post #91 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

Ouch.

Well, at least you saved some dough on the 3d glasses! Even if I was interested in 3d I wouldn't watch it on a Panasonic on account the glasses are so ridiculously priced. Hope the E8000 works out for you!

The Samsung glasses work for the Panasonic...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzt41j View Post

I keep noticing people talking about returning TV's, especially through Amazon. One guy tried like 10 TV's! Another one ordered two TV's and was going to send back the 'loser' (maybe send himself back - lol). Many posters talk about sending sets back instead of trying service calls.
Don't people realize this is going to end up costing us all money, and if Amazon smartens up perhaps even make them think about getting rid of their excellent return policy?
It just seems like people should have some ethics and deal honestly with these vendors.

This is AVS. People tend to be stuck on cloud 9 when it comes to real problems with a set. Countless times have I seen people state they have a problem with a set "when running slides."

Things like this need to just stop. Will it ever? Sadly no. 90% of these "issues/problems" with a set is something only someone at AVS would see or call an issue.

If you don't see it during ACTUAL content. It IS NOT a problem. It's YOU not learning to just plug your tv in and get right to enjoying your favorite movie.

Then you have the fan boys. People stating things about sets they have never owned or bashing a set simply because it wasn't a Panasonic. Most common fan boy tv issue today? Plasma vs LCD. It won't ever end. It should not be like that. Sadly. It is. So take anything stated with a grain of salt.

But that's just human nature I guess. There's always a fight for something. Who has the best OS. Phone. Gaming console. Etc....

Anyone shopping for a tv should never come here 1st. You'll be over thinking your recent buy within 10 mins. Most likely end up being a part of the "returned it from having uneven slides."

Buy a tv. Enjoy it. If something is legitimately wrong. Then return it. But please. Don't go looking for an issue. Nothing is perfect. Don't expect it to be.
post #93 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

This is AVS. People tend to be stuck on cloud 9 when it comes to real problems with a set. Countless times have I seen people state they have a problem with a set "when running slides."

Things like this need to just stop. Will it ever? Sadly no. 90% of these "issues/problems" with a set is something only someone at AVS would see or call an issue.

If you don't see it during ACTUAL content. It IS NOT a problem. It's YOU not learning to just plug your tv in and get right to enjoying your favorite movie.

Then you have the fan boys. People stating things about sets they have never owned or bashing a set simply because it wasn't a Panasonic. Most common fan boy tv issue today? Plasma vs LCD. It won't ever end. It should not be like that. Sadly. It is. So take anything stated with a grain of salt.

But that's just human nature I guess. There's always a fight for something. Who has the best OS. Phone. Gaming console. Etc....

Anyone shopping for a tv should never come here 1st. You'll be over thinking your recent buy within 10 mins. Most likely end up being a part of the "returned it from having uneven slides."

Buy a tv. Enjoy it. If something is legitimately wrong. Then return it. But please. Don't go looking for an issue. Nothing is perfect. Don't expect it to be.

+1 and Amen
post #94 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 AM

Liked: 10
I just received a Samsung PN60E7000 that I brought from Crutchfield.com. The television had to be shipped all the way across the country from Charlottsville Virginia to Los Angeles. took a week to get here. I got it last Saturday via CEVA Shipping, a shipping company that couldn't do anything right if they tried, I was supposed to get it on Thursday but was postponed to Saturday and then they called to tell me on Saturday that it probably wouldn't get to me till Monday. That's when I said NO WAY and got on the Phone to Crutchfield.com and told them to get CEVA to get me my television that Saturday of cancel the order and they actually did get CEVA to get my television that Saturday.

I finally get the television, get it out the box, install the stand, set it up where I'm going to permanently position it and plug it in and turn it on and then, BUZZ, BUZZ, BUZZ. The television is buzzing like I've never heard a plasma buzz before, more than than the normal buzz that all plasma's make. After doing some research I find out that this is a common defect with Samsung plasma's (Google "Samsung Buzz) so of course my first inclination is to return the television to Crutchfield.com but I assume that it would have to go all the way back to Virginia. I've also heard that some people who have brought this make and model have had to return 4 or more of these plasma television to get one that doesn't buzz. So I have to make a decision on what to do, go through a weary cycle of returning unit after unit trying to get one that doesn't buzz or go through Samsung. I decided to go through Samsung to get a fix for this problem. It isn't Crutchfield.com's fault that this plasma is defective and I don't see why they should have to bear the brunt of the cost involved in shipping television's back and forth across the country to resolve this issue. Samsung is responsible for this. I intend to make Samsung get me a PN60E7000 that does not buzz one way or another and if it takes 4 or more units to go through to do this then so be it.
post #95 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Airman23, I agree that the manufacturer should be held accountable for these issues rather than the retailer.

Unfortunately, the way it usually works out, for those that buy the sets local, like me, it seems so much easier to just get the retailer involved because often they will take care of you, and in a week or less you can have a replacement, delivered and set up. Like you said, the unfortunate thing is the retailer is taking the hit because the manufacturers have quality control issues. On the one hand, that's just part of being a retailer - knowing that some of what you carry can have flaws or issues due to the manufacturer. But I understand it's unfortunate that they often get return after return when really it should be Samsung or Panasonic or whoever else is responsible for the issue.

I think part of the reason for the tendency to return to the retailer is convenience. It's a lot quicker and easier to pack the tv up into the car, or call Best Buy and have them arrange for a swap or exchange, than to call the manufacturer and go through the nightmare of navigating through their phone structure, waiting for a rep, explaining the issue, get connected to tech support (or maybe get told you have to wait 48 hours for a return call), then hopefully convince them to connect you to the department responsible for the exchange or service call, then wait who knows how long for them to get the set exchanged. It doesn't help when tech support doesn't usually know what you're talking about either.

It's so much easier to just call Best Buy and go through them. You would think if a retailer gets enough returns of a particular model they would contact the manufacturer and voice their concern.
post #96 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 08:16 AM

Liked: 10
Am I missing something or when you return a set and say it's buzzing like you've never heard before, don't the retailers take that up with the manufacturer? I have a hard time believing Best Buy, Amazon, etc. eat all these Samsung tvs. In fact, I'm pretty sure when I returned my buzzing 64E550 they set it up to confirm it was defective unit for 2 reasons: 1) not to resell and 2) to send back to the manufacturer.
post #97 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaSTrOphiK View Post

The Samsung glasses work for the Panasonic...

We'll see how long that lasts! Lol!

Either way it's no skin off my back as I couldn't possibly care any less about 3d other than the fact I'd be forced to pay for it if I were buying a new tv nowadays. The passive 3d seems reasonable to entertain children-- but alas it's only available on LCD.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #98 of 98 Old 05-23-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Almost forgot. Placing your ear against the set or muting the TV to hear a buzz is not a problem....

Only on AVS...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page