post #3241 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmithoh23 View Post

im having a juttering issue and the clarity isnt just there during paning on like nature showes im using winklers setting for the most part tried tweeking them a little but still to no avail and there is like wavy water or like a wavy mirror that will follow a object i know all sets are pretty much different so any diff settings or suggestions would help

We are hoping that D-Nice will have the opportunity to see it too and post his thoughts and/or suggestions.It's being reported by some who own the GT50 and was mentioned in CNet's review of that model too.

It would be helpful if you could reference a specific reference point on a dvd.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
when i was watching alice in wonderland br when she is in the white queens castle they are in a room and when she walks up to alice you can see the wavyness and watching when the earth erupts on sci fi when they are panning alot of diff shots it jutters a bit and its not that clear
sheshechic likes this.
post #3243 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post

Well I HAD to run out and get a 3D disk to try tonight. To my dismay the only thing Target had that I didn't already have coming from Amazon already was Ghost Rider 2.

I think I overdid it on my first 3D Bluray buy:
iphone.jpg

Buncha savages in this town....

Sam Posten
post #3244 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadath View Post

I think I overdid it on my first 3D Bluray buy:
iphone.jpg
eek.gif

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
post #3245 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
TWD
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I just spent the last 2 hours watching Spiderman on a 55 VT50 at Best Buy/Magnolia. It was in one of the demo rooms with controlled lighting. This was the first time I got to view one in a good environment. What a fabulous picture. I'm getting one. I thought that my calibrated Sammy DLP was good. But the VT is in a different league

TWD
post #3246 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I got the Best Buy rewards coupon from buying the TV and extended warranty today. So, I bought 3 3D movies with it.

Narnia, the voyage of the dawn treader 3D
Hugo 3D
Born to be Wild 3D

So far, 10 3D movies, and 3 3D documentaries.
post #3247 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So...to what extent is this an expected behavior?

Photo taken in "THX Cinema" preset (60 contrast):
lkv1Z.jpg

Photo taken after switching to "THX Bright Room" preset (100 contrast):
Ej4xu.jpg

The exposure does differ between photos, but they do accurately reflect my perception of the issue as viewed in person: pretty noticeable in the lower contrast preset, virtually gone in the higher contrast preset.
post #3248 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiuniverse View Post

So...to what extent is this an expected behavior?
Photo taken in "THX Cinema" preset (60 contrast):
lkv1Z.jpg
Photo taken after switching to "THX Bright Room" preset (100 contrast):
Ej4xu.jpg
The exposure does differ between photos, but they do accurately reflect my perception of the issue as viewed in person: pretty noticeable in the lower contrast preset, virtually gone in the higher contrast preset.

It is called horizontal line bleed. It is a issue with plasma technology, no matter what set.
post #3249 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

I use 2.6 for calibrations. I try not to pick a gamma target below 2.2.

After reading your gamma comparisons, I did a neutral gamma, target of 2.6 ISF mode calibration on my 65VT50 today. I still need to do a little tweaking now that its dark outside. I can now understand why you use neutral/2.6 on the VT50's, the picture is very much like the Kuro 9K except without the blue tint (using mine and Jeff's settings), at least that was on my 141.

Kicked the brightness setting up to around 58 and contrast to about 87, color to about 45, sharpness 0. What I like most from a calibration stand point using neutral/2.6, was how the CMS setup when adjusting the primary's and secondary's.

ss

Updated.

I check my 10 point Gamma, other than 10% 20 thru 100 shows IRE of 2;6 gamma. confused.gif

ss
post #3250 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentara View Post

It is called horizontal line bleed. It is a issue with plasma technology, no matter what set.

Thanks, I figured as much, I just wasn't sure what to search for.
post #3251 of 13762 Old 06-21-2012, 11:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

IMO, if you have a buzzer and don't exchange it, then you have no right to claim that they all buzz, and to try to insinuate that those who don't have buzzers must be defective people or untruthful.

I guess this is directed at me.

Let's be clear on a couple of things:

1: Because I can clearly hear the TV buzz with a white screen and no volume, in your mind this TV should be exchanged.

