Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 329 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #9841 of 9850 Old 03-28-2015, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Ugh, my GT50 isn't showing any wireless routers when scanning. Ideas? I've had it connected since day one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9842 of 9850 Old 03-28-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by size14d View Post
Ugh, my GT50 isn't showing any wireless routers when scanning. Ideas? I've had it connected since day one.

I would reset the modem, the router and the TV. See if that works.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
post #9843 of 9850 Old 03-28-2015, 05:41 PM

It doesn't see any of the 20 routers in my subdivision.

post #9844 of 9850 Old 03-28-2015, 05:42 PM

How do you reset the TV? Menu?

post #9845 of 9850 Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Reset fixed it! Thanks!

post #9846 of 9850 Old 03-29-2015, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by size14d View Post
Reset fixed it! Thanks!

Nice!
post #9847 of 9850 Old 04-06-2015, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wanted to ask all of you if you ever had am issue with the tv not powering on? I do not see any red leds blinking X amount of times, I see nothing. I may have had a surge in my house. I took off the back and looked around and not noticing anything out of the ordinary except for some crappy soldering job on the back of the psb. It is by the long metal shelf/ beam looking thing and am not sure if maybe something made those solder points look wonky or the people at Panasonic warehouse just did a crappy job

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
post #9848 of 9850 Old 04-07-2015, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
I wanted to ask all of you if you ever had am issue with the tv not powering on? I do not see any red leds blinking X amount of times, I see nothing. I may have had a surge in my house. I took off the back and looked around and not noticing anything out of the ordinary except for some crappy soldering job on the back of the psb. It is by the long metal shelf/ beam looking thing and am not sure if maybe something made those solder points look wonky or the people at Panasonic warehouse just did a crappy job

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Did you trip a breaker? Is it plugged in? Sorry for starting out simple, but it usually solves a lot of problems. Unplug the TV and check for power at the end of the power cord. It's amazing the amount of crappy solder joints that inhabit consumer & professional electronics. Depending on the content of the solder, it melts around 400*-700*. If competent with an iron, you could reflow the joint. Try the power button on the side of the TV. Dead batteries in the remote?

Start with these. We'll go from there. Good luck!

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Corbin Dallas, "The Fifth Element"

Klipsch Chorus II (Mains); Klipsch Academy (Center) (KLF-C7 waiting in the wings); Klipsch RS-62 II (Surrounds); SVS PC13-Ultra (Big Bada Boom); ATI AT1505 (Amp); OPPO BDP-105 (Blu-ray Player); Panasonic 60GT50 (Plasma TV)
post #9849 of 9850 Old 04-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Did you trip a breaker? Is it plugged in? Sorry for starting out simple, but it usually solves a lot of problems. Unplug the TV and check for power at the end of the power cord. It's amazing the amount of crappy solder joints that inhabit consumer & professional electronics. Depending on the content of the solder, it melts around 400*-700*. If competent with an iron, you could reflow the joint. Try the power button on the side of the TV. Dead batteries in the remote?

Hey Mongo,
The breaker was tripped and I flipped it back on, it is plugged in. Yea I may possibly look into soldering, I am just wondering if anyone ever had this problem where the TV is plugged in and no lights, used both a remote and the physical buttons and the TV wont go on
post #9850 of 9850 Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGsMiLeSKyLe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post

Hey Mongo,
The breaker was tripped and I flipped it back on, it is plugged in. Yea I may possibly look into soldering, I am just wondering if anyone ever had this problem where the TV is plugged in and no lights, used both a remote and the physical buttons and the TV wont go on
More than likely the power supply. Might give Panasonic a call and see if they can help you troubleshoot the problem.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page