Post pictures of your plasma in action - Page 2 - AVS Forum
1  2 3  4 
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Post pictures of your plasma in action
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 03:56 PM 04-26-2012
To get hdmi low black I believe you have to feed the tv a 0 to 255 source. He is using his computer so that's probably why he can change it.

pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 03:58 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpippel View Post


However you choose to rationalize what you're dong, it's still stealing.

Just an inefficient market over there! Time for the black market.
bclub03's Avatar bclub03 04:54 PM 04-26-2012
From Pioneer Kuro Demonstration Blu-Ray:


HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 11:27 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan1234 View Post

Here are mine:

From "Jurassic Park":












From "Life":











BTW, just a side note....all my movies were legally purchased...

Picture looks great!!! What tv is this? What blu ray player are you using and how do you get the picture to pause so undistorted?
HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 11:31 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

To get hdmi low black I believe you have to feed the tv a 0 to 255 source. He is using his computer so that's probably why he can change it.

I am using a WDTV Live HD Media Player, and I also use a Playstation 3 to playback my Blu Ray content.
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 11:40 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post


I am using a WDTV Live HD Media Player, and I also use a Playstation 3 to playback my Blu Ray content.

Just make sure you ain't clipping blacks with low
HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 11:55 PM 04-26-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Just make sure you ain't clipping blacks with low

How would I know if I was clipping blacks?
Haroof's Avatar Haroof 12:48 AM 04-27-2012




Panasonic UT50
pokekevin's Avatar pokekevin 12:51 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post


How would I know if I was clipping blacks?

Easiest way is downloading the avs 709 files here and playing the brightness pattern
HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 01:03 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroof View Post





Panasonic UT50

Nice!!! I was thinking of saving up for an ST50. The UT50 looks great!!
Haroof's Avatar Haroof 01:30 AM 04-27-2012
HearingImpaired, I was thinking it was going to be a slightly gimped set but I really haven't noticed that at all. Extremely satisfied.

Will post more shots over the weekend, doom.
thebigdaddye's Avatar thebigdaddye 08:03 AM 04-27-2012
i have a samsung 51d490 3d plasma, if it wasn't for the glare some times from the screen this tv would be near perfect ,but i can't complain it only cost $600. anyway here are a few pics from my tv enjoy.
whipit's Avatar whipit 08:35 AM 04-27-2012
@ bigdaddye... You did it now, I need to know what video(s) these pics are of.
xela19115's Avatar xela19115 08:47 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post

@ bigdaddye... You did it now, I need to know what video(s) these pics are of.

By the logo on the bottom right seems to be Spike HD.
thebigdaddye's Avatar thebigdaddye 09:48 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xela19115 View Post

By the logo on the bottom right seems to be Spike HD.

you would be correct on all but one pic, it's from the hooters bikini calendar shoot in aspen. i recorded it on my dvr last summer. the first pic is from hdnet
tarzan1234's Avatar tarzan1234 10:00 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiedee View Post

Hey tarzan nice pics.

Thanks Mark. I'm having fun taking pictures of my TV


Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post

Picture looks great!!! What tv is this? What blu ray player are you using and how do you get the picture to pause so undistorted?

Thanks HI, It's a Panasonic ST30. I used a PS3 here. I tried to avoid pausing during fast action scenes so the pictures can look sharp.
It doesn't have to be still, but avoid fast moving scene if possible. This one is an example. It's fast and the photo turns out blurry.




I also used a tripod for all my photos.
HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 11:16 AM 04-27-2012










What would be real cool is if someone with a Samsung E Series or Panasonic ST or GT series would post pics.
DRaven72's Avatar DRaven72 11:48 AM 04-27-2012
Whats with the rainbow color banding in the last four pics in the same spot??
HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 11:53 AM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

Whats with the rainbow color banding in the last four pics in the same spot??

I think it's the camera. I don't notice it at all when watching the movies.
dtbreen76's Avatar dtbreen76 12:49 PM 04-27-2012
What would be real cool is if someone with a Samsung E Series or Panasonic ST or GT series would post pics.[/quote]

You mean other than Tarzan?
TornadoTJ's Avatar TornadoTJ 01:47 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post



Wow! Randy's family room. Nice kids, are they all yours?


Ian

Without DNA testing... it is Barbie after all!
tarzan1234's Avatar tarzan1234 02:15 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

Whats with the rainbow color banding in the last four pics in the same spot??


Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post

I think it's the camera. I don't notice it at all when watching the movies.


I think it has something to do with the camera's auto focus. Although I never saw anything like this while watching, I noticed the same thing in many of my pictures (in the camera's viewfinder as well) if I let the auto focus do the job. I had to switch everything to "manual" and adjust the focus distance a little bit to completely eliminate this rainbow thing. Try it if your camera can. Unfortunately, not all digital cameras have manual focusing capability.

A few more shots from Baraka:








rob80b's Avatar rob80b 02:25 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post

Whats with the rainbow color banding in the last four pics in the same spot??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HearingImpaired View Post

I think it's the camera. I don't notice it at all when watching the movies.

It's actually the way the CCD in the digital camera interacts with the filter on the plasmas, not all images appear to be affected but here are two images from my LG PX950 which I hadn't posted because of.





and one without


tarzan1234's Avatar tarzan1234 04:28 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post

It's actually the way the CCD in the digital camera interacts with the filter on the plasmas

I don't really know exactly what it is but I don't think it's the interaction with the CCD sensor. When I look into my camera viewfinder before taking the picture, I also see it. This can eliminate the sensor from the equation because my camera is a DSLR and the viewfinder is 100% optical. Everything I see in the viewfinder has absolutely nothing to do with the camera's sensor.
rob80b's Avatar rob80b 04:29 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan1234 View Post

I think it has something to do with the camera's auto focus. Although I never saw anything like this while watching, I noticed the same thing in many of my pictures (in the camera's viewfinder as well) if I let the auto focus do the job. I had to switch everything to "manual" and adjust the focus distance a little bit to completely eliminate this rainbow thing. Try it if your camera can. Unfortunately, not all digital cameras have manual focusing capability.

A few more shots from Baraka:



Nice shots tarzan.

Haven't seen Baraka since it originally came out, might be time to see how my LG holds up with it.
bclub03's Avatar bclub03 05:18 PM 04-27-2012
Some more from Pioneer's demonstration disc:




HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 09:43 PM 04-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtbreen76 View Post

What would be real cool is if someone with a Samsung E Series or Panasonic ST or GT series would post pics.

You mean other than Tarzan?[/quote]

Sorry I meant the ST50 or GT50 series.
Haroof's Avatar Haroof 10:47 PM 04-27-2012
Few more UT50 shots:








HearingImpaired's Avatar HearingImpaired 05:08 AM 04-28-2012













sage11x's Avatar sage11x 07:46 AM 04-28-2012
Without offending anyone or drawing a ****-storm... What is the point of this?
1  2 3  4 

Up
Mobile  Desktop