Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 349 - AVS Forum
First ... 347  348  349 350  351  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread
scirica's Avatar scirica 03:57 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by agriebel View Post

The HDMI cable on my VT50 sticks out a bit before it turns and hides behind the set. I was looking at one of the 90 degree adapters that are available from bluejeans or monocable. Has anybody used those?

I'm sure they work, and I've considered them myself, but I decided not to make any extra connections in my signal path. Not worth risking the signal degradation. I'd consider more pliable HDMI cables before the 90 degree adapters.

lees23's Avatar lees23 04:26 PM 02-24-2013
Hey guys/gals, quick question about network controls on my VT50.

I downloaded the "Roomie" app that is advertised on this site but am having some issues getting the TV to turn on via my phone. I have set "Wake on Lan" to on but the TV still wont go from Off to on unless you use the remote, not the app.

Any ideas? Anyone using this app?

Thanks.
lees23's Avatar lees23 04:34 PM 02-24-2013
I also changed "Power on link" from No to Yes in the the Viera Link menu
robnix's Avatar robnix 05:05 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

I'm sure they work, and I've considered them myself, but I decided not to make any extra connections in my signal path. Not worth risking the signal degradation. I'd consider more pliable HDMI cables before the 90 degree adapters.

I use them. They work just fine. Like anything else in your path, they'll either pass the signal or not.
scirica's Avatar scirica 05:10 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I use them. They work just fine. Like anything else in your path, they'll either pass the signal or not.
Do you use the ones from Monoprice?
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:20 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:

The HDMI cable on my VT50 sticks out a bit before it turns and hides behind the set. I was looking at one of the 90 degree adapters that are available from bluejeans or monocable. Has anybody used those?
I use one from Amazon. No problems here.
scirica's Avatar scirica 05:25 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I use one from Amazon. No problems here.
Did you use just one in each port or did you use two connected which would route the connector along the back of the panel versus pointed straight to the wall? I'm intrigued.
robnix's Avatar robnix 05:27 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:

Amazon. Shouldn't matter though.
robnix's Avatar robnix 05:28 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:

Did you use just one in each port or did you use two connected which would route the connector along the back of the panel versus pointed straight to the wall? I'm intrigued.

I use one in each port, but two should be fine. There's a picture floating around here somewhere of someone that put like 8 of them in a chain as a test and had zero issues.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:38 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:

I use 1 of these. That is all I need. Everything is routed through my receiver.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GHYBGK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
scirica's Avatar scirica 05:42 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

I use 1 of these. That is all I need. Everything is routed through my receiver.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006GHYBGK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks...I think Robnix got what I was going for...trying to do an extra 90 degree bend to route the cables parallel to the back of the panel. I'll have to look for that thread that shows the "chain" to prove they work without signal degradation.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 05:54 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:

Thanks...I think Robnix got what I was going for...trying to do an extra 90 degree bend to route the cables parallel to the back of the panel. I'll have to look for that thread that shows the "chain" to prove they work without signal degradation.
My cable runs straight down and then parallel sideways. You cant possibly make it more flush.
Just realized though that if you are using multiple HDMI ports you could not run the cable downward. They would hit each other. If you take a good look at the adaptor though it is better than a right angle. It is a swivel adaptor 0-180.
dakall's Avatar dakall 07:59 PM 02-24-2013
I use these cable with a 90 degree connector, Works great and fits great. The trick was to find the kind that had the direction of the connector facing the correct way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D5GXQI/
scirica's Avatar scirica 08:48 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakall View Post

I use these cable with a 90 degree connector, Works great and fits great. The trick was to find the kind that had the direction of the connector facing the correct way.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D5GXQI/

Right, which are the 270 degree one for the VT50. Ordered some today.
Einskaldir's Avatar Einskaldir 09:12 PM 02-24-2013
I wasn't sure whether or not to go with the adapter or more pliable cable myself. I ended up purchasing 4 of the Mediabridge "flex" cables off Amazon simply because I had gift card credit there (free, yay!), needed 10 foot cords, and read another thread where someone with a VT50 was happy with them not extending beyond the edge of the TV.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005T3KH6A/

The cables have a slight bit of tension on them due to how I have things wired and they certainly do not come out beyond the edge of the TV like one of the much thicker HDMI cables did (that my parents let me borrow until my cables arrived). I definitely like these cables, although I'm a little worried that my cord-eating cat may chomp them in half before I mount my TV onto the wall. =)
dvzzz's Avatar dvzzz 09:30 PM 02-24-2013
What is the starting setting for Sharpness on VT50? Is it 50 or 0? When I slide to "0" I see negative impact on Sharpness of the picture. Image gets too soft, 50 seems good but I keep reading it should be at "0" or 1-3 no more than that. What is the answer here? Thanks.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 09:35 PM 02-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post

What is the starting setting for Sharpness on VT50? Is it 50 or 0? When I slide to "0" I see negative impact on Sharpness of the picture. Image gets too soft, 50 seems good but I keep reading it should be at "0" or 1-3 no more than that. What is the answer here? Thanks.
Most people set it between 0 and 10 but that can depend on other settings also. Set it where it looks good to you.
cast away's Avatar cast away 04:03 AM 02-25-2013
Does anyone experience mosquito noise on Panasonic 55VT50 with Blu-ray movies? The noise is a litter bit less when I set 1080p pure direct and motion smoother "off" but the motion looks terrible. Your advice to fix the mosquito noise is highly appreciated.
robnix's Avatar robnix 06:00 AM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cast away View Post

Does anyone experience mosquito noise on Panasonic 55VT50 with Blu-ray movies? The noise is a litter bit less when I set 1080p pure direct and motion smoother "off" but the motion looks terrible. Your advice to fix the mosquito noise is highly appreciated.

I think you may be confusing noise with film grain.
casey 2823's Avatar casey 2823 07:41 AM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

I recommend using d-nice's settings, they are FAR better than the thx modes.

I've only had the tv for a couple of weeks but I'd like to tweak it a little bit. So, as I asked above are the "back office" custom settings the same settings as the thx cinema settings initially except for contrast, brightness, tint, sharpness, etc...on the first page of settings? I'm wondering if the gamma, greyscale, etc... is the same as the thx settings? I'm not ready to go into any pro settings just custom as I'm still being conservative with my settings since the tv is still very new. I just feel I should be able to make some simple improvements to the thx settings but using custom. I don't want to change any of the thx settings. I'd rather use custom to play around and compare against each other. However, it's not really a comparison if the thx "back office" settings aren't the same as custom. Hope this makes sense and sorry I know this posting is wordier than it needs to be and I don't want to waste anyone's time.
mo949's Avatar mo949 08:08 AM 02-25-2013
Not the same
RandyWalters's Avatar RandyWalters 08:36 AM 02-25-2013
Quote:

I use two such adapters on each of my four HDMI cables on my GT50 with zero issues, and i have used them on various other installs and haven't gotten any call-backs.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2700#post_22205675

Monoprice #3850
Tony1's Avatar Tony1 09:05 AM 02-25-2013
Just received my vt50 55" an hour ago, from Paul's TVs.. Right out of the box set to thx cinema, the picture looks great.. No buzzing heard yet.. All though you can sure feel the rush
of air delivered via the fans doing their jobs.. I also have a gt50, and i feel from my intial viewing, that there is more than a noticable difference in PQ between the two.. After i wall
mount the vt50, then i will be able to make more of a comparison, since they will be literally walll mounted on the same side of the wall and only about 6 feet apart..

IMG_20130205_223451_698.jpg 1479k .jpg file
Attached: IMG_20130205_223451_698.jpg (1.44 MB) 
scirica's Avatar scirica 10:01 AM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

I use two such adapters on each of my four HDMI cables on my GT50 with zero issues, and i have used them on various other installs and haven't gotten any call-backs.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1403635/official-panasonic-gt50-series-discussion-thread-no-street-price-talk/2700#post_22205675

Monoprice #3850

That's what I'm going to try this week. Using 2 of these 270 degree connectors together to route the cable back around the panel. Glad to hear it doesn't mess with the PQ!

I've purchased two from Monoprice and two from Amazon and will be comparing both. I'm not expecting any issues however. (Only using two HDMI ports)
dasnub's Avatar dasnub 01:23 PM 02-25-2013
Trying to figure out if I'm crazy. Bought this tv two weeks ago and I SWEAR the picture went edge to edge. Charter came out today to fix the cable and now I'm noticing a 1/8" border all around the screen (on all sources.) Resetting/adjusting aspect ratios does nothing. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?
mkerdman's Avatar mkerdman 01:26 PM 02-25-2013
Does the 65VT50 have (A) MHL Mobile High-Definition Link and (B) WiDi Intel® Wireless Display compatibility built in?
JSpectre88's Avatar JSpectre88 01:30 PM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasnub View Post

Trying to figure out if I'm crazy. Bought this tv two weeks ago and I SWEAR the picture went edge to edge. Charter came out today to fix the cable and now I'm noticing a 1/8" border all around the screen (on all sources.) Resetting/adjusting aspect ratios does nothing. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal?

You're crazy. It was always there. biggrin.gif
dasnub's Avatar dasnub 01:40 PM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

You're crazy. It was always there. biggrin.gif

Phew. Last thing I need is a border burned into the edges only to have it go back full screen one day!
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 03:12 PM 02-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasnub View Post

All flat panels that I've examined have a very small dead area between the active part of the screen and the bezel. You can check for yourself with a calibration disk. wink.gif
nabsltd's Avatar nabsltd 03:41 PM 02-25-2013
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

I use two different ones from Monoprice:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=3850
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=4859

I use the second version on the bottom port, so the cable goes straight down.

Both work fine, and I like the fact that they came with dust caps on all the connectors, so the unused ports are covered.
Tags: Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 347  348  349 350  351  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop