PNxxE530 a good basic choice? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-2012, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a great display without any bells and whistles, any reason not to go with the PNxxE530 set?

From reading various posts and such, it sounds like it has the same core panel as all of the other 2012 Samsung plasma panels (all of which look fantastic). It doesn't have the anti-glare coating that the 6500's and up have but I am not overly concerned about that.

I only need 2 HDMI inputs, don't care about web apps, network connectivity, or 3D. I do want some basic color, contrast and brightness adjustments which I am guessing it has.

Am I off base or would this panel be a good choice? Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-04-2012, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger223 View Post

I am looking for a great display without any bells and whistles, any reason not to go with the PNxxE530 set?

From reading various posts and such, it sounds like it has the same core panel as all of the other 2012 Samsung plasma panels (all of which look fantastic). It doesn't have the anti-glare coating that the 6500's and up have but I am not overly concerned about that.

I only need 2 HDMI inputs, don't care about web apps, network connectivity, or 3D. I do want some basic color, contrast and brightness adjustments which I am guessing it has.

Am I off base or would this panel be a good choice? Thanks so much!

I would question the black levels, the D530 from last year had inferior black levels. I would recommend the Panasonic UT50, great blacks and overall performance from the reviews and feedback I have read.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page