Forum Jump: 

post #10531 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Yes, I have a 65GT50 and 65VT50. GT shows the 'blotches', VT does not. I think it's normal, no need for concern mate.
My VT50 shows the white blotches. I use the Harmony One remote. It doesn't always do it but it does sometimes. I even set up the TV to power on last and added 10 seconds but it still will do it at times. Hopefully it's normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3740 View Post

I still have the shipping crate mine came in. The trash man is coming tomorrow. Sure would like to get rid of it. My question is,...how long of a break-in period do these go through before you feel as if your " over the hump" ...The service that dropped it off and set it up( through Amazon) said if it makes it a week , it usually is good to go....You agree with him?

Just from personal experience, I would hold onto it until you're out of the return window if you don't have the space for it somewhere. I had to return two VT50's, one of which I did under 7 days and another which I did almost 30 days out. When I reference the "return window", I'm talking about Amazon's 30 day (not sure since I used BB) window that lets you exchange it for another. I imagine if you're already very happy with the set and it has no problems (dead pixels, etc.) then you probably won't return it...but you never know! wink.gif
post #10533 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

The probability that any electronic devise will fail decreases with use. That doesn't mean that owning a device for a week means that it won't fail. That's why there is a one year warranty. Almost all electronic devices are "good to go" right out of the box. The "guy" who delivered your TV was basically a truck driver. wink.gif

I realize that I was making a generalization .But, I;m not going to keep this big box for a year-just in case it blows up. I m not up on electronics that much anymore. We race cars, and in our world, if it makes it off the dyno, it will usually make it through the race..Not always, but usually . I was just asking " how long is a normal dyno session? LOL

I just saw Einskaldirs response...Thanks for the info. I'll keep it another couple weeks then. I love the TV. I was concerned as we had a very nice 50 LG Plasma, but this is every bit as nice. The background images are not as clear/sharp( lets say someone is sitting in the back of a room ,but someone else is in front of them. The front person is unbelievably clear but the rearward persons face is not as sharp as the forward one. ) Its better since it has some hours on it. On blu rays ( oppo 103) it's stellar. We rented a 3d to try out in the next couple days.
post #10534 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLovinAV View Post

Actually, thank you for the novel! It made me feel a bit better. I decided to go for another spin of the panel lottery and asked Amazon for a replacement. It should be here a week from today. Interestingly, while my current set was delivered by CEVA, the replacement will be delivered by Pilot. I wonder how Amazon decides which delivery service to engage. Pilot made it very clear that they won't install the stand, which CEVA was willing to do when I provided the screwdriver. Anyway, here's hoping the replacement is relatively quiet. The buzzing on the current set is so loud I've gone back to watching my old TV! I do not understand how Panasonic lets things roll off the assembly line this way.

Glad you enjoyed the novel. smile.gif I agree with Mo949 in that while you may hear a very slight buzzing noise, you should not hear it when you have the television playing a movie/station with normal sound. I do feel that I have sensitive ears when it comes to slight buzzing noises, and my first two sets were noticeably louder when buzzing on a white prep panel screen than my current set. I can still hear a buzzing when I use the prep panel slides, although it differs drastically based on the solid color which is showing at the time. I sit about 8-9 feet back from my TV though and have no problems whatsover when viewing normal TV content, movie or cable. The altitude question is a good one. I did read they can have a tendency to buzz more at higher altitudes. Fortunately I live at a fairly low one. wink.gif Good luck and please let us know how the next set goes. Hopefully you won't have to go through any more beyond that!
post #10535 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einskaldir View Post

Glad you enjoyed the novel. smile.gif I agree with Mo949 in that while you may hear a very slight buzzing noise, you should not hear it when you have the television playing a movie/station with normal sound. I do feel that I have sensitive ears when it comes to slight buzzing noises, and my first two sets were noticeably louder when buzzing on a white prep panel screen than my current set. I can still hear a buzzing when I use the prep panel slides, although it differs drastically based on the solid color which is showing at the time. I sit about 8-9 feet back from my TV though and have no problems whatsover when viewing normal TV content, movie or cable. The altitude question is a good one. I did read they can have a tendency to buzz more at higher altitudes. Fortunately I live at a fairly low one. wink.gif Good luck and please let us know how the next set goes. Hopefully you won't have to go through any more beyond that!

Amazons delivery service ( Eagle out of Columbus Ohio) .Stayed at my house for over an hour and helped me take the old one off the wall, take it off the LG,remount it to the Panny , and re hang it. Its a swivel mount and took a while. I was impressed.
post #10536 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouss View Post

My AV receiver of 3 years just went bad so it's time for a new one. I'd thought I go ahead and ask you guys for any recommendations on a new one. I would greatly appreciate it. cool.gif

I've got an older Denon AVR-3311. I've been very happy with it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new Denon's.
post #10537 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Liked: 15
im thinking about purchasing the TC-P65VT50. I just would like to here from people who own this tv, I will be using it for 10-20 hours a week gaming in a fairly bright room, 3d movies with the kids and so on. Do you think this is a good tv for this?

FW 15.3 PSB, Now where did I put my beer?
post #10538 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbender View Post

im thinking about purchasing the TC-P65VT50. I just would like to here from people who own this tv, I will be using it for 10-20 hours a week gaming in a fairly bright room, 3d movies with the kids and so on. Do you think this is a good tv for this?
Yes.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #10539 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

You've come to a place where we love our VT50's. It's a good tv for everything in my opinion.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10540 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 08:11 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by smjbh5 View Post

Are the panasonic or the samsung glasses the only options for this tv? I need 2 pair for the kids (young), and a pair for the wife and myself. I didnt buy this tv for the 3d. I have a couple of 3d movies already (cars 2 and avengers. the combo pack was cheaper than the 2d version). We will not be watching a ton of 3d. Which ones should i get?
Anyone?
post #10541 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Anyone?

I have a pair of the Pannys and bought 2 pairs of the samsungs. I like the design of the pannys better but the Samsungs function just as well, and are only $20. Thats much less than the Panasonic glasses, so really up to how much you want to spend.

post #10542 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

I have a pair of the Pannys and bought 2 pairs of the samsungs. I like the design of the pannys better but the Samsungs function just as well, and are only $20. Thats much less than the Panasonic glasses, so really up to how much you want to spend.

Both are fine - i've seen used samsungs on amazon for as low as $10.00.

Looky here!
post #10543 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Would you happen to the the model mumber for the samsungs? There are a few different ones out there
post #10544 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

Would you happen to the the model mumber for the samsungs? There are a few different ones out there

http://reviews.cnet.com/home-entertainment-accessories/samsung-ssg-4100gb-2012/4505-7855_7-35171447.html

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10545 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-4100GB-Active-Glasses-Models/dp/B007K9P7H0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1361942933&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+blu+ray+3d+glasses

Looky here!
post #10546 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 PM

post #10547 of 13739 Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post

You've come to a place where we love our VT50's. It's a good tv for everything in my opinion.
Yep, it is not only the best unit of 2012-2013, it is a solid unit. May the models this coming year be as good or better. ( No step backwards please wink.gif )

Grab one while you can from your dealer of choice, they are going fast. 55VT50 are almost gone now..........

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #10548 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 01:37 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I would say, your best bet is find an lcd or led, with a high motion refresh rate.. Gaming will seriously up your chances of "Image retention", plus lcds do better in brighter rooms,, also lcds are low maintenence tvs and will probably last longer, and handle the abuse from the kids....I think the perfect tv for your needs is the LG 55lm7600..
Its a great looking tv,, isnt too expensive,, and i feel its 3d performance is one of the best you can get, the kids will love it, thats for sure..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #10549 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150zx View Post

Yes, I have a 65GT50 and 65VT50. GT shows the 'blotches', VT does not. I think it's normal, no need for concern mate.
Thats great to hear! At least if my tv blows up, its comforting to know that yours is next in line to explode as well:D j/k

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
post #10550 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mammoth View Post

Quote:

Some here have said they use these as well. More expensive than the Samsung's but less than the Panasonic's (unless you find them on sale).

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Product.aspx?l=00010001000100090000&p=A1S01275
post #10551 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

Do you live at a higher altitude? Also, if you do hear it again, try unpluggin everything on the circuit your tv is connected to and then listening for it. I've heard that some lights/appliances can be plugged into the same circuit that can increase the 'buzz' on plasma televisions. From hearing everyones anecdotes I think this may be true, because it always seems like the same person with the problem has had the problem with other tv's as well. I don't buy that its hearing related, since I have very good ears still myself.

You should hear a slight sound during bright screens with sound muted, but you should not hear it with even minimal tv volume on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einskaldir View Post

Thanks folks. I do not live at a higher altitude. I have already tried unplugging the local electronics as I initially thought the buzzing may be due to some sort of shielding problem, but that didn't help, and I think its a safe assumption that my other TV, cable box, and BD player are adequately shielded. Nothing else is plugged into the circuit. At this point I really believe that the inductors or transformers inside the VT50 are faulty.

Just another recently married guy trying to find time to play with his toys...
post #10552 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29

Thanks, I just ordered one, for that price, why not. I may end up buying the Panasonic version at some point, but without a 3D player right now, I'm just going to play with the 2D to 3D conversions.
post #10553 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Yep, it is not only the best unit of 2012-2013, it is a solid unit. May the models this coming year be as good or better. ( No step backwards please wink.gif )

Grab one while you can from your dealer of choice, they are going fast. 55VT50 are almost gone now..........

Indeed, I got the last one at a local BestBuy, it was an "open box", which I have NEVER done before, but for $1500.00, it was worth rolling the dice, the screen looked fine, and it seems to be working fine, NO "IR" from what I can tell, checked the service menu and it showed 80 hours of on time, so it's been kinda broken in for me. AT BB they could not tell me why it was returned, but the speculation was some folks buy HDTV's for the SuperBowl, then return them, but no way to know, at least with only 80 hours on it, I know it was not an "in store" shelf/demo model, or it would have had a lot more hours on it. While the 2013 model could potentially have a better picture, often there are just some "toy" updates, like being able to talk to your TV, etc., which I don't care about, but at the price I got the open box for, I think I really won't care what this years model has, the picture on this thing is FANTASTIC!
post #10554 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

Thanks, I just ordered one, for that price, why not. I may end up buying the Panasonic version at some point, but without a 3D player right now, I'm just going to play with the 2D to 3D conversions.

The only real advantages the Panasonic glasses have are:

1) They're rechargeable.
2) The sides can help block out ambient light.

Looky here!
post #10555 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The only real advantages the Panasonic glasses have are:

1) They're rechargeable.
2) The sides can help block out ambient light.

Thanks, I'm not sure "rechargeable" is a plus, as opposed to just putting in new button batteries when you need to. No wait if you have a spare battery, and no extra charging wall units. But if I do end up with the Pana version, I then have 2 sets, one for a guest. Next decision is going to be the extended warranty for the 55" TV itself, I normally don't buy them, but this being an open box purchase, it's a roll of the dice, and very heavy to have to ship to some repair place if I ever had to. Always a gamble I guess. Thanks for your help!
post #10556 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, I'm not sure "rechargeable" is a plus, as opposed to just putting in new button batteries when you need to. No wait if you have a spare battery, and no extra charging wall units. But if I do end up with the Pana version, I then have 2 sets, one for a guest. Next decision is going to be the extended warranty for the 55" TV itself, I normally don't buy them, but this being an open box purchase, it's a roll of the dice, and very heavy to have to ship to some repair place if I ever had to. Always a gamble I guess. Thanks for your help!

I just charge our pannys off the USB ports on the TV. Takes less then five minutes to get enough juice for one movie.

Looky here!
post #10557 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I charge them when I get done each time. They last for about 10hrs if I remember right.

post #10558 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Thats great to hear! At least if my tv blows up, its comforting to know that yours is next in line to explode as well:D j/k

LOL Then, you just upgrade!! wink.gif
post #10559 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just charge our pannys off the USB ports on the TV. Takes less then five minutes to get enough juice for one movie.

Yeah, I read that PANY recommends charging off the TV set itself, but that suggestion seems "odd", any USB device should require 5volts, and I have a ton of iPhone/iPad chargers that SHOULD be capable of doing the charging. Does the TV have to be "ON" to deliver a charge to the glasses?
post #10560 of 13739 Old 02-27-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yeah, I read that PANY recommends charging off the TV set itself, but that suggestion seems "odd", any USB device should require 5volts, and I have a ton of iPhone/iPad chargers that SHOULD be capable of doing the charging. Does the TV have to be "ON" to deliver a charge to the glasses?
Yes. If I remember right a full charge from dead takes about 30 min. I never let mine get dead. I charge them when Im done and when I get them out the next time they have a full charge. Which I believe is good for about 10 hrs.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page