Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 271 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8101 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Member
 
jcm304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Odd.
Maybe, because I have absolutely no image persistence from my logo either.

I have this too. It didn't do it until I hooked everything up to my AVR. When I power everything on via my Harmony One, it cycles through turning on the receiver, TV, etc. Mine disappears when the screen "resets". Its not that it fades away after "Onkyo" and "Viera" logos are up, the screen literally refreshes after everything is powered on and goes to a completely black screen. A split second later the cable and or blu ray is ready to go.
jcm304 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8102 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm304 View Post

I didn't go out and get the first 50 cent TV stand I could find. Especially one where the width of the TV surpasses the stand itself. The salamander design is pretty sleek if you can afford it. It also complements more modern TV stands. Its not for everyone. But it does look sick in my SoHo apt in NYC.
There are some junk stands out there for sure. Tech Craft ABS60, for example, will not break the bank and look good.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #8103 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sequoia, CA
Posts: 30,239
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm304 View Post

I have this too. It didn't do it until I hooked everything up to my AVR. When I power everything on via my Harmony One, it cycles through turning on the receiver, TV, etc. Mine disappears when the screen "resets". Its not that it fades away after "Onkyo" and "Viera" logos are up, the screen literally refreshes after everything is powered on and goes to a completely black screen. A split second later the cable and or blu ray is ready to go.

Now I'm confused. I have a Harmony, so I have everything power up and it's sort of an odd sequence in that it does.

But that has nothing to do with image persistence. It's one thing to see the TV display its logo, it's another for the logo to persist after it's off the screen.

One of those is a power-on thing; the other is an image-retention irritation.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
rogo is offline  
post #8104 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Member
 
jcm304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Now I'm confused. I have a Harmony, so I have everything power up and it's sort of an odd sequence in that it does.
But that has nothing to do with image persistence. It's one thing to see the TV display its logo, it's another for the logo to persist after it's off the screen.
One of those is a power-on thing; the other is an image-retention irritation.

When I first got the TV I didn't have my Onkyo receiver or any receiver for a few weeks. I would just turn the TV on solo, it say Viera, and then it would start cable viewing. There was no ghost image of Viera up. Ever since I got my receiver/harmony setup, it turns the TV on first, shows Viera, Viera goes away, ghost image stays, shows Onkyo and the input menu (Can no longer see the Viera logo), Onkyo and input menu then go away and I am left with a mesh of ghosting of Onkyo, Viera, and input menu. They all then "reset" and cable starts to play or blu ray, or whatever I pressed on my Harmony remote to turn on. This all happens in about 3 seconds as everything is being turned on. I can try to take a video of it if you guys want to see whats going on. I felt it was odd but it never stays on the screen for more than a second. And the weirdest part of all is that when the Onkyo logo pops up you can't see the ghosting of the Viera logo. Its only when they are both done showing the logo that you see a mesh of ghosted logos for a second. I can't explain whats happening. I just ignore it now.
jcm304 is offline  
post #8105 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
scirica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX1
Posts: 1,663
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm304 View Post

When I first got the TV I didn't have my Onkyo receiver or any receiver for a few weeks. I would just turn the TV on solo, it say Viera, and then it would start cable viewing. There was no ghost image of Viera up. Ever since I got my receiver/harmony setup, it turns the TV on first, shows Viera, Viera goes away, ghost image stays, shows Onkyo and the input menu (Can no longer see the Viera logo), Onkyo and input menu then go away and I am left with a mesh of ghosting of Onkyo, Viera, and input menu. They all then "reset" and cable starts to play or blu ray, or whatever I pressed on my Harmony remote to turn on. This all happens in about 3 seconds as everything is being turned on. I can try to take a video of it if you guys want to see whats going on. I felt it was odd but it never stays on the screen for more than a second. And the weirdest part of all is that when the Onkyo logo pops up you can't see the ghosting of the Viera logo. Its only when they are both done showing the logo that you see a mesh of ghosted logos for a second. I can't explain whats happening. I just ignore it now.

Sounds like you've gotten over it, but it is a strange sequence for sure!

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scirica is offline  
post #8106 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Member
 
mvc753's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well I had my 65VT50 delivered Saturday and just had a chance to set it up today. I hooked up all my components, updated the software, and just flipped through some channels and tried the YouTube app. Everything seems great.

