He knows all of that. Finding a plasma is not as easy as just going out and getting one when you want too. Plus you have to consider hours and other things. He has been looking but opted to spend 1/2 on the Sharp, and hold the other 1/2 until his house is built in hopes he would find a VT for sale around here. The reason he wants to trade for my VT is that it is only 14 months old, has almost 2 years warranty left, plus he knows how I treat my gear. And its calibrated. If he can find a second he would buy it, if not he'd get a second 70".
As far as a $5k ZT, we will just disagree because it aint my money so I dont care. The reliability of these sets has not been exactly peachy the last few years, so there is no way in hell Id drop $5k on something that is not made anymore from a company leaving the tv business, in hopes it lasts 3-5 years. On top of that, there is a 55" LG OLED for $4200.