AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Plasma Flat Panel Displays (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/)
-   -   Official Panasonic VT50 owners thread (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/167-plasma-flat-panel-displays/1408338-official-panasonic-vt50-owners-thread.html)

CaTaSTrOphiK 05-01-2012 12:21 AM

Well I know the 55" is now available in my market in NYC/LI. So we should have some owners soon and as soon as the 65"er is available I will be one of the test dummies. Look forward to hearing your reports.

EDIT: Well I can say now for having the set for almost a week it's the best display I have owned hands down. Blacks are incredible contrast is great i really have yet to find a problem with it I haven't had an ounce of IR even and I have already gamed for about 5 hours watched about 8 hours of 2:35 to 1 movies. If your thinking about it JUST BUY IT!!! I am by no means a professional but it blows my 2 year old Samsung 8 series out of the water..

Adamd 05-01-2012 05:25 AM

I've got a 65 pre ordered and I'm first in line, will post my thoughts and pictures as soon as I can. The wait is killing me.

TitusTroy 05-01-2012 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post

Well I know the 55" is now available in my market in NYC/LI. So we should have some owners soon and as soon as the 65"er is available I will be one of the test dummies. Look forward to hearing your reports.

where is it available in NY?...can you PM me if it's not permitted in the forums itself

jbug 05-01-2012 06:06 AM

I'm getting a 65VT50. Post what prices you will pay in the deals section. I was given a deal from Abt (it's in the deal thread) but haven't locked into it yet. Abt only gives 1 year of 0% financing which I'm cautious about whereas BB will give you 3. I'm buying local in case I have to return for some reason. Once I read that review of the U.K 50VT I was hooked. Some are saying the 65VT50 will be out in about 3 weeks which is right on time.

I thought about the LG 84" 4k set but decided to visit 4k down the road due to the prices more than anything else.

Jimmy_R 05-01-2012 06:28 AM

The 65" VT50 is no longer a pre-order on Panny's website.

Speakerphile 05-01-2012 07:47 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasoni...vt50&cp=1&lp=1

vaxick 05-01-2012 01:16 PM

Interesting, this means my 55-inch should be shipping soon. I'm having it calibrated and broken in before I get it.

rogo 05-01-2012 02:45 PM

For anyone not bored enough to click the link, it appears Best Buy can deliver the 55" to an awful lot of places within a week or so. (I checked a random smattering of zip codes across the U.S.).

fatuglyguy 05-01-2012 03:13 PM

Think I'm going to purchase mine tonight and try to get it delivered early next week.

Edit: My 55" VT50 should arrive next Tuesday

Ricker62 05-01-2012 09:41 PM

I placed my preorder for the Panasonic 55VT50 to replace my Panny 2010 model 50VT25 in Winnipeg,Canada at a local Electronics Dealer...NOT "BESTBUY" today.$2,899 not a bad price for this model and two free pair of 3D glasses to boot.Am looking at a 2-3week wait for delivery,really looking forward to this New Build.I noticed the Panasonic Vieira Fb site mentions a new app to link iPad2 to Panasonic HDTV products...wonder if that would apply to the VT50?Shall update all once VT50 arrives and I calibrate.Thank you.

curiousdude 05-01-2012 10:29 PM

I am waiting for Value Electronics Flat Panel HDTV shoot-out on May 19-20. Hopefully by that time 65vt50 will be available.

gostan 05-02-2012 02:24 AM

An owners thread before anybody even has a VT is certainly some type of phobia. Why? Maybe This should probably be renamed "unofficial panasonic vt50 owners anticipation thread"

RandyWalters 05-02-2012 07:31 AM

I'll never own one, but here are links to the VT50 manuals:

Link to VT50 Quick Start Guide (contains dimensions and schematics): http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER.../TCP55VT50.PDF

Link to VT50 E-Help Operating Manual:http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...-HELP_VT50.PDF

Speakerphile 05-02-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostan View Post

An owners thread before anybody even has a VT is certainly some type of phobia. Why? Maybe This should probably be renamed "unofficial panasonic vt50 owners anticipation thread"

Being that there are sets out in the wild, I would say the thread is appropriate. It helps reduce the likelihood of "rogue" VT50 threads. People will come out of the woodwork shortly.

Syed117 05-02-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post

I've got a 65 pre ordered and I'm first in line



Jk, I would be happy if I was first in line

frogboy51 05-02-2012 09:35 AM

I just placed my order, for the 65VT50, via EPP. A very attractive price. At this time, It's the lowest price I've found. This will replace my vintage 1995 50" rear projector Mitsu. One of the our lawn guys will gladly take this set. I've come to the conclusion, that the Mitsu will never die. Should be interesting.

Al ..

Adamd 05-02-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post



Jk, I would be happy if I was first in line


Lol!!!! That's awesome, funny thing is I feel like a bad ass.

jbug 05-02-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogboy51 View Post

I just placed my order, for the 65VT50, via EPP. A very attractive price. At this time, It's the lowest price I've found. This will replace my vintage 1995 50" rear projector Mitsu. One of the our lawn guys will gladly take this set. I've come to the conclusion, that the Mitsu will never die. Should be interesting.

Al ..

Hey Al. What is EPP and I'm interested what the low price is that they gave you. If you don't mind, please send me a PM. Thanks.

dsskid 05-02-2012 11:33 AM

Employee Preferred Pricing. Some Corporations have deals in place where certain manufacturers give their employees a discount on the products.

HAmmer32261 05-02-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaxick View Post

Interesting, this means my 55-inch should be shipping soon. I'm having it calibrated and broken in before I get it.

Hi, what do you mean by broken in? Do they leave the tv on for awhile before
Delivery? I'm buying the same tv you are and its my first plasma so I'm new at this

nin1974 05-02-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

I can't believe they want MSRP?!!!

curiousdude 05-02-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin1974 View Post

I can't believe they want MSRP?!!!

online price is high. Call the closest best buy and ask for the price. You should be able to get it around $2200

RandyWalters 05-03-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin1974 View Post

I can't believe they want MSRP?!!!

What's not to believe? The new models are always sold at MSRP when they first become available for sale - it's always been this way, even in the old Tube TV days. Give it a little time and you'll start to see discounts, but i wouldn't expect any deep discounts in 2012.

RandyWalters 05-03-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post

online price is high. Call the closest best buy and ask for the price. You should be able to get it around $2200

That will vary greatly from region to region so i woudn't get one's hopes up. The three BB's nearest to me don't price match or discount anything when asked, and if their online price is lower they do not honor that price if you buy it at the stores. I can't tell you how many times i've walked out of my nearest BB because they wouldn't drop the in-store price or honor their own online price or match other online pricing, and i always ask for the manager as soon as the clerk refuses.

jbug 05-03-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

That will vary greatly from region to region so i woudn't get one's hopes up. The three BB's nearest to me don't price match or discount anything when asked, and if their online price is lower they do not honor that price if you buy it at the stores. I can't tell you how many times i've walked out of my nearest BB because they wouldn't drop the in-store price or honor their own online price or match other online pricing, and i always ask for the manager as soon as the clerk refuses.

One of the problems BB needs to correct as stated on the HD Guru 3D website in an article on what BB needs to do immediately if they don't want to become extinct. Two different prices is driving folks the wrong way.

Nethawk 05-03-2012 07:44 AM

I haven't seen any reviews or comparisons that would lead me to believe the price difference justifies the VT over GT/ST models. I'm curious, what is driving people to consider the VT?

Thanks.

Fanaticalism 05-03-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

That will vary greatly from region to region so i woudn't get one's hopes up. The three BB's nearest to me don't price match or discount anything when asked, and if their online price is lower they do not honor that price if you buy it at the stores. I can't tell you how many times i've walked out of my nearest BB because they wouldn't drop the in-store price or honor their own online price or match other online pricing, and i always ask for the manager as soon as the clerk refuses.

Just buy it online and set for pickup in store. You can even buy it right from their computers/kiosks in the store.

mnc 05-03-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

I haven't seen any reviews or comparisons that would lead me to believe the price difference justifies the VT over GT/ST models. I'm curious, what is driving people to consider the VT?

Thanks.

The biggest difference is in the picture controls. The VT has 10-point grayscale and gamma as well as color space adjustment. It allows the VT to be more accurately calibrated over the ST or GT.

CatBrat 05-03-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethawk View Post

I haven't seen any reviews or comparisons that would lead me to believe the price difference justifies the VT over GT/ST models. I'm curious, what is driving people to consider the VT?

Thanks.

For me, I'm wanting a TV that I'll be satisfied with for the next few years, in both size and picture quality, including 3D. If I get the ST, or the GT, I'll always be wondering if the VT would be any better. It might be that the VT sales are due more to psychological factors. This time, I want what is considered to be the best, without going crazy on price.

My purchase target date is the 1st or 2nd week of June. Probably at a local Magnolia BB store. TC-P65VT50.

fatuglyguy 05-03-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

That will vary greatly from region to region so i woudn't get one's hopes up. The three BB's nearest to me don't price match or discount anything when asked, and if their online price is lower they do not honor that price if you buy it at the stores. I can't tell you how many times i've walked out of my nearest BB because they wouldn't drop the in-store price or honor their own online price or match other online pricing, and i always ask for the manager as soon as the clerk refuses.

Randy, not that price discussion is even appropriate in this forum, but one should not need to haggle to get a 55VT50 from BB/Magnolia for 2200 since it is their current sale price.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.