post #31 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNeo View Post

Okay I was thinking the slides also help with reducing image retention.

Past history has shown that it does not. 7-10 years ago it was thought that it did help but in the real world it really didn't make a difference. My take on it is that if you're doing something to cause burn-in, then that has nothing to do with how you initially aged the panel during it's first few weeks of life.

Quote:

Is there something I need to do to avoid this when the tv is brand new or just watch a bunch of mixed content that fills the screen for the first few weeks and run the orbiter/slideshow every now and then?

It doesn't matter what you do - the TV will break itself in all by itself. The pixel orbiter only moves stuff a few pixel widths so that's useless, and the slideshow doesn't really do anything that watching mixed content doesn't already do, so you may as well just watch the TV normally right out of the box and fiddle with the picture settings.
whitesoxpyro likes this.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
That's good to know Randy. Sounds like I'll just unbox it and get out the Disney Wow disk right away.
whitesoxpyro likes this.

post #33 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

That's good to know Randy. Sounds like I'll just unbox it and get out the Disney Wow disk right away.

Did you end up getting the 55 and the 42 inch? I'm torn between the 50 and 42. It's for the bedroom so I'm worried the 50 might be overkill or the 42 may be just a little to small.
post #34 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

I went with the 42" and 55". I got the 42" from Pauls TVs so if you want one you better act fast.

50" is overkill for a bedroom IMO. I've put the Kuro in my bedroom before and it was uncomfortable. 42" is the perfect size for a small/medium bedroom. It'll also double as my PC monitor for gaming at 3ft away. 42" is not too small as I've sit on my bed from about 6-8ft from my old Pio 425070hd and it was perfect. We're talking about a bedroom set here. The biggest reason for me is watching SD content on a 50" doesn't cut it anymore. Sometimes you just want to watch an old flick on dvd or browse SD programming and you'll thank yourself for getting that 42". Using a 42", most dvds and quality SD broadcasting looks really good. You'd have to sit further back with the 50" and it wouldn't be as enjoyable.. esp in a bedroom.

I prefer to leave the big boy for the main room.

post #35 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Normally I'd agree with the majority and tell you to buy the biggest you can afford because tvs shrink over time. Well I tried the Kuro in the bedroom again and again and it just didn't work out. It was too much.

For this reason I don't like 46"-50" sizes. I feel like their in between and I can never position them in any kind of room for maximum viewing potential. It's either go big or GTFO. Don't get me wrong my Kuro is still phenomenal but I wish it was 60".

42" was the industry standard just a few years ago so it's not like your getting a tiny tv.

post #36 of 2599 Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Normally I'd agree with the majority and tell you to buy the biggest you can afford because tvs shrink over time. Well I tried the Kuro in the bedroom again and again and it just didn't work out. It was too much.

For this reason I don't like 46"-50" sizes. I feel like their in between and I can never position them in any kind of room for maximum viewing potential. It's either go big or GTFO. Don't get me wrong my Kuro is still phenomenal but I wish it was 60".

42" was the industry standard just a few years ago so it's not like your getting a tiny tv.

Yeah I am leaning towards the 42 I think. I have a krp 500m in the living room. Like you, my only complaint is I wish it was 60. Looking forward to your impressions once you get set up!
post #37 of 2599 Old 04-24-2012, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 63
I put a 50" in my BR and am pretty happy with the size. When it's off it is this big monolith but when it's on it seems to be the right size and the thought of bigger crossed my mind,lol. The room is 13x18' and the bed and tv are on the long walls. I also have an extended mount that I pull the tv away from the wall more than a foot for viewing. I could see where this could be big for some but I(we) like it.
post #38 of 2599 Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

I put a 50" in my BR and am pretty happy with the size. When it's off it is this big monolith but when it's on it seems to be the right size and the thought of bigger crossed my mind,lol. The room is 13x18' and the bed and tv are on the long walls. I also have an extended mount that I pull the tv away from the wall more than a foot for viewing. I could see where this could be big for some but I(we) like it.

Good Feedback! I am leaning towards 42 for the cost as well. Although they are not that far apart in price, I have to get a stand and a soundbar to go with it. The 50 is not dead yet but, it's looking like the 42 now. How far is your viewing distance in the bedroom?
post #39 of 2599 Old 04-24-2012, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I wish I had gone with the 42" for my bedroom as well. The 50" is a tad large for only being 7 feet away. I will probably get it calibrated due to the size and distance..

Overall, I think it has a great picture for the price.
post #40 of 2599 Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

Good Feedback! I am leaning towards 42 for the cost as well. Although they are not that far apart in price, I have to get a stand and a soundbar to go with it. The 50 is not dead yet but, it's looking like the 42 now. How far is your viewing distance in the bedroom?

I haven't measured it but I can tonight, pic if needed, let me know if you want that iinfo. The bed and tv are on the walls that are 13' apart, so subtract a pillows measurement and the variable of the tv mount.

edit: My viewing distance is 10'.
post #41 of 2599 Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

I haven't measured it but I can tonight, pic if needed, let me know if you want that iinfo. The bed and tv are on the walls that are 13' apart, so subtract a pillows measurement and the variable of the tv mount.

edit: My viewing distance is 10'.

Thanks! I am going to be between 7-8 ft so I am going with the 42.
post #42 of 2599 Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

Thanks! I am going to be between 7-8 ft so I am going with the 42.

Your welcome. That should be plenty of tv. Anything closer than 7' is too close for me with the 50".
post #43 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I have had my 50" UT up and running for about a week now. Our bed is pretty close, about 6 feet away at most, from the TV. I am noticing lately that during dark scenes that the black/dark areas are "moving" around. It almost looks like a jumbled digital signal...

That wasn't the best explanation but hopefully it will make sense to somebody. We didn't have it on our older S2, but that was a 42" screen, nor do I have it on my 60" Kuro.

I have changed a few settings but nothing real extreme...
post #44 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post

I have had my 50" UT up and running for about a week now. Our bed is pretty close, about 6 feet away at most, from the TV. I am noticing lately that during dark scenes that the black/dark areas are "moving" around. It almost looks like a jumbled digital signal...

That wasn't the best explanation but hopefully it will make sense to somebody. We didn't have it on our older S2, but that was a 42" screen, nor do I have it on my 60" Kuro.

I have changed a few settings but nothing real extreme...

I've seen that a couple of times. Only while watching dark scenes on DirecTV programming.

Has never seen it while watching a blu-ray movie.
post #45 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroof View Post

I've seen that a couple of times. Only while watching dark scenes on DirecTV programming.

Has never seen it while watching a blu-ray movie.

I haven't hooked up a blu-ray player yet, so maybe it is a directv thing and the fact it is a larger screen than before. Just thought it was wierd that I never noticed it on the old unit..
post #46 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:

I haven't hooked up a blu-ray player yet, so maybe it is a directv thing and the fact it is a larger screen than before. Just thought it was wierd that I never noticed it on the old unit..

I was a little nervous the first time I saw it happen (I think it was the dungeon scenes near the end of the first season of GoT) so I popped in The Dark Knight and never once was able to replicate the problem.
post #47 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroof View Post

I was a little nervous the first time I saw it happen (I think it was the dungeon scenes near the end of the first season of GoT) so I popped in The Dark Knight and never once was able to replicate the problem.

I just stumbled upon a notepad that had the settings for my S2 and applied them to this TV. Then I watched something that I had recently noticed the issue with. Now I don't see it..
post #48 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAVADER View Post

I am trying to decide between the new UT 55" and last years 60" P60S30?
I have read a lot of negative things about the 60S30 with Brightness fluctuations. Do you think these things will be fixed with the UT? Which would you guys choose?

Thanks...

Can't tell you about the UT50 as I haven't seen it in a home setting but I have a 50S30 and my father just dumped his abysmal 60ST30 for a 60ST50 and it is a marked improvement. If the UT is similar to the ST50 then it would be the preferable choice over the S30.

The S30 has a nasty reputation around here for no good reason. I'll tell you that comparing the 50S30 with the 50ST30 the picture quality was all but the same save the latter superior light rejection and custom picture controls. Still, these 2011 sets are extremely limited by their low brightness and have several annoying attributes (if you're 'lucky' like my father you'll want to stay FAR away from the ST30). Stick with a 2012 set unless your budget doesn't allow... And if it doesn't just buy an LG!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #49 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:

I just stumbled upon a notepad that had the settings for my S2 and applied them to this TV. Then I watched something that I had recently noticed the issue with. Now I don't see it..

Great!
post #50 of 2599 Old 04-28-2012, 10:52 PM

Liked: 11
I have a 50" UT50 and i'm absolutely loving it. Panasonic completely hooked me up. I purchased a 2 yr old store demo 2009 Panny 42" G10 last year presidents day deal at Electronics Express for $500. It was in perfect condition but i had no clue about the black level rise,it was my first plasma. Anyway it went out a couple months ago with only like 12 days warranty left!! I called panasonic and they authorized it for repair so i took it to the local shop they told me to. Two months went by and finally the repair shop called and told me Panasonic will be sending you a new comparable replacement model. Another month goes by and the repair center told me my new tv was there but didn't tell me what it was. Anyway, boy was i surprised. They took me into the back and said Panasonic upgraded me to a 50" and then i saw it was a UT50 with 3d and i was like wow.I was scared when my G10 went out after reading all the panasonic customer service horror stories here lol. I just know it took awhile but panasonic completely hooked me up. I will always be a loyal Panasonic customer after this experience. This is a great TV and the best part is i only paid around $550 for the 42" G10 total and ended up with this nice new 50" 3dtv.
post #51 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 02:29 AM
Advanced Member

The time has come and the 42UT50 arrived at my house earlier this week. The reason for my late post was to get it set up, running misc content, and get it calibrated. So I'll be giving you a review of my 42UT50 based on the limited time I've had with it thus far. As I mentioned earlier.. I planned on ordering both the 42 and 55UT50 but I decided to hold off on the 55" until I at least got the 42" for the bedroom to see how it met my standards (which are high).

First off I want to get this outta the way.... HOLY ****! What a tv this is. Mind you I'm coming from some pretty high end sets over the years including several Sony 34XBR960s, Samsung locally dimmed 46A950, Pioneer 4270HD, and eventually a Pioneer 5020FD Kuro that I used D-Nice's settings (after service menu offsets) for the past 3.5 years. So to say I'm accustomed to jet blacks, near perfect color accuracy, fluid motion, and a tv able to handle any content (pal, ntsc, sd, hd, etc) with ease is an understatement.

There is no one area that my Kuro outperforms the 42UT50. Let me repeat that... NO AREA in which it outperforms. I'll break this review down in segments hoping not to leave anything off.

Blacks-

Obviously we all know contrast ratio is the most important aspect of picture quality, rivaling color and resolution itself. The blacks your tv is able to reproduce tells us exactly what we're dealing with. I was expecting the worse here from my previous experience with Panasonic plasmas, and in general every other tv that didn't bare the logo "Kuro" or "Pioneer" on it. I will ignore local dimming LCDs due to the fact that their pixels shut off and to me it's not a proper measurement. Black crush, blooming, etc not in the same league. This is the second tv I've personally seen/had to date that passed the grueling Pioneer Blu-ray demo disc. I had a 42ST30 for a short time before returning it last year. It was a long shot from my Kuro to the point blacks looked grey with this demo disc, and nearly every Blu-ray movie I tried on it. Even calibrated I wasn't satisfied with the color either, but I'll cover that later. The blacks on this tv will satisfy anyone. The scene in particular with objects and fish swimming in an all-black environment had my jaw dropped. In my man cave in which I do all my critical viewing in the dark you could see nothing but the fish or object on screen. The bezel of the tv, along with the walls and room itself vanished. I could barely make out the black on the tv. It looked like a less than 1% pattern which is crazy. In fact it at times it had more pop than my Kuro due to a brighter picture. I tested this with some of my favorite movies with dark scenes including The Thing, Sin City, and Batman and not once did I pay attention to the anamorphic black bars. Outside of the Kuro there is no other tv that impressed me like this. Even with last year's top of the line sets I found myself distracted by the greyish bars to the point I couldn't enjoy dark films. It was certainly not the case here.

Anamorphic Black Bars-

Not including LCDs with local dimming, this is the only other tv other than the Kuro with black bars vanishing in all but extreme dark scenes. When the screen goes black then yeah you can see a slight glow.. but the same can be said about the Kuro. No winner here. With a 0% background showing, both are as close to 'black hole black' as plasma gets at this point. The only difference is with any content present and I give the nod to the UT50 due to more brightness and pop (not lcd fake pop but overall natural pop). During the first couple minutes of Sin City I sorta noticed the bars like any other quality plasma (Kuro) but for the rest of the film it vanished once your eyes get used to seeing that much dark. I sound like a broken record here but I don't know how to describe it other than being very Kuroish.

Color-

I dialed it in using a blue filter with several calibration discs including Disney's Wow, AVSHD, DVE HD, etc and they all showed the same results of 48 (Tint at 0) using the graphics output for hdmi settings. At first I wasn't satisfied with the default hdmi settings similar to the ST30 it just lacked. But as soon as I changed it to graphics is where it came alive. Now the colors aren't overblown in your face and more subdued like the Kuro. Skin tones are spot on.. in fact more so than my XBR960 which was my reference up till this point. I'm sure if I had the Kuro professionally calibrated it could be better but to me there was always a reddish skin tone that I couldn't defeat. It's still okay but I'd notice it now and then. I haven't seen any skin tone problems yet with the UT50. I've only spent about 10 hours with it now but this is a problem I usually notice right away with any panel so I believe this one is good to go.

Motion-

This is an area I feel bests my Kuro. I don't think it's a question. I prefer no motion interpolation as to watch films smooth like you'd see at the cinema with proper judder. None of my tvs ever got this right but this one does. The first thing I did was turn the motion smoother OFF.. along with any other digital enhancements (after all it's digital). Pans are now butter smooth without the side effect of motion smoothing. I watched a few scenes of Pirates of the Caribbean in which even my Kuro makes my head turn during slow pans that are now watchable. The only other way for me to defeat this in the past was with a low setting of motion interpolation (ST30, LCDs, etc). But now with it disabled it's as smooth as ever while still preserving natural motion. I don't know how they did it, but they did it. I'm very impressed here.

Flicker-

48hz mode is unusable, as it flickers like the models before it. This is fine with me since 60hz is perfect. This tv also doubles nicely as a PC monitor. I hooked it up via hdmi to my Nvidia equipped desktop and everything syncs smoothly and the mouse glides naturally. Haven't tested it with games but if it's anything like the ST30 it should be good. I'll update later.

Green Blob / Uniformity-

The ST30 I had last year had a green blob in the middle of the screen with contrast set too high. I haven't noticed a green blob with this one with it dialed up yet. I tested this with a white background. Uniformity seems really good on this set. There is no blobs, clouding, etc black screens are black and white screens are white with no noticeable artifacts on color patterns. Probably not the best I've seen in the world, but should satisfy even demanding users.

Image Retention-

I haven't had enough time with this set to be fair. I will say that I noticed the Disney logo burned onto the screen with it turned off after calibrating. But after watching content that filled the screen for a few minutes it vanished. This is a normal trait for plasmas so what can I say...par for the course? My Kuro did the same thing when new and I still notice it now and then but it's never been a long term problem. The fact that the logo went away so quickly tells me that hopefully it won't be a problem.

Reflections-

Yes this tv reflects a lot with windows and/or lighting in the room during the day. More so than most. I can see how this will be a problem for some. Compared to the Kuro it acts similar, if not maybe a little worse. This is a tradeoff that I'm willing to take in order to achieve IMO the best picture possible currently on the market. If it bothers you then the ST50 will suit you better. I don't test tvs during the daytime as I'm strictly an after dark movie buff, and if that's you than I suggest the UT50. This is something you'd have to see in store for yourself, but can tell you it's like most plasmas if you can deal with it. To sum it up it's similar to the 46A950 I had which looked like a mirror turned off. To me this only adds to the vibrancy, sharpness, and natural pop with the lights out but to others will take away value during the day. To each his own.

Conclusion-

This tv IMO is the deal of the decade. It's what us videophiles crave here at AVS every day. It's crazy how much I paid for this UT50 to get a picture I thought wouldn't be possible until the next couple years. The reason I didn't go for the ST50 was because of that aggressive anti-glare filter that's on it (louver filter). Not due to cost. Not due to hype. Not due to bang-for-buck, not due to any other reason. Hell.. I'd pay double what I did for even a 42" to get the picture that I'm after. After inspecting the ST50 up close I came to the conclusion that the UT50 is a more suitable Kuro replacement for me. It's plain and simple. The UT50 has more pop, feels like it has more brightness than it does, is actually sharper, and overall very solid on all fronts and it's all due to the fact that it's using 2012 Panasonic tech and doesn't include that all-miraculous filter than hundreds on this board rant and rave about. I've even been told ppl here wouldn't consider a tv without some sort of filter like that. Well I'm here to tell you that they blew it out of proportion. The Kuro doesn't have an aggressive filter like the ST50..and frankly I'm unaware of many other plasmas that do either. I personally don't like looking at a screen that seems to have a layer of vasoline of sort smeared over.

I'm also sure some will say it's not a proper comparison with the Kuro due to the difference in size (42" vs 50") with some of my comments regarding sharpness and brightness. But I've had a 42ST30 and smaller sets in my home before and this tv had their number. I also gave the Kuro the benefit of the doubt to be fair. I stand by what I said. If your looking for the next best thing then look no further. With the tiniest difference in blacks between them I just can't recommend the Kuro to someone shopping now.. even if they could buy them both new. The benefits of the UT50 outweighs it. The ability to display 3D, the faster phosphors, 16ms input lag in Game Mode if that's your thing, certain critical scenes in film have equal impressive blacks and bars that literally vanish. The Kuro I'd say has overall more solid stable blacks but at peak times the UT50 I thought impressed me more (and this is in a pitch black room). Like I said.. the difference is null. We really need to get a MLL reading of the UT50 because I highly doubt the ST50 is lower. It also has natural sharpness and fluid motion that's beautiful.. something the Kuro has as well but it's certainly not downgraded here. Like I said, IMO I don't believe the Kuro actually bests anything here in the real world outside of technical labs.

Calibration Results for a Dark Room

Picture mode - Custom

Contrast - 78 (76-82 is within ballpark but any higher will result in white clipping)
Brightness - 56 (D-Nice's ST30 reference is spot on)
Color - 48
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 0
Color Temp - Warm 2
Color Mgmt - Off
C.A.T.S. - Off
Video NR - Off

HDMI Settings

RGB Range - Auto
Content type - Graphics (probably the most important setting to change, colors too saturated left OFF/Auto)

Advanced

Block NR - Off
Mosquito NR - Off
Motion Smoother - Off (Weak showed little to no artifacts)
Black Level - Light
3:2 Pulldown - Auto

This was the results I achieved using the Disney Wow Blu-ray disc. I backed it up using Digital Video Essentials HD. In both cases using Graphics content type resulted in more accurate colors and less exaggerated saturation. I came up with Contrast at 76-82 using different patterns but ended up using 78. Your mileage may vary. Brightness was on the money at 56. Color was tested with the included Disney's blue filter. On a motion test pattern it smoothed the bar ever so slightly. But a Medium setting resulted in obvious smoothing. I will say the Medium setting far outperformed motion interpolations I've seen in the past..if that's your thing. I saw almost zero artifacts at this setting during pans which just a couple years ago I would have thrown the tv out the window lol. But purists will keep it Off and it does a fantastic job set to Off. It doesn't need any sharpness either. With the same patterns this tv is sharper than my Kuro set to -15 (lowest it goes). So purists will have a ball here enjoying natural razor sharp motion pictures. Sharpness at 0 on this set is as good as hdtv can be.

I'll get the 55" in sometime next week and will post my impressions along with settings shortly after.

post #52 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 04:38 AM

PathofNeo,
Thanks for the detailed review. Very insightful.

I have one question for everyone. Is there a special setting that enables 3:2 pull down? On my set it is greyed out and off in Cinema and Custom modes. I also have all digital processing off so can't figure out why it is greyed out.

Thanks in advance for your help!
post #53 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 05:14 AM

Liked: 13
pathofneo: as i had an st30 too (sent back due to green blobs problem) i would like to know how the ut50 is in respetct to st30 in terms of black and surface reflections.

I'm going to take one between st50 and ut50 and i need to decide
thanks
post #54 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 AM

Liked: 11
Very interesting review.I'm interested in buying this model(european) or the next one(st50).Compared to the other sets you had this one flickers?Pls post some pictures with the tv playing some material in night and day conditions.Thks!
post #55 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 AM

How is IR on the new UT50 compared to past Panny models?

Thanks,

-Guru
post #56 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 09:42 AM

Thank you for that review Neo. That's my experience with our 50" as well. With HDMI set to graphics and color dialed down a few points, skin tones look very natural, matching Cinema mode, but with higher brightness. Blacks look excellent. In Sin City blacks fade into the bezel, and in most media black bars fade into the bezel as well, outside of night time scenes, where the eye notices a slight distinction between displayed black and the background in a night time environment. With any light in the room blacks are perceived as 0 emittance. I was wondering how the ST50 performed in comparison, so it is good to know that it compares favorably to the Kuro.
post #57 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:

...and they say this tv is the low end

Low End doesn't always mean Low Quality

I'm a little surprised at your predjudice against the ST50's AR Filter though, i've compared the UT50 and ST50 more than a few times in the darkened TV room at Fry's and the ST50's AR Filter doesn't detract from the picture quality one bit, but i do see sharper clearer reflections in the UT50 that are not visible on the ST50 even in their darkened room (which is so dark that i can't read my shopping list when the TVs are showing dark content). Otherwise the UT50 does have a great picture, but i hated the reflections on my glossy Tube TVs when watching movies at night and so personally the UT50's glossy screen would be unacceptable to me.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #58 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

xcloudx, johnblowcls, ListedGuru- I've updated the review to answer your questions.

RandyWalters- I revised the review accordingly.

post #59 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Gah, this thing is starting to sound more and more enticing. I'm fairly pleased so far with my E550. Dark scenes look pretty solid (much better than my LCD) but the way black fluctuates with APL letterbox bars can get real bright. I'm not crazy about the idea of returning it but...
post #60 of 2599 Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Low End doesn't always mean Low Quality

I know what you mean Randy. I just hope some doesn't write this tv off due to the fact it starts with "UT". I would have probably done the same had I not seen it for myself.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page