Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 251 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7501 of 13961 Old 11-10-2012, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette1992 View Post

So is it just me or what, but I hate my P65VT50!!!!
I just received it this past week from Value Electronics. It was burned in and professionally calibrated. I find all modes to be extremely dark, even the day/bright modes. I don't know how it would be possible for anyone to watch this TV in standard mode. I tried using toppers custom settings and it is way better, but the picture just does not seem to "pop" to me. The picture is just overall very dull. The ISF modes look horrible to me too. I've heard some many great things and have read so many great reviews that i feel something is either wrong with me! I have a Sony NX810 also that I just absolutely love!
I'm debating trading it in for the Sony 65" XBR but I really don't want to go through the hassle and expense.
Dwayne
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Your post has caused me sweaty palms! I'm presently going the same route as you have. Who did your calibration; Ed or Kevin?. Did you speak to Wendy or Robert about this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 13961 Old 11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

I just received it this past week from Value Electronics. It was burned in and professionally calibrated. I find all modes to be extremely dark, even the day/bright modes. I don't know how it would be possible for anyone to watch this TV in standard mode. I tried using toppers custom settings and it is way better, but the picture just does not seem to "pop" to me. The picture is just overall very dull. The ISF modes look horrible to me too. I've heard some many great things and have read so many great reviews that i feel something is either wrong with me! I have a Sony NX810 also that I just absolutely love!
I'm debating trading it in for the Sony 65" XBR but I really don't want to go through the hassle and expense.
Dwayne

There is something wrong with your professional calibration because it should not look dark. Put the VT50 into THX Cinema mode and see how that looks, assuming that someone hasn't played around with the settings. The VT50 has great black levels that make everything look better and that is right out of the box. So it is either the calibration or something is wrong with the VT50. I just wonder about your "professional" calibration. "professional" may mean that you paid something for it or that it was included within your package. What you see is not normal.
post #7503 of 13961 Old 11-10-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:

Dwayne

Relax take at least a week to get use to your most used mode calibrated settings.
In some cases folks are so use to a "blaze" picture that at first they don't like a well calibrated picture, and say the same thing as you are saying. Try using some Blu Ray movies, look for detail and color, look at some dark scenes for background detail, same for bright scenes detail. Look for flesh tones, foliage colors, what you see out side in the real world and compare.

Download and burn AVS HD 709, http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
Look at the stepped gray scale and the flashing contrast pattern, do you see any tint of color other than gray?
And or buy a copy of Spears & Munsil
Look at all the test patterns, use the SM drop down info that explains what each pattern is for and what it should look like.

Post your calibration report, or compare my ISF calibration report (top link in my sig) to yours.
Warning I don't recommend this because you can damage your VT50 if not done right, but if you are very careful you can check to see how many hours are on your VT50.

ss
craigyboy likes this.
post #7504 of 13961 Old 11-10-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

Is it normal for a 65VT50 that is mounted on the stand it came with to have a slight wobble to it?
The VT50 should move a little in the pedestal (Panasonic's official term for the "stand" that comes with the VT50), as it isn't a perfectly snug fit, and even if there was, the TV will create a lot of torque onto the neck (which is why the fit isn't snug...this keeps the neck from taking as much stress from minor movement of the display).

What is the pedestal sitting on...table, rack, the floor? My VT50 will wobble slightly if I give my entertainment rack a decent push, but unless the rack gets touched, the TV never moves, even with 4 large dogs running around. When the TV was on the floor during the 100 hour break-in, I had to touch the TV itself to get it to wobble. So, if footsteps near your rack/table/whatever are causing the TV to wobble on the pedestal, then I think you need to investigate the stability of whatever the TV is actually sitting on.

Also, it's possible that the pedestal base (or whatever it is sitting on) isn't perfectly flat. The base has 4 rectangular rubber feet that should even out most small imperfections, but if one of the feet is missing, or the difference is too much, that could create a dangerous situation.
post #7505 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 12:23 AM

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenfernox View Post

On the Avengers movie when the group shot circle pan's on the group shot in the new york battle the heads of the actors seem to tear.

I have tried all combinations of settings of motion smoother and 48 ,60 and 96Hz . (all other image enhancers are turned off)

Is this just the norm and something to live with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelxD View Post

Wow, this sucks ! I haven't seen this yet with any other content, though I haven't watched The Avengers through it yet, BUT ironically enough, I just got my Avengers BD from Amazon today... HA ! SO I will take it to my moms tomorrow and watch it. I'll keep you posted. As if I see a issue, I will spend all day trying to fix it. She has a Oppo BDP-93 (like me) and if needed, I'll try a array of combinations to figure it out.

Ok, Xenfernox. I played with the settings while on this particular pan shot, and I got it to look perfect. For motion, these settings here seem to work across the board perfect for everything so far that I've seen:

Motion Smoother: Medium
24p Direct: 60hz

BluRay player needs no extra adjusting at all.

Try that, you should be good.
post #7506 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 07:13 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

Your post has caused me sweaty palms! I'm presently going the same route as you have. Who did your calibration; Ed or Kevin?. Did you speak to Wendy or Robert about this???

I have no idea who did the calibration, but I did talk to Robert about my TV. He was kind of shocked I was unhappy with it. He told me to try it out for a few more days and let him know what I wanted to do. The couple of extra days just helped to confirm that I do not like this TV. I don't know if it is defective or just me. I tried a factory reset just to see if that corrected anything, but all it did was delete my ISF calibrated modes!!

Dwayne
post #7507 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fookoo_2010 View Post

There is something wrong with your professional calibration because it should not look dark. Put the VT50 into THX Cinema mode and see how that looks, assuming that someone hasn't played around with the settings. The VT50 has great black levels that make everything look better and that is right out of the box. So it is either the calibration or something is wrong with the VT50. I just wonder about your "professional" calibration. "professional" may mean that you paid something for it or that it was included within your package. What you see is not normal.

It was ISF calibrated from Value Electronics. They are supposed to be quite reputable. THX Cinema mode is just way too dark. I factory reset the device but it did not get any better.

Dwayne
post #7508 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Relax take at least a week to get use to your most used mode calibrated settings.
In some cases folks are so use to a "blaze" picture that at first they don't like a well calibrated picture, and say the same thing as you are saying. Try using some Blu Ray movies, look for detail and color, look at some dark scenes for background detail, same for bright scenes detail. Look for flesh tones, foliage colors, what you see out side in the real world and compare.
Download and burn AVS HD 709, http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd-709-blu-ray-mp4-calibration
Look at the stepped gray scale and the flashing contrast pattern, do you see any tint of color other than gray?
And or buy a copy of Spears & Munsil
Look at all the test patterns, use the SM drop down info that explains what each pattern is for and what it should look like.
Post your calibration report, or compare my ISF calibration report (top link in my sig) to yours.
Warning I don't recommend this because you can damage your VT50 if not done right, but if you are very careful you can check to see how many hours are on your VT50.
ss

I unfortunately did not get a calibration report with my TV. However I will ask for it.

Dwayne
post #7509 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

It was ISF calibrated from Value Electronics. They are supposed to be quite reputable. THX Cinema mode is just way too dark. I factory reset the device but it did not get any better.

Your expectations maybe too high. THX Cinema will look dark because the colors will be desaturated compared to what you are use to seeing. It is suppose to be something comparable to what one would see at the theater. ISF calibrations should have separate day and night modes in which the night mode is the most "accurate" but requires a darker room. The calibration is done to a reference standard. It can take a few days to get use to a calibrated picture, but you should eventually see much more accurate skin tones compared to THX Cinema picture mode.
post #7510 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 04:08 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have no idea who did the calibration, but I did talk to Robert about my TV. He was kind of shocked I was unhappy with it. He told me to try it out for a few more days and let him know what I wanted to do. The couple of extra days just helped to confirm that I do not like this TV. I don't know if it is defective or just me. I tried a factory reset just to see if that corrected anything, but all it did was delete my ISF calibrated modes!!
Dwayne

Bummer! So at this stage of the game, what are you planning to do? As for my part I think I'm going to call Robert early this week as my VT50 will be calibrated by K. Miller Friday. I certainly don't want to receive this TV after waiting all this time and spending all this $$$ and having the feeling, ''I wish I would have kept the LG 5600.
post #7511 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Just wanted to jump into the thread, picked up the 65"VT50 Fri night at Best Buy. Coming from my dinosaur Pioneer 53" CRT Projection in 2003, which was no slouch in its day, this TV is a beauty! Watched Spiderman 3 Blu-ray, the dark shadows and black costume details are extraordinary! No LCD can touch it, I think I made the right choice.

I have some questions as a newbie owner, I read most of the posts in this long thread but need clarification on:

1) Should I update to the latest firmware or leave the stock Oct 2012 build FW on the TV? There was mention of the latest FW not as good, cannot roll back???
2) I am probably not going to get it professionally Cal'd, just copy another guys settings on this forum. THX cinema look pretty awesome out of the box! I heard first 100-150 hours are critical for burn, so as long as I stay away from History channel logo stuff I should be ok? what about at hour 125, can I start to watch shows with a logo bottom right corner or never if I dont want burn-in?

Thanks Vince
post #7512 of 13961 Old 11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Ok. Starting to think I am cursed. 1st vt50 = dead pixels. 2nd vt50 = terrible plasma buzz and fingerprints under glass front. 3rd vt50 (from a different store with different manufacture date as first two ) = dead pixels again! WTF!!! Will try for a 4th time tomorrow but starting to think the quality control for Panasonic is utter crap.
craigyboy likes this.
post #7513 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince32837 View Post

Just wanted to jump into the thread, picked up the 65"VT50 Fri night at Best Buy. Coming from my dinosaur Pioneer 53" CRT Projection in 2003, which was no slouch in its day, this TV is a beauty! Watched Spiderman 3 Blu-ray, the dark shadows and black costume details are extraordinary! No LCD can touch it, I think I made the right choice.
I have some questions as a newbie owner, I read most of the posts in this long thread but need clarification on:
1) Should I update to the latest firmware or leave the stock Oct 2012 build FW on the TV? There was mention of the latest FW not as good, cannot roll back???
2) I am probably not going to get it professionally Cal'd, just copy another guys settings on this forum. THX cinema look pretty awesome out of the box! I heard first 100-150 hours are critical for burn, so as long as I stay away from History channel logo stuff I should be ok? what about at hour 125, can I start to watch shows with a logo bottom right corner or never if I dont want burn-in?
Thanks Vince

You probably have the latest firmware already installed, 1.17
Here is a link for firmware updates, http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65VT50?t=downloads&support#tabs

Break-in is not that big of a deal, unless you are going to have your TV Calibrated.

Chanel logo's are always a problem, if your TV is new or has 1500 hours on it. Use your THX cinema settings without raising the contrast or brightness for a week or two. Don't change the screen brightness setting.
You may want drop sharpness to 0, enhancements are up to you but only if you can see a real change that you like, other wise they can hurt your PQ as much as they can help..
Very your viewing programs, run the scrolling bar if you see IR is setting in.

ss
post #7514 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:

Dwayne

Try this: use custom mode. Go to pro settings. Reset to defaults to center (zero out) the settings.. Make sure panel brightness is set to Mid. Press return. Set contrast to 87 and brightness to 56. These are just ballpark numbers, but they will do for now. Watch some blurays, sports games, what have you. Watch during day and night. If you still think it's too dark after a few days, then I'm afraid this tv is not for you.
post #7515 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

You probably have the latest firmware already installed, 1.17
Here is a link for firmware updates, http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P65VT50?t=downloads&support#tabs
Break-in is not that big of a deal, unless you are going to have your TV Calibrated.
Chanel logo's are always a problem, if your TV is new or has 1500 hours on it. Use your THX cinema settings without raising the contrast or brightness for a week or two. Don't change the screen brightness setting.
You may want drop sharpness to 0, enhancements are up to you but only if you can see a real change that you like, other wise they can hurt your PQ as much as they can help..
Very your viewing programs, run the scrolling bar if you see IR is setting in.
ss

SS,

thanks for the tips, will do

Vince
post #7516 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Just saw the VT50 next to the Samsung E8000 at BB Magnolia, and to my surprise the Samsung was much sharper. I've not noticed that much difference before. Sharpness on the VT50 was set to 50. Both TVs were displaying the same content from ESPN and Fox Sports. I believe both of those are 720p channels. I don't know if DirectTV upscales to 1080i or they send it out native 720p. It was most noticable on the graphics and text.

Michael
post #7517 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok. Starting to think I am cursed. 1st vt50 = dead pixels. 2nd vt50 = terrible plasma buzz and fingerprints under glass front. 3rd vt50 (from a different store with different manufacture date as first two ) = dead pixels again! WTF!!! Will try for a 4th time tomorrow but starting to think the quality control for Panasonic is utter crap.
Finally... On the 4th set.... One with no dead pixels and no buzz whatsoever. October 2012 manufacture date compared to May and July with the other 3.
post #7518 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Liked: 11
Hello Everyone, I tried my best to read as many of the posts on this thread so that I wouldn't be asking questions that have already been asked,
except I realize that I won't be able to do that. I hope you can be patient with me and not be to annoyed about repeat questions.

