Do you have image burn-in with your Panasonic Plasma? - Page 5 - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Do you have image burn-in with your Panasonic Plasma?
Yes, 2010 Model with Image Burn-In 0 0%
Yes, 2011 Model with Image Burn-In 0 0%
Yes, 2012 Model with Image Burn-In 5 55.56%
2010 Model with NO Image Burn-In 3 33.33%
2011 Model with NO Image Burn-In 1 11.11%
2012 Model with NO Image Burn-In 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 126 Old 06-10-2014, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Burn-in - NO
Model Number - TH-58PX600U - purchased in 2007
Number of Hours - 21,842 hours
Break-in performed - +/- I was careful the first few weeks like I had been previously with my RPTV but no special discs, etc.
Usage - No games. Probably 70% movies (mostly cable premium networks, probably 30% discs and/or streaming; 30% TV.

Thankfully I've never experienced a burn-in in the 7 years I've owned this PDP. This was the last of Panny's 768p panels and just an excellent TV IMO. After hours of watching non-16:9 content there will be some image retention of the borders but it disappears pretty quickly after watching full screen content. I too have fallen asleep and have had a static image like a disc menu on there for hours which had IR for a brief period but then disappears with regular watching.

One of these days this TV will die on me and I think I'll miss it. I have a 46" Samsung LED (UN46EH5300FXZA) I picked up for less than $500 this past Christmas for the downstairs room after the Hitachi RPTV finally went on the fritz (still thinking about repairing that convergence board) and it has a pretty good picture, however, the plasma just looks so much more natural. Hope a good option presents itself when the Panny goes belly up.

ETA: I didn't vote in the poll as it only went back to 2010!

“A great thunderstorm of sound gushed from the walls. Music bombarded him at such an immense volume that his bones were almost shaken from their tendons; he felt his jaw vibrate, his eyes wobble in his head.” ― Fahrenheit 451
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 126 Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
It seems the Netflix navigation bar has managed to etch itself into my screen....been there for many months and remains after rather extensive IR removal measures (a week of pixel flipper and adjunct slides). I shouldn't have to curtail streaming because of the ridiculously fragility of this set (TC-P65ZT60). I can't see it from my typical seating distance fortunately, but sometimes I like to move up closer, and it will rear its ugly head on solid backgrounds. Really a shame that a $3k set should develop such a fault with such ease.
post #123 of 126 Old 06-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had severe IR with an MSNBC logo on my Panasonic 65" VT50. I used the WOW (World of Wonder/Disney) Pixel Flipper [about 350+ hours), Scroll Bar, Varied content. It took me from October 2013 to January 2014 to eradicate the IR. It is completely gone now.

Many have stated that watching varied content over time will diminish the IR. It probably will, but it would have taken a much longer time, I'm sure it would still be there now had I not used the pixel flipper and scroll bar -- consistently and regularly, i.e. nightly for a period of months until it went away.

From what I have read I think a lot of folks trying to eradicate IR may not run pixel flipper, scroll bar or other screens long enough. For severe IR, a week probably won't do it. And posts from many members seems to support that.

In hindsight, it is clear that prolonged watching of stations with a static logo would best be avoided. I now use Zoom setting on cable news/sport stations with static I.D. bars to prevent it.

I can only encourage you and others that are trying to eradicate IR to keep doing what you have been doing for a much longer period of time. Based on my experience, I think it will diminish. Patience and perseverance are key. Hang in there...
post #124 of 126 Old 06-10-2014, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
With how much juice these things suck down, that's rather unacceptable to me. If this really took 4 months to correct, I would probably disconnect the damn thing afterwards and sell it at a loss even and put it toward one of the upcoming OLEDs and hope for better resilience with that tech since plasma is EOL. At the moment, OLED is not especially great at IR resilience either, though I haven't seen anything as stubborn on my OLED as I have on my ZT60 as listed above. mad.gif
post #125 of 126 Old 06-10-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Burn-in (yes/no) - No
Model Number (ex 2011 VT30) - 2010 G20
Number of Hours - Not sure, but a LOT
Break-in performed (yes/no + no. of hours) - nope
Usage (70% movies, 20% games, 10% TV) - about 50% games and tv/movies. Mostly PC gaming with some PS3 too. I dont watch sports so logos were never a problem for me.
post #126 of 126 Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Well, I finally noticed some ir/burn on my 2011 vt30
Same id logo in the lower right hand corner
Bought in 2012, this tv is always on

But, according to a post a few above, I might be able to get it out

This one is more faint that my st50 burn in, same logo
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags