Panasonic TC-P50UT50 vs Samsung PN51E550 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For within dollars of the same price which is the better TV. 3D performance is important to me, because I really enjoy 3D movies. The fact that the Samsung comes with 2 pairs of glasses is nice, but since you can get Samsung's universal glasses for $20 a pair now, its not a deal breaker that the Panasonic does not. So, basically my question is which television will give me better 2D and 3D picture quality?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

I agree that they should include at least one pair (two would be better). Samsung has shown that glasses do not need to cost a ton of money any more. I'm really leaning toward the UT50 because of the reputation of Panasonic plasmas.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Based on the performance of samsung's other products my expectation is the 3d on the 550 will likely be better than the UT. Of course, this is all speculation based on reviews and not actual observations.

In 2d, I would expect the UT to trounce the 550. Again-- speculation, but unless Samsung has dramatically increased the quality of their entry level line the UT50 looks to be the hands down favorite amongst the budget videophile crowd. Personally, the UT makes me wish I would have waited a year! :P
I don't care about 3d but the increased contrast of the 2012 line over the 2011 line makes for a satisfying bump in relative PQ.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #4 of 6 Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I own the UT50 and feel that the PQ is worth twice as much as the set costs. As for the 3D, I can't comment since I have not watched any 3D on my set, but the 2D picture is outstanding.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have decided I think I am going to spend a bit more and go for the TC-P55UT50 cause I don't think I will be happy with a 50" I'd like to go for the 60" but it is beyond my budget.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post

For within dollars of the same price which is the better TV. 3D performance is important to me, because I really enjoy 3D movies. The fact that the Samsung comes with 2 pairs of glasses is nice, but since you can get Samsung's universal glasses for $20 a pair now, its not a deal breaker that the Panasonic does not. So, basically my question is which television will give me better 2D and 3D picture quality?

Thinking about these 2 myself for the bedroom as the 65" vt50 occupies the living room my old 40" Sony LCD isn't cutting it in the bedroom.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51e550 51 Inch 3d Slim Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50ut50 50 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page