Question about Panasonic plasma with pro-idiom tuner - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-22-2012, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I've been browsing this forum for a while now and have decided to join today to ask a question.
Please bear with me for the long description but I thought I would give background info as much as possible.

I have a question about a hospitality Panasonic plug-in tuner IMP-1200 with Pro-idiom capability in use with a Panasonic professional plasma monitor TH-50PF10.
I've used the TH-50PF10 at home for several years now and like it. I had come across a deal for a used IMP-1200 tuner and decided to buy it and try it in the monitor.

The tuner seems to work fine but will not auto-tune so I can't look up channels. There is no auto-tune option anywhere in the menu but I can select the various inputs including tuner. All this does is give me the ability to change the preset channels. It seems to be that the IMP-1200 is locked to the previous hospitality setup where it was in use.
The volume always starts at the same prefix and the channels also starts on the same number.

Does anyone know if there is a chance that this "lock" can be removed or modified and how? I would like the ability to auto-tune channels, lower the volume and for the tuner to remember the last channel it was on.

Also, if anyone has a link to an operation manual or service manual, it would be great. I could not find any manual for an IMP-1200, IMP-1500 or IMP-2000. I was hoping any of those models may have some clues even tough there are different.

Thanks for any help/ideas or direction I can use in resolving this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Did you try direct entry of your local DTV channel numbers?

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #3 of 15 Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Yes,
I can do direct entry via remote but all I get is "channel not available" for channels that were not pre-programmed.

Also, when the IMP-1200 is plugged in, it disables the buttons on the unit such as menu, volume, input. Those only work on the remote control.

I also tried resetting the plasma monitor to factory settings. It does what it is supposed to do but does not affect the tuner in any way.
post #4 of 15 Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 PM

Liked: 32
What you need to do, is figure out how to turn off "Hotel" mode on the tuner. Try the following http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...a-s/m-p/312075
post #5 of 15 Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll View Post

What you need to do, is figure out how to turn off "Hotel" mode on the tuner. Try the following

Thanks for all the ideas.
I did check on the hotel mode for the plasma but it seems that is has no control over the hotel mode for the plug-in tuner. It sees like I have two different hotel mode. One for the plasma monitor and one for the plug-in tuner that I am not able to access. Not only that, the hotel mode for the tuner seems to override the one from the plasma monitor.
I will check again tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I will report back my findings.

p.s: can't quote your url just yet so had to remove it.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

What you need to do, is figure out how to turn off "Hotel" mode on the tuner. Try the following http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmon...a-s/m-p/312075

Ok,
I tried but this method does not work with my plasma. I followed the procedure below with the same results.
It seems like the IMP-1200 is overriding the settings for the plasma monitor.

Below is the procedure I followed.
[from the unit]
1 Press the MENU button till the Setup menu is displayed.
2 Press the Volume Up + or Down - button to select OSD LANGUAGE. 3 Press and hold the ENTER button till the SHIPPING menu is displayed.
4 Press the Volume Up + or Down - button to select YES.
5 Press the ENTER button and wait for 10 sec.

Note:
Press the R button to return to SET UP menu when SHIPPING menu is displayed.

Then upon turning off the unit and turning it back on,
I did the following:
Press Setup on the remote, scroll down to OSD language.
Press and hold the surround button until the hotel mode menu appears.

There, I can set a few settings such as startup input, default volume , max volume, etc...
I set the default volume to be 5. and the startup input to PC so the tuner card does not automatically overrides the settigns on restart. Restarted the unit, but once I select the TV input, none of the settings I set affects the IMP-1200. In fact, it overrides all the settings with it own and ignores mine.

If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to chime in. I would like to hear from the hospitality experts as well. Maybe these units are set differently and requires a separate remote with the full functions? Or maybe they require a special tool to remove all setting ? Just a guess at this point.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01740isp View Post

Hello all, I've been browsing this forum for a while now and have decided to join today to ask a question.
Please bear with me for the long description but I thought I would give background info as much as possible.

I have a question about a hospitality Panasonic plug-in tuner IMP-1200 with Pro-idiom capability in use with a Panasonic professional plasma monitor TH-50PF10.
I've used the TH-50PF10 at home for several years now and like it. I had come across a deal for a used IMP-1200 tuner and decided to buy it and try it in the monitor.

The tuner seems to work fine but will not auto-tune so I can't look up channels. There is no auto-tune option anywhere in the menu but I can select the various inputs including tuner. All this does is give me the ability to change the preset channels. It seems to be that the IMP-1200 is locked to the previous hospitality setup where it was in use.
The volume always starts at the same prefix and the channels also starts on the same number.

Does anyone know if there is a chance that this "lock" can be removed or modified and how? I would like the ability to auto-tune channels, lower the volume and for the tuner to remember the last channel it was on.

Also, if anyone has a link to an operation manual or service manual, it would be great. I could not find any manual for an IMP-1200, IMP-1500 or IMP-2000. I was hoping any of those models may have some clues even tough there are different.

Thanks for any help/ideas or direction I can use in resolving this issue.

The tuner modules are for use by trade personnel, we have a good amount of Pro-Idiom nodes in our system and have a contractor set them up via USB for the Channel Line up that we use for Pro-Idiom only. A normal Residential Line-up is not used for it. Unplug the module and use a normal QAM tuner for the Plasma.

All Comments made are my own and not of my employer.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This an $1.00 will only get you a cup of coffee.

post #9 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Also even if you did get the manual, you would still need to know Sort Group,QAM EIA channel,Source IP, and Multicast IP. And with out a Pro-Idiom Multicast feed= Useless...Sorry

post #10 of 15 Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybsane View Post

The tuner modules are for use by trade personnel, we have a good amount of Pro-Idiom nodes in our system and have a contractor set them up via USB for the Channel Line up that we use for Pro-Idiom only. A normal Residential Line-up is not used for it. Unplug the module and use a normal QAM tuner for the Plasma.

Thanks, this will save me some headache and I am coming up to the same conclusion when reading up various bits on the IMP cards.

-Messan
post #11 of 15 Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

I figured it out but emailing panasonic professional displays support.
They sent me the code on how to access the auto tune section in the setup menu from the remote.
I would post the code here but I am not sure if it is ok since the tuner is used by "trade personnel". By posting here, customers may be able to change settings on their sets.

here is the page I used to contact them
http://www.panasonic.com/business/pl...tv-support.asp

The tuner works beautifully and picked up 1 OTA analog channel and 12 OTA digital channels in my area.
It also has a lot of functions that allows you tho customize settings on the TV just the way you want it.
Could not ask for more.
Thanks to everyone who helped.
post #12 of 15 Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM

01740isp,
Would you please pm me on how you got this setup just right? I am having some of the same struggles you did and it seems like you we're able to solve them. I have a 42ph10 with the imp-1500.

Thanks!

Carpe Diem-Ytsejam
post #13 of 15 Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

pm sent.

-Messan
post #14 of 15 Old 10-02-2013, 03:40 PM

On the hotel tuner. press status,right,left,mute. This will take it out of Hotel mode and you can use the TV remote again

post #15 of 15 Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 AM

I am having the same issue. I can scan for channels but all my changes are lost. From what I read here you have solved the issue. Could you please share that information with me.

Chaloner Hale

email@chaloner.ca

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page