Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 461 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #13801 of 13804 Old Yesterday, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So the NZ/AU version has no HDMI or DVI setting (which the manual clearly states there is) I want to set it to 0-255 and let the HTPC renderer convert to 16-235.. any way to do this?
I've set the PC to output 0-255 but test patterns showing 0-25 don't flash at all. I've also tried a HDMI to DVI cable in the hope the TV was smart enough to give me options that way.. but nope. I tried all 4 connectors and had no luck with any options showing or the TV detecting a 0-255 PC signal.

W T F.

Do I have to bite the bullet on 16-235?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13802 of 13804 Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 215
ryrynz,

What happens when you set your PC to output 16-235....or does it allow you to do so?

Typically, the display looks at the EDID information contained in the HDMI stream and negotiates the signal type.

Also, is this using the Intel HD Video 4000....the built in video or a separate video card? Seems that many have to go with a seperate video card to get the proper output.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #13803 of 13804 Old Today, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
ryrynz,

What happens when you set your PC to output 16-235....or does it allow you to do so?

Typically, the display looks at the EDID information contained in the HDMI stream and negotiates the signal type.

Also, is this using the Intel HD Video 4000....the built in video or a separate video card? Seems that many have to go with a seperate video card to get the proper output.
Found out how to fix it. Pretty crappy way to do it tho.

Use a DVI to HDMI cable. Use Custom resolution utility (CRU) untick include extension block and the DVI option appears to set 0-255.
Only thing is with that though I'd need a DVI + Optical converter to HDMI for my receiver..

Can we not get someone to tell Panasonic to patch the TV's firmware to allow for 0-255 / 16-235 selection regardless of it being a DVI or HDMI input? Anyone know anyone at Panasonic?
post #13804 of 13804 Old Today, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

Any idea how to have an HDMi output from a Nvidia 750 Ti be detected as 0-255? I set the content type as desktop applications but the TV still sets it's black level to normal..
Can't believe it can't even auto detect the level range.. Why is something so basic not done automatically? They've had untold years to sort this out.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread