Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 471 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 78Likes

post #14101 of 14136 Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 210
No plasma I have ever owned buzzed.
Philips something or other.
Pro 150
Pro 151
VT 25
VT 50
F8500

Perhaps I misremembered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14102 of 14136 Old 01-04-2016, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
No plasma I have ever owned buzzed.
Philips something or other.
Pro 150
Pro 151
VT 25
VT 50
F8500
Your 5080 didn't buzz on full white scenes? Mine did...
post #14103 of 14136 Old 01-06-2016, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Whisper quiet.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #14104 of 14136 Old 01-10-2016, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Sorry if this has be addressed, but I could not find an answer when doing a search of this thread. I have a region free DVD player that works fine with my Sammy UHD TV. On my VT50, however, when I try to play a region 2 DVD, I get audio but no video. I assume it is because the discs are PAL. Has anyone been able to play DVDs that are not region 1 on the VT50? If so, are there settings on the TV that I need to change? Thanks for any help.

Lee Mathre
Las Vegas, NV
post #14105 of 14136 Old 01-10-2016, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Pal won't work. You'll need to convert to ntsc. Some region frees players have that ability. For blurry its 24p so non issue.
post #14106 of 14136 Old 01-10-2016, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Issue with bluetooth

Hi,

Have had the 55" version of the Rv for a while, never used the Bluetooth function nor the little mouse wand thingy. Tried to use it recently and it's as if the to doesn't have a working Bluetooth module, the initial set up process doesn't go through the process as per the manual to set up and pair with the wand, nor does the Bluetooth menus allow you to pair with the wand or with anything Bluetooth, it's as if the item I need to select is disabled, I Se the word access in the Bluetooth menu, but on trying to confirm it just does nothing.. Anything I can do to test or check if the Bluetooth module is stuff from day one? Thanks
post #14107 of 14136 Old 01-10-2016, 10:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Liked: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
I think the above-linked folks are no longer in the business, alas.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic it's one of the other parts... Once I finally see the code, I'll report back
So, update for the curious... I've now gotten 4 full watching days without any shutdowns. Things seem as good as ever. #knockonwood

Everyone's help was greatly appreciated.

And you may ask yourself well how did I get here?
And you may ask yourself am I right? Am I wrong?
And you may say to yourself yourself: What have I done?!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Once you let the trolls run the bridge, you have a bridge run by trolls. I'll be back.
post #14108 of 14136 Old 01-11-2016, 03:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaboobi View Post
Hi,

Have had the 55" version of the Rv for a while, never used the Bluetooth function nor the little mouse wand thingy. Tried to use it recently and it's as if the to doesn't have a working Bluetooth module, the initial set up process doesn't go through the process as per the manual to set up and pair with the wand, nor does the Bluetooth menus allow you to pair with the wand or with anything Bluetooth, it's as if the item I need to select is disabled, I Se the word access in the Bluetooth menu, but on trying to confirm it just does nothing.. Anything I can do to test or check if the Bluetooth module is stuff from day one? Thanks
I found a trouble tree in the ST60 manual. Maybe this will help sort things out.

ST60 BT.pdf
post #14109 of 14136 Old 01-11-2016, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Pal won't work. You'll need to convert to ntsc. Some region frees players have that ability. For blurry its 24p so non issue.
Thanks. Unfortunately this player does not have that option.

Lee Mathre
Las Vegas, NV
post #14110 of 14136 Old 02-15-2016, 10:50 AM

Blue Pixels

Hello VT50 Owners. I have been coming to this thread for over two years since researching and then purchasing my P65VT50. Thanks to everyone for all of the good information that has been posted here. I'm hoping you all can help me out with this one. A few months ago (early summer) I noticed when playing video games primarily I would see blue pixels sometimes come up on the right side of the panel. It would come and go. I finally got tired of this and had a local shop look at the TV. They came and took it to their shop. After a couple of weeks they couldn't find anything. I sent them a video I posted online to ensure they knew what they were looking for. They brought it back, said they fixed some bad grounding, hung it and left. The next day I still saw the issue. Here is the video I sent them:
Is this fixable? If so how? Any ideas at this point are helpful and welcomed. Thanks!
post #14111 of 14136 Old 02-15-2016, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

I can't see your video, but from your description this reminds me of an issue that's popped up from time to time and would normally be called 'sparkles'. I'm not sure if they were HDMI sparkles or not since they haven't happened to me, but the first thing I would do is find a repeateable instance of it and then swap out HDMI cords for whatever source you are using (and possibly cut out any middlemen) to verify this isn't what you are getting. I think there's also voltage reasons this can happen and settings like vivid and panel brightness high could affect it. User DVDMD1 fixed the issue on his, but never described how to fix it here unfortunately.
post #14112 of 14136 Old 02-15-2016, 03:08 PM

Thanks mo949. I just PM'd DVDMD1 so hopefully I'll hear back on what the issue was for him. I have tried multiple brands of HDMI cables, lengths, inputs, and devices. I can replicate this across the board with any configuration going direct to the TV with no receiver either. Just odd. Hoping something can salvage this set as otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do with it.
post #14113 of 14136 Old 02-15-2016, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Hopefully you hear back. May be the hdmi board even
post #14114 of 14136 Old 02-15-2016, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hard to believe it's been almost 4 years and I still love my set.

Sorry just a little reminiscent I guess.
post #14115 of 14136 Old 02-26-2016, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Help Please

My mom's Panasonic VT50 55" TV that we bought in 2012, screen just went black and the power button red light blinks. Wont come back on.

So then she unplugged it for 5min, plugged it back in, and well, it worked again. Then about 15min later did same thing but this time quickly flashed blue lines across the screen before going dead again.

She can't keep unplugging it to watch it for 15min at a time, so was just curious if anyone else has heard of this issue, and if there is a fix.

Just want to try here before we call a repair technician. Thanks for any input.
post #14116 of 14136 Old 02-26-2016, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelxD View Post
My mom's Panasonic VT50 55" TV that we bought in 2012, screen just went black and the power button red light blinks. Wont come back on.

So then she unplugged it for 5min, plugged it back in, and well, it worked again. Then about 15min later did same thing but this time quickly flashed blue lines across the screen before going dead again.

She can't keep unplugging it to watch it for 15min at a time, so was just curious if anyone else has heard of this issue, and if there is a fix.

Is there a pattern with the red flashes such as 4 flashes, pause, 4 plashes, pause? If you detect a pattern, you should then be able to find what is causing the problem with a service manual or just searching it. That will at least give an idea of the problem.

post #14117 of 14136 Old 02-26-2016, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 443
Quote:

Sounds like capacitator issues. I could be wrong. Most likely you need a repair.

Looky here!
post #14118 of 14136 Old 02-27-2016, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
Is there a pattern with the red flashes such as 4 flashes, pause, 4 plashes, pause? If you detect a pattern, you should then be able to find what is causing the problem with a service manual or just searching it. That will at least give an idea of the problem.
Thanks for the help, ok, so yes, there seems to be 7 flashes, then a pause, 7 flashes, then pause, etc..

I can not find her manual anymore, so I do not know what this means for a VT50. It appears online though I found it means a possible bad circuit board from another model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
Sounds like capacitator issues. I could be wrong. Most likely you need a repair.
Thanks for chiming in robnix, long time no talk. Thing is, is whatever is wrong, we are hoping the fix would not have us need to recalibrate the TV, as we had it professionally done, and we really like it. Robert said of course he has the same settings he could pop in there, BUT this doesn't always equal the correct calibration again if there is a new part installed in the TV.
post #14119 of 14136 Old 02-27-2016, 03:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Thanks for the help, ok, so yes, there seems to be 7 flashes, then a pause, 7 flashes, then pause, etc..

I can not find her manual anymore, so I do not know what this means for a VT50. It appears online though I found it means a possible bad circuit board from another model.

Thanks for chiming in robnix, long time no talk. Thing is, is whatever is wrong, we are hoping the fix would not have us need to recalibrate the TV, as we had it professionally done, and we really like it. Robert said of course he has the same settings he could pop in there, BUT this doesn't always equal the correct calibration again if there is a new part installed in the TV.
Here's a link for the blink code for the ST50. I doubt Panasonic would have gone to the trouble to make different blink codes for the VT50. http://www.scribd.com/doc/227870437/...ries-TM#scribd

A page or two further back is a post linking you to the VT50 service manual PDF.
post #14120 of 14136 Old 03-04-2016, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Two blown out boards

Hi, I recently had a lighting bolt grace my home with it's presence and it basically took out my two Panny's along with various other components. Surge protectors were in play but they didn't do their job.
The electrician was out yesterday and gave me the estimates. The 6 year old Panny had the 10 blinking lights problem and the quote with repairs was over 700.00. It's history.
My VT50 which I love ended up with two boards that are toast. The main power board and the hdmi board that was replaced already last year. The price quote is just under a grand for that set. My three year extended warranty was up in November and I'm still dealing with homeowners on the coverage.
I've since ordered a sonyxbr930c to replace the older Panny and I'm not sure what to do with the VT. Do you recommend replacing these boards or retiring this set too. 500.00 and under would be a no brainer to keep and repair but 1000.00 for a set out of warranty scares me. This will be the second time the TV has went haywire and who knows what other damage the energy spike caused on other boards that will show up down the road.
I was hoping to get at least 7 years out of this set but now I'm debating what to do.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
post #14121 of 14136 Old 03-04-2016, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Look on Google, Ebay, Amazon, etc for the boards you need. I had a bad board on my 60ZT60, bought a used board and fixed it myself. Piece of cake. I still have my 55VT50, as a backup I guess in case the ZT dies.

On a sort of related note- since they are close enough in design, - I used to mess around with posted settings, and calibration disks on my 55VT50- WOW and Spears, D-nice and others settings. On my ZT60, I decided to see what the real data was and well, last weekend I had Chad B come to my house to tune my ZT60.. no comparison.

If anyone is considering having their TV tuned, he is very good at what he does. If anyone wants to see the difference he made, here are the charts-

Official ZT60 Owners Thread
Chad B likes this.
post #14122 of 14136 Old 03-04-2016, 08:04 PM

Hey Powerdubs, thanks for the reply.
I watched the technician replace my hdmi board last year and that looked pretty straight forward. I'm a little more concerned about the main power board. Is this equally as simple or are more steps involved. I'm also leary of doing this myself just incase something that was overlooked by the technician pops up and then I'm back to square one with less money in my wallet.
I was never one for extended warranties but these days, I think it's a must. My last four tvs including my pioneer elite all went tits up in less than 4 years. That's why I'm leaning on grabbing another 4k set and stacking on 5 or so years worth of protection just for the peace of mind. I don't want to be holding my breath every time I turn on my VT.
This really blows because I love this set.
post #14123 of 14136 Old 03-05-2016, 01:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando1 View Post
This really blows because I love this set.
Me too. I think I'd rather spend money keeping my VT50 going than spend $5K on a new set.
post #14124 of 14136 Old 03-06-2016, 04:12 AM

Decided to get the set fixed but I have to put in a wait for the parts and service date. I'm apprehensive as hell but what are you gonna do.
On another note, took a smaller tv downstairs to assess the damage and it turns out I lost nearly all my components. My Marantz receiver is toast, ps4....cooked. Jailbroken Fire TV is kaput. 3d blue ray turns on but no picture. I needed to upgrade my receiver anyway to a 2.2 model but I was nowhere near ready to make the transition.
Also my original fat PS3 chrome that I simply keep for display is done as well. Not even plugged in but the hdmi cable was and that's all it took. Paid 600.00 for it back in the day and it was mint.
8k out the window because of a passing angry cloud.
post #14125 of 14136 Old 03-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Liked: 0
Plasma buyers guide calibration links

My first post here folks and apologies if this has been addressed. I've relied getting my calibration settings from Plasma buyers guide for my Panasonic Plasma P60VT60 and been very happy with it however the links no longer works.. Does anyone know or have a copy of those setting to share? Thank you in advance.
post #14126 of 14136 Old 04-10-2016, 11:37 AM

Question about replacing p65vt50 A board

Lighting killed the main board on my p65vt50. The analog cable is working fine, but it's only a temporary fix. Looking to replace the board and having a hard time finding a proper replacement (TNPH0988UF), so I have some questions:
- based on earlier posts, looks like an A board from a gt50 (TNPH0988UC) is compatible with my vt50. Is that correct?
- if the gt50 A board is compatible, will the set perform as a gt50 or vt50. In other words, will I lose the features that distinguish the two models?
- once the board is replaced, will the set need to be re-calibrated. Chad did a wonderful job a few years ago and I'd hate to start from scratch.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
PC
post #14127 of 14136 Old 04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting Grayscale observation on my 65vt50. HDMI 2 actually has an abnormal grayscale compared to the other 3 HDMI inputs. It was driving me crazy calibrating my set until I thought to do grayscale sweeps on all my inputs. Look at the difference between these two behaviors. The HDMI 3 pic is what 1 and 2 behave like as well.

I used the same Dnice Nightmod calibration settings for both of these.

Jim, have you ever check your vt50's HDMI inputs before and seen something similar?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hdmi 2.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	1370538   Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI 3.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1370546  
post #14128 of 14136 Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked: 973
post #14129 of 14136 Old 04-10-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Sure will do when I'm home again. I used the chromecast on all the inputs to rule out any source issues. Very odd.
post #14130 of 14136 Old 04-10-2016, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

After these two, I took the chromecast out of HMDI 3 and used it on the other inputs in case my player was the problem, but i didn't save those files. I intend to run them all again when I get a chance too. ISF Night was the mode for both with same refresh rates (60hz).
Attached Files
File Type: zip wierd gamma.zip (2.1 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page