The Official Panasonic UT50 Settings/Issues Thread - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1081 of 1571 Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey fellas, I just upgraded to the pioneer htp-071 5.1 surround sound system and I have to hook everything up individually anyone have this system I don't really have a clue how to use this thing any help would be awesome
Tk111 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1082 of 1571 Old 03-16-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JSpectre88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Hey fellas, I just upgraded to the pioneer htp-071 5.1 surround sound system and I have to hook everything up individually anyone have this system I don't really have a clue how to use this thing any help would be awesome

It's pretty simple, run all your devices to the AVR through HDMI, and then hook up the AVR to the TV through HDMI. Assign your devices to use all the input shortcuts, then you can just switch between all your devices on the same TV input. There should be different presets on the AVR, assign whatever HDMI slot you're using on the preset for the appropriate device.
JSpectre88 is offline  
post #1083 of 1571 Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpectre88 View Post

It's pretty simple, run all your devices to the AVR through HDMI, and then hook up the AVR to the TV through HDMI. Assign your devices to use all the input shortcuts, then you can just switch between all your devices on the same TV input. There should be different presets on the AVR, assign whatever HDMI slot you're using on the preset for the appropriate device.
I did that now all I need to do is set up the proper sound there are so many different settings(crazy)
Tk111 is offline  
post #1084 of 1571 Old 03-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Okay, here are the settings I use for my 50" UT50.
Will these settings apply to the tc60pu54 ? And if so could you give me the exact process on how to do it? I know how to get into the service menu to check hours and that's it, I would be very greatfull.

Cinema Mode

Basic Settings

Contrast: +90
Brightness: +49
Color: +48
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Color Temp: Warm 2 (Calibrated to D65)
Color Mgmt.: Off
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Off


Aspect Adjustments

Screen Format: Full
HD Size: Size 2
H Size: Size 1

HDMI Settings

HDMI/DVI RGB Range- HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Standard 16-235
Content Type - HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Off


Advanced Picture

3D Y/C Filter: Off (Grayed Out)
Color Matrix: HD (Grayed Out)
Block NR: Off (Grayed Out)

Mosquito NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: Off
24p Direct In: 60 Hz



Custom Mode


Basic Settings

Contrast: +84
Brightness: +56
Color: +48
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Color Temp: Normal (calibrated to D65)
Color Mgmt.: Off
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Off


Aspect Adjustments

Screen Format: Full
HD Size: Size 2
H Size: Size 1

HDMI Settings

HDMI/DVI RGB Range- HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Standard 16-235
Content Type - HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Off


Advanced Picture

3D Y/C Filter: Off (Grayed Out)
Color Matrix: HD (Grayed Out)
Block NR: Off (Grayed Out)

Mosquito NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: Off
24p Direct In: 60 Hz



3D Cinema Mode


Basic Settings

Contrast: +85
Brightness: +57
Color: +48
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

Color Temp: Warm 2 (Calibrated to D65)
Color Mgmt.: Off
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Off


Aspect Adjustments

Screen Format: Full
HD Size: Size 2
H Size: Size 1

HDMI Settings

HDMI/DVI RGB Range- HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Standard 16-235
Content Type - HDMI 1 & HDMI 2: Off


Advanced Picture

3D Y/C Filter: Off (Grayed Out)
Color Matrix: HD (Grayed Out)
Block NR: Off (Grayed Out)

Mosquito NR: Off
Motion Smoother: Off
Black Level: Light
3:2 Pulldown: Off
24p Direct In: 60 Hz

System Menu Settings =>3D Settings
Auto Detect 3D: Auto 1
3d Signal Notification: On
2D => 3D Depth: Medium
3D Adjustment: 0
Left/Right Swap: Normal
Diagonal Line Filter: Off


AND THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR....

White Balance via Service Menu. I've calibrated both Warm and Normal to D65 and this is the closest I could get.


