Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 329 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2015, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Ugh, my GT50 isn't showing any wireless routers when scanning. Ideas? I've had it connected since day one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by size14d View Post
Ugh, my GT50 isn't showing any wireless routers when scanning. Ideas? I've had it connected since day one.

I would reset the modem, the router and the TV. See if that works.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra X2 (BIG BADA BOOM); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Old 03-28-2015, 05:41 PM

It doesn't see any of the 20 routers in my subdivision.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:42 PM

How do you reset the TV? Menu?

Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Reset fixed it! Thanks!

Old 03-29-2015, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by size14d View Post
Reset fixed it! Thanks!

Nice!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wanted to ask all of you if you ever had am issue with the tv not powering on? I do not see any red leds blinking X amount of times, I see nothing. I may have had a surge in my house. I took off the back and looked around and not noticing anything out of the ordinary except for some crappy soldering job on the back of the psb. It is by the long metal shelf/ beam looking thing and am not sure if maybe something made those solder points look wonky or the people at Panasonic warehouse just did a crappy job

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2015, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
I wanted to ask all of you if you ever had am issue with the tv not powering on? I do not see any red leds blinking X amount of times, I see nothing. I may have had a surge in my house. I took off the back and looked around and not noticing anything out of the ordinary except for some crappy soldering job on the back of the psb. It is by the long metal shelf/ beam looking thing and am not sure if maybe something made those solder points look wonky or the people at Panasonic warehouse just did a crappy job

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Did you trip a breaker? Is it plugged in? Sorry for starting out simple, but it usually solves a lot of problems. Unplug the TV and check for power at the end of the power cord. It's amazing the amount of crappy solder joints that inhabit consumer & professional electronics. Depending on the content of the solder, it melts around 400*-700*. If competent with an iron, you could reflow the joint. Try the power button on the side of the TV. Dead batteries in the remote?

Start with these. We'll go from there. Good luck!

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra X2 (BIG BADA BOOM); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
Old 04-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Did you trip a breaker? Is it plugged in? Sorry for starting out simple, but it usually solves a lot of problems. Unplug the TV and check for power at the end of the power cord. It's amazing the amount of crappy solder joints that inhabit consumer & professional electronics. Depending on the content of the solder, it melts around 400*-700*. If competent with an iron, you could reflow the joint. Try the power button on the side of the TV. Dead batteries in the remote?

Hey Mongo,
The breaker was tripped and I flipped it back on, it is plugged in. Yea I may possibly look into soldering, I am just wondering if anyone ever had this problem where the TV is plugged in and no lights, used both a remote and the physical buttons and the TV wont go on
Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Hey Mongo,
The breaker was tripped and I flipped it back on, it is plugged in. Yea I may possibly look into soldering, I am just wondering if anyone ever had this problem where the TV is plugged in and no lights, used both a remote and the physical buttons and the TV wont go on
More than likely the power supply. Might give Panasonic a call and see if they can help you troubleshoot the problem.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 75
Don't check in very often anymore. Have you found "relief" for your issue?

Paraphrasing from the service manual and adding a bit of my own to the flow diagram you need to:

1. Unplug unit and verify line voltage in your outlet
2. Verify functionality of the cord set and make sure all the connectors on the P-board are fully seated.
3. Plug in TV (don't turn on) and listen for relay to click

If 3 is YES
4. Unplug the TV. Place your volt- meter on pin 1 of connector P6. Plug in the TV and press the power switch and look for 2 - 3 volts when the power button is pressed. If OK, then replace the P-board

If 3 is NO
5. Unplug TV, Place your volt- meter on pin 6 of connector P6. Plug in the TV (do not push power button) and look for 5 volts. If not OK, then replace the P- board.

There is further diagnosis for the the A-board and K-board if the above testing indicates the P-board is OK but I won't go there now until you provide some recent feedback.

Also note that a power surge could have damaged more than a single board.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The very loud buzzing just started. I turned down brightness and contrast and it is better for now, but does someone have anything that can help so I don't have to keep the screen dark?
Old 05-30-2015, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by 413X3 View Post
The very loud buzzing just started. I turned down brightness and contrast and it is better for now, but does someone have anything that can help so I don't have to keep the screen dark?
It was a common problem on the '30 series for the boards to come loose, not so much on the '50 series but there have been reports. I took the cover off my ST30 and found a few loose screws and after tightening it was much better.
413X3 likes this.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Look on youtube for the screw tightening fix.
413X3 likes this.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I turned brightness down to 0 and no more buzzing. The 65" is too heavy for me to think about taking it down and opening it up, thankfully the buzzing is gone so far.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Quote:
I turned brightness down to 0 and no more buzzing. The 65" is too heavy for me to think about taking it down and opening it up, thankfully the buzzing is gone so far.

That must be awfully dark to watch it @ 0 brightness. Hopefully it fixes it self, I remember a while back a member vacuum the area where the buzz was coming from and it went away, try that when the tv is off & cool, good luck.

TV's - Panasonic 55ST60 , Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
Old 06-05-2015, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I've also heard of a video on YouTube that shows which board to tighten down.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 75
Still having an issue or have you remedied the situation ?

As mentioned, loose screws and loose boards can vibrate. Loose components on boards can vibrate.

The source all these vibrations is ultimately magnetostrsiction in the iron core of an inductor on one of the circuit boards.

Out of the blue, my set buzzed loudly for about an hour a few years ago. As quickly as it started ... it stopped and has not done it again since then. Clearly this was not from loose screws.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have a 60"GT50 that the boards failed and want to get rid of their set? I just cracked my screen 😠
Old 06-22-2015, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Bummer. Hope you can find a new screen.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollagi View Post
Still having an issue or have you remedied the situation ?

As mentioned, loose screws and loose boards can vibrate. Loose components on boards can vibrate.

The source all these vibrations is ultimately magnetostrsiction in the iron core of an inductor on one of the circuit boards.

Out of the blue, my set buzzed loudly for about an hour a few years ago. As quickly as it started ... it stopped and has not done it again since then. Clearly this was not from loose screws.
I had bad buzzing issues on my 55". I called best buy to have geek squad look at it. They mentioned buzzing being in a Panasonic bulletin about the TV. They shipped a new set of screws from Panasonic to my house. Geek squad came by a few days later opened up the TV and replaced the screws on a few boards. Put it back together and the buzzing was gone. Going on 3 or 4 months since it was repaired and buzzing is still not back.
whipit likes this.
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Whew, I had no power to the TV and my heart sank. The power strip went bad. Just goes to show, don't freak out, it might not be what you think.

Old Today, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had to replace my 60"GT50 due Toa cracked screen and now have a hulking shell of spare parts. If anyone in SoCal area is interested let me know, I'm in San Diego.

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv