Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK so I have 2 TV's one has to go

My main use is going to be mainly video games and some hd video but mainly xbox fps games in 1080i

I just got a maxent 42hpm20 42" plasma for 100$ off Craigslist the panel buttons were stuck so I pulled em out(any button you pressed also hit the power button) and got a universal remote all controls work good now.tv works great except in dark scenes there are a few red dots dancing in the dark. My research shows turning the vscan voltage down will fix this.

Pro's
Better picture
Thinner
VGA input

Cons
Lower resolution 1024x768
Unknown reliability
Fragile glass
No spare parts

Other tv I got free its a Sony kdf42we655. It only worked for. 30 seconds then shut off.I had a spare bulb from one I stripped before and that fixed it.the tv has no blue dots yet and I got another free one with a new bulb that I stripped out for parts. So I have a extra bulb and a optic block with 2 good LCD panels for when this one messes up

Pros
Have spare parts bulb,lcds,power module
Light
Good resolution 1366x768

Cons
Washy LCD pictures(bad blacks)
Unreliable (I can swap the LCD in 30 mins but it takes 6 hours to adjust that damn THING)
takes up more space
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Any comments on the maxent
post #3 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reliantkcar View Post

OK so I have 2 TV's one has to go

My main use is going to be mainly video games and some hd video but mainly xbox fps games in 1080i

I just got a maxent 42hpm20 42" plasma for 100$ off Craigslist the panel buttons were stuck so I pulled em out(any button you pressed also hit the power button) and got a universal remote all controls work good now.tv works great except in dark scenes there are a few red dots dancing in the dark. My research shows turning the vscan voltage down will fix this.

Pro's
Better picture
Thinner
VGA input

Cons
Lower resolution 1024x768
Unknown reliability
Fragile glass
No spare parts

Other tv I got free its a Sony kdf42we655. It only worked for. 30 seconds then shut off.I had a spare bulb from one I stripped before and that fixed it.the tv has no blue dots yet and I got another free one with a new bulb that I stripped out for parts. So I have a extra bulb and a optic block with 2 good LCD panels for when this one messes up

Pros
Have spare parts bulb,lcds,power module
Light
Good resolution 1366x768

Cons
Washy LCD pictures(bad blacks)
Unreliable (I can swap the LCD in 30 mins but it takes 6 hours to adjust that damn THING)
takes up more space

Keep whichever one looks better to you?? Personally I probably couldn't deal with either of them and would throw out both of em and spend 500 or more on a new set...
post #4 of 4 Old 05-04-2012, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Well I only will be using it once a week for xbox as a spare tv. My main tv is a Toshiba 34hf83 34" crt HDTV that is on all day when I'm home and for hd movies and good xbox or ps3 games I have a pioneer pdp5080 and a Sony xbr 34 910 also
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page