Best 42" hdtv for gaming for $700 or under? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for good pq, minimal input lag and blur/judder. This will be used only for gaming. Ive had the st30 in mind but ive heard it suffers from judder in 30fps games. I currently play on a 27" crt and im happy w it besides the pq and the fact that its 4:3 rather than the current 16:9, just to give u an idea of wat im looking for. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 08:25 AM

I think the ST50 might be a good option. I heard it has better motion in 30fps games, no double image judder instead a slight fuzziness (sounds better to me). The two main things you'll want to consider are the motion judder in 30fps games and input lag.

I just got a 60ST30 before I knew about the motion judder even existed. It annoys me alot I still havent gotten used to it after almost a month but I got the TV on an open box great price deal so returning it isnt an option anymore. I almost hope something else goes wrong with it so Panasonic covers it and gives a refund or an ST50 replacement(sad).
post #3 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 10:06 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtylerx View Post

I think the ST50 might be a good option. I heard it has better motion in 30fps games, no double image judder instead a slight fuzziness (sounds better to me). The two main things you'll want to consider are the motion judder in 30fps games and input lag.

I just got a 60ST30 before I knew about the motion judder even existed. It annoys me alot I still havent gotten used to it after almost a month but I got the TV on an open box great price deal so returning it isnt an option anymore. I almost hope something else goes wrong with it so Panasonic covers it and gives a refund or an ST50 replacement(sad).

There is no 42" st50 if he is lucky he may find a ut50..
post #4 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 10:14 AM

post #5 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 388
The st30 does not suffer 'judder'-- it properly displays 30fps games as they were meant to be displayed. For what it's worth I have played several 30fps games on my 50" S30 with no ill affect. Of course, as soon as I play anything at 60 I'm disabled from playing anything at 30 for the rest of my session!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #6 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Of course, as soon as I play anything at 60 I'm disabled from playing anything at 30 for the rest of my session!

Are you telling us your 60 and can't handle someone half your age?
post #7 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Hey man, I'm looking to buy a Plasma for that same reason as you, as well as for watching sports.

Anyways, Paul's TVs has like 15 or so Panasonic 42" UT50's left in stock. I already put an order for mine. The UT50 I heard is a real winner this year, and it's around $700 so it certainly satisfies your budget. I'd definitely look into those if you haven't.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawzey View Post

Anyways, Paul's TVs has like 15 or so Panasonic 42" UT50's left in stock. I already put an order for mine. The UT50 I heard is a real winner this year, and it's around $700 so it certainly satisfies your budget. I'd definitely look into those if you haven't.

Join us in the UT50 club. I believe the UT50 is the hottest display this year by Panasonic. Upgraded panel, lack of filter for crisp motion picture, 3D with minimal crosstalk using 48hz, blacks that match upper models (read in UT50 thread for info), and a simple disney wow calibration nets you a very good picture all for a price tag that can't be passed.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page