Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 331 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #9901 of 9909 Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know that the video lag rating is on the P60GT50?

On a related question; what about Panasonics BTT490 receiver which was often sold with this TV?
How much lag does running the signal through that receiver add to something like an Xbox One?

Or for that matter has anyone ever tested this TV (and this receiver also if anyone knows) to find out what the best settings are to reduce the most possible lag for things like playing multiplayer online games like the Call of Duty series, Halo series, etc. on the Xbox One?

~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 9909 Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy View Post

On a related question; what about Panasonics BTT490 receiver which was often sold with this TV?
How much lag does running the signal through that receiver add to something like an Xbox One?

Or for that matter has anyone ever tested this TV (and this receiver also if anyone knows) to find out what the best settings are to reduce the most possible lag for things like playing multiplayer online games like the Call of Duty series, Halo series, etc. on the Xbox One?

~
I play my PS4 on my ZT60 and notice a serious increase in response time when I turn the Game Mode to On. With Game Mode turned on the response time is about 40ms. With it off they said it was in the 60's. Try it out and see if you can notice a difference.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #9903 of 9909 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

~
It's been tested at 24-30ms in game mode by flatpanelshd and and hdtvtest
post #9904 of 9909 Old Yesterday, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I play my PS4 on my ZT60 and notice a serious increase in response time when I turn the Game Mode to On. With Game Mode turned on the response time is about 40ms. With it off they said it was in the 60's. Try it out and see if you can notice a difference.
You see an INCREASE when you turn the Game mode ON?!?

~
post #9905 of 9909 Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

OK here is a question about the P60GT50 TV's Audio Return Channel (ARC).

When we first got our XBox one and plugged it direct into the TV's HDMI-1 port, and had the audio feeding back to our Panasonic BTT490 receiver through the ARC cable connected between the TV's HDMI-2 (ARC) and the HDMI OUT (ARC) on the Receiver we discovered we could NOT get 7.1 Surround sound. But if we plugged the Xbox One direct into the Receiver on HDMI-2 IN we do get the full 7.1 surround sound.

Is it the TV that is not passing the 7.1 back to the Receiver through the ARC channel,
- or is it specific to the XBox One that it's not recognizing that the TV supports 7.1 ....?

ie. .... Has anyone else connected anything else to the TV's HDMI-1, 3, or 4 port with a cable from the HDMI-2 (ARC) channel back to a receivers HDMI ARC port and been able to get 7.1 surround sound after having gone through the TV?

~
post #9906 of 9909 Old Today, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Look into ARC. Limited bandwidth iirc. You may not be able to get anything better than 2 channel pcm or lossy multichannel ac3 signal.
post #9907 of 9909 Old Today, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
ie. .... Has anyone else connected anything else to the TV's HDMI-1, 3, or 4 port with a cable from the HDMI-2 (ARC) channel back to a receivers HDMI ARC port and been able to get 7.1 surround sound after having gone through the TV?
I thought the way it worked was you could only get full audio if it originated with the TV. Like by using the built-in apps.

Otherwise anything talking to the TV would convert to 2.0 (since that's all the TV can play).
post #9908 of 9909 Old Today, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
You see an INCREASE when you turn the Game mode ON?!?

~
Ok what I mean is that when you turn the Game Mode On the game/tv performs a lot faster. You wont notice any lag.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #9909 of 9909 Old Today, 01:15 PM

Since we're going to have to go through the Receiver first with the XBox and since we do not use any of the apps on the TV nor have any other reason that we'd actually need the ARC channel returning audio from the TV back to the receiver, is there any difference in speed between the TV's ARC port and any of the other ports such as HDMI-1 ... ?

Ie. does having the receiver plugged into the HDMI-2 (ARC) IN port add any extra video lag due to the extra circuitry associated with that port or because the TV is always sending a signal back through the cable possibly taking up some of the available bandwidth even when it's not actually needed for audio purposes?

For that matter is any of the ports any faster than any of the others?
Our old Panasonic had a port marked specifically for GAME but this one doesn't. I'd almost be surprised if none of the true videophile guru's on the forums had never tested all 4 of the TV's ports to see if any of them might be any faster than any of the others for whatever reason.

~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread