Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 37 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1081 of 9851 Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Advanced Member
 
kevin_mahaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid81 View Post

Hmm...possibly. Although since I have never seen it before I could not vouch that it is DSE for sure. Which leads me to think of a couple of newer questions: How common is DSE on plasmas? And how bad is real bad? and finally, what if I decide to exchange it, is there any guarantee I won't get a worse set? and lastly, would upgrading to the VT50 be any help, better quality control etc? Thank you guys for the help

It's always a crap-shoot whether you'll get a replacement that is better or worse than the one you have. One thing is for sure, though: if you're not happy with it, return it. As far as upgrading to the VT50, mine has slight DSE (most people probably wouldn't even notice it, but I'm very sensitive to it), so again, it's a crap-shoot--some have it worse than others.
kevin_mahaney is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1082 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 AM
Member
 
Rashid81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks! Will keep you guys posted on what I decide
Rashid81 is offline  
post #1083 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Member
 
scheckeNYK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid81 View Post

Hello all,
I apologize if this has been discussed previously. I just bought a P65GT50 from Amazon - did not run the slides, as will get calibrated down the road.

This doesn't really address your post, but I keyed in on a particular comment that I am a little confused about in general. Hoping the forum as a whole can help me out.

I was under the impression that the slides were used to break-in/mature the panel. So that the pixels age at an even rate during their early stages leading to better performance down the line. Then I thought calibration was all about getting the optimum picture quality by tweaking the settings. The purpose of each of these tasks (break-in & Calibration) seem mutually exclusive, but your post seems to indicate otherwise.

Can anyone explain what, if any, the relationship between break-in and calibration is? If one elects not to break-in and start seeing IR or burn in, can that actually be wiped away with a proper calibration? Thanks so much for the continued feedback and education!
scheckeNYK is offline  
post #1084 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by scheckeNYK View Post

This doesn't really address your post, but I keyed in on a particular comment that I am a little confused about in general. Hoping the forum as a whole can help me out.

I was under the impression that the slides were used to break-in/mature the panel. So that the pixels age at an even rate during their early stages leading to better performance down the line. Then I thought calibration was all about getting the optimum picture quality by tweaking the settings. The purpose of each of these tasks (break-in & Calibration) seem mutually exclusive, but your post seems to indicate otherwise.

Can anyone explain what, if any, the relationship between break-in and calibration is? If one elects not to break-in and start seeing IR or burn in, can that actually be wiped away with a proper calibration? Thanks so much for the continued feedback and education!

The only purpose the slides serve is to age the pixels and to bring your set closer to the state in which D-Nice's panel was in when he calibrated his set. During the passage of time some things may change requiring tweaking, such as pushing more red etc. The first 100 hours of running slides will produce some changes in that perspective but it doesn't mean that as time passes the tv won't need additional tweaks.

Running slides does not prevent IR nor does it fix dead pixels.

Calibration does not remove IR. IR will go away by viewing a variety of programming. Under normal viewing habit, most IR on these sets cannot be seen, if it is even there at all. Some people go looking for it by viewing slides or an all white screen, don't do that and you won't have a problem. Don't leave the image paused for more than a day either.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1085 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid81 View Post

Hello all,

Now the troubling bit. I have become acutely aware of a white line approx 6 inches from the right edge (when viewed normally) that becomes all the more apparent with a white background when the camera pans towards the right, eg with NHL, Frozen planet and the like. Seen it with SD, HD and blu ray content. I tried to troubleshoot, tightened up all the links, hooked up different paraphernalia, yet still there. Now my wife sees it too.

I have never returned a TV before in my life, however this one is making me unhappy My question is whether anyone else has experienced this? if this is a recurring Panny problem? and finally whether there is a chance it may go away by itself with more hrs? Thanks much.

How wide and how bright is the line?

sheshechic is offline  
post #1086 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Well, BB is as clueless as ever. After a call to my local store they don't know why the 65GT50 is not listed on their website while the 65ST50 and 65VT50 are, nor whether they will be selling them at all. Is it any wonder people flock to online vendors?

I live too far out in the boonies to buy online, its impossible to have home delivery up the mountain road I live on. I guess I am now waiting for Sears.

Nethawk is offline  
post #1087 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Member
 
mrw1zard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the same boat as Nethawk.
Any idea when BB will have the GT50 in stores?
My local (and by local I mean about 5 surrounding zip codes) all have said ship to store for the past month it seems. All sizes of the GT50. I'd really like to see them before pulling the trigger.
BB is the only retailer in my area that has the GT50 series. HHGregg does not, and from what I've seen Sears doesn't - please correct me if I am wrong.
mrw1zard is offline  
post #1088 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Senior Member
 
TIME2PLAYDAGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
^^ I guess it depends where you live. I'm in Bronx, Ny and one of the 2 BB's near me had a Magnolia room with the 55GT50 on display. They said they also had the 60" in stock. Out in the showroom displaying 3D was the ST50. They didn't know when they would be getting in the VT50.
TIME2PLAYDAGAME is offline  
post #1089 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Member
 
DanBook Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
i was just in BB and i took a peek at the GT50 and VT50.

The GT was off so i turned it on. It displayed an error message citing that the source material was off and there was no signal.

I didn't think anything of it until i noticed that there was some burn in. The text from the box had burned in in a few places. The box is designed to move around the screen so i'm a little surprised.


Has anyone noticed any burn in with theirs? This could be a problem with my gaming habits
DanBook Pro is offline  
post #1090 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Member
 
isawdrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBook Pro View Post

i was just in BB and i took a peek at the GT50 and VT50.

The GT was off so i turned it on. It displayed an error message citing that the source material was off and there was no signal.

I didn't think anything of it until i noticed that there was some burn in. The text from the box had burned in in a few places. The box is designed to move around the screen so i'm a little surprised.

Has anyone noticed any burn in with theirs? This could be a problem with my gaming habits

I have not noticed any IR on my gt50. This is after many hours of BF3 and various static images such as Firefox on my computer.
isawdrones is offline  
post #1091 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Member
 
lennyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have seen the 55gt50 and 65vt50 set up at Best Buys in the Boston area. Try giving your local stores a call to see what they have set up in the Magnolia area, before making the trip.

I'm also curious about the 65gt50 and if it is available. Best Buy pricing seems pretty bad on the 65" models right now. I know when I was looking for a set a while back you could go through Bountii and and see the Samsung 64" on the Best Buy website but a direct search or model entry would not find it.
lennyp is online now  
post #1092 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Member
 
threephi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid81 View Post

Hello all,
I apologize if this has been discussed previously. I just bought a P65GT50 from Amazon - did not run the slides, as will get calibrated down the road. The PQ is everything that has been said here, and then some. I am extremely pleased with the purchase, and wowing friends on a routine basis. I run it on THX Cinema exclusively, and the set has about 30 hrs on it.

Now the troubling bit. I have become acutely aware of a white line approx 6 inches from the right edge (when viewed normally) that becomes all the more apparent with a white background when the camera pans towards the right, eg with NHL, Frozen planet and the like. Seen it with SD, HD and blu ray content. I tried to troubleshoot, tightened up all the links, hooked up different paraphernalia, yet still there. Now my wife sees it too.

I have never returned a TV before in my life, however this one is making me unhappy My question is whether anyone else has experienced this? if this is a recurring Panny problem? and finally whether there is a chance it may go away by itself with more hrs? Thanks much.

My 50" GT50, which I've had for about three weeks, has what may be a similar issue--there's a vertical band about eight inches off the left edge that is slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. The line of demarcation is fairly sharp too. At first I thought it might be due to early asymmetric pixel aging or IR, but the band does not correspond to a letterbox margin, and with now close to 300 hours on the set, the defect hasn't lessened at all while other IR has come and gone.

Here's two pictures that I hope illustrate this issue. I used a green slide because IMO it shows the band most prominently, but it is visible in all primaries and whites as well. It occurs under all inputs and viewing modes.

The first image is the original iphone snapshot (altered only by me adding the arrow, and photobucket reducing the size). I should mention again that it is only a small difference, but under the right conditions can be distracting during normal viewing. To my eye, the defect is actually a little bit more noticeable on the actual set than in this image.


Below is the same image with the levels manipulated in GIMP to show the vertical bar more clearly. (The top-to-bottom differences seen here are caused by unrelated factors and can be disregarded. The camera was only about three feet from the screen so the overall gradation is due to the pixel grid being viewed over a range of angles. And the smaller and more localized differences are transient minor IR that I am not concerned about.)

I have been letting some time pass to see how much this little issue bothers me, but at this point it seems clear it's here to stay and I'm considering contacting Panasonic. Can anyone speak to how common this kind of issue is, and whether it is considered a defect?

The other flaw I have been struggling with is line bleed. Noone seems to discuss this much, and granted it isn't noticeable very often, but when it is, it can absolutely ruin the image IMO.

I bought this set because of the spectacular color and contrast, and those qualities do not disappoint, but I have to say, I am a bit heartbroken that the few small flaws that are there detract so significantly from my enjoyment of what is otherwise a truly excellent TV.

This set is my first experience with a plasma screen so I'm still trying to figure out how much of what I'm taking issue with is considered "normal" for the technology, and how much rises to the level of defect.
threephi is offline  
post #1093 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Member
 
sandman55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This past weekend I was able to compare a Samsung E7000 and a GT50 in my living room. I bought the Samsung a week ago and was concerned about the highly reflective screen. A week later I bought the Panasonic but held on to the Samsung until I could decide, always knowing that Amazon would get back the loser.
After many tests, my family and I gave the Samsung E7000 the blue ribbon. The picture was much sharper and clearer. You could also see a difference in graphics, much crisper on the 7000. The GT50 had very good color but a slightly softer, more matted look. And for those who mention the built in speakers, the Samsung had much better sound.
So the GT50 goes back this week and I will pull the shades more and enjoy my E7000.
The Panasonic does have a slight advantage when it comes to reflection, but not enough to save it. And also, the 3D on the Panasonic was broken so I really didn't feel guilty returning it.
sandman55 is offline  
post #1094 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
^^

I did call my local store. Totally clueless. She also stated that she has no SKU in the system for the 65GT50.

Nethawk is offline  
post #1095 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Member
 
DanBook Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawdrones View Post

I have not noticed any IR on my gt50. This is after many hours of BF3 and various static images such as Firefox on my computer.

BF3 is exactly what this will be used for and I'm happy to hear this
DanBook Pro is offline  
post #1096 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Well, BB is as clueless as ever. After a call to my local store they don't know why the 65GT50 is not listed on their website while the 65ST50 and 65VT50 are, nor whether they will be selling them at all. Is it any wonder people flock to online vendors?

I live too far out in the boonies to buy online, its impossible to have home delivery up the mountain road I live on. I guess I am now waiting for Sears.

Have you tried Amazon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw1zard View Post

I'm in the same boat as Nethawk.
Any idea when BB will have the GT50 in stores?
My local (and by local I mean about 5 surrounding zip codes) all have said ship to store for the past month it seems. All sizes of the GT50. I'd really like to see them before pulling the trigger.
BB is the only retailer in my area that has the GT50 series. HHGregg does not, and from what I've seen Sears doesn't - please correct me if I am wrong.

HHGregg won't have any pannys this year, call them and complain.

I believe that Sears will have the ST & VT this year but when and what sizes is the question and I'm not so sure about the GT either. It's still early though.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1097 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBook Pro View Post

i was just in BB and i took a peek at the GT50 and VT50.

The GT was off so i turned it on. It displayed an error message citing that the source material was off and there was no signal.

I didn't think anything of it until i noticed that there was some burn in. The text from the box had burned in in a few places. The box is designed to move around the screen so i'm a little surprised.


Has anyone noticed any burn in with theirs? This could be a problem with my gaming habits


If it were burn in then I believe you would have seen it before turning the set on. What you saw was IR and there is a big difference, IR will go away.

Also, those TVs are set to torch mode and don't get a very diverse programming diet.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1098 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawdrones View Post

I have not noticed any IR on my gt50. This is after many hours of BF3 and various static images such as Firefox on my computer.

Awesome! One attraction for me is the internet browser and the future possibilities it may bring.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1099 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Member
 
wesg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
On earlier pages [p28, by whipit, and p31 by Damiene] users commented that streaming content to their GT50 using the mezzmo application as a DLNA server was working well for them.

I'm attemping to stream recorded TV shows from WMC to a new GT50, I've installed mezzmo and the GT50 locates the dlna server without issue.

TV is connected to network by a wired gigabit connection. I can view the the content listings from the TV. However, when I select a program from that list, I get an error message that it can not recogonize the file. I tried the "Panasonic Viera (2011)" and "Panasonic Viera" media profiles both with the same result. Tried to run with real time transcoding and with the content pre-transcoded to h264-ac3.

I'm running mezzmo v 2.5.0 on a windows 7 64 bit machine. (Corei7)

Any advice from those that have had success?

Much appreciated.
wesg is offline  
post #1100 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by threephi View Post

My 50" GT50, which I've had for about three weeks, has what may be a similar issue--there's a vertical band about eight inches off the left edge that is slightly brighter than the rest of the screen. The line of demarcation is fairly sharp too. At first I thought it might be due to early asymmetric pixel aging or IR, but the band does not correspond to a letterbox margin, and with now close to 300 hours on the set, the defect hasn't lessened at all while other IR has come and gone.

Here's two pictures that I hope illustrate this issue. I used a green slide because IMO it shows the band most prominently, but it is visible in all primaries and whites as well. It occurs under all inputs and viewing modes.

The first image is the original iphone snapshot (altered only by me adding the arrow, and photobucket reducing the size). I should mention again that it is only a small difference, but under the right conditions can be distracting during normal viewing. To my eye, the defect is actually a little bit more noticeable on the actual set than in this image.


Below is the same image with the levels manipulated in GIMP to show the vertical bar more clearly. (The top-to-bottom differences seen here are caused by unrelated factors and can be disregarded. The camera was only about three feet from the screen so the overall gradation is due to the pixel grid being viewed over a range of angles. And the smaller and more localized differences are transient minor IR that I am not concerned about.)

I have been letting some time pass to see how much this little issue bothers me, but at this point it seems clear it's here to stay and I'm considering contacting Panasonic. Can anyone speak to how common this kind of issue is, and whether it is considered a defect?

The other flaw I have been struggling with is line bleed. Noone seems to discuss this much, and granted it isn't noticeable very often, but when it is, it can absolutely ruin the image IMO.

I bought this set because of the spectacular color and contrast, and those qualities do not disappoint, but I have to say, I am a bit heartbroken that the few small flaws that are there detract so significantly from my enjoyment of what is otherwise a truly excellent TV.

This set is my first experience with a plasma screen so I'm still trying to figure out how much of what I'm taking issue with is considered "normal" for the technology, and how much rises to the level of defect.

Over the past year or so, I've seen this reported on several models. There was some speculation whether it might be a shadow of an internal bar or some sort of hardware. I think I saw one report of it becoming less obvious but I'm not confident with my recollection. Maybe someone else has a better memory? I don't believe it was a "problem" with all sets.

My 55" doesn't have it. I have the 60" coming in soon and if it does have that then it will be exchanged.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1101 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post


Have you tried Amazon?

Did you read my post?

Nethawk is offline  
post #1102 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Did you read my post?

I read the one post of yours that I quoted. I suppose that means I missed your post regarding Amazon? Forgive me for missing it.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1103 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post


I read the one post of yours that I quoted. I suppose that means I missed your post regarding Amazon? Forgive me for missing it.

Then you missed the part about it being impossible for me to buy this online.

Nethawk is offline  
post #1104 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Then you missed the part about it being impossible for me to buy this online.

No I just didn't assume that you were completely thorough. The question I asked was specific.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1105 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nethawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 2,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post


No I just didn't assume that you were completely thorough. The question I asked was specific.

You even quoted what I said, which was very specific.

Nevermind. Amazon is out for me.

Nethawk is offline  
post #1106 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sepen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I have also been to Sears, not one single plasma on display, all I saw was Sharp lcd, and not even the newer 847's, and have been to BB (many empty spots in the Magnolia section, not one single VT-ST or GT 50's on display, and again no 847 Sharps. No wonder they are in a world of stink. And yes, I would purchase at Amazon but I would at least like to see it in person before ordering. Good luck finding one locally Nethawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Then you missed the part about it being impossible for me to buy this online.

Sepen is offline  
post #1107 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sepen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Send an email to Mezzmo, they may have to make something specific for you or at the least have you email a log to them(very easy to do). They are very fast at answering and figuring things out. Top notch service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesg View Post

On earlier pages [p28, by whipit, and p31 by Damiene] users commented that streaming content to their GT50 using the mezzmo application as a DLNA server was working well for them.

I'm attemping to stream recorded TV shows from WMC to a new GT50, I've installed mezzmo and the GT50 locates the dlna server without issue.

TV is connected to network by a wired gigabit connection. I can view the the content listings from the TV. However, when I select a program from that list, I get an error message that it can not recogonize the file. I tried the "Panasonic Viera (2011)" and "Panasonic Viera" media profiles both with the same result. Tried to run with real time transcoding and with the content pre-transcoded to h264-ac3.

I'm running mezzmo v 2.5.0 on a windows 7 64 bit machine. (Corei7)

Any advice from those that have had success?

Much appreciated.

Sepen is offline  
post #1108 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
weedeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Today is the first day I've seen Amazon apply their 10% discount to the 65GT60. It seems to me that this happens when they have stock in hand and ready to ship.
weedeater is offline  
post #1109 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,871
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

Did you read my post?

"My home is so remote that no one will do delivery."

A few more words, but much less effort than you expended being difficult about someone trying to help.
htwaits is offline  
post #1110 of 9851 Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Newbie
 
botnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone know how I can simulate the "THX Bright Room" settings, using "custom"?

In short, i'd like to turn on motion smoothing but the "THX Bright Room" has it disabled, so I want to define custom settings that match.
botnet is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off