Another 55" ST30 buzz thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll save the long story, here are the facts. Tv in discussion is a 55" Panasonic ST30

1. Bought a few months ago. Broke in with D-nice settings. Then used his playing settings.
2. NO buzzing of any kind until about a week ago.
3. Buzzing is VERY loud at about 8ft viewing distance. Loud enough where it's VERY noticeable at regular volume level. Enough to make the wife complain so I know it's not just my finickiness.
4. Only analyzed while watching basic cable. When screen goes black in-between commercials, buzzing stops for that period. So it's not that it's greater when displaying solid colors like I saw in a previous thread.
5. Most of the sound seems to be coming from the top-left quadrant while facing the TV.
6. Again bought from amazon a few months ago.
7. Have one of the later builds.

So the questions. What can I do? What kind of support does Panasonic offer for this. I feel it's getting bad enough where I can't live with it.....nor should I have to. If I even could return it to amazon, it would probably be for just money as I'm sure they no longer stock this item.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 486
After a few months of silent operation, my boss's 60" ST30 started buzzing out of nowhere. He was able to isolate the sound as coming from the upper right quadrant when standing behind the TV. I had him contact Panasonic who then arranged a phone call with their local repair center. They questioned him about the buzzing then said "it's probably loose screws that need to be tightened." He scoffed. They sent a tech out and his wife said they removed the back, checked the buzzing, and tightened some screws before putting the rear cover back on and it hasn't buzzed since. She doesn't know what they tightened but they were in and out in less than a half hour.

I thought it was going to be a bad coil on a board or a cracked power supply transformer, but they didn't have to replace any parts. YMMV.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 4 Old 05-24-2012, 03:35 AM

Call panasonic and have them fix it. Mine had the exact same problems but was out of warranty. I took off the back cover and the panel on the upper left, looking at the tv, had a loose screw. I tightened it up and haven't had the buzz since. Easy fix.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-24-2012, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll give Panasonic a call and let them deal with it, as I'm sure it's still under warranty.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page