I turned that setting OFF in Standard mode it makes it a lot more watchable, but still in dire need of adjustment. Game, Cinema, and Vivid mode are all garbage - they simply look like crap. As a matter of fact, out of the box my GT50 probably has the worst pre set picture modes of any TV (LCD or Plasma) I've ever seen! LOL You really need to play with these settings to fit your own personal 1) preferences, and 2) viewing environment. That second part is key. The "bright room" setting from HDmaster for example my still be totally inadequate for your particular room - I would hazard a guess that HDmaster's room where he calibrated his TV is not a main floor, sun filled den (but I could be wrong), however if it was I would be surprised if HDmaster decided to tune his TV and "bright room" mode when sunlight was pouring into the room. One person's bright room with pot lights on full (as in my case in my basement) is nothing comparable to a main floor room with windows, like I have and no less than 5 different windows - in that upstairs environment during the day my LCD needs to be maxed out in a customized VIVID mode just to be able to see anything. Let me share some of the settings I've played with for brighter room viewing and see how that works for you. I'll pull that up tonight or tomorrow.

BTW Its funny you mentioned winter-spring change in Arizona, as in it getting brighter now in summer - for me up north, the winter days pump in BLINDING light into the house b/c the snow on the ground literally reflects the sunlight directly up and into the house. My upstairs will actually get dimmer once the snow melts :P

Very much looking forward to your settings, upon reading I felt like I could have written it. The previous tv was a Vizio GV46L 2006 which I thought was pretty decent for vizio being a cheaper maker (right?) and it being only 720p. On the other hand that might be a reason why the cable signal looked better on that tv.

I moved here a little more than a year ago coming from Austria. Back there I had a 42" 1080p Philips *whatever*, don't remember, with the stunning ambilight (a European version that's why I mentioned having moved here). I am very sad that there aren't any tv's anymore having this bcs this was an awesome feature. At first I didn't even care for that because I wanted the tv for other reasons, being top of the food chain at that time, but once I tried it I never turned it off again. Anywho, the picture on that one was really impressive, perfect viewing from _every_ angle despite that having been the flaw on that kind of tv. Only thing it lacked was vibrant, rich colors which I hoped the GT50 would deliver, hence my switch to Plasma.

Something else, yes the black is very good (hooray, something else I like, well...lol), but I feel like at times it is a little washed out to achieve that saturation. It sounds stupid I know, but when I am watching basketball I can barely see any details of the black players when it is the full court view. Close ups are no problem at all. I know most all of the NBA players but I am trying to get into College bball and the tv is giving me a hard time learning the players like that tongue.gif

Been watching with HDmasters settings for a short while now and it seems to be better than before, at least on the scienceHD and destinationHD channels. Might also be because the sun is higher now and the room is not so light flooded like it was when I entered the settings.
post #8202 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Ok that is good to know! I mean the room is still pretty darn bright, but no windows directly opposite of the tv.
Does it have to be a stand alone player? Wouldn't the Playstation do the job? I just ordered Baraka so that should be a good source to watch. Also ordered Life of Pi in 3d with the XpanD X105-BT's, so that will be my first 3D impression as well.
I am currently using HDMI 2 bcs of ARC if that is of any importance. Panel is December 2012.

HDMasters settings are better than custom but still by far not what I was hoping for.

Funny side note, when I first starting using it after the slides I was like 'yes, no buzzing', and just the other day I asked my wife if she could hear buzzing during the apple commercial and she was like 'yes what the hell is that turn it off!'. I guess sometimes it is of an advantage to have hearing aids tongue.gif

You could try the ps3 directly to see if the picture looks better, if it doesn't then borrow someone's blu-ray player to see how that looks. Also try hooking your cable directly to the tv to see how that looks. If you have an antenna, try the OTA signal, etc. Do you see what I mean? The blu-ray player and OTA (with antenna) will give you a good idea of what the tv can do.

Edit: BTW, you can fix that buzz or have them send a tech out to do it.

post #8203 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Hey - I am in Chandler, where are you?