Just ordered the 65" VT50 from Best Buy, could have bought it from a smaller store, decided to go with BB thinking that if there are any issues
they would resolve them quickly .... They wanted me to buy there extended warranty, said that people sometime get burn in and BB with that
warranty just replaces the TV. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I get that warranty, the TV comes with a 1 Year warranty and my CC
matches that for another year. Whats so great about the BB warranty? It's also very expensive....

The last pages of posts on this thread some people have said they HATE this TV that it's dark and overall the picture quality is not as sharp as
a Samsung. This is worrying, as I read all the reviews on this TV and from what I learnt it's possibly the best TV out there unless you look at the
sharp Elite at double the price. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Can someone tell me how I break it in? Does it come with break in Slides? Or do I have to buy those? I bought a Pioneer 6010 around 6 years
ago and completely forgotten how I set it up.... so really would appreciate help setting this up.

As this is a 3D TV, can you advise as to where I would get the right HDMI cables from? BB has them for $129 I thought this was too expensive
for cables so didn't get them ... Can you advice which cables I should get? Really just need it connecting to my Verizon Fios Box for now.

Also when is the best time to calibrate it? after the 150 hours of break in? I was told not to do this break in all at one time, to do it over a 30 day
period? Any thoughts on this? and Has any one had their TV calibrated from BB? Are their guys good? ...

Thank you all very much ...
post #7519 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:

Finally... On the 4th set.... One with no dead pixels and no buzz whatsoever. October 2012 manufacture date compared to May and July with the other 3.

@cmay91472 ..... How would I know that I have any dead pixels? How can I check for this? and may I ask where you bought the TV from? have they been
good about exchanging it for you? I am really concerned about this, I just ordered mine and it should be here at the end of the week...
Thanks.... Buzz? I heard these TV's had no buzz whatsoever....

Oh and I forgot to ask in my last post.... Do any of you use a Sound Bar? If so which do you recommend? One that fits in well with the TV?
Thanks
post #7520 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM

Okay so another question, has anyone used Audioquest's cinnamon HDMI cable with these TV's?
Otherwise can you tell me which HDMI cable should one use as this is a 3D TV and requires a
certain type of cable, i have been told... Also I am guessing that with a TV like this one should spend
a little bit more than the cheap HDMI cables? Can any of you suggest which brand and where I can
order it from?
Thanks
post #7521 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabreeze82 View Post

Okay so another question, has anyone used Audioquest's cinnamon HDMI cable with these TV's?
Otherwise can you tell me which HDMI cable should one use as this is a 3D TV and requires a
certain type of cable, i have been told... Also I am guessing that with a TV like this one should spend
a little bit more than the cheap HDMI cables? Can any of you suggest which brand and where I can
order it from?
Thanks

Monoprice.com. All HDMI cables are the same. I'm guessing the person telling you that was trying to sell you one?
post #7522 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Hello Everyone, I tried my best to read as many of the posts on this thread so that I wouldn't be asking questions that have already been asked,
except I realize that I won't be able to do that. I hope you can be patient with me and not be to annoyed about repeat questions.
Just ordered the 65" VT50 from Best Buy, could have bought it from a smaller store, decided to go with BB thinking that if there are any issues
they would resolve them quickly .... They wanted me to buy there extended warranty, said that people sometime get burn in and BB with that
warranty just replaces the TV. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I get that warranty, the TV comes with a 1 Year warranty and my CC
matches that for another year. Whats so great about the BB warranty? It's also very expensive....
The last pages of posts on this thread some people have said they HATE this TV that it's dark and overall the picture quality is not as sharp as
a Samsung. This is worrying, as I read all the reviews on this TV and from what I learnt it's possibly the best TV out there unless you look at the
sharp Elite at double the price. I hope I won't be disappointed.
Can someone tell me how I break it in? Does it come with break in Slides? Or do I have to buy those? I bought a Pioneer 6010 around 6 years
ago and completely forgotten how I set it up.... so really would appreciate help setting this up.
As this is a 3D TV, can you advise as to where I would get the right HDMI cables from? BB has them for $129 I thought this was too expensive
for cables so didn't get them ... Can you advice which cables I should get? Really just need it connecting to my Verizon Fios Box for now.
Also when is the best time to calibrate it? after the 150 hours of break in? I was told not to do this break in all at one time, to do it over a 30 day
period? Any thoughts on this? and Has any one had their TV calibrated from BB? Are their guys good? ...
Thank you all very much ...

Burn-in generally is not an issue anymore, but if you are concerned, go with the BB Warranty as I don't know of any other warranty providers that cover it. Personally, I went with the Costco 3 year warranty for $100.

You won't be disappointed by the picture quality.

Break in isn't necessary in - just watch a good mix of content for the first few hundred hours. Waiting the same period to calibrate seems to be a good idea.

I haven't heard great things about BB Calibration - however, you likely get a free one through the Premier Rewardzone package, and therefore I would go with that instead of paying someone a few hundred bucks to do it. To me, THX mode looks pretty darn good.
post #7523 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

@cmay91472 ..... How would I know that I have any dead pixels? How can I check for this? and may I ask where you bought the TV from? have they been
good about exchanging it for you?
Thanks.... Buzz? I heard these TV's had no buzz whatsoever....

The first thing I did with each of the four sets was to check for dead, stuck or flashing pixels by using the break in slides. If you do have any, it will be obvious when viewing the slides. As soon as the whitest slide came on, then I knew if the TV was a "buzzer" or not. All three of the returned sets had buzz to some degree. The two with dead pixels was moderate. The one without the dead pixels was severe. The new set with the Oct. build date is virtually quiet.

The first two sets I had gotten from a mom and pop shop in the Philly Suburbs (Both with May 2012 build dates). After the second lemon, I asked for a refund and they said no problem. I then purchased the third set at BB (July 2012 build date). It wound up having dead pixels also. The 4th was the an exchange with BB. BBs return policy is now in the holiday return period if purchased after Nov 4 so you have until January 25th to return any item no questions asked.
post #7524 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 664 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Just saw the VT50 next to the Samsung E8000 at BB Magnolia, and to my surprise the Samsung was much sharper. I've not noticed that much difference before. Sharpness on the VT50 was set to 50. Both TVs were displaying the same content from ESPN and Fox Sports. I believe both of those are 720p channels. I don't know if DirectTV upscales to 1080i or they send it out native 720p. It was most noticable on the graphics and text.
Michael

DirecTV does not rescale 720p content; they send it out native.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #7525 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Michael

Were they both set to "Standard" pic setting and reset to be sure?

bob
post #7526 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Just set up my 55vt50 and it is just sick could not be happier...dumb newb question here but what is safe to use to clean the screen?
post #7527 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I was watching tv tonight and I suddenly noticed some IR, or at least I hope it is. I have not had this problem until now. If i watched tv channels with real bad logo's there would be some IR for maybe 10 minutes. Tonight there was very apparent IR and it has not disappeared after 6-7 hours of television viewing. Eventhough I know the particular channel has not been on for more then one hour, even with commercials, so no logo on their all the time. It has become a bit less and running a the pixel shifter on disney's wow bluray. has anyone noticed an increase in IR/burn in sensitivity? Or could this be a panel fault that developed?
post #7528 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 05:23 PM

I made a YouTube video showing the buzzing noise of my 65" VT50. It is crazy loud first the first 10 minutes then dies down after that to a normal light buzz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYagAkU4o88&feature=youtu.be

Does anyone else share this same problem? Any luck fixing it? Panasonic already sent someone out to try to fix it, and they are saying that they want to try again to send someone else out to fix it.

Thanks!
post #7529 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM

for those of you who have this great TV... how is the WEB browser? I'm thinking of buying the Samsung series due to it's superior web browsing experience, font and flash capability... any opinions out there.

thx
P.
post #7530 of 13961 Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawisious View Post

I made a YouTube video showing the buzzing noise of my 65" VT50. It is crazy loud first the first 10 minutes then dies down after that to a normal light buzz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYagAkU4o88&feature=youtu.be
Does anyone else share this same problem? Any luck fixing it? Panasonic already sent someone out to try to fix it, and they are saying that they want to try again to send someone else out to fix it.
Thanks!

They may try to switch out some screws internally as the simple fix. They may change out your board as a more comprehensive fix. That is what Panasonic concierge service told me when I contacted them about buzzing on my very first set. Returned three of them for dead pixels and/or buzzing and the 4th and newest is virtually silent even on a white break in slide. On my very small sample size, sets manufactured July 2012 or sooner will have a good chance to buzz. From people I've spoken with, the newest manufacture dates of sept and oct have had the problem corrected.... So if your set buzzes and you can hear it while watching a movie, then have them fix it as it is defective.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page