Cleaning where glass meets bezel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to clean my plasma, and I use a Ray Ban optical grade microfiber cloth and distilled water. My question is, how do you clean the crevice where the glass meets the bezel? I'm always afraid moisture from the cloth might seep into the plasma if I try to clean glass/bezel edge.

Should I just use a microfiber cloth that is only very slightly moist? What do you guys recommend?

I also already tried compressed air, and that didn't do much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by caunyd View Post

I want to clean my plasma.... My question is, how do you clean the crevice where the glass meets the bezel? .....

Oldest plasma we have is only bit over 4.5 years old: haven't felt the need to clean that crevice yet!

Microfiber seems safest choice; agree with your concern about using too much water...

For greasy finger prints on a monitor screen, I usually spritz a bit of lens cleaning solution onto a microfiber cloth & then gently rub. For GUNK at the bezel / screen interface would try the same - assuming cloth dampened with water failed to clean it.

Beyond that, if it was really bothering me, would probably haul out a high-powered vacuum and perhaps a soft brush - like a Lens Brush - and run the bristles along the crevice, hoping that the vacuum will remove any dislodged particles (as opposed to letting them slide down between the two surfaces!).

Good Luck!
post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 11:37 AM

Liked: 11
I always use a lightly damp Q-tip and very light pressure as to not scratch anything or get water seepage. It's always worked great.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page