Stuck Pixel in 3D Mode Only? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Samsung PN64D7000. It has a stuck green subpixel in the middle of the screen, but only when in 3D mode. In 2D the pixel is just fine.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm not sure if running a pixel flipper for an extended period of time will do anything, as the pixel is fine in 2D mode.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ed, I just posted this right before you did in the D8000 thread. My pixel looks white to me but I have the same problem.

My D8000 is about 10 months old. Like a lot of people when I first got it I was intrigued with the 3D. That did not last long and have not used 3D in the last 8 months. Well last night because there was nothing on regular tv, I decided to see what was on Directv's 3D channels. Well when I tuned to one of the 3D channels low and behold there is a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Now what is funny is that if I go back to 2D I do not see the dead pixel. So it looks like it is something with the 3D mode. Anyone have an idea?
post #3 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Same here, had it since last July, but didn't use 3D all that much.

I have the Disney WOW calibration disc, which has a pixel flipper. If I run that, and then hit the 3D button on the TV remote, to switch the TV into 2D to 3D conversion, then I'm technically running the pixel flipper in 3D mode. I tried that for 10 minutes, but it didn't change anything.

I'm wondering if running it for 24 will be fix it, damage it, or just be a waste of time.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

I also had a green flickering pixel that was mainly visible in 3D mode. It was flickering also in 2D mode, but it was much harder to see and was visible only with certain dark colours. I think it got worse over time, at first I don't think I ever saw it other than with 3D whereas later it showed more and more with 2D too.
I don't think it'äll ever fix itself, I had it for over 6 months. Finally I contacted Samsung and they replaced the panel. No flickering pixels in the new panel and it seems to be a bit better overall, for example line bleed is very very minimal compared to the previous panel, being almost nonexistent.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-25-2012, 02:16 PM

Liked: 14
Well after doing some more looking it is like what mot67 said. It is also there in 2d mode just harder to see. Mot67 so they replaced your panel without a problem. Nothing said about so many dead pixels per display. Not sure if u call this a dead pixel or a flickering one.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-01-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

I checked again. The pixel is fine in 2D mode. It makes no sense, but it's definitely stuck only in 3D mode.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM250 View Post

Well after doing some more looking it is like what mot67 said. It is also there in 2d mode just harder to see. Mot67 so they replaced your panel without a problem. Nothing said about so many dead pixels per display. Not sure if u call this a dead pixel or a flickering one.

Yep, they replaced the panel under warranty. After I'd contacted Samsung about this matter they instructed me to contact the local authorized Samsung service. In about two weeks the service guys came to my home with a new panel. They did verify the flickering pixel indeed was there and replaced the panel, made some voltage checking/fine tuning in 45 minutes.
Very happy with the service and how it was handled.
I live in Finland EU, so I'm not sure what is Samsungs policy where you live, but it won't hurt to mail them, telling you have a disturbing flickering pixel and you need a repair under warranty.

My flickering pixels looked like a cluster of two or three pixels, especially in 3D mode I think it was bigger than just one pixel, but it might have been some optical illusion that made it look bigger than one pixel.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I had a stuck pixel on my 64D8000 right in the middle of the TV. I placed a doubled up face towel over the spot and thumped it with my finger and it went away. I had a tech out for another reason later on and stuck pixels came up. I told him what I did and he was surprised that it worked.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays