Official Panasonic UT50 Series Discussion Thread - Page 89 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #2641 of 2647 Old 03-03-2015, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
I guess they were trying to say Windows Media Player in Vista doesn't support DLNA like it does in Windows 7 and 8, so you'll need something else like the other programs that were mentioned. I don't personally have any experience with those however so I can't say what's good.

Ok...
I think I'll go the Chromecast Dongle route.

Thank you VERY much for helping me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2647 Old 03-03-2015, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post
Do I need a DLNA server with this new setup being discussed lately where I connect with a ethernet cable to my router and stream with Windows Media Player?

Thanks for the Wild Media Server suggestion but I don't want to pay for it.
The DLNA on the tv needs some kind of server when hooked to a PC. So you'll need Win 7 or a server program.on your Vista. I didn't know Wild was a pay server. PS3 media server is free.

The update 'should' be for internet apps so they work properly but yea over the years I've heard of peoples tv's having issues, pretty rare though.
post #2643 of 2647 Old 03-03-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post
Ok...
I think I'll go the Chromecast Dongle route.

Thank you VERY much for helping me.
Shortly after chromecasts release they disabled local file streaming from a pc. I never used one but there's a thread here at AVS on the chromecast.

Chromecast: Google in the Living Room, Take Two

Last edited by whipit; 03-03-2015 at 10:12 AM.
post #2644 of 2647 Old 03-03-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
Shortly after chromecasts release they disabled local file streaming from a pc. I never used one but there's a thread here at AVS on the chromecast.

Chromecast: Google in the Living Room, Take Two

When I heard about Allcast I Googled it and apparently there WAS a fallout but they made up (worked out a deal) and now work together again

I joined the Google forum the other day and asked the question if Allcast would work on Windows Vista and the answer was yes.

Anyways, I'll make sure the Dongle can be returned if it doesn't work out.
Thanks for the heads up anyways.
whipit likes this.
post #2645 of 2647 Old 03-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Netflix issue: I previously was able to stream 1080p on my UT50 55" with Dolby 5.1 I can now only stream 720. Netflix says there's no problem on their end. They can see the tv attempting to pull 1080 then falling back to 720. I have a 100 mbps connection and I consistently get 90-100 on tests. I can stream 1080 on the YouTube app but not on Netflix, which is my primary use for the TV.

BTW, OTA HD looks awesome on this tv, better than any cable connection I've ever had -- including Fios. Too bad plasmas are the walking dead.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Tom
post #2646 of 2647 Unread 06-13-2015, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Rossi View Post
Netflix issue: I previously was able to stream 1080p on my UT50 55" with Dolby 5.1 I can now only stream 720. Netflix says there's no problem on their end. They can see the tv attempting to pull 1080 then falling back to 720. I have a 100 mbps connection and I consistently get 90-100 on tests. I can stream 1080 on the YouTube app but not on Netflix, which is my primary use for the TV.
Although the above post is a little old, I can confirm that Netflix only streams a maximum of 720p to my TC-P42UT50 with a 25Mbps connection. Because of this, and the slow Viera Connect interface, I am using a BDP-S6200 for streaming purposes, plus the Sony also streams 3D Netflix content. Not sure, but I suspect that the 1080p problem is on Panasonic's end (possibly firmware) and that they are not interested in fixing anything on their 2012 models at this point.
post #2647 of 2647 Unread Today, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 110
You can use your game console, or app player, there are tons of possibilities.

Netflix is also superior to all my cable hd channels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page