Official Panasonic GT50 Series Discussion Thread [No Street Price Talk] - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
55GT50 taken during the day. TV was almost 3 weeks old. The actual view was really breathtaking. Sorry but it was really hard to capture the detail that I was seeing. I need a class on how to use my camera. The signal is Charter HD VOD.
LL
LL

sheshechic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
BTW, all of those images were paused for a reasonably long time and no IR resulted.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1263 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

I think you're biased and highly susceptible to Samsung's hype. The video was not unbiased and why should it be? It was sales hype for their employees, to teach them how to promote active shutter. I found it to be equally stupid and insulting. I thought that their argument regarding the lines in a passive panel was ridiculous considering that current filters have louvers. It just doesn't matter.

Either way, those are last year's videos. Although active shutter has improved, it has not eliminated any of the negative aspects. And viewing angle is not as bad as you and Samsung would like people to believe. Samsung's argument was that there's a problem if you want to lie down. lol Okay. That's like saying don't stand up while watching louvered panels because it will darken.

Personally, I tend to believe tech reviews from independent sources before manufacturers, and with this tech, reviews where 3D evaluation was the main purpose, as well as owner reviews carry much more weight with me. With that said, I find the following for a Sept 2011 piece interesting: "To begin with, active 3D glasses are uncomfortable, cumbersome, and heavy — up to 2.2 ounces (62 grams) in the case of Sony’s active glasses, compared to 0.5 ounces (14 grams) for passive glasses. Active glasses and TV sets also provide incredibly poor viewing angles: unless you are sitting within a few degrees of center and with almost zero horizontal (head) tilt, the contrast, brightness, and image quality plummet. Passive glasses (and TVs), in comparison, are excellent with any head tilt angle, and with most realistic (greater than 30-degrees-from-center) viewing angles." (For those who love charts one is included.)
http://www.extremetech.com/electroni...-passive-3d-tv

As I said, I will check off angle viewing of the passive for myself and I will check to ensure that it is the 3D that is the limitation and not the panel (as is often the problem with LCD).

I sound biased towards Samsung and give into their hype? RIIIIGGGGHT...I guess that's why I returned my Samsung 3DTV now own a Panny Plasma GT50 that only offers active shutter as every 3D plasma does, so yeah I gave into hype.

There's no point in going any further with you because you seem a bit ignorant to the fact and I'm not being insulting, I'm seeing that exactly from your post. I also like how you ignored my post about the fact that most every manufacturer uses Active Shutter. What benefit would they have to ignore passive if it was clearly the winner?
Samsung's video was spot on and was not a sales video. The louver filter has nothing to do with the discussion. The passive filter coupled with polarized glasses produces the 3D effect and the technology is limited.

I also like the fact that you conveniently ignored ALL other parts of the video and only quoted what you wanted to win your argument. The reason why Samsung brought up the issue of lying down is because LG made a point of it about the Active Shutter glasses turning dark when people lie down to watch TV.
Funny part is LG (as well as you) decided to hold back on mentioning the real truth that when you lie down on your side the passive glasses turn red and the 3D gets distorted to the point of being unusable.

This argument is becoming a waste of my time, just accept the fact that passive 3D is not the preferred technology and very few manufacturers care to implement it.
HLdan is online now  
post #1264 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I didn't mean to be insulting and if we were debating this face to face you wouldn't even think so. And I know you didn't mean to be insulting either.... I also noticed that you've ignored the facts I've posted. You also refuse to acknowledge that just because manufacturers prefer active shutter doesn't mean that the numbers support their claims nor does it mean that it is preferred by people. Corporations aren't people, ya know.

I don't think we need to discuss it further either.

sheshechic is offline  
post #1265 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Senior Member
 
weedeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

55GT50 taken during the day. TV was almost 3 weeks old. The actual view was really breathtaking. Sorry but it was really hard to capture the detail that I was seeing. I need a class on how to use my camera. The signal is Charter HD VOD.

What sort of camera?
weedeater is online now  
post #1266 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

What sort of camera?

Canon Power Shot Sx200is

sheshechic is offline  
post #1267 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
weedeater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Canon Power Shot Sx200is

I'm going to assume you have a tripod. Or very steady hands.

You could try setting it to Tv mode (shutter priority) and setting the shutter speed manually. I would start at 1/30 and work my way up. You should not have to freeze the picture, but there is a relationship between the frame rate and the shudder speed. I don't know for this TV how it scans (if it scans) and how fast, but you should see the results soon enough. (BTW: the TV may scan one way and the camera CCD another. You might see this as bands or blocks or stripes.)

Let the aperture set itself. If you get real close, switch to Macro mode. You might also need to use Manual focus if the camera gets confused with a changing image.

the colors may not match since the camera will be adjusting white balance.

If you want to show the bezel or other things, you might put a ruler in the picture for perspective.
weedeater is online now  
post #1268 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
You just don't know how grateful I am to you for your post. I do have a tripod but didn't use it for these pictures. My hands are not especially steady (for the love of coffee), the camera has anti-shake/image stabilization tech.

If I follow your advice with those settings help to prevent the camera from significantly changing the colors in the image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

I'm going to assume you have a tripod. Or very steady hands.

You could try setting it to Tv mode (shutter priority) and setting the shutter speed manually. I would start at 1/30 and work my way up. You should not have to freeze the picture, but there is a relationship between the frame rate and the shudder speed. I don't know for this TV how it scans (if it scans) and how fast, but you should see the results soon enough. (BTW: the TV may scan one way and the camera CCD another. You might see this as bands or blocks or stripes.)

Let the aperture set itself. If you get real close, switch to Macro mode. You might also need to use Manual focus if the camera gets confused with a changing image.

the colors may not match since the camera will be adjusting white balance.

If you want to show the bezel or other things, you might put a ruler in the picture for perspective.


sheshechic is offline  
post #1269 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,772
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post

I don't know for this TV how it scans ...

If you mean scan like CRT TV does (top to bottom & left to right) then the answer in no. My understanding is that each frame (1920 by 1080) loads all pixels to the screen simultaneously. As they used to say of Superman, "faster than a speeding bullet".

If the above observations prove to be wrong, I will deny that I posted them.
htwaits is online now  
post #1270 of 9787 Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,682
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

55GT50 taken during the day. TV was almost 3 weeks old. The actual view was really breathtaking. Sorry but it was really hard to capture the detail that I was seeing. I need a class on how to use my camera. The signal is Charter HD VOD.

Thanks for sharing your pics Sheshechic, we need more from all new owners showing their setups, well maybe that would be a new thread.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
Latinoheat is online now  
post #1271 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Member
 
xcloudx82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
hi all, how is PC gaming on this TV? is input lag noticeble? i had an ST30 and input lag didn't bother me...can i go with an GT50? thanks
xcloudx82 is offline  
post #1272 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,027
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post

Always good to dwell on the positive. My daughter started her summer Skyrim crusade last night (finished her final exams) - set the TV to game mode and no IR present after five hours of playing (not the best test but it does have a compass across the top of the screen).

The nice thing about image retention is it goes away
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #1273 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333 View Post

hi all,

I recently purchased the GT50 in exchange for my second buzzing sammy e8000. Coming from the e8000, I was a bit disappointed with the PQ of the GT50. Don't get me wrong, the set looks beautiful, but now having once seen the Samsung, this set lacks sharpness in comparison. The picture is very good but the samsung was really tack sharp, and actually amazing to look at.

Is there something that I am missing in the settings that can bring this set to a comparable level with the e8000 in this regard? I made sure that I am on the setting that is not zooming the image.

Although the buzzing is nowhere near as bad as the samsung was, I'm upset with the overall softness of the picture and was hoping with your help, I can do something about it.

Has anyone else switched from a Samsung E7000/8000 series to the GT50?
I am looking for opinions on overall PQ comparisons.
Chad's side by side comparison made no comment of fine detail being better on the E8000 over the GT50. And in fact when i asked him which TV he prefered for overall PQ he told me the GT50.

I am in the process of switching from a 51'' E8000 to a 55''GT50. I am waiting for prices to drop a bit on the 55GT50, but in the meantime this comment has me a little worried that i have made a bad decision. I did notice at the store the Samsungs seem to have a little more ''pop''. I thought it had more to do with color than anything. On the other hand the GT had much better black level performance. So that combined with the fact that my Samsung buzzed loudly, had 4 dead pixels and had fluctuating brightness issues while watching hockey, seemed like a good trade off. (Not to mention 4 more inches!)

Anyone else that has made the jump from Samsung to Panasonic please weigh in.
wattheF is offline  
post #1274 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wattheF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 125
I have read on other threads that the ST50 automatically introduces frame interpolation when fed a 24p signal, even if the motion processing option has been shut off. It said also that this has been confirmed (i'm assuming that means it has been tested by proffesionals). Has anyone else heard about this?

