post #451 of 1561 Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexSombra View Post

Just a question guys, I read in the site I bought the TV that the exact model is TC-P42UT50B. What's that B? Is the same TV from this topic? I thought it was just TC-P42UT50.

The "B" signifies that it is a European model. In the US there are no suffix letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1561 Old 12-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

The "B" signifies that it is a European model. In the US there are no suffix letters.

Mine here it stated: P50UT50K

I just bought the TV, I'm from Malaysia. Please help me to convert your value settings to ASIA region. please..please.please...
post #453 of 1561 Old 12-31-2012, 11:19 PM

Can someone put this image up on their panel, and tell me how the green text looks? For some reason, it's not all green for me. White text looks great, but the green looks grey in some areas! confused.gif

http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/73494791/original.jpg
post #454 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 AM

Hi, Just registered to post this query. There's reference to some settings in the original post by PathofNeo but i don't see them anywhere. Could someone provide a link to these (or whatever are the current favoured settings). Thanks.
post #455 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Bu View Post

Hi, Just registered to post this query. There's reference to some settings in the original post by PathofNeo but i don't see them anywhere. Could someone provide a link to these (or whatever are the current favoured settings). Thanks.

He has taken those settings down, try Anikun07's settings they get positive reviews.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #456 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 07:21 AM

That's post 250 right? Also i'm from UK and i've read there are some differences between the US and EU models. Would those settings be ok? I've read there are some settings on AVForums for UK owners but can't seem to find them anywhere.
post #457 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu Bu View Post

That's post 250 right? Also i'm from UK and i've read there are some differences between the US and EU models. Would those settings be ok? I've read there are some settings on AVForums for UK owners but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Oh sorry didn't realize you have the Euro variant, not sure those setting will translate.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #458 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Nevermind, thanks for the help. I'll try those settings and see what i get.
post #459 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

He has taken those settings down, try Anikun07's settings they get positive reviews.

Doesn't anyone read past posts? I think we've covered this at least once a week since they've been taken down...
post #460 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Folks want that immediate answer unfortunaltely guess we could stop answering :-)

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #461 of 1561 Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Hey Guys!

I have a few questions, my tv model is a P42UT50W-2 and the setting posted here don't apply because the menu is different , where could i find some kind of settings for this model (W).

Other thing, what usb wifi antenna or adapter should i get if i want to connect this tv to the internet and dos it make any difference if i update my tv software?
post #462 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantonio82 View Post

Can someone put this image up on their panel, and tell me how the green text looks? For some reason, it's not all green for me. White text looks great, but the green looks grey in some areas! confused.gif
http://www.pbase.com/jackcnd/image/73494791/original.jpg

The green text does look a little 'off', with some grey blotches in it. Isn't this to do with chroma subsampling? The TV can't do 4:4:4, and it'll never be the best choice for a monitor substitute.

I also see a slight scattering of dither around the green letters.

Can you do me a favor and try this slide:

...and tell me if it looks like this on your TV close up:

There seems to be an awful lot of 'leakage' into surrounding pixels, right? Those white horizonal lines appear to be three pixels thick when they should be one pixel. I took a filtered photo which shows what the lines would look like if they were in fact a single pixel thick: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #463 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post

The green text does look a little 'off', with some grey blotches in it. Isn't this to do with chroma subsampling? The TV can't do 4:4:4, and it'll never be the best choice for a monitor substitute.
I also see a slight scattering of dither around the green letters.
Can you do me a favor and try this slide: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
...and tell me if it looks like this on your TV close up: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There seems to be an awful lot of 'leakage' into surrounding pixels, right? Those white horizonal lines appear to be three pixels thick when they should be one pixel. I took a filtered photo which shows what the lines would look like if they were in fact a single pixel thick: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Yeah it looks just as bad on my panel. I get that heavy "bleeding", mostly on the horizontal green! I took a macro shot of my own.

I get a slightly different result when I use my Xbox to display the same image. The green line looks like it's made of actual green pixels on the Xbox. While the white line seems to have more bleed. Makes me wonder if it's the Media Players mishandling the content.

post #464 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantonio82 View Post

Yeah it looks just as bad on my panel. I get that heavy "bleeding", mostly on the horizontal green! I took a macro shot of my own. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I get a slightly different result when I use my Xbox to display the same image. The green line looks like it's made of actual green pixels on the Xbox. While the white line seems to have more bleed. Makes me wonder if it's the Media Players mishandling the content. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Thanks.

Yes, the xbox image doesn't look 1:1 mapped at all. But your first one doesn't look as bad as mine on the white horizontal - maybe it's the camera though.
post #465 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oubadah View Post

Thanks.
Yes, the xbox image doesn't look 1:1 mapped at all. But your first one doesn't look as bad as mine on the white horizontal - maybe it's the camera though.

Viewing the image through my Blu-ray player (DMP-BDT220) gives me 1:1 horizontally. The line is not made up of purely green pixels, so it appears white. I guess this is further evidence that the Tv's built in media player is causing the noise.

post #466 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM

I've put a few hundred hours of viewing on this TV now and I want to play around with the service menu settings that anikun posted. I've been running with the cinema picture settings that were posted and I really like them. I know that each TV is unique in their picture settings so I'll take the service menu adjustments with a grain of salt. Assuming that some of my default service menu cut/drv values may be different, I'm wondering what adjustment would be better to go with - the number of clicks or the final hex value? I don't have a meter to test it, I'll just be using my eye to judge it in the end. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!
post #467 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

In theory I would think the final hex values would be more accurate worth a shot just make sure you write down your default values, or reference the sd space they arent impacted there.. I went thru this exercise with my 2010 gt25 and got very mixed results, no substitute for your own personalized diy or pro cal.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #468 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 09:22 AM

Hey can anyone give me the calibration settings for the 50" UT50? I see they Neo's settings are under construction but my tv looks terrible after trying the CNET settings. Help please I can' afford the ST.

thanks,
post #469 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ut50guy View Post

Hey can anyone give me the calibration settings for the 50" UT50? I see they Neo's settings are under construction but my tv looks terrible after trying the CNET settings. Help please I can' afford the ST.
thanks,

You can look back at previous pages, I think I have picture mode settings somewhere like page 6-8 and a few pages back, maybe 12, I have full white balance settings.
post #470 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM

Thanks for getting back to me Anikun,

Ok i have spent the day reading your this tread... and man i have to say are you a professional because you sure do sound like it. Anyway, a lot of people owe you big time.

I have a question for you. I have used your settings picture mode settings and the TV looks good. Do I need to enter the service menu? Is it worth it? Will it make it look even better? Also, I don't know how Neo is doing (hopefully everything is ok with his family) but I was wondering if his settings are the same as yours? (the ones on page 6 or 7 you posted).

thanks,

kev,
post #471 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for getting back to me Anikun,
Ok i have spent the day reading your this tread... and man i have to say are you a professional because you sure do sound like it. Anyway, a lot of people owe you big time.
I have a question for you. I have used your settings picture mode settings and the TV looks good. Do I need to enter the service menu? Is it worth it? Will it make it look even better? Also, I don't know how Neo is doing (hopefully everything is ok with his family) but I was wondering if his settings are the same as yours? (the ones on page 6 or 7 you posted).
thanks,
kev,

Thanks for reading past posts, there's probably a lot of questions you had that got answered. By entering the service menu you might make the picture better or you might not. I would expect it to be an improvement, but it would be highly unlikely that you would have a picture with grayscale at D65. Also remember that the service menu can mess up your TV if you change something you shouldn't. I don't want to scare you away from trying it, just a disclaimer. Just be careful and be certain of the changes you make and the buttons you press. It's not difficult to change the color temps but even I forget what mode I'm in sometimes because I'm in and out of it so frequently. At least a couple times I changed my warm and normal temps when I meant to be editing cool. I don't know PathofNeo's settig after his UT50 was calibrated by D-Nice. But before I think he recommended custom with brightness at 58 (?) and contrast at 78, color 48, tint 48/-2. After his calibration he learned that Cinema Mode is the only true movie viewing mode because it has proper gamma. But I don't remember his settings.
post #472 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 02:01 PM

Thanks Anikon,

I'll stick to your picture settings. I just went into the service menu after having read the crappy service manual. I didn't make it to far man. All i did was press the number 2 twice and i think it went into vivid mode or something. the screen went white and then i pressed 1 to get back to the sub menu.... it seemed to be a very vivid picture. I shut the tv off and when i started it back up again it was on cinema with your settings... hopefully i didnt screw the tv up.

Here is what happened.

Service menu opened.

I pressed 2

SRV-TOOL VIVID 00

I pressed 2 again and it went to a white screen

I pressed 1 to go back to main screen....

That's how far i made it... pathetic eh.

How do i get to the setting you gave us?
I can't quit until I see the picture everyone on this forum is talking about.

kev,
post #473 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM

Liked: 17
anikun07- I don't think I thanked you for posting the +/- values for the WB so... Thank you! Your SM + Picture settings make my TV look great. I dialed down the contrast from 90 to 85 but that was the only change I made. I'm not sure if my grayscale is D65 or not but it sure looks fantastic. I just watched the remake of Total Recall last night and WOW what a visually stunning movie. Again, thank you. I'm curious what is the manufactured date on your TV? Mine is July 2012.

LB

BTW... Happy New Year Everyone!!!biggrin.gif
post #474 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

It is daunting at first. Keep pressing 1 or 2 and it cycles through. You'll see color temp options, by default the TV goes into vivid for the service menu. The controls are listed on the menu, 9 changes picture mode, 7 changes color temp I THINK, but it says on the menu. 3 and 4 cycles through RGB cut and drive. There is a video on youtube that shows what to do, too.
post #475 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 PM

This msg goes out to Anikun, Neo, Buddha and all the other geniuses on this website.

I have been trying to dial in my 50inch UT 50 and it is starting to become an obsession (my wife is pissed). I have used Anikons picture settings and i have not done anything in the service menu (well i hope i didn't change anything-read previous post by me). The picture is very good,,, but sometimes depending on the channel etc not so good. I do like the cinema setting the best.

Here is my question and i know it has been talked about over and over. But please help me out. I just bought a 55" ST50 (on sale $1299 from bestbuy). I put in the CNET settings and the picture was awesome. When I was looking up these settings i saw this forum and started reading about how good the UT50 was. So i went on the best buy website and saw that it was on sale as well for $699 so i went and bought one. In the end after tax (canadian tax) I will save $700 by keeping the UT 50" and returning the ST 55". I thought this was a great idea.... but now im wondering if i should just keep the original ST50.

Like i said i know that there is no right answer to this question. But if you guys were in my shoes what would you do?
post #476 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This msg goes out to Anikun, Neo, Buddha and all the other geniuses on this website.
I have been trying to dial in my 50inch UT 50 and it is starting to become an obsession (my wife is pissed). I have used Anikons picture settings and i have not done anything in the service menu (well i hope i didn't change anything-read previous post by me). The picture is very good,,, but sometimes depending on the channel etc not so good. I do like the cinema setting the best.
Here is my question and i know it has been talked about over and over. But please help me out. I just bought a 55" ST50 (on sale $1299 from bestbuy). I put in the CNET settings and the picture was awesome. When I was looking up these settings i saw this forum and started reading about how good the UT50 was. So i went on the best buy website and saw that it was on sale as well for $699 so i went and bought one. In the end after tax (canadian tax) I will save $700 by keeping the UT 50" and returning the ST 55". I thought this was a great idea.... but now im wondering if i should just keep the original ST50.
Like i said i know that there is no right answer to this question. But if you guys were in my shoes what would you do?

My opinion, do you need wi-fi or can you hard wire the internet if you use it? Do you need the anti reflection filter? Do you need the web browser? Remember, a 50' or 100' Ethernet cables is pretty cheap online if you have a router near by. If you don't need those features and would rather save the money, I would go with the UT50.
post #477 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 03:06 PM

Liked: 17
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR ANIKUN'S WARM WB SETTINGS

Note: To make any changes you have to point the remote at the television.

To change the (HD)HIGH DEFINITION white balance Make sure you have a HD image on screen before entering the service menu.

To change the (SD)STANDARD DEFINITION white balance make sure you have SD image on screen before entering the service menu.

To enter the service menu hold down on the volume (on the television)
and press the info button on the remote 4 times while pointing it at the television.

Press #1 twice to get to WB-ADJ
Press #9 twice to get to Cinema
Color Temp should be WARM if not Press #7 until it is.

record the number for R-Cut press #3
record the number for G-Cut press #3
record the number for B-Cut press #3

record the number for R-Drv press #3
record the number for G-Drv press #3
record the number for B-Drv press #3

record the number for All-Cut press #3
record the number for All-Drv press #3

Once you recorded your defaults you are ready to try anikun’s settings.

You should be back to R-Cut now if not press 3 until you get there.
Press the volume button + 3 times then press button #3
You should be on G-Cut
Press the volume button - 18 times then press button #3
You should be on B-Cut
Press the volume button - 26 times then press button #3

You should be on R-Drv
Press the volume button - 20 times then press button #3
You should be on G-Drv
Press button #3 because you don't have to make changes to G-Drv
You should be on B-Drv
Press the volume button + 25 times then press button #3

You can turn the power off on the side of your television now because All-Cut & All-Drv change when you change the RGB Cut/Drv settings.

LB
sLyx620 and Jantonio82 like this.
post #478 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 03:19 PM

Happy New Year everyone,just wanted to say thanks read all the posts and bought the ut55 on your recommendations have a fantastic picture with Anikuno7 settings.going into service menu was a breeze with your help thanks again:D
post #479 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM

I've found some settings in a brazilian forum(for the european version), here it goes:

I've just translated the words in portuguese, I don't know if they are exaclty like that in the english menus.

Vizualization mode = True Cinema
Contrast = 83
Brightness = 0
Color = 43
Sharpness = 0
Intense Colors = OFF
Eco mode = OFF
P-NR = OFF

White Balance
R-Gain = -2
G-Gain = 0
B-Gain = 14
R-Cutoff = 1
G-Cutoff = -10
B-Cutoff = -9

Color adjustment
Tint R = 1
Tint G = 22
Tint B = 0
Saturation R = -2
Saturation G = 30
Saturation B = 7
Luminance R = -2
Luminance G = -5
Luminance B = 2

Gamma = 2.4

3D calibration : http://imageshack.us/g/193/cie3d.jpg/
post #480 of 1561 Old 01-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Thanks Buddha and Anikun for everything. Happy new year. Not everyone takes the time to help others in need. You guys do and you guys rock!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page