I have a 50" GT50 in my living room - the whole northwest side of the room is french doors (wood doors with glass panels) and the dining nook behind the room is windowed. I have no issues at all with the picture level. During the worst of the day, if I sit way off angle I can get a reflection from the main dining room window. But even that doesn't bother me. If anything, I've found the TV to be exceptionally bright - I've got my brightness settings lowered for all modes.

Here's a simple test - bypass your reciever and run your panel straight off of your blu ray, or connect it to the internet, and bring up a TV show if you have amazon prime. Something to eliminate any other video processing equipment from the chain. If the picture is different maybe you have something in between that's cuasing your woes.

While it's not a 65', you would be welcome to come by and compare. Maybe your panel is defective?
post #8204 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 03:06 PM

Liked: 18
Those damn Apple commercials mad.giftongue.gif
You could also fix the "buzz" like I did a few days ago....I posted about it a few pages back. And a few pages back from that, sheshechic posted a video explaining exactly where the buzz is coming from in the panel. Hold up......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2SZI04Byg
post #8205 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2PLAYDAGAME View Post

You could also fix the "buzz" like I did a few days ago....I posted about it a few pages back. And a few pages back from that, sheshechic posted a video explaining exactly where the buzz is coming from in the panel. Hold up......

There are undoubtedly some sets making noise because of loose screws but this is not a universal fix. The majority of the buzzing appears to be due to magnetostriction within some of the components in the power supply. This has been a problem with all the plasma brands for years.
sheshechic likes this.
post #8206 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 04:10 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

We should send a group letter/petition:

Dear Panasonic,

We will gladly pay the 8 cents extra per plasma screen for you to use lockwashers to retain your circuit boards.

Sincerely,

AVS Forum Fans.

post #8207 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

El Burrito (or anyone)

Is your receiver just functioning as an HDMI switch or is it doing any active signal manipulation. I have an older Elite receiver without any HDMI so I have no practical knowledge about these "new" receivers and exactly what they do with HDMI signals. I think some of the prior posts suggested taking the receiver "out of the loop" to see if it is degrading the signals. If there is any active processing capability, you may just need to bump up the brightness on the receivers output. Just a thought.
post #8208 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 PM

Liked: 20
Amazon delivered my 60GT50 via Pilot today. It was laying flat on it's side in the bed of a Ryder truck..oh no. I was a little disappointed to see that they transported it that way. The driver stated that they transport them like that all the time.

He carried it inside by himself and we both unpacked it to check it out. Luckily, everything seemed fine with the unit. I let it sit for about 2 hours because it was 30 degrees outside and the unit was very cold when we opened it. The driver said to wait an hour or so before turning it on.

It is a October 2012 build. I put the stand on myself and fired it up and everything seems to be working fine. I hear no loud buzz and see no uniformity issues with the set so far. I have it set to THX Cinema and it seems the picture is getting better by the hour. I have the PS3 hooked up to it and have been playing Planet Earth on BD for the last 5 hours.

I looks very nice and I have no issues with it's picture quality or sound quality. The internal speakers do not sound bad at all. I have bass and treble set to around 12 each. I'm rather impressed by the sound compared to my older plasma's. I kinda like the surround sound setting so far.
post #8209 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_C View Post

Quote:

We should send a group letter/petition:

Dear Panasonic,

We will gladly pay the 8 cents extra per plasma screen for you to use lockwashers to retain your circuit boards.

Sincerely,

AVS Forum Fans.

biggrin.gif

post #8210 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 05:39 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupterr View Post

Amazon delivered my 60GT50 via Pilot today. It was laying flat on it's side in the bed of a Ryder truck..oh no. I was a little disappointed to see that they transported it that way. The driver stated that they transport them like that all the time.

He carried it inside by himself and we both unpacked it to check it out. Luckily, everything seemed fine with the unit. I let it sit for about 2 hours because it was 30 degrees outside and the unit was very cold when we opened it. The driver said to wait an hour or so before turning it on.

It is a October 2012 build. I put the stand on myself and fired it up and everything seems to be working fine. I hear no loud buzz and see no uniformity issues with the set so far. I have it set to THX Cinema and it seems the picture is getting better by the hour. I have the PS3 hooked up to it and have been playing Planet Earth on BD for the last 5 hours.

I looks very nice and I have no issues with it's picture quality or sound quality. The internal speakers do not sound bad at all. I have bass and treble set to around 12 each. I'm rather impressed by the sound compared to my older plasma's. I kinda like the surround sound setting so far.

I have the exact same set for about 7 months. Love it. Strange that they shipped it flat on its side. I got mine from Best buy and they specifically told me plasma's had to be shipped vertically, because of the glass. At least yours seems alright. Have fun.
post #8211 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The driver may have said that but I really don't think it's even close to reality frown.gif A plasma panel isn't going to explode just by moving it to a horizontal orientation but once it's in a horizontal position it's far more vonerable to breakage. No shipping company in its right mind would routinely increase the probability of total loss in shipping by not following accepted industry practices.

Oh, enjoy the new set smile.gif
post #8212 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Amazon delivered my 60GT50 via Pilot today. It was laying flat on it's side in the bed of a Ryder truck..oh no.
For my peace of mind please take a good (bright) flashlight and shine it on your screen from the side. Your display should be off when you do this. Carefully look for small cracks. If you find one, no matter how small, get in touch with Amazon right away. Don't leave the driver's comments out of the discussion. In fact, I would complain to Amazon even if you don't find any micro cracks. eek.gif
sheshechic likes this.
post #8213 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Is the ps3 not a blu ray player? I thought most people purchased it purely for blu ray purposes.
post #8214 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Is the ps3 not a blu ray player? I thought most people purchased it purely for blu ray purposes.

In case the problem lies with the PS3. It's basic trouble shooting.

post #8215 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Makes sense. I try to troubleshoot any video issues with a PC. I don't know why. Just easier since you can use an unlimited mount of content to test it with.
post #8216 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Quote:

Yes but most people own their PS3's primarily for gaming. Blu-ray is a bonus. There are probably some people who buy them just for Blu-ray. In that situation, I'd rather pay a bit more and get an OPPO. In fact that's exactly what I did. wink.gif
sheshechic likes this.
post #8217 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:

Congratulations!

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #8218 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Most people now get them for gaming. But most people had been buying them for a blu ray back in the day. It was pretty much the best option.
post #8219 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 PM

Liked: 20
Thanks for the well wishes and replies everyone. The driver was nonchalant about the TV laying on it's side and I was shocked by it. I told him they shouldn't transport it that way, he responded that they do it all the time. People just don't care. They don't even look at the box that states "transport in the upright position only". You wonder why they crack these tv's many times in transport.

htwaits..I did look it over with a flashlight while the driver watched me and saw no cracks when I inspected it. I will take another look at it again tomorrow just to make sure. Thanks for the heads up. As far as calling Amazon I think it will just fall on deaf ears somewhere down the line...if not right away.

I wanted to watch something besides Planet Earth after a while so I got my new Samsung 5100 3d glasses out and watched two iMax 3D films in THX 3D Cinema mode. The glasses paired very quickly and the iMax films looked great on the GT50.

I saw no cross talk from different seating positions. The picture was clear and the 3d effects were very good. I am happy with the new Samsung glasses. They are very comfortable to wear.

I mentioned in an earlier post about the film iMax:Under The Sea 3D and a grouper that moves out to right in front of your face. It's actually a Potato Cod and it was floating right in front of my face. It looked excellent.
post #8220 of 9760 Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Quote:

Most people now get them for gaming. But most people had been buying them for a blu ray back in the day. It was pretty much the best option.

I've never owned a PS3 but don't they have fans in them that can be quite loud? Also do the new PS3s come with a standard remote? Maybe it was the best option back in the day for bluray playback but that day has long since passed wink.gif.

Bill
sheshechic likes this.

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page