Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread - Page 472 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #14131 of 14159 Old 04-10-2016, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14132 of 14159 Old 04-10-2016, 09:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Interesting Grayscale observation on my 65vt50. HDMI 2 actually has an abnormal grayscale compared to the other 3 HDMI inputs. It was driving me crazy calibrating my set until I thought to do grayscale sweeps on all my inputs. Look at the difference between these two behaviors. The HDMI 3 pic is what 1 and 2 behave like as well.

I used the same Dnice Nightmod calibration settings for both of these.

Jim, have you ever check your vt50's HDMI inputs before and seen something similar?
I usually calibrate HDMI 1 and then copy the settings over to the other inputs. Don't actually use HDMI 2 so can't say if there is a problem there.

Which calibration software are you using chromecast?
post #14133 of 14159 Old 04-10-2016, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Jim latest hfcr uses it with ease. If you enable viera link you can actually have the tv automatically switch to the hdmi input it's plugged into. So I could easily switch it's Hemingway input and then click one button on hfcr and tv would switch to its input and 15 seconds later I'd have 10 pt done. You can actually hit one button and it will do greyscale, primaries and secondaries all automatically. It's like have a perfectly synced up pattern generator, but it's not technically reference (but it tracks my Dnice cal quite well ). Check first post in hfcr.

Zoyd. So after that file with the misread at 100 I did remove the player from that input and then ran it with the chromecast. Although the values were not exactly the same, the same 40-60 region had DEs over 3. I know my Sony player contributes slightly to overall errors now after doing this exercise since with the player my DEs seem to be about a point higher when I use the disk.

I'll be doing it again hopefully later this week and I'll post the results.
post #14134 of 14159 Old 04-17-2016, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
UPDATE - Sad News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelxD View Post
My mom's Panasonic VT50 55" TV that we bought in 2012, screen just went black and the power button red light blinks. Wont come back on.

So then she unplugged it for 5min, plugged it back in, and well, it worked again. Then about 15min later did same thing but this time quickly flashed blue lines across the screen before going dead again.

She can't keep unplugging it to watch it for 15min at a time, so was just curious if anyone else has heard of this issue, and if there is a fix.

Just want to try here before we call a repair technician. Thanks for any input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
Is there a pattern with the red flashes such as 4 flashes, pause, 4 plashes, pause? If you detect a pattern, you should then be able to find what is causing the problem with a service manual or just searching it. That will at least give an idea of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
Sounds like capacitator issues. I could be wrong. Most likely you need a repair.
Quote:
Thanks for the help, ok, so yes, there seems to be 7 flashes, then a pause, 7 flashes, then pause, etc..

I can not find her manual anymore, so I do not know what this means for a VT50. It appears online though I found it means a possible bad circuit board from another model.

Thanks for chiming in robnix, long time no talk. Thing is, is whatever is wrong, we are hoping the fix would not have us need to recalibrate the TV, as we had it professionally done, and we really like it. Robert said of course he has the same settings he could pop in there, BUT this doesn't always equal the correct calibration again if there is a new part installed in the TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Here's a link for the blink code for the ST50. I doubt Panasonic would have gone to the trouble to make different blink codes for the VT50. http://www.scribd.com/doc/227870437/...ries-TM#scribd

A page or two further back is a post linking you to the VT50 service manual PDF.
Ok, first off thanks for the help guys. I have a update to the above quoted issues I posted here not too long ago, which might help others, though might not but it is informative.

So nothing was working and we just had to call professional technician. Two guys came out. They said they know the problem, ordered 2 boards and replaced them. (1 week to do that). While they were there, it seemed to have fixed the problem. Then as we were signing the work order BOOM !! TV did the same exact thing ! Unbelievable. And also same blinking light pattern.

They then went back to do more research. They said they found that the Panasonic admitted to a flaw SOME of these TV's had, but due to the amount of them, it was not "recall" worthy. The issue is, some of them have grounding issues due to not using plastic washers on the screws that hold the boards, and this causes the issue were are having. Also, that there was a specific order number to order the same boards, but with the plastic washers.

So they ordered the new boards. They came (another week) and they installed them. BAM, TV fixed. Signed work order, he left. Well that was 1 month ago approx. TV worked fine for that whole tie so we thought indeed that was it and it was fixed.

Well, the bad news is it just did it again. So I am unsure if indeed that was a fix, or if it just keeps shorting something out ? We have no clue but are very distraught over this. My mom loves this TV and does not want a new one. Unless she can buy this one brand new. But seemingly we can't anymore.

Odd how that did seem to fix it for 1 month though. Also on a side note, the TV did keep our precious calibration even after the 2 boards were replaced. And I would like to point out we possibly have figured out something that causes that my mom does, but we could be wrong. But she has said so far every single time it has went out like this, and does this, it is when she has the TV on pause. Is this even possible ? To me it seems no way. But IDK.

So we have no clue how to move forward here. Is it worth it to keep trying to fix it ? Will we eventually find the issue and be done forever and happy ? Or will it constantly be this circle of sad fate of chasing the merry go round of 7 blinking lights crash ?
post #14135 of 14159 Old 04-18-2016, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
. Don't actually use HDMI 2 so can't say if there is a problem there.
why not?
It's the ARC input
post #14136 of 14159 Old 04-18-2016, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
why not?
It's the ARC input
Its currently a bedroom computer so I don't run the audio through a surround system. If I did, it would more likely be from the component directly to the receiver/prepro.
post #14137 of 14159 Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Ok, first off thanks for the help guys. I have a update to the above quoted issues I posted here not too long ago, which might help others, though might not but it is informative.

So nothing was working and we just had to call professional technician. Two guys came out. They said they know the problem, ordered 2 boards and replaced them. (1 week to do that). While they were there, it seemed to have fixed the problem. Then as we were signing the work order BOOM !! TV did the same exact thing ! Unbelievable. And also same blinking light pattern.

They then went back to do more research. They said they found that the Panasonic admitted to a flaw SOME of these TV's had, but due to the amount of them, it was not "recall" worthy. The issue is, some of them have grounding issues due to not using plastic washers on the screws that hold the boards, and this causes the issue were are having. Also, that there was a specific order number to order the same boards, but with the plastic washers.

So they ordered the new boards. They came (another week) and they installed them. BAM, TV fixed. Signed work order, he left. Well that was 1 month ago approx. TV worked fine for that whole tie so we thought indeed that was it and it was fixed.

Well, the bad news is it just did it again. So I am unsure if indeed that was a fix, or if it just keeps shorting something out ? We have no clue but are very distraught over this. My mom loves this TV and does not want a new one. Unless she can buy this one brand new. But seemingly we can't anymore.

Odd how that did seem to fix it for 1 month though. Also on a side note, the TV did keep our precious calibration even after the 2 boards were replaced. And I would like to point out we possibly have figured out something that causes that my mom does, but we could be wrong. But she has said so far every single time it has went out like this, and does this, it is when she has the TV on pause. Is this even possible ? To me it seems no way. But IDK.

So we have no clue how to move forward here. Is it worth it to keep trying to fix it ? Will we eventually find the issue and be done forever and happy ? Or will it constantly be this circle of sad fate of chasing the merry go round of 7 blinking lights crash ?
Hi JoelxD:

I just read your posts in detail and wanted to let you know that I have a sparingly used 55-inch VT50 that has been professionally calibrated to ISF standards that I'd be willing to consider selling to you as your mom's replacement set.

Purchased from Best Buy in 2012, It works like a charm, never had any issues, and is still under the Geek Squad protection plan until June 2016. I recently built a dedicated theater in my basement so don't need a tv in the area anymore (watch tv and movies using the projector).

I hadn't really thought about selling the TV up until now so don't have a price and the shipping logistics, etc. in mind, but would be willing to discuss further if you PM me with any interest. I do love the TV so won't be selling it at throwaway prices, but don't want it to collect dust either. Do let me know. And yes, I will provide all sale and GS warranty paperwork to validate authenticity and single ownership, if requested. Cheers!

Last edited by Rokker; 05-03-2016 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Typo fixes
post #14138 of 14159 Old 05-04-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokker View Post
Hi JoelxD:

I just read your posts in detail and wanted to let you know that I have a sparingly used 55-inch VT50 that has been professionally calibrated to ISF standards that I'd be willing to consider selling to you as your mom's replacement set.

Purchased from Best Buy in 2012, It works like a charm, never had any issues, and is still under the Geek Squad protection plan until June 2016. I recently built a dedicated theater in my basement so don't need a tv in the area anymore (watch tv and movies using the projector).

I hadn't really thought about selling the TV up until now so don't have a price and the shipping logistics, etc. in mind, but would be willing to discuss further if you PM me with any interest. I do love the TV so won't be selling it at throwaway prices, but don't want it to collect dust either. Do let me know. And yes, I will provide all sale and GS warranty paperwork to validate authenticity and single ownership, if requested. Cheers!
Awesome offer Rokker. And I appreciate you taking the time to read our issue, and then reaching out like this to help out with this idea.

PM'ing you now.
post #14139 of 14159 Old 05-24-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Awesome offer Rokker. And I appreciate you taking the time to read our issue, and then reaching out like this to help out with this idea.

PM'ing you now.
Joel..
My 65vt50 just died and had 3 blinkin lights.. Used the 2012 st Troubleshooting manual and traced it doen to my sc board.. Shes now backup and runninf.. I tried attaching it to this.. If not use link
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/22...0-ST-Series-TM
post #14140 of 14159 Old 05-24-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:

PM'ing you now.
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5744f7f9...s_%5BTM%5D.pdf

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
post #14141 of 14159 Old 05-29-2016, 03:51 PM

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysammy64 View Post
Joel..
My 65vt50 just died and had 3 blinkin lights.. Used the 2012 st Troubleshooting manual and traced it doen to my sc board.. Shes now backup and runninf.. I tried attaching it to this.. If not use link
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/22...0-ST-Series-TM
mysammy64, thanks for the links and help. Sure glad you got yours fixed. Thats awesome !

Update on our end is, it has been "fixed" 4 times so far. LOL. First 3 times it just did it again after a few days-weeks. This last time it was fixed (4th time) it has been working now for 3 days so far. Fingers crossed it stays working this time.

Our situation is, literally every component in the tv has been replaced except the screen ! 2 boards even twice as it was suspected the new parts were defective. Geek Squad at their best ! This is what you get when inexperienced young people having a part time job while in college try to diagnose anything.

This 4th time, they sent a 30 year in TV tech business vet. He immediately said he knew the problem and fixed it. Lets see.
post #14142 of 14159 Old 05-30-2016, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post
Hard to believe it's been almost 4 years and I still love my set.

Sorry just a little reminiscent I guess.
I'm right there with you! I am addicted to the image the 55" VT50 presents.

Having said that, after 3 1/2 years (about five weeks ago), while watching a recorded sitcom, I detected the image being out of whack. The whites were slightly washed and the blacks were slightly crushed. The average person wouldn't have noticed, but I could see a disturbing difference in picture quality. I don't want to say it was blurry, but it seemed like 720 versus 1080 (the TV reported 1080).

It drove me nuts for more than a day before I called Best Buy. Yep, given the delicate technology of plasmas I purchased an extended warranty. It will expire in October.

After speaking with tech support I finally(!) got him to believe I knew what I was talking about. He ordered a new PC board. They came a week later to install it. I could tell the tech was reluctant to do anything. He didn't say it, but he thought the TV was fine. He replaced the board. After reinstalling the custom codes the TV was back to its beautiful form! Ahh….

Then, 26 hours later--Bam! The seven blinking lights of death. Back to the phone. That indicator usually points to the SC boards, but I was getting the normal image for a couple minutes before the TV would shut down.

A different tech came the following week. They had shipped a PC board and SC boards, but only replaced the PC board. Common sense pointed to it as the culprit.

Two weeks now and the TV is perfect--not a penny from my pocket. I guess you could say I prepaid back in 2012. Though, one more glitch and I should get a full replacement, however that works.

Hopefully, this unit will last another couple years while OLEDs mature. I was in Best Buy yesterday buying a dishwasher (if it's not one thing, it's another) and I saw a horribly burned in OLED on display! The sales guy said it was an acknowledged flaw in some of the early models. No thanks!

Sorry to ramble.

Happy Memorial Day to those in the US.

JP
48548 likes this.

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." -- W.C. Fields

Last edited by 9suffix; 05-30-2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Typo
post #14143 of 14159 Old 05-30-2016, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9suffix View Post
I'm right there with you! I am addicted to the image the 55" VT50 presents.

Having said that, after 3 1/2 years (about five weeks ago), while watching a recorded sitcom, I detected the image being out of whack. The whites were slightly washed and the blacks were slightly crushed. The average person wouldn't have noticed, but I could see a disturbing difference in picture quality. I don't want to say it was blurry, but it seemed like 720 versus 1080 (the TV reported 1080).

It drove me nuts for more than a day before I called Best Buy. Yep, given the delicate technology of plasmas I purchased an extended warranty. It will expire in October.

After speaking with tech support I finally(!) got him to believe I knew what I was talking about. He ordered a new PC board. They came a week later to install it. I could tell the tech was reluctant to do anything. He didn't say it, but he thought the TV was fine. He replaced the board. After reinstalling the custom codes the TV was back to its beautiful form! Ahh….

Then, 26 hours later--Bam! The seven blinking lights of death. Back to the phone. That indicator usually points to the SC boards, but I was getting the normal image for a couple minutes before the TV would shut down.

A different tech came the following week. They had shipped a PC board and SC boards, but only replaced the PC board. Common sense pointed to it as the culprit.

Two weeks now and the TV is perfect--not a penny from my pocket. I guess you could say I prepaid back in 2012. Though, one more glitch and I should get a full replacement, however that works.

Hopefully, this unit will last another couple years while OLEDs mature. I was in Best Buy yesterday buying a dishwasher (if it's not one thing, it's another) and I saw a horribly burned in OLED on display! The sales guy said it was an acknowledged flaw in some of the early models. No thanks!

Sorry to ramble.

Happy Memorial Day to those in the US.

JP
Awesome to hear I actually still sell tv's in a Magnolia Design Center and I haven't been tempted enough by anything yet to jump. If my tv were to die tomorrow I would probably nose dive into an OLED though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #14144 of 14159 Old 06-15-2016, 04:50 PM

Liked: 10
Problems with VT Color Drifting

The color on my 65" VT seems to have gone awry after 3 years. I had it calibrated when I bought it, but noticed the color starting to drift.

I tried to calibrate it myself recently on my HTPC input with DisplayCal and a Spyder5 colorimeter. The initial setup allows you to set the low and high W/B before starting the calibration and I noticed the R, G and B was actively drifting. The Verification report after calibration seems to show there's clearly a problem.

jaguaraudiodesign.com/MeasurementRepVT.html

I'm guessing there may be a problem with the circuitry and I'll eventually have to trash the set and move on, but I was wondering if anyone here has any insight and suggestions. thanks
post #14145 of 14159 Old 06-15-2016, 08:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkenbrock View Post
The color on my 65" VT seems to...
It usually drifts a little on all displays during the warm up stage.

Typically, I try to have the set on and the colorimeter connected and computer booted up for at least 45 minutes before attempting to calibrate.

Just looked at the report you linked too. What's strange is that it appears that your red and green has dropped. On my Pioneer, the blue is what dropped. I'd question the accuracy of my colorimeter.

Last edited by JimP; 06-15-2016 at 08:55 PM.
post #14146 of 14159 Old 06-15-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
It usually drifts a little on all displays during the warm up stage.

Typically, I try to have the set on and the colorimeter connected and computer booted up for at least 45 minutes before attempting to calibrate.

Just looked at the report you linked too. What's strange is that it appears that your red and green has dropped. On my Pioneer, the blue is what dropped. I'd question the accuracy of my colorimeter.
Yes, I'm aware of the warm up factor. The display was on for several hours. The color drifts just with the pre-calibration RGB measurement and you can sometimes detect the color balance going from good to bad by eye; this suggests the problem is with the display.
post #14147 of 14159 Old 06-16-2016, 03:59 PM

TC-P55VT50 suddenly not responding...

I purchased my TC-P55VT50 in March of 2013 and it's been working trouble free since for the most part. But, today things went bad and I'm not sure what to try.

It will not turn on and it makes a rhythmic clicking noise. The clicking noise is almost like a heart beat - two quick clicks and a pause. I'm sure that the click itself is the on/off click which normally only clicks once for on and once for off. The only way to make this stop is to unplug it. The tv does not respond to the remote at all.

We did have some storms come through in the middle of the night so my fear is a power surge has fried it. However, it is plugged into a surge protector as are the other electronic components which are all fine: A/V receiver, DVD player and record player. But, there were no tripped breakers in the house and all other electronics seem to be working fine.

Does anyone have a thought on how to diagnose or troubleshoot the problem? Is there a Panasonic customer support service I should contact that might help? Or should I just start shopping for a new TV. I really hope I can get this one working, the picture is great.
post #14148 of 14159 Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post
Sad day for me. My VT50 is shutting itself off. SquareTrade won't repair it and will be contacting me with options to replace it.

End of an era incoming
I didn't see if you posted what Squaretrade offered for your replacement. How'd that turn out?

Last edited by guest68; 06-27-2016 at 09:23 PM.
post #14149 of 14159 Old 07-01-2016, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Guys, I need some help. My 55VT50 seems to have had the black level rise. I don't watch often in a dark room but recently I did and noticed the black bars are no longer black, but instead a dark grey but with a fairly noticeable glow. I've been through the settings a dozen times and can't seem to find the culprit.

Any thoughts or help on settings to look for? If necessary I could post some of the settings.
post #14150 of 14159 Old 07-01-2016, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpeedTA95 View Post
Guys, I need some help. My 55VT50 seems to have had the black level rise. I don't watch often in a dark room but recently I did and noticed the black bars are no longer black, but instead a dark grey but with a fairly noticeable glow. I've been through the settings a dozen times and can't seem to find the culprit.

Any thoughts or help on settings to look for? If necessary I could post some of the settings.
Try lowering the brightness setting. If, as much as you lower it, the problem remains, it may be that you're "misremembering", as your model isn't known to suffer from rising blacks like previous Panasonic plasma generations did. Maybe you're just focusing more on the blacks than you did before.

Even on a calibrated VT60, you definitely see a glow in the black bars on very dark content in a dark room.
post #14151 of 14159 Old 07-01-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockatiel View Post
Try lowering the brightness setting. If, as much as you lower it, the problem remains, it may be that you're "misremembering", as your model isn't known to suffer from rising blacks like previous Panasonic plasma generations did. Maybe you're just focusing more on the blacks than you did before.

Even on a calibrated VT60, you definitely see a glow in the black bars on very dark content in a dark room.
I went upstairs again this morning, I feel like an idiot but I think I figured it out. When I setup all the new equipment a few months ago, the BD player wound up on a different input. It was one that I tweaked at some point but hadn't fully calibrated. I copied the input settings over from the correct input it looks MUCH better.
post #14152 of 14159 Old 07-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Need Advice -

Sorry to change the topic a little. And sorry to put this in this thread, but I need the advice of VT50 owners. The advice from those of us that are used to the calibrated picture a VT50 can give you.

So if anyone remembers me or was following my story. Bad news. For the 6th time being fixed by a professional, my mom's VT50 simply keeps doing the same thing. Literally every part in the whole tv has been replaced more than once except the screen ! lol One time even did them all at once thinking that was it.

Bottom line, her warranty is up in August, and we do not want to take the chance of it getting fixed to last just past that. She is tired of being out of a tv for weeks each time. We are done. Sorry to say. Best thing for us to do is move onto a new tv since we will get $2,000 credit towards one thanks to the warranty if we do it before August.

So here is the question. And its a serious one. Can I please get some feedback from those picture videophile nuts that love the VT50 as to what new tv out now comes the closest to matching or better than this calibrated picture of a VT50 we are used to ?

55" models please. Thanks so much for your time. I know its a sad day for us, and I know there is no really replacing it, so if we can not get into how I will not be able to find a better picture or even equal, I know.. but lets just get into the new tvs that are best.

Thanks !
post #14153 of 14159 Old 07-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Sorry to change the topic a little. And sorry to put this in this thread, but I need the advice of VT50 owners. The advice from those of us that are used to the calibrated picture a VT50 can give you.

So if anyone remembers me or was following my story. Bad news. For the 6th time being fixed by a professional, my mom's VT50 simply keeps doing the same thing. Literally every part in the whole tv has been replaced more than once except the screen ! lol One time even did them all at once thinking that was it.

Bottom line, her warranty is up in August, and we do not want to take the chance of it getting fixed to last just past that. She is tired of being out of a tv for weeks each time. We are done. Sorry to say. Best thing for us to do is move onto a new tv since we will get $2,000 credit towards one thanks to the warranty if we do it before August.

So here is the question. And its a serious one. Can I please get some feedback from those picture videophile nuts that love the VT50 as to what new tv out now comes the closest to matching or better than this calibrated picture of a VT50 we are used to ?

55" models please. Thanks so much for your time. I know its a sad day for us, and I know there is no really replacing it, so if we can not get into how I will not be able to find a better picture or even equal, I know.. but lets just get into the new tvs that are best.

Thanks !

A 55" OLED would probably be your best bet.

post #14154 of 14159 Old 07-10-2016, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well today my TC-P55VT50 died. I was nodding off with the euros on in the background and woke to a loud pop and noticed the tv was off but all their components were still working.

The tv has the 7 red blinking lights. I'll call for a repair quote but am not optimistic.

A sad day, and I now find myself learning about LEDs.
post #14155 of 14159 Old 07-11-2016, 02:13 AM

Quote:
A 55" OLED would probably be your best bet.
Thanks for the lead tcramer. So what is the absolute best 55" OLED tv made today ?
post #14156 of 14159 Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Thanks for the lead tcramer. So what is the absolute best 55" OLED tv made today ?
Luckily in that regards, there isn't a whole lot to pick from right now. They are only available from LG at the moment, and only a few models. If you don't care about or want 4K, you can find last year's 1080P 55" version for under $1500 at many locations, or even last years 4K 55" model for around $2000.

post #14157 of 14159 Old 07-11-2016, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Quote:
Luckily in that regards, there isn't a whole lot to pick from right now. They are only available from LG at the moment, and only a few models. If you don't care about or want 4K, you can find last year's 1080P 55" version for under $1500 at many locations, or even last years 4K 55" model for around $2000.
eBay sales from reputable dealers have had the 1080p 9100 (my tv) at $1275 which is a great price and the 4K 9600 (curved) or 9500 (flat) around $1700 actually
post #14158 of 14159 Old 07-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Thanks for the replies and great info guys. I'll be looking onto LG OLED's then.

If any other options or ideas pop up, by all means, please let me know.
post #14159 of 14159 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So I had a surge problem and it probably fried my 65Vt50set along with my cable box(XFINITY X1). Geek Squad replaced the power supply board connected to the power outlet cord. Didn't turn on. They said there is another related part that they could try to replace and see if that works . Otherwise, I will have to get a new set courtesy of Best Buy's Geek Squad replacement program.

Looking around, I dont' see that many great oines in the 2K-3K range(I dont mind paying an extra $1000 -$1500 for a bigger 70 inch set of comparable quality).

So far , the SUHD sets from Samsung seem to be getting good reviews. None match the viewing angle of plasma of course. I dont like the curve, so thinking of the flat Samsung SUHD 8000 series. Priced at the same price I got this Panasonic($2200). With the quantim dots, the picture quality should be good. Any othre models that I should consider? My price range is in the mid 3Ks at most. I wouldnt mind paying $4K for a 75 inch TV if it's quality is great. The OLEDs for 65 and above are all 4K or higher.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt50 65 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page