post #1351 of 2157 Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe View Post

In Standard, you don't adjust the Pro settings where in ISFccc and Custom you can.

Thank you! I'll just use it for on the fly, quick fixes if need be depending on content. There are times I find I'm streaming something and perhaps its really old material or badly compressed and I wouldn't want to mess with changing "custom" so "standard" could be used for quick, temp, changes. Thanks again, now I know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 AM

Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a 50vt50 two weeks. I'm going to borrow my brothers Spyder 3 next weekend to calibrate the screen. I've had a go at calibrating my previous tv with ColorHCFR, and although I got a pretty good result it took me days to calibrate the screen correctly.

I heard about automatic calibration via CalMan autocal. I would love to hear your opinion about this software. Is it a good alternative to doing everything by hand? Does it even work with a Spyder? And, is a spyder an OK calibration tool to begin with?
post #1353 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM

I only see them when i enter the user settings mode and thats just selecting the mode, even if I try diff settings within user mode it doesnt matter...they are there on all sources and even a direct connect with a bd player and not through receiver..I have also tried two recievers, pioneer 1022k and denon..problem persists and is identicle..so such problem on my sammys. Doesnt matter the source or content or no source at all..
post #1354 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 09:55 AM

I only see them when i enter the user settings mode and thats just selecting the mode, even if I try diff settings within user mode it doesnt matter...they are there on all sources and even a direct connect with a bd player and not through receiver..I have also tried two recievers, pioneer 1022k and denon..problem persists and is identicle..so such problem on my sammys. Doesnt matter the source or content or no source at all..
post #1355 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You're in the right owner's thread, but it's Sunday evening and maybe you are getting a little impatient. It's only been a little over an hour. Maybe no one who has read your post has an answer.

I can tell you that it's strange to me that you've had three consecutive sets with an identical problem. There may be some variable that you haven't mentioned.

Do you see these "snowy silver" edges when you are not in the User/Settings? Are they there when you watch TV, DVD, or Blu-ray sources?

post #1356 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankanich View Post

I should also add the tech who came when second set was delivered simply selected user/custom mode and bam the lines appeared, and as he switched through full, h-fill, all the way back to native/full, the lines still present just went to a different edge and sometime two edges..never same place twice...like I said sometimes they are half inch throughout, outher times they are thin and quite dazzling in a snow like effect, other times the are cunieform or wedge shaped as I previously described...starting thick then tapering to a point almost..but throughout whatever edge they feel like being on
post #1357 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactavish View Post

If you continue to post every five minutes, I doubt you will get any help at all, for many members here, every time you post, we get another email, telling us there is another message. Perhaps no one here has the answer, ever think of that? frown.gif

Mactavish, look..Im new here and dont know how message handling is done...why are you attacking me...Im 44 years Old, and just simply looking for help, I am sorry I posted like I did, but yeah I did think no one knew the answer, I also thought, maybe my computer didnt post right away or I was new and dumb to the working of the forum so posted duplicates by mistake trying to answer somone..I didnt know you have to hit quote button...really Mac..you wanna attack me for this??
post #1358 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

If you continue to post every five minutes, I doubt you will get any help at all, for many members here, every time you post, we get another email, telling us there is another message. Perhaps no one here has the answer, ever think of that? frown.gif

I understand your frustration but i myself have made the multiple post mistake due to the server/site not showing the new post right away.

As for the email notification, that's your choice. If you don't like receiving them every time, disable it and check the forum when it fits your time schedule and not jump on new members looking for help, when its clearly a worrisome time for him. Sure, the same postings is a mistake, but perhaps explaining and requesting he delete them might be best for all.

Oh, and i didn't see anyone else complain like you did, regarding the bothersome notifications.

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #1359 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:

Mactavish, look..Im new here and dont know how message handling is done...why are you attacking me...Im 44 years Old, and just simply looking for help, I am sorry I posted like I did, but yeah I did think no one knew the answer, I also thought, maybe my computer didnt post right away or I was new and dumb to the working of the forum so posted duplicates by mistake trying to answer somone..I didnt know you have to hit quote button...really Mac..you wanna attack me for this??

What content is being shown on the TV while this happens? Cable TV? OTA? Or is it there with all content? Is the pixel orbiter on? Can you provide a picture of the issue?

post #1360 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconjason View Post

I understand your frustration but i myself have made the multiple post mistake due to the server/site not showing the new post right away.

As for the email notification, that's your choice. If you don't like receiving them every time, disable it and check the forum when it fits your time schedule and not jump on new members looking for help, when its clearly a worrisome time for him. Sure, the same postings is a mistake, but perhaps explaining and requesting he delete them might be best for all.

Oh, and i didn't see anyone else complain like you did, regarding the bothersome notifications.

It was posted the original question, 19 hours a go here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1410156/the-official-panasonic-vt50-settings-thread/1320#post_23036170

He was asked to be patient. I've written many messages, with questions that go unanswered, most likely forever, but that's the nature of an ever changing and updated "general" topic like this one. As far as explaining how to delete "multiple post" messages, I'm sure after reading your response to me, he may have figured that out. As far as email notifications, well thanks for yet another one. smile.gif
post #1361 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It was posted the original question, 19 hours a go here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1410156/the-official-panasonic-vt50-settings-thread/1320#post_23036170

He was asked to be patient. I've written many messages, with questions that go unanswered, most likely forever, but that's the nature of an ever changing and updated "general" topic like this one. As far as explaining how to delete "multiple post" messages, I'm sure after reading your response to me, he may have figured that out. As far as email notifications, well thanks for yet another one. smile.gif

The guy isn't allowed to add to his original problem?

I think you're being a little harsh here.

Oh and here's another email. Enjoy.

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #1362 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Not an "attack", that's strong wording, and if I could help you I would. At 44 (wish I could be that young again), you can certainly learn how to navigate a forum, delete multiple posts etc. But I wish you luck in finding out the cause of your issue. When I have issues, and we all do, I "google" everything to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, then post in a few forums I am already a member in, and then wait and hope for a response. If your computer and internet connection are working up to speed, you should see the messages you post in a matter of seconds. But on a board like this with lots of members and lots of problems or "thanks" or whatever, the posts will scroll by page after page, quickly and thus it's probably not the best place to hope for a response, if you have not seen one in 24 hours, folks log on, and maybe look at the last page. The only ones that might see an older post, is those that have their preferences set for instant email notification. I can see someone has already asked you for more info, so hopefully you'll get things figured out.
post #1363 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Advanced Member

Sorry, i don't have email notification, i use HTML5 shortcut on mobile, so post all you like smile.gif

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #1364 of 2157 Old 03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
I'm happy to interrupt you gals. Jez...it is annoying to read the same post three times, so get your schtuff together and figure out the quote tab and use "preview" below to proof read your post.

I just unwrapped a VT50, set it up in my garage rolling D-nice's slide show. It will be ready to hang on Saturday, I'm quite excited. I hope my neighbors don't think I'm growing something in the basement at 4am in the morning when the green slide changes to yellow biggrin.gif

I never use the emoticons but...
post #1365 of 2157 Old 03-05-2013, 06:16 AM

my third time was good...thanks for the support on my defense guys...oh yeah and Mactav and shep....i do use google and am an avid user and tech myself...also I do use preview and didnt think of another thing until later on, even another member said "He cant add to my post"??cant think of everything all the time all at once ....like I said slow computer at the time maybe or slow server...and the finallly figuring out you respond with the quote button and not reply button..and by the way I have been a member since 2010 and have a total of 11 posts, so yeah Im really bothersome...lol Im done here, never coming back so dont respond to this I wont ever see it..
Thanks for ruining a wonderfully good forum.

Mike Dankanich 3RD
post #1366 of 2157 Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:

my third time was good...thanks for the support on my defense guys...oh yeah and Mactav and shep....i do use google and am an avid user and tech myself...also I do use preview and didnt think of another thing until later on, even another member said "He cant add to my post"??cant think of everything all the time all at once ....like I said slow computer at the time maybe or slow server...and the finallly figuring out you respond with the quote button and not reply button..and by the way I have been a member since 2010 and have a total of 11 posts, so yeah Im really bothersome...lol Im done here, never coming back so dont respond to this I wont ever see it..

Mike Dankanich 3RD

It's telling that you never actually answered the questions about the issues with your 3rd set with the same exact problems, which points to the source as the issue.

post #1367 of 2157 Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 317
Quote:

wow, just catching up and seems like you've found a problem not previously documented on this set. If I read you correctly, you've also had this problem on 3 sets in a row?eek.gif What are the chances of that?

IMO rare errors/defects occur, but the chances of them occurring 3 times in a row on a piece of hardware makes it look like something in your environment other than the hardware is the root cause. Not to say it can't be a limitation of the hardware at play..... but could be something as weird as your housing electrical is spotty and this piece of hardware's tolerances aren't as good as others.

Think you should start posting pictures of the problems. Also, is this the North American model?
post #1368 of 2157 Old 03-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

...lol Im done here, never coming back so dont respond to this I wont ever see it..

Please don't injure your arms banging on your high chair!
post #1369 of 2157 Old 03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

I've considered this option, but being on a Mac, having to use Boot Camp, or Parallels, not sure how well it will work, over the ethernet connection I have to the VT50. A MAC version would be great!

I use ControlCal via BootCamp and Sometimes paralells without any issues.

Tyler Pruitt - Pro Calibrator - BionicAV
Technical Support - SpectraCal

THX Certified - Video Calibration

post #1370 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post

I use ControlCal via BootCamp and Sometimes paralells without any issues.

Thanks, I just got ControlCAL, WONDERFUL program, as most of you already know. No issues with BootCamp, on my old MacPro tower, running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. Testing so far, I was able to open the ISF day/night modes, so communications between my 55" VT50 are working properly. I have an old version of Parallels 6.0, and am NOT able to connect as of yet, keep getting an invalid IP address warning, and the 2nd window in ControlCAL, which is like a scrolling "console" window, shows "COM1" not open, but I'm connecting via a hardwired CAT6 connection, not sure COM1 is even needed. Anyways, I'm trying to trouble shoot the various communications possibilities, as well as firewall, etc. Lots of possible "suspects", but being able to not have to reboot into BootCamp is the goal, so you post gives me hope that it's just a Parallels setting I'm missing. Thanks again.

EDIT: Stuck with it, and messed with Zone Alarm, and free add-on firewall application, created a rule to allow the IP address of the HDTV, and that's how I finally got "connected". I'm not much of a Windows guy, so I have a lot of figuring out to do, when I'm Booted into Windows, or using Parallels, much more knowledgable on my Mac. But this shows/proves that ControlCAL can indeed be run with even a pretty old version of Parallels, on a Mac, if configured properly!
post #1371 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post

wow, just catching up and seems like you've found a problem not previously documented on this set. If I read you correctly, you've also had this problem on 3 sets in a row?eek.gif What are the chances of that?

IMO rare errors/defects occur, but the chances of them occurring 3 times in a row on a piece of hardware makes it look like something in your environment other than the hardware is the root cause. Not to say it can't be a limitation of the hardware at play..... but could be something as weird as your housing electrical is spotty and this piece of hardware's tolerances aren't as good as others.

Think you should start posting pictures of the problems. Also, is this the North American model?

Its North American I returned to BB and they hooked it up to various devices and inputs and the problem was there ..so they got on phone with panasonic tech and he stated its a cpu on the logic board combined with the chipset for custom setting module and programming code that is the issue...CLEARS IT ALL UP, wasnt my stuff or any enviornment...HA...I only came back to post to help others if such problem should occur!
post #1372 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:

Its North American I returned to BB and they hooked it up to various devices and inputs and the problem was there ..so they got on phone with panasonic tech and he stated its a cpu on the logic board combined with the chipset for custom setting module and programming code that is the issue...CLEARS IT ALL UP, wasnt my stuff or any enviornment...HA...I only came back to post to help others if such problem should occur!

I don't doubt the diagnosis but what are the chances of that being an issue on 3 different sets ?

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #1373 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Shep View Post

Please don't injure your arms banging on your high chair!

Im a word Champion Martial Artist in Tang Soo Do, Moo Duk Kwan, Jiu Jit SU, Hapkido, Five animal system Kung Fu..also A Pro Body Builder and was a ranked State Trooper..and then joined other various assigments that I cannot say...I doubt I would hurt anything breaking anything lol..its true...ooops another post, Thanks for the posters who wanted to help.

And before you asked "YES" i was shot at many times for the freedom of America smile.gif
post #1374 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

I don't doubt the diagnosis but what are the chances of that being an issue on 3 different sets ?

According to tech a batch that was made and went out are faulted and the only recourse (if ya wanna keep the set because of the stellar pic quality) is to have repairs done they may have to be repeated..like the shampoo ads that say wash rinse repeat..but after a year your done as the warranty is only for such time that Panny will adhere to!
post #1375 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:

According to tech a batch that was made and went out are faulted and the only recourse (if ya wanna keep the set because of the stellar pic quality) is to have repairs done they may have to be repeated..like the shampoo ads that say wash rinse repeat..but after a year your done as the warranty is only for such time that Panny will adhere to!

Gotcha glad you got it resolved had to be frustrating.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #1376 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 317
Quote:

That would be frustrating as hell. Can't you just get one that was not part of the bad batch though? If you have any pictures of the problem that would be awesome since noone who received any from the bad batch has ever come here to complain or document the problem. If you posted one then others with the problem would start to learn from your story and understand the issue is the same.

also, about the rinse and repeat part, keep in mind after doing the same repair a few times I believe they give you a refund or give you a newer model. Not worth it imo, but still not the same as being stuck after one year.
post #1377 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

And before you asked "YES" i was shot at many times for the freedom of America smile.gif

Thanks for your service from a former Marine A6 Intruder attack pilot. I couldn't see the bullets coming up from the jungle but I knew those little VC guys were pulling triggers. cool.gif

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #1378 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post

OK, this is my calibrated Custom which is the same as ISF Day.

Contrast 94
Brightness 58
Color 50
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Color Temp Normal
R High +8 Low 0
G High 0 Low 0
B High -23 Low 0

Enjoy!

Just want to say thx for this and Dnice to allow it. I was feeling the red push a bit with his original reference settings (especially on hockey and the comcast guide) and this cleared it up. Watched a lot of TV this past week and it's been amazing. Although the Comedy Central logo gives me a little IR (can see an outline shadow when viewing a white screen in that area), I know it's not permanent and will fade with mixed viewing smile.gif

I did his slides way back when I got the TV in May (I can't believe it's almost been a year!). 55" 1940 hours watched.
post #1379 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Im a word Champion Martial Artist in Tang Soo Do, Moo Duk Kwan, Jiu Jit SU, Hapkido, Five animal system Kung Fu..also A Pro Body Builder and was a ranked State Trooper..and then joined other various assigments that I cannot say...I doubt I would hurt anything breaking anything lol..its true...ooops another post, Thanks for the posters who wanted to help.

WOW! Five animal system Kung Fu, is there a forum on the internet dedicated to the Kung Fu too?

If so I assume they're much more serious over there, no joking around or laughing at members getting upset?

Dude, errr...Sir, I apologize for hurting your fellings, didn't mean to make you change your profile photo, although you look great all yolked out holding a sword or what ever the hell that is.

Welcome back sport and you ought to bring more than that little knife to a debate!
post #1380 of 2157 Old 03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

What Chunon is saying is exactly what I was thinking operator error. How could 3 Panasonic TV's all have the same issue?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt50 , Plasma Hdtv , Displays , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page