Is there anything I should be specifically looking for as far as potential defects? The screen appears very uniform upon first glance, and I don't have any physical damage or anything. The one thing I do notice, this being my first plasma, is a tiny bit of flicker. I'm extremely visually sensitive and I knew I would notice it, but I think I'll get used to it. The fans fired up when I was using the YouTube app, but they're not nearly as loud as my PS3 for example. Total non-issue. I plan on running slides for a few days but I'm not going go crazy with the break-in process. Mainly just run slides during the day and enjoy the TV in the evenings. My set was manufactured in October.
mvc753 is offline  
post #8107 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Newbie
 
moe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvc753 View Post

Well I had my 65VT50 delivered Saturday and just had a chance to set it up today. I hooked up all my components, updated the software, and just flipped through some channels and tried the YouTube app. Everything seems great.
Is there anything I should be specifically looking for as far as potential defects? The screen appears very uniform upon first glance, and I don't have any physical damage or anything. The one thing I do notice, this being my first plasma, is a tiny bit of flicker. I'm extremely visually sensitive and I knew I would notice it, but I think I'll get used to it. The fans fired up when I was using the YouTube app, but they're not nearly as loud as my PS3 for example. Total non-issue. I plan on running slides for a few days but I'm not going go crazy with the break-in process. Mainly just run slides during the day and enjoy the TV in the evenings. My set was manufactured in October.
moe1 is offline  
post #8108 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Newbie
 
moe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry how do you get the slides?
moe1 is offline  
post #8109 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
scirica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Dallas, TX1
Posts: 1,663
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1 View Post

Sorry how do you get the slides?

I found them via a link to Panasonic ST30 DIY Calibration and Settings Thread (here on this forum) Link is in first post.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scirica is offline  
post #8110 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
sdrucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

I found them via a link to Panasonic ST30 DIY Calibration and Settings Thread (here on this forum) Link is in first post.

Got our own VT50 today - after it's mounted on our stand tomorrow I'm going straight to the 100 hours break-in slides (when I don't have to defer the family and let them watch a little of the new TV).

Stuart

 

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

 

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sdrucker is online now  
post #8111 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
stevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 1,869
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mvc753, when you run the slides look carefully when each of the single colors (red, blue, green) come up, making sure that every pixel is illuminated. If you have any dead pixels. this is an easy way to identify them. My first set had one dead green pixel.

Steve
stevel is offline  
post #8112 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Member
 
Donat76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I picked up my P65VT50 last night from Best Buy but need to have someone come over to help me unbox it and put it on the stand. Does it need to be laid down on a flat surface to put the stand on or does the stand slide into a slot on the back of the TV while upright allowing one person to steady it while the other puts the screws in.
Donat76 is offline  
post #8113 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
nabsltd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Germantown, MD, USA
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donat76 View Post

I picked up my P65VT50 last night from Best Buy but need to have someone come over to help me unbox it and put it on the stand. Does it need to be laid down on a flat surface to put the stand on or does the stand slide into a slot on the back of the TV while upright allowing one person to steady it while the other puts the screws in.
Don't ever lay a plasma down flat...it's supposed to be bad for them. Just follow the instructions included in the box.

I put my P55VT50 onto the stand by myself, and I can't imagine the 65" would be that much heavier. Once the stand is assembled, the panel slides on and won't fall over even if you aren't holding it. You can then secure the panel to the stand using the included screws.
nabsltd is offline  
post #8114 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"
 
RandyWalters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: El Segundo, Calif
Posts: 17,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donat76 View Post

I picked up my P65VT50 last night from Best Buy but need to have someone come over to help me unbox it and put it on the stand. Does it need to be laid down on a flat surface to put the stand on or does the stand slide into a slot on the back of the TV while upright allowing one person to steady it while the other puts the screws in.

It doesn't hurt a Plasma to lay it down when installing the stand (for years most brands/models instructions said to lay it down on a bed or large table with padding when installing the stand) but nowadays since they're so light, it's better to just lower the TV onto the stand (this eliminates the chance of scratching the bezel or screen when laying it down). I've even tipped a few Plasmas up onto their side and had my helper hold it steady while i installed the stand from the side.

Here's a post about installing the stand:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/3780#post_22441667

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RandyWalters is offline  
post #8115 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Newbie
 
latinoking085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help me out??????
latinoking085 is offline  
post #8116 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Member
 
Donat76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

It doesn't hurt a Plasma to lay it down when installing the stand (for years most brands/models instructions said to lay it down on a bed or large table with padding when installing the stand) but nowadays since they're so light, it's better to just lower the TV onto the stand (this eliminates the chance of scratching the bezel or screen when laying it down). I've even tipped a few Plasmas up onto their side and had my helper hold it steady while i installed the stand from the side.
Here's a post about installing the stand:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/3780#post_22441667
Thank-you! That is exactly what I was looking for. I searched the forums looking for just such a post. I bought a #3 Phillips today because I wasn't sure what size the head was. Guess I won't need it but you can never have too many tools. smile.gif The tip about leaving the screws slightly loose to adjust the tilt... would of never thought about that.
Donat76 is offline  
post #8117 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Member
 
redgate7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

What I'm saying is that in my case, just using it longer evened it out. Using the panel prep slides would probably accomplish the same thing....maybe in less time.
Be sure to turn off pixel orbiter.

Thanks Jim. I ended up returning the set. Yesterday, my wife was watching Titanic. During a scene early in the movie, while Kate and Leo were on the deck, the bright spot made it look as though the sun was trying to poke through a sea of white clouds. The fact that it was showing up while watching real content made the decision for me. Can't imagine trying to watch hockey (whenever it comes back) and seeing that annoying spot.

Between the dinged up stand and the spot, my wife is convinced the set was used. I checked the hours and confirmed no hours were logged on the set. She thinks the counter must have been reset, but I don't know how that could be done.

In any event, the new set I picked up looks good so far. No apparent bright spots, vertical lines, dead or stuck pixels. Even seems quieter than the first set.

Thanks again for your input.
redgate7 is offline  
post #8118 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Newbie
 
latinoking085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurisk View Post

I have no idea what that is, doesn't look good though. Looks as if there's liquid behind the screen or something I'd call support and see what they can do. Fix it or replace.

Thanks for the input, did you get a chance to watch the video? the weird part is that it hasn't come back and the other part is that when you look directly at the tv you can't see it.. just from the left or the right side. Anyone have some other take on this??
latinoking085 is offline  
post #8119 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I posted this in the 2013 Panasonic thread but it's disolved into a p***ing contest (pun intended). I've decided against buying a used Elite Kuro (or even new) and getting a 65vt50 instead. I have had Elites for 6 years and have a 111fd (50 inch) right now. Anybody have any input for me? It would be appreciated.
Glashub is offline  
post #8120 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Newbie
 
latinoking085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

I posted this in the 2013 Panasonic thread but it's disolved into a p***ing contest (pun intended). I've decided against buying a used Elite Kuro (or even new) and getting a 65vt50 instead. I have had Elites for 6 years and have a 111fd (50 inch) right now. Anybody have any inpot for me? It would be appreciated.

We like our 65vt50 great picture quality on the presets and didn't go the slides route, instead watched blu-rays on zoom for over 100 hours and haven't had a IR at all..
latinoking085 is offline  
post #8121 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Newbie
 
audiophiler1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post

To access the service menu hold down vol - and while holding down vol - press info button 3 times

What do you press to get into isf day and isf night?
audiophiler1 is offline  
post #8122 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,716
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophiler1 View Post

What do you press to get into isf day and isf night?

Nothing, you need a program like Controlcal or calibration software like Calman to have access to ISF modes.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sillysally is offline  
post #8123 of 13739 Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Iron Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Congrats.
You don't need to use Controlcal for your VT50, all you need is Calman to assess and control your ISF modes via LAN (socket in calman, same as you would use to connect with controlcal)) using the DCC controls of Calman. Use the DCC controls to input brightness (55), contrast (81), sharpness (0), Color temp (Warm1), screen brightness (mid), gamma (2.2), turn off all enchantments for both night and day ISF modes. Then when you run the 3D LUT cube and your Mini 3D all you have to do is use your remote to set your VT50 to one of your ISF modes and then calibrate using the 3D LUT cube workflow.
These settings are a good starting point to use with the 3D LUT cube 125 point CMS and a 21 point gray scale calibration workflow, of-course using your Mini 3D.
Using your computer, I would minimize all running programs before starting the 3D LUT cube workflow.
Also if you are using Calman, do not use 504 RC1 (as of this post), use the posted CM5E 503.
Good luck,
ss

SillySally,

What do you set for Colorspace in the DDC ? Normal or Wide ?

By turning off all enchantments, u mean these ?

> black extension: 0
> contour emphasis: off (uncheck)
> AGC: 0
> C.A.T.S.: off (uncheck)

Anything else I'm missing ?

Thanks.

- M

calibration & profiling solutions: Lightspace, Spaceman, Calman, Argyll, ColorNavigator, basICColor
profiling & calibration workflow tools:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

meter: Klein K-10 A, i1Pro, i1D3
AVS thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Iron Mike is offline  
post #8124 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Member
 
azurisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoking085 View Post

Thanks for the input, did you get a chance to watch the video? the weird part is that it hasn't come back and the other part is that when you look directly at the tv you can't see it.. just from the left or the right side. Anyone have some other take on this??

I saw the video, i would worry about it becoming visible while looking directly at it. Just call support and see what they say.
azurisk is offline  
post #8125 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Member
 
azurisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Nothing, you need a program like Controlcal or calibration software like Calman to have access to ISF modes.
ss

There is actually a number to press to unlock ISF modes.
azurisk is offline  
post #8126 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoking085 View Post

We like our 65vt50 great picture quality on the presets and didn't go the slides route, instead watched blu-rays on zoom for over 100 hours and haven't had a IR at all..

Thank you for the feedback.
Glashub is offline  
post #8127 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Member
 
jcm304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

Sounds like you've gotten over it, but it is a strange sequence for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm304 View Post

When I first got the TV I didn't have my Onkyo receiver or any receiver for a few weeks. I would just turn the TV on solo, it say Viera, and then it would start cable viewing. There was no ghost image of Viera up. Ever since I got my receiver/harmony setup, it turns the TV on first, shows Viera, Viera goes away, ghost image stays, shows Onkyo and the input menu (Can no longer see the Viera logo), Onkyo and input menu then go away and I am left with a mesh of ghosting of Onkyo, Viera, and input menu. They all then "reset" and cable starts to play or blu ray, or whatever I pressed on my Harmony remote to turn on. This all happens in about 3 seconds as everything is being turned on. I can try to take a video of it if you guys want to see whats going on. I felt it was odd but it never stays on the screen for more than a second. And the weirdest part of all is that when the Onkyo logo pops up you can't see the ghosting of the Viera logo. Its only when they are both done showing the logo that you see a mesh of ghosted logos for a second. I can't explain whats happening. I just ignore it now.

Things got stranger last night when I added a Panamax surge protector/ power conditioner and 2 new audioquest cables. I know I know, most will say its expensive gear that doesn't help, but I got tired of reading peoples opinions and wanted to test out a few things on my own and see what happens with my own eyes. Figured I could always return it if I don't notice anything. Well, there is no more ghosting when I power on my TV now. I have no idea why it stopped by adding the Panamax and new cables to my system. But in all honesty, it has stopped the ghosting. As far as enhanced image quality, it does seem clearer, but too early to tell.
jcm304 is offline  
post #8128 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Member
 
Summit 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys…. I need some help. Not sure what’s going on here? Upgraded from a 55 vt50 to a 65 vt50. I have about 75 hours on it. I am breaking it in by just watching random shows in standard mode or cinema mode. All settings are factory default right out of the box. No customization at all. I even checked the panel brightness level in settings and its set at MID….which is factory default. Really nice overall picture except for the following problems. The whites are really glowing…. Sometimes so bright they make the numbers on NFL jerseys somewhat blurry when watching NFL games if the players are wearing white jerseys with dark numbers. Also, when watching NFL games the field always has a white reflective sheen over the entire field. It’s a very shinny glaze that doesn’t allow you to see the definition of the grass. With my 55 vt50, the picture was so sharp and clear that I could see individual blades of grass in all preset modes during NFL games with no sheen on the field whatsoever. It was stunning!
I tried all the different preset modes and even tried different TV channels to see if the sheen would go away but it never does. Also, I notice a slight focus delay from time to time on slow moving objects. My 55 vt50 never had either of these problems. Not sure if I have a bad TV or if it’s just what happens when you jump up to a larger size panel. Any thoughts?
Summit 1 is offline  
post #8129 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Member
 
mvc753's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel View Post

mvc753, when you run the slides look carefully when each of the single colors (red, blue, green) come up, making sure that every pixel is illuminated. If you have any dead pixels. this is an easy way to identify them. My first set had one dead green pixel.

I ran through the slides really quick. No dead pixels. I do notice pretty significant buzzing on the bright white slide, and of course it becomes quieter and quieter as I progress to the darker gray slides. Based on everything I've read, it's safe to assume this is normal and inherent in all plasmas, right?

I do notice the SLIGHTEST vertical banding on the bright green slide, but we're talking hardly noticeable. Everything else seems fine.
mvc753 is offline  
post #8130 of 13739 Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Member
 
mvc753's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
One more thing. Hope I don't get flamed for this but I looked and looked all over the forum and can't find a solid answer. Are there any specific settings I need to apply to my VT50 before I start running the slideshow? Aspect ratio? Orbiter? Sorry, I'm new to plasmas and want to make sure I have everything set up properly before I begin the break in process.
mvc753 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off