AVS Forum banner

Mounting TV to Slanted Dormer, With a Twist

21K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  GD0TEP 
#1 ·
I'm working with a couple to redesign their media room and bedroom. The TV in the bedroom is currently on a short stand at the foot of the bed. The stand is so short (and as such uncomfortable to view the TV from) because the wall it's on is below a dormer that slants into the room at around a 45 degree angle. They've asked me to look into if it would be possible to mount the TV directly to the slanted dormer wall. The key is that they want the option to push the TV back parallel with the dormer and lock it in that position when not in use so they maintain the walking space between the foot of the bed and the wall.

I'm looking for suggestions on how, or even if, this might be accomplished. I've seen plenty of posts about mounting to slanted walls, but none with the option to swing the TV back out of the way when not in use. This obviously takes building the dormer out to a 90 degree angle to the floor off the table, but I'm curious if there is a mount out there, or one that might be modified to get the job done. They're willing to do (and pay) what it takes to make it happen. Any and all suggestions welcome.

#7 ·
There is no way that it will stay pushed against the angled wall like that. What is the length and width of the room (ie 10x12, 12x14), not some drawing as a cut in of what you would see if this was a doll house.

As for at the foot of the bed, it would be better placing it in a cabinet and having it at the area in the first drawing. You can have rollers on the cabinet, that you can push it out of the way to store it when not using, and roll back if you wish at the foot of the bed. The other option is for them to turn the bed, but need a floor plan to see what the dimensions of the room is.

#8 ·
#9 ·
That's a good one. Now try doing it sideways! I'm trying to mount a 24" monitor on a left side wall with full folding mount for the left of 3 monitors. Here's one with dual folding arms, can go flat. hope the up/down angle is enough, maybe alter that. maybe a metal bar across back of tv out to the side latches to lock it out of the way They also have extra long floating arms, but pricy. http://www.wayfair.com/Cotytech-Full-Motion-Dual-Arm-TV-Wall-Mount-for-42-71-Screens-MW-5D1VB-PGY1059.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.