Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 330 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #9871 of 9877 Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Enjoyed Mad Max Fury road this weekend, this scene looks fantastic on the GT50 Played using HTPC w/ MPC/Madvr. Picture doesn't do justice, it looked so much better in person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	838578

Edit: don't know why it's upside down, sorry.

TV's - Panasonic 55ST60 , Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9877 Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Buzzing/Hum issue isolated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I've had the buzzing issue with my 60GT50 pretty much since it was new. A tech from Panasonic came out 2-3 times and changed the screws and tightened them with no luck. Now the buzzing cycles in loudness which is driving me crazy. I called Panasonic customer service awhile back and they said it was out of warranty so there was nothing they could do. I told them that the buzzing issue started well within the warranty but they didn't care. The 60GT50 will be the last product I'll ever buy from Panasonic. I was thinking of adding some type of sound deadening material on the wall directly behind the panel as it's mounted on the wall. Has anyone tried this or heard of anyone trying it?
After further troubleshooting I found the loud buzzing/hum that cycles on and off that gets louder when the screen has bright images is coming from my two Rythmik F12SE subs. The subs are placed on either side of my rack right below my 60GT50 so it seemed as if the hum was coming from the plasma. But when I unplugged both subs the hum was silenced. The F12SEs have torodial transformers which are noisy due to possibly getting DC offset from the plasma. If I plug the subs or the plasma into a different circuit the hum stops. It was great to finally isolate what was causing the loud and very noticeable hum .

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk 1801-TLs, Salk 1801b center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #9873 of 9877 Old 07-22-2015, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
After further troubleshooting I found the loud buzzing/hum that cycles on and off that gets louder when the screen has bright images is coming from my two Rythmik F12SE subs. The subs are placed on either side of my rack right below my 60GT50 so it seemed as if the hum was coming from the plasma. But when I unplugged both subs the hum was silenced. The F12SEs have torodial transformers which are noisy due to possibly getting DC offset from the plasma. If I plug the subs or the plasma into a different circuit the hum stops. It was great to finally isolate what was causing the loud and very noticeable hum .

Bill

Excellent!!!

TV's - Panasonic 55ST60 , Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
post #9874 of 9877 Old 07-23-2015, 04:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
Excellent!!!
Thanks ! I hope it would be this easy for all owners of Panasonic plasmas that have the buzzing issue.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Rogue Audio Perseus Magnum, Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk 1801-TLs, Salk 1801b center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #9875 of 9877 Old 07-23-2015, 07:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

Bill
Glad you sorted it.

I have the same combination (GT50 and single F12SE). I've never had the buzzing problem though, possibly because I have my main system, consisting of:
  • TX-P50GT50B - primary monitor
  • Samsung LED display - secondary monitor
  • Dual HDMI output AVR
  • BDP
  • DVD player
... plugged into a professional class 1.5 kVA isolation transformer, placed between the Rythmik F12SE mains input.

That's a viable alternative for those who don't have the option of a different mains circuit.

Last edited by Iain-; 07-24-2015 at 07:00 AM. Reason: typo
post #9876 of 9877 Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileandWave View Post
Hi,

Saw this post from a few years ago. First picture I've seen that's exactly the same as the issue I have on my 60ST50 - wider black band, a few floating pixels in it. Unfortunately, I've had mine for two years as well. If you remember, was there a proposed fix for yours? Or was it just a goner?
Sorry, obviously this is a really late reply but in case you're still wondering, mine was a goner. The authorized service rep came and diagnosed it and his repair quote, including parts, exceeded the cost of the TV so it was replaced under (store's extended) warranty. Knock on wood, my 65GT50 is holding up pretty good so far.
post #9877 of 9877 Old Today, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I see references in this thread to the buzzing issue. I had this issue on my 65vt30

I bought the protection plan from Best Buy. They have outsourced the repair to another repair company. I had the buzzing and arcing in the top left corner of the tv when looking at the back.

The repair company picked up the tv and just replaced the screws and said there was no more buzzing. They didn't check for the arcing before doing the repair. I explained that I felt the board should be replaced where it was arcing as I can't imagine arcing to be good for the board. They then replaced the SC Board to satisfy me.

After reading some of the posts though in this forum and other threads, I am questioning if this is the correct board to replace. I could see the arcing in the upper most left vent looking in the back of the tv. Can anybody confirm if this is correct? Also should I be pushing for the other boards to be replaced too after this issue as I read that this issue could cause other boards to go bad?

The repair company just seems to consider a TV repaired if it powers back on and works again where my concern is that these parts have been damaged from their arcing, I get the TV back, and 6 months later the tv dies on me due to this issue and I am now out of warranty. I would of thought some diagnostics or tests should be done to confirm the boards are not damaged or something.

Just wondering if anybody has advice who has experienced this issue on their TV as I know it has existed on a lot of other models.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com