AVS Forum banner
1M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  John Hooper 
#1 ·
Well I know the 55" is now available in my market in NYC/LI. So we should have some owners soon and as soon as the 65"er is available I will be one of the test dummies. Look forward to hearing your reports.

EDIT: Well I can say now for having the set for almost a week it's the best display I have owned hands down. Blacks are incredible contrast is great i really have yet to find a problem with it I haven't had an ounce of IR even and I have already gamed for about 5 hours watched about 8 hours of 2:35 to 1 movies. If your thinking about it JUST BUY IT!!! I am by no means a professional but it blows my 2 year old Samsung 8 series out of the water..

#12,779 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23602958

You will really enjoy watching the Buffalo Bills on your new Chad B calibrated day mode like Chunon enjoys watching his NY Yankees on his...
49ers are much more vibrant on one of Chad B's calibrated panels

#12,780 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23603089

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23602958

You will really enjoy watching the Buffalo Bills on your new Chad B calibrated day mode like Chunon enjoys watching his NY Yankees on his...
49ers are much more vibrant on one of Chad B's calibrated panels
They look just fine on a UMR Kuro.

#12,783 ·

Quote:

Oh yeah never miss a Yankees game lol I've moved on to football already

#12,785 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23603986

Lol Apparently looking good has nothing to do with playing well.

Cincinnati Bengals here so I should know.
Things should be looking up for the play on the field. There is nothing to say about the uniforms.

Nothing matches the Stealer's prison retro strips.

#12,786 ·
For the past few months I've been watching Netflix on other devices, but decided to give it a go again on my VT50. I hadn't had issues in the past, but now get a message that the app can't connect to the Netflix service. I've read a number of posts that lead me to believe this is at least a known problem, and is similar to one that has been experienced with the Panasonic BDT220 Blu-ray player (which I also have, but don't have this issue).

To troubleshoot, so far I've:

1. Confirmed the network setup is correct, and that everything else on the TV can access the LAN & WAN successfully; I've also reserved an IP address for the VT50.

2. Confirmed the Netflix app on three other devices, which are on the same LAN, can connect to the service without issue.

3. Deactivated the Netflix app on the VT50 numerous times using the Up, Up, Down, Down, etc. sequence.

4. Factory reset the VT50.

So far nothing has worked to fix this problem; I get the message that the app can't connect to the service almost immediately after starting it up, so haven't even been able to try and re-register the VT50 with Netflix. The error message I see when I go to the deactivation screen is: "NBP / 1 / Unable to connect to functioning local backend /".

Has anyone had this issue and fixed it? Any other recommendations or guidance would be great.

Thanks!

#12,788 ·
Press and hold the {VOL -} button ON THE PLASMA TV.

Then press the {INFO} button on the remote control 3 times.

"Start Adjustment Menu" message will be displayed followed

by the Service Menu after few seconds.

Press the {2} button once to select "SRV-TOOL".

Then press the {OK} button to access it.

Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side

of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :

Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed in red color: (count is how many times its been turned on)

To exit hold power button on display

#12,789 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23612904

To exit hold power button on display

Or just hold the exit button on the remote and it will cycle off and on by itself.

#12,792 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23614183

Just watched Oz 3D, Chad did a bang up job on 3D mode, very bright and looks great.

Chad did a great job on mine too, but I think my 3D is a little dark. Maybe we can fix that when he comes out for a 20,000 mile check up

#12,793 ·
Im not sure how he did yours, you could check the CC files he leaves and see what settings they were. When I did 3D myself on a coupld, I was around 5-7 fl's, he got 9.3fl on mine. Thats high panel brightness and contrast 100. She is glowing when you take the glasses off, but looks plenty bright to me when they are.

#12,794 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek  /t/1408338/official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread/12780#post_23614946

Im not sure how he did yours, you could check the CC files he leaves and see what settings they were. When I did 3D myself on a coupld, I was around 5-7 fl's, he got 9.3fl on mine. Thats high panel brightness and contrast 100. She is glowing when you take the glasses off, but looks plenty bright to me when they are.

Same for me: Panel Brightness = High; Contrast = 100

#12,796 ·
Watching Ray Donovan on Showtime right now, wife has pretty much all the blinds open. Swapped over to "Day" mode and man I like it. Just a nice bit of ooomph to overcome the light in the room, and the image still looks very accurate.

His gamma choice defintely helps get some of the low level detail back, which is crushed in Night mode (he has 10% gamma around 2.10)