Does the GT50 do the same thing?

To be honest I am not even sure how much F.I. or motion proccessing bothers me, because i am so used to not having it. Now that i am used to the movement on plasma T.V.'s when i look at an LCD TV now, i sometimes notice how unnatural the movement can be. I think at this point if i could not shut it off the motion processing at least for movies it would bother me.
wattheF is offline  
post #1275 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Member
 
lennyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

Has anyone else switched from a Samsung E7000/8000 series to the GT50?
I am looking for opinions on overall PQ comparisons.

....

Anyone else that has made the jump from Samsung to Panasonic please weigh in.

I went 64E8000 ==> 60GT50. I would not have switched short of the noise issue. From my eye's perspective which is what counts to me, I prefer the Samsung's overall PQ in my room (I guess there seems to be a brightness/sharpness quality I like), but the GT is very close. I have mainly used Fios source set to native, but also have watched BD, some Vudu streaming on TV and PS3, and PS3 gaming. I have my Onkyo 809 set to passthru as all feeds go through it into HDMI2 (arc). As I've stated in other posts, they both have great PQ, but different and my preference right now is the Samsung for 2 and 3D. Maybe with more time on my GT50 and a good calibration session, the GT will excel. In any event, the GT50 is a keeper.
lennyp is offline  
post #1276 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattheF View Post

I have read on other threads that the ST50 automatically introduces frame interpolation when fed a 24p signal, even if the motion processing option has been shut off. It said also that this has been confirmed (i'm assuming that means it has been tested by proffesionals). Has anyone else heard about this?

Does the GT50 do the same thing?

To be honest I am not even sure how much F.I. or motion proccessing bothers me, because i am so used to not having it. Now that i am used to the movement on plasma T.V.'s when i look at an LCD TV now, i sometimes notice how unnatural the movement can be. I think at this point if i could not shut it off the motion processing at least for movies it would bother me.

SOE bothers me too. I believe the GT50 has a touch of motion processing (I can't support it with specs & I am not a tech), it is not enough to bother me and I believe it is whats making the image crisper. It may be that the amount is what sets the Samsung and Panasonic apart in picture quality. Samsung has much more undefeatable FI and is most likely the reason that some prefer the Samsung and say that the Panasonic "looks softer."

sheshechic is offline  
post #1277 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Newbie
 
beechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New 50" owner here (looks great, no smells, no buzzing). Are there any GT50 owners using DirecTV that have been able to find a remote control code that will work for this tv?

I've searched this thread and Google, no luck though, so hoping someone here who is smarter than me might've already figured it out. Thanks for any insights!
beechman is offline  
post #1278 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Ray**W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Assuming that you are using the DirecTV remote, try 10250 or 10650.

If they don't work, try the other Panny TV codes listed in your manual. Manufacturers generally use the same codes year over year.

If you have an HT system (TV, Receiver w/5.1 or 7.1 sound, DVD player, etc., etc. etc.) it might make some sense to look at a universal remote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechman View Post

New 50" owner here (looks great, no smells, no buzzing). Are there any GT50 owners using DirecTV that have been able to find a remote control code that will work for this tv?

I've searched this thread and Google, no luck though, so hoping someone here who is smarter than me might've already figured it out. Thanks for any insights!

Ray**W is offline  
post #1279 of 9787 Old 05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Newbie
 
beechman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray**W View Post

Assuming that you are using the DirecTV remote, try 10250 or 10650.

If they don't work, try the other Panny TV codes listed in your manual. Manufacturers generally use the same codes year over year.

Thank you, Ray, 10250 worked on the DirecTV remote, or at least powers the set on/off...I had been using all the codes in the manual, etc, but they didn't appear to be working (hence my query), but appears to have been my own user error. Thanks again.
beechman is offline  
post #1280 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Newbie
 
andrewwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi All

I had my 50 inch delivered on Wednesday. I saw the Amazon price drop and could not resist. Amazon delivery was very nice - they arrived right at the start of the delivery window - unboxed the set - set it up and tested it. The box was in perfect shape and there were no problems with the set.

For all of those reading all the bad experiences on this forum, I just wanted to say that my set has a great uniform picture (when set to thx cinema) it does not buzz, it does not smell. It does not tilt. I am very happy. My ex wife got the 9g Kuro in the divorce and I am not unhappy at all with this picture.