2: I didn't call anyone a "defective person" or "untruthful".
imws likes this.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #3252 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 AM

Liked: 16
Third time's a charm they say. smile.gif Please help me get some peace of mind. confused.gif
Has anyone noticed onscreen noise in the 50VT50's THX Cinema mode? If you would check for example the AVSHD pattern disc's black clipping video. Just look at the flashing bars when switching between modes. Or even in the black bars when watching a movie. It's quite noticable. Raising brightness a tad worsens it alot. Is this an issue to be looked into or a normal working set?
post #3253 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentara View Post

So will a professional calibration mitigate this line bleed problem? I don't recall it being mentioned so far in this thread.
post #3254 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humix View Post

Quick question, when I'm watching 1080p content, if I click on the "i" button on the controller it says 1080p / 24hz input.
Now, what is the best settings for this? Under the burn in period I only watch using the setting THX cinema. I was planning to only use this and the THX cinema bright settings under the day after the burn in period, as I understand these are the best for bluray content if you are not going to calibrate? Im not sure if I want to calibrate as it cost $500 here in my city in sweden. Can someone help me with the following settings in "advanced settings"?
1080p pure direct is ON
24p smooth film is OFF (min mid max?) I dont want SOE? is it right to have it off?
I read somewhere that you could change the tv to 96hz which should be the best for viewing 24hz input? However I cannot change this anywhere? Maybe its on 96hz by default when i put 1080p pure direct ON?
In 720p source i get a additonal option called
Intelligent frame creation, should i put it on min mid max off?
I have no experience on fiddling with the picture settings so I'm quite nervous that I'm going to ruin something.

It seems indeed that one feature is missing on the europe models : 24p Cinematic Playback 96 Hz/48 Hz VT50E (Europe) same goes for VT50B (UK) can someone from the UK confirm this please, tnx in advance.
Any ideas why panasonic did not add the 24p Cinematic Playback 96Hz feature to the europe models, I also send them an e-mail about this and I'm waiting for them to reply, just wanted to see what you guys think about this.

VT50 USA and VT50 Europe spec comparison :

aad3DLVH.jpg aalighwi.jpg
post #3255 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 222
I think you misunderstood my post. I use 2.6 only for 50ST50s. For 65VT50's, I use 2.4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

After reading your gamma comparisons, I did a neutral gamma, target of 2.6 ISF mode calibration on my 65VT50 today. I still need to do a little tweaking now that its dark outside. I can now understand why you use neutral/2.6 on the VT50's, the picture is very much like the Kuro 9K except without the blue tint (using mine and Jeff's settings), at least that was on my 141.
Kicked the brightness setting up to around 58 and contrast to about 87, color to about 45, sharpness 0. What I like most from a calibration stand point using neutral/2.6, was how the CMS setup when adjusting the primary's and secondary's.
ss
Updated.
I check my 10 point Gamma, other than 10% 20 thru 100 shows IRE of 2;6 gamma. confused.gif
ss
post #3256 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

99% sure it would not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imws View Post

So will a professional calibration mitigate this line bleed problem? I don't recall it being mentioned so far in this thread.
post #3257 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 06:03 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Ok I will be picking up my 65vt50 today at BB and am considering grabbing Fright Night and My Bloody Valentine in 3D. I'm a big horror buff and thought I would give these a shot for my first 3D experience at home Has anyone seen either of these in 3D and were the effects worth it?

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
post #3258 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

1: Because I can clearly hear the TV buzz with a white screen and no volume, in your mind this TV should be exchanged.

No, my post was not intended for you alone.

It is my opinion, that you should only exchange the tv if you find it bothersome, it's your choice to live with it or not. I don't think that others should be encouraged to keep a tv with buzzing that bothers them, especially when it is not a "feature" of the make or model. Yes, there is a certain reasonableness that should be employed, however that reasonableness does not extend to hearing it under normal conditions- not for a Panasonic, maybe a Samsung, but not this year's Panasonic.

No you didn't exactly use the words "defective" or "untruthful" but your statements (and you are not alone) seem to imply as much.
BTW, I'd be interested in seeing the data that supports your "placebo effect" claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

The buzzing seems to vary a lot from panel to panel. My 65VT50 is hanging on the living room wall. With only the solid white slide playing and no other noise or volume playing anywhere, both my GF and myself can only hear buzzing noise when we put our ears in the space between TV and wall.
Quote:

Does it? Is there anything resembling evidence to back that up?
I'm not saying you're wrong. But I'm finding myself skeptical of this claim right now. I have a pretty good handle on when mine buzzes and how audible it is. I've given some consideration to exchanging it except that I'm fairly convinced that it's a waste of time. There's a huge placebo effect when people change out a TV. So I'm really curious if anyone has done anything to actually test whether there is any variance.

Now, none of what I said was meant to be an insult. I am simply asking that people stop challenging those who don't hear the buzz so that they can justify the buzz they own and choose to keep. Just as we believe those who claim that their tv buzzes, I think that those who don't have buzzer be given the same consideration. I'm sorry if there are people who have a negative reaction when I suggest that a person exchange the tv instead of trying to convince them to keep it. I won't buy a Samsung because the chances are great that I will receive a buzzer, and I suspect that there are some who by Panasonic for the very same reason. I'd like to keep it that way and he best way to do so is to send the buzzers back.

Lastly, I do believe that there may be a small portion of people whose ability to hear, or not hear, it is directly related to the individual's ability to experience the buzz under normal circumstances, but I don't think this element is very much different than those who experience phosphor trails.

post #3259 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Hi D-Nice, I sent you a PM and email to your business a mail about a calibration in the Boston area for July. Thanks, Sarky
post #3260 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarky View Post

Hi D-Nice, I sent you a PM and email to your business a mail about a calibration in the Boston area for July. Thanks, Sarky
I don't have an email from you but I found and replied to your PM.
post #3261 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 AM

I've had my 55" VT50 for about a week now. I'm really enjoying this TV.

I was able to get BestBuy to match Paul's TV. I got free delivery too. Delivery guy helped me mount it on the wall (I had already mounted the wall-mount. Just needed to attach the brackets to the TV and lift it onto the wall).

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, before my purchase I had never personally seen the VT50. Only the ST50 and the GT30. I was previously looking at purchasing an LED/LCD untiI I started doing more research on plasmas; I'm glad I did. I was originally going to purchase the GT30/VT30. I'm glad I waited until this year. The VT50 does look that much better.
My previous HDTV is a 50" Sony Bravia (Uses that funky LCOS/XRD 3LCD whatever). It was a rear projection. It used an iris to control the total amount of light hitting the screen. Only had to replace the lamp every few years. You could tell a noticeable difference in color/contrast when you turned the TV on for the first time after installing a new lamp.

Good Stuff:
The single sheet of glass across the front is even more amazing than I expected. Glare isn't as bad as I expected.
Sound is much better than my old TV.
Colors are so much better. Saturation of the colors just pops out at you. 100% contrast is just too much for me (I have to turn it down in game mode and THX bright room).
Contrast/depth is much improved over my old TV. In dark scenes, you can actually see everything. On my Bravia, during the credits, you could actually watch the TV control the iris (entire screen would constantly keep going between light and dark when more or less text appeared on the screen).
To my eyes, the 96Hz setting for 24p content is marketedly better than the 48Hz. 60Hz - 90Hz is only marginally better...but still better.
Nearly instant-on is kinda nice.
No buzzing (even though I live at ~7,000ft altitude).
Fan(s) are barely discernable even if I'm standing right next to the set with nothing else making noise.

The Indefferent:
The motion is, "different," than what I'm used to. Normal satellite TV looks amazing as ever though. I somewhat like the smooth nature of the LED/LCDs for some content, but find the tearing undesirable when watching movies.
Blu-Ray content and playing games on my PS3 is where the difference comes in to play. I never noticed the motion blurring on my Bravia. On this TV, it seems somewhat more noticeable. Not neccessarily distracting per-say, but noticeable. Motion smoother is off. My Bravia was capable of 60Hz and a native 24 (not interpolation). When comparing 24p content, I could notice the difference between my Bravia and a newer 120Hz/240Hz LED/LCD. I kind of liked the smoother look in some scenes.
My first HDTV was a DLP set. I could notice the rainbow effect on that set. It was distracting. I ended up getting the Bravia instead. On this plasma, I can notice a very slight resemblance to that effect when the TV is displaying bright white areas. If my eyes shift from one side of the screen to the other, I can see that slight rainbow effect. Not terribly distracting, and only in certain scenes. I'll get over it.
I'm know it is just the 'nature' of plasma technology, but when I can see the TV out of my peripheral vision, I can see it 'strobing.' I don't notice it when I view the set dead-on thank goodness. Not a big deal.

The Questions:
There are many greyed-out options in the picture settings. For example, I cannot enable motion smoother; it's greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
My Blu-Ray player is capable of 4:4:4. I have configured to do such, and enabled that in the picture settings on the TV. To be honest, I cannot say I really notice a difference. Maybe it has to be certain Blu-Ray content?
post #3262 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 AM

Hi everyone, new poster, learned a lot here before buying my new 55" VT50. Now I have a question: my new set has a line across the top of the viewable image on some channels. It is related to something in the picture in that the colors are similar from somewhere lower on the screen. For example, if the top of the picture is dark, but there are white and red colors lower down on the screen, then this thin line across the top will have some white and red colors in it. If the top of the image is dark, this kind of thing shows up very strongly against the picture and the black bezel. Have any of you seen something similar or have any ideas on how to fix it? It doesn't appear on all channels, but enough to be really annoying. Thank you.
post #3263 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaz View Post

I was able to get BestBuy to match Paul's TV. I got free delivery too. Delivery guy helped me mount it on the wall (I had already mounted the wall-mount. Just needed to attach the brackets to the TV and lift it onto the wall).
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, before my purchase I had never personally seen the VT50. Only the ST50 and the GT30. I was previously looking at purchasing an LED/LCD untiI I started doing more research on plasmas; I'm glad I did. I was originally going to purchase the GT30/VT30. I'm glad I waited until this year. The VT50 does look that much better.
My previous HDTV is a 50" Sony Bravia (Uses that funky LCOS/XRD 3LCD whatever). It was a rear projection. It used an iris to control the total amount of light hitting the screen. Only had to replace the lamp every few years. You could tell a noticeable difference in color/contrast when you turned the TV on for the first time after installing a new lamp.
Good Stuff:
The single sheet of glass across the front is even more amazing than I expected. Glare isn't as bad as I expected.
Sound is much better than my old TV.
Colors are so much better. Saturation of the colors just pops out at you. 100% contrast is just too much for me (I have to turn it down in game mode and THX bright room).
Contrast/depth is much improved over my old TV. In dark scenes, you can actually see everything. On my Bravia, during the credits, you could actually watch the TV control the iris (entire screen would constantly keep going between light and dark when more or less text appeared on the screen).
To my eyes, the 96Hz setting for 24p content is marketedly better than the 48Hz. 60Hz - 90Hz is only marginally better...but still better.
Nearly instant-on is kinda nice.
No buzzing (even though I live at ~7,000ft altitude).
Fan(s) are barely discernable even if I'm standing right next to the set with nothing else making noise.
The Indefferent:
The motion is, "different," than what I'm used to. Normal satellite TV looks amazing as ever though. I somewhat like the smooth nature of the LED/LCDs for some content, but find the tearing undesirable when watching movies.
Blu-Ray content and playing games on my PS3 is where the difference comes in to play. I never noticed the motion blurring on my Bravia. On this TV, it seems somewhat more noticeable. Not neccessarily distracting per-say, but noticeable. Motion smoother is off. My Bravia was capable of 60Hz and a native 24 (not interpolation). When comparing 24p content, I could notice the difference between my Bravia and a newer 120Hz/240Hz LED/LCD. I kind of liked the smoother look in some scenes.
My first HDTV was a DLP set. I could notice the rainbow effect on that set. It was distracting. I ended up getting the Bravia instead. On this plasma, I can notice a very slight resemblance to that effect when the TV is displaying bright white areas. If my eyes shift from one side of the screen to the other, I can see that slight rainbow effect. Not terribly distracting, and only in certain scenes. I'll get over it.
I'm know it is just the 'nature' of plasma technology, but when I can see the TV out of my peripheral vision, I can see it 'strobing.' I don't notice it when I view the set dead-on thank goodness. Not a big deal.

The Questions:
There are many greyed-out options in the picture settings. For example, I cannot enable motion smoother; it's greyed out. What am I doing wrong?
My Blu-Ray player is capable of 4:4:4. I have configured to do such, and enabled that in the picture settings on the TV. To be honest, I cannot say I really notice a difference. Maybe it has to be certain Blu-Ray content?

Did BB match Paul's online price or in store price? I don't know why Paul's price is cheaper online over in store.
post #3264 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
What wall mount did you use and how did you determine where to put the mount since you didn't have the TV? I want to go ahead and mount my 500M until I get my 65VT50 but I don't want to have to move the wall mount once I mount the VT50 so I am a little tentative that I won't know exactly how high I would need to put the mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaz View Post

post #3265 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I Have a > is it a good idea to run the pixel flipper to break in a plasma in stead of the color slides?
post #3266 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

Quote:

No, my post was not intended for you alone.

It is my opinion, that you should only exchange the tv if you find it bothersome, it's your choice to live with it or not. I don't think that others should be encouraged to keep a tv with buzzing that bothers them, especially when it is not a "feature" of the make or model. Yes, there is a certain reasonableness that should be employed, however that reasonableness does not extend to hearing it under normal conditions- not for a Panasonic, maybe a Samsung, but not this year's Panasonic.

No you didn't exactly use the words "defective" or "untruthful" but your statements (and you are not alone) seem to imply as much.
BTW, I'd be interested in seeing the data that supports your "placebo effect" claim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBrat View Post

The buzzing seems to vary a lot from panel to panel. My 65VT50 is hanging on the living room wall. With only the solid white slide playing and no other noise or volume playing anywhere, both my GF and myself can only hear buzzing noise when we put our ears in the space between TV and wall.
Quote:

Does it? Is there anything resembling evidence to back that up?
I'm not saying you're wrong. But I'm finding myself skeptical of this claim right now. I have a pretty good handle on when mine buzzes and how audible it is. I've given some consideration to exchanging it except that I'm fairly convinced that it's a waste of time. There's a huge placebo effect when people change out a TV. So I'm really curious if anyone has done anything to actually test whether there is any variance.

Now, none of what I said was meant to be an insult. I am simply asking that people stop challenging those who don't hear the buzz so that they can justify the buzz they own and choose to keep. Just as we believe those who claim that their tv buzzes, I think that those who don't have buzzer be given the same consideration. I'm sorry if there are people who have a negative reaction when I suggest that a person exchange the tv instead of trying to convince them to keep it. I won't buy a Samsung because the chances are great that I will receive a buzzer, and I suspect that there are some who by Panasonic for the very same reason. I'd like to keep it that way and he best way to do so is to send the buzzers back.

Lastly, I do believe that there may be a small portion of people whose ability to hear, or not hear, it is directly related to the individual's ability to experience the buzz under normal circumstances, but I don't think this element is very much different than those who experience phosphor trails.

It may be a good idea to take a step back like I had to do the other day. There is no big deal here. As substantiated by D-Nice not long ago: D-Nice Quote "Actually it is 100% correct. Every single plasma ever made buzzes. It is 100% inherent to the tech. Wheather or not you personally hear it would be dependent on your hearing capabilities and room size and acoustics." They all buzz. Some just may buzz far less than others. You seem to be lucky with one of the "far less" ones.

I happen to think mine is a very quiet one, but this morning I used the TV speakers instead of my AVR and had volume just loud enough to hear dialogue. I could hear the buzzing change pitch at every scene transition. I would normally never hear that but some people actually do listen with volume super low. ie... my mother. lol She would constantly hear buzzing on my set if she owned it.

Arguments about other peoples perseption of things never quite tend to go well as proven by this thread. Hand held up as a guilty party.

No big deal

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
post #3267 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 09:38 AM

Sorry new to the forum....Just received 65VT50 and have about 10 hours on it.

Has anyone have issues with the picture looking dull and very dark in some instances (Watching the NBA game and the picture was not clear).

I tried to see if a Blueray movie would improve but there was still a dullness (Face were not crisp) to the picture. The picture doesn't look as clear as i would have expected. My older 50inch picture, using same hookup, looked much clearer.

Is there any settings that will improve picture quality? Will calibration help picture quality or does that just optimize color?

Thoughts?
post #3268 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
My 65VT50 has arrived.. it is still in the crate but just turned it on to run the break-in slides to check for issues. None so far and I can't hear any buzzing at all.. contrast is at 100.

Any risk to running the TV while in the crate?

More updates later

Pioneer KRP-500m
Panasonic 65VT50
M&K LCR-750s Fronts and Center
M&K M-4T Surrounds
X-Rite i1pro
post #3269 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anwar79 View Post

Sorry new to the forum....Just received 65VT50 and have about 10 hours on it.
Has anyone have issues with the picture looking dull and very dark in some instances (Watching the NBA game and the picture was not clear).
I tried to see if a Blueray movie would improve but there was still a dullness (Face were not crisp) to the picture. The picture doesn't look as clear as i would have expected. My older 50inch picture, using same hookup, looked much clearer.
Is there any settings that will improve picture quality? Will calibration help picture quality or does that just optimize color?

Thoughts?

What settings are you using that would help tremendously and what tv did you previously have.
post #3270 of 13762 Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figaro72 View Post

Hi everyone, new poster, learned a lot here before buying my new 55" VT50. Now I have a question: my new set has a line across the top of the viewable image on some channels. It is related to something in the picture in that the colors are similar from somewhere lower on the screen. For example, if the top of the picture is dark, but there are white and red colors lower down on the screen, then this thin line across the top will have some white and red colors in it. If the top of the image is dark, this kind of thing shows up very strongly against the picture and the black bezel. Have any of you seen something similar or have any ideas on how to fix it? It doesn't appear on all channels, but enough to be really annoying. Thank you.

What you are seeing is noise artefacts in the transmission signal, and while undesirable, completely normal. Happens on many cable / satellite channels, at the top/bottom of the picture on some channels and on the left/right edge on others. Go into Menu>Picture>Aspect Adjustment and change the "HD Size" to "Size 1". This setting causes a 5% zoom in the picture and thus cuts off the top/bottom/left/right edges where the noise is located. Just remember to switch it to "Size 2" when watching a BluRay signal (which doesn't have these noise artefacts).
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page