THe first Blu ray I watched was the Criterion edition of "a night to remember" Shades of detail in the black and white movie were amazing.

All I can say about the internal speakers is that they work. I was happy when I hooked it up to my home theater. I was disappointed that the Audio Return Channel or ARC on HDMI number 2 needs a modern receiver to work, but the digital output works great.
andrewwx is offline  
post #1281 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
PeterLewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
@ Andrew,

Your wife got the Kuro,that means you had a shoddy lawyer.J/K
PeterLewis is offline  
post #1282 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Member
 
EmptyWallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am currently deciding between the 65VT50 and the 65GT50.

I'm probably NOT going to ever have it calibrated. Just being honest. Besides that, do I gain anything going with the VT over the GT?

Is the bezel THAT much nicer on the VT? They both have THX Bright Room, correct?
EmptyWallet is offline  
post #1283 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Tempest261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 766
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyWallet View Post

I am currently deciding between the 65VT50 and the 65GT50.

I'm probably NOT going to ever have it calibrated. Just being honest. Besides that, do I gain anything going with the VT over the GT?

Is the bezel THAT much nicer on the VT? They both have THX Bright Room, correct?

Just had this talk in the VT50 thread

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

 

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned) Calibration and Settings Thread

 

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

 

Tempest261 is offline  
post #1284 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
 
ruiz00tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was just at BB today and the bezels on the GT and VT looked similar to me, the bottom bezel was slightly different but the top and sides looked the same. The ST bezel is totally different, looks even wider than my S1.

When comparing the GT and VT, I don't think the bezel is a factor since they are both slim and have the silver edge, like I said the bottom bezel is different but not in a bad way.
ruiz00tx is offline  
post #1285 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Member
 
EmptyWallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post

Just had this talk in the VT50 thread

If I'm reading right then. We're both down for the GT over the VT?
EmptyWallet is offline  
post #1286 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Senior Member
 
ruiz00tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had BB hold a 65VT50 for me today, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I think I am now in between a 65GT50 and 64E7000. $4k after tax just goes against my constitution I guess.
ruiz00tx is offline  
post #1287 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Senior Member
 
djPerfectTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Clovis, NM
Posts: 484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz00tx View Post

I had BB hold a 65VT50 for me today, but just couldn't pull the trigger. I think I am now in between a 65GT50 and 64E7000. $4k after tax just goes against my constitution I guess.

Order online to avoid tax? I don't think you will be unhappy about a GT either tho, also, take a look at the 60GT, it's quite a bit cheaper than the 65. I'm just not sure if that extra 5" is worth the cost...

Turn it up!
djPerfectTrip is offline  
post #1288 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
ruiz00tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djPerfectTrip View Post

Order online to avoid tax? I don't think you will be unhappy about a GT either tho, also, take a look at the 60GT, it's quite a bit cheaper than the 65. I'm just not sure if that extra 5" is worth the cost...

I started a thread about that. There is a significant price difference from 60 to 64/65 inches. I wonder how different the viewing experience would be?
ruiz00tx is offline  
post #1289 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subavision212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyWallet View Post

I am currently deciding between the 65VT50 and the 65GT50.

I'm probably NOT going to ever have it calibrated. Just being honest. Besides that, do I gain anything going with the VT over the GT?

Is the bezel THAT much nicer on the VT? They both have THX Bright Room, correct?

I had the opportunity to see both the GT50 and the VT50 this weekend and the bezel looks just fine except, but so far photos posted of the GT are too dark to see this, but the GT has an extra half inch of black plastic UNDER the silver bezel at the bottom of the display. To be honest I didn't like how it detracted from the overall look of the display. It just looked so--out of place. The VT has the silver bezel and nothing else. I know that is a small nit to pick (well a $600 nit) but the VT looks very modern and their are several good spec differences that the VT has that the GT doesn't but not sure about paying that much more because of the plastic strip. Still torn a bit between these two so I guess I'll wait for some more definitive reviews and comments. To be safe I'd recommend seeing for yoursel if that sort of thing matters to you.

subavision212 is offline  
post #1290 of 9787 Old 05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Member
 
EmptyWallet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll certainly check it out.

What in the world are you guys putting your 65's on? TV Stand/Console? If so what kinda and from where?

I found one from BB that I like, Sonax I think...but I'm sure I like the idea of buying furniture from BB.
EmptyWallet is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65gt50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55gt50 55 Inch Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50gt50 Plasma Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off