Warm Color Temp Using Cinema Mode

R Cut 84
G Cut 6E
B Cut 65

R Drive EF
G Drive FF
B Drive 96

All Cut 84
All Drive FF



Normal Color Temp Using Custom Mode

R Cut 7F
G Cut 6A
B Cut 60

R Drive EF
G Drive FF
B Drive 97

All Cut 7F
All Drive FF

I don't think it really matter which picture mode you use as long as the primary adjustments are accurate, WB shouldn't change much. Keep in mind that WB controls are very TV specific so just because this is what make D65 on my TV with 329 hours on it (I just checked and it was 329:00 smile.gif) doesn't mean your TV will be D65.
RandorBR likes this.
Tk111 is offline  
post #1085 of 1571 Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Will these settings apply to the tc60pu54-2 ? If so could you explain exactly how I do this? I only know how to check hours, I will be very greatfull.
Tk111 is offline  
post #1086 of 1571 Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Member
 
Kris Weatherbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just got the Onkyo TX-NR515 and I was just wondering if I should use the AVR scaler or let the 60UT50 handle it. All my sources ouput 1080p except my satellite reciever, which poops out 720p/1080i, i'm using 720p.
Kris Weatherbee is offline  
post #1087 of 1571 Old 03-18-2013, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 5,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 509
I would say use the Avr scaler probably superior to the ut50 one
Kris Weatherbee likes this.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
chunon is online now  
post #1088 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Newbie
 
justaplasmaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using anikun07's most recent calibration settings, but I decided to look at the AVS HD 709 Calibration stuff, following HD Nation's video tutorial a bit.

One thing I noticed setting Brightness was where they say to set it so that line 16 doesn't show, anikun07's instructed settings (Contrast 88, Brightness and Color 48) on my TV don't begin to show the lines until 22 or so. They instruct to ideally try to get as many lines to show on Contrast above 235, and I found I could only see every line once it was turned all the way down to 39, making my screen very dim. In the end, to show all the lines as instructed, I had Contrast 39, Brightness 62, and left everything else alone.

I wondered if anikun07's settings were specific to achieving something in his readings. For Brightness, he says in parentheses: "Based on Target Y fL". I don't know what that means; searched and couldn't find an explanation. It makes me wonder if the service menu settings anyway should go with these specific Picture settings for some measured reason though? And if the Brightness lines not showing up below 22 are accounted for.

I figured 39 Contrast was too low and defeated the purpose of seeing anything the way it was meant to be seen for details in the whites. Obviously the image was affected by a setting so low. I noticed I could turn Contrast all the way up and still 235 and a little above would show. It actually seems 93 and above don't show any difference, and aside from dimness, I can't get more Contrast lines to show until I get to below 50, meaning always a dim, dim picture.

Right now, I tried leaving the Contrast up since it doesn't seem like you can technically mess that up - for my own sake of not having a dim picture, and adjust my Brightness to 60 to show all lines above 16.

I was hoping someone could explain which I should do. Are anikun07's Picture settings meant to compliment the service menu settings, and the Brightness levels are accounted for not showing below 22, or should I tweak mine as I did?

Thanks.
justaplasmaguy is offline  
post #1089 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 5,162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaplasmaguy View Post

I've been using anikun07's most recent calibration settings, but I decided to look at the AVS HD 709 Calibration stuff, following HD Nation's video tutorial a bit.

One thing I noticed setting Brightness was where they say to set it so that line 16 doesn't show, anikun07's instructed settings (Contrast 88, Brightness and Color 48) on my TV don't begin to show the lines until 22 or so. They instruct to ideally try to get as many lines to show on Contrast above 235, and I found I could only see every line once it was turned all the way down to 39, making my screen very dim. In the end, to show all the lines as instructed, I had Contrast 39, Brightness 62, and left everything else alone.

I wondered if anikun07's settings were specific to achieving something in his readings. For Brightness, he says in parentheses: "Based on Target Y fL". I don't know what that means; searched and couldn't find an explanation. It makes me wonder if the service menu settings anyway should go with these specific Picture settings for some measured reason though? And if the Brightness lines not showing up below 22 are accounted for.

I figured 39 Contrast was too low and defeated the purpose of seeing anything the way it was meant to be seen for details in the whites. Obviously the image was affected by a setting so low. I noticed I could turn Contrast all the way up and still 235 and a little above would show. It actually seems 93 and above don't show any difference, and aside from dimness, I can't get more Contrast lines to show until I get to below 50, meaning always a dim, dim picture.

Right now, I tried leaving the Contrast up since it doesn't seem like you can technically mess that up - for my own sake of not having a dim picture, and adjust my Brightness to 60 to show all lines above 16.

I was hoping someone could explain which I should do. Are anikun07's Picture settings meant to compliment the service menu settings, and the Brightness levels are accounted for not showing below 22, or should I tweak mine as I did?

Thanks.

Every tv is different your brightness and contrast should be set using the disc imo If it takes 60 to show the lines correctly that is the correct setting, I believe he used and aternate method for setting brightness. As for contrast it is the highest setting that doesnt clip and doenst cause eye fatigue. I'd say your in the ballpark with that 93 setting for contrast

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
chunon is online now  
post #1090 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaplasmaguy View Post

I've been using anikun07's most recent calibration settings, but I decided to look at the AVS HD 709 Calibration stuff, following HD Nation's video tutorial a bit.

One thing I noticed setting Brightness was where they say to set it so that line 16 doesn't show, anikun07's instructed settings (Contrast 88, Brightness and Color 48) on my TV don't begin to show the lines until 22 or so. They instruct to ideally try to get as many lines to show on Contrast above 235, and I found I could only see every line once it was turned all the way down to 39, making my screen very dim. In the end, to show all the lines as instructed, I had Contrast 39, Brightness 62, and left everything else alone.

I wondered if anikun07's settings were specific to achieving something in his readings. For Brightness, he says in parentheses: "Based on Target Y fL". I don't know what that means; searched and couldn't find an explanation. It makes me wonder if the service menu settings anyway should go with these specific Picture settings for some measured reason though? And if the Brightness lines not showing up below 22 are accounted for.

I figured 39 Contrast was too low and defeated the purpose of seeing anything the way it was meant to be seen for details in the whites. Obviously the image was affected by a setting so low. I noticed I could turn Contrast all the way up and still 235 and a little above would show. It actually seems 93 and above don't show any difference, and aside from dimness, I can't get more Contrast lines to show until I get to below 50, meaning always a dim, dim picture.

Right now, I tried leaving the Contrast up since it doesn't seem like you can technically mess that up - for my own sake of not having a dim picture, and adjust my Brightness to 60 to show all lines above 16.

I was hoping someone could explain which I should do. Are anikun07's Picture settings meant to compliment the service menu settings, and the Brightness levels are accounted for not showing below 22, or should I tweak mine as I did?

Thanks.

Yes, one thing they don't tell you in the tutorial, or don't explain properly perhaps, is that the setting for contrast is not to set it too high. Too high would mean that colors are clipping (red, blue, or green can't go any brighter but the other's can). This might make a white screen turn pink or orange as contrast is turned up. Also, on plasma, since we don't have a backlight setting contrast is also our brightness control. So for a good brightness I recommend 80-90. Brightness on the other hand you should be able to see line 17. I set mine to where I can see dithering on 17 and not on 16, and I get right up to the screen for this. Some folks say to do it with your typical lighting from your seating position, I just choose to do it my way. What Target Y ftL means is the ideal brightness. Target meaning the ideal value (please don't take offense, I'm really not posting this because I think anyone is an idiot:)), Y is the brightness value, ftL is the abbreviation for Foot Lamberts, which is a measurement of brightness. So when taking readings with the meter in the software there is a target gamma value, I use 2.2, and based on darkest black (which can also be substituted with 0 for the value) there are ideal brightness marks to follow the gamma curve. I know it's kind of complicated and technical, but basically what it means is that by visually setting brightness at 56/57 is different than the software's recommended target at 48.
justaplasmaguy likes this.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1091 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Could someone please test a scene from Game Of Thrones season 2, episode 1, if you have the blu-ray its the start of a chapter so its easy to find, its the scene where the directors camera is looking up at the meteor its day time to, what I need tested that if on your set, when the camera starts to shift downwards can you guys see the horizontal banding on the left side, itll appear shadowy over the blue sky as the screen shifts, if my set is defective Ill be on my 3rd exchange : / ... but if this is noticeable on other peoples set then i'll live with it.. I can't notice it anywhere else but on scenes like the 1 I mentioned above and/or when using your set as a monitor and your in your browser and scroll up and down simultaneously and can see the banding around the center of screen, its not line bleeding because the band stays in the same spot as the screen when you scroll up and down, while the lettering moves, anyone who can do this for me I greatly appreciate your time.. as this will be the last thing I ask for this set. because everything else possibly of asking is normal with the UT series..thanks guys much appreciated.
iballin88 is offline  
post #1092 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Are you watching from PC of BDP? If you're watching from the PC then I would consider it part of the PC's rendering.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1093 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
He
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

I did that now all I need to do is set up the proper sound there are so many different settings(crazy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Are you watching from PC of BDP? If you're watching from the PC then I would consider it part of the PC's rendering.
Hey Anikun I put your service menu settings into 60u54 and 50u54 and they look great my only problem was I wrote down the vivid warm RGB RGB down and not the cinema RGB RGB I did however copy the correct default cinema warm settings for the 50u54, will the default 50u54 be the same as the 60u54? Sorry to but into your other matter...
Tk111 is offline  
post #1094 of 1571 Old 03-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Never
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

He

Hey Anikun I put your service menu settings into 60u54 and 50u54 and they look great my only problem was I wrote down the vivid warm RGB RGB down and not the cinema RGB RGB I did however copy the correct default cinema warm settings for the 50u54, will the default 50u54 be the same as the 60u54? Sorry to but into your other matter...
nevermind I figured out that the default warm would be the same no matter what picture mode...
Tk111 is offline  
post #1095 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 04:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Never
nevermind I figured out that the default warm would be the same no matter what picture mode...

Yep, you got it.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1096 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Are you watching from PC of BDP? If you're watching from the PC then I would consider it part of the PC's rendering.
BDP does it too..same spot as when im using the computer and scrolling up and down on a browser page..its banding of some sort, its not like full out banding, but when the camera pans down from the meteor in the sky and shifts down to the land, in the blue background on the left you can start seeing banding going horizontally, i just really wanna find out if someone else experiences this on the same situation , like i said i dont see it on 90% of viewing, but ide like to know if others have this cause I can exchange it again if they dont
iballin88 is offline  
post #1097 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Can you try it on a different TV or display? I would also try changing picture mode settings like NR/Mosquito filter, HDMI type (graphic, etc), color space (auto, RGB).
anikun07 is offline  
post #1098 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Can you try it on a different TV or display? I would also try changing picture mode settings like NR/Mosquito filter, HDMI type (graphic, etc), color space (auto, RGB).
ive tried everything brother, have you tried scrolling up and down in your PC browser?? If you see it too when scrolling up and down on say a google page with search results anything with scroll distance enough to move the scrolly up and down, and on the left is where you should see it itll appear as a dark shadow in the mid section, if anyone else has a min and can try this ill be able to rest easy if im not the only one with this


I would just take it back again to see if it goes away but the 55'' is hardly easy to transport lol =( but i am someone who notices every little thing with stuff so it could also be that.. and it barely bothers me but if its not supposed to be there on shifting up and down situations then I feel entitled to a proper set, im sure anyone would feel the same, best way someone could test this for me is scroll up and down on there PC in the browser with the white backround making it easy to see, and while scrolling look on the left side of the screen mid section while scrolling and tell me if you guys see the shadowy band running horizontal please and thanks ;D OR another way to tell is go on xbox360 or ps3 and play call of duty , go into a level with a bright sky , look directly into the sky and shift your vision up and down while watching the bright sky, I can see the same thing in all 3 instances, thats the only reason im positive its there and not based on source

someone could even test it for me at the bottom of this page where the "content box is for writing your forum posts, scroll up and down on the main scroll bar on the very right of your browser up and down repeatedly keeping the forum post box on your screen at all times cause its perfect white for watching for the horizontal see-threw type banding, as long as your using your UT for a monitor that is lol, I almost am positive everyone has some kind of this banding because theres way to much of it for 1 screen to be completely flawless of it, but its not like youll ever see it during regular watching so its not a problem most ppl will even care to see, but I really want someone to test it out for me using 1/3 methods I have posted above, being Call Of Duty way, Game Of Thrones way, or the scrolling up and down watching the content box at the bottem of this page because its the same band I see on all 3 methods. im on my 22nd day out of 30 for exchange thats only reason im trying to find out so quickly thanks guys.
iballin88 is offline  
post #1099 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iballin88 View Post

ive tried everything brother, have you tried scrolling up and down in your PC browser?? If you see it too when scrolling up and down on say a google page with search results anything with scroll distance enough to move the scrolly up and down, and on the left is where you should see it itll appear as a dark shadow in the mid section, if anyone else has a min and can try this ill be able to rest easy if im not the only one with this


I would just take it back again to see if it goes away but the 55'' is hardly easy to transport lol =( but i am someone who notices every little thing with stuff so it could also be that.. and it barely bothers me but if its not supposed to be there on shifting up and down situations then I feel entitled to a proper set, im sure anyone would feel the same, best way someone could test this for me is scroll up and down on there PC in the browser with the white backround making it easy to see, and while scrolling look on the left side of the screen mid section while scrolling and tell me if you guys see the shadowy band running horizontal please and thanks ;D OR another way to tell is go on xbox360 or ps3 and play call of duty , go into a level with a bright sky , look directly into the sky and shift your vision up and down while watching the bright sky, I can see the same thing in all 3 instances, thats the only reason im positive its there and not based on source

someone could even test it for me at the bottom of this page where the "content box is for writing your forum posts, scroll up and down on the main scroll bar on the very right of your browser up and down repeatedly keeping the forum post box on your screen at all times cause its perfect white for watching for the horizontal see-threw type banding, as long as your using your UT for a monitor that is lol, I almost am positive everyone has some kind of this banding because theres way to much of it for 1 screen to be completely flawless of it, but its not like youll ever see it during regular watching so its not a problem most ppl will even care to see, but I really want someone to test it out for me using 1/3 methods I have posted above, being Call Of Duty way, Game Of Thrones way, or the scrolling up and down watching the content box at the bottem of this page because its the same band I see on all 3 methods. im on my 22nd day out of 30 for exchange thats only reason im trying to find out so quickly thanks guys.
Put on RGB full range in your system and put the tv hdmi settings to nonstandard and graphics
Tk111 is offline  
post #1100 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

Put on RGB full range in your system and put the tv hdmi settings to nonstandard and graphics
game or custom mode put contrast at 87 brightness @ 56 to 60 color 49 sharp tint 0 sharpness 50 everything else off except color management on, links awesome on mine no lag perfect, I hope this helps
Tk111 is offline  
post #1101 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

O
game or custom mode put contrast at 87 brightness @ 56 to 60 color 49 sharp tint 0 sharpness 50 everything else off except color management on, links awesome on mine no lag perfect, I hope this helps
thanks for your imput but that doesnt help, like I said I think every UT50 has uniform issues when it comes to panning , this is something i didnt notice till 3 weeks later on that 1 scene of game of thrones , or when i scroll up and down with my mouse with a white background with my set as a monitor its the same thing as the right side banding, but this is something alot harder to notice, has to be a light background with panning (camera shifting) up or down, i just dont wanna take it back again and they all do it lol, cause im almost positive they do
iballin88 is offline  
post #1102 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk111 View Post

O
game or custom mode put contrast at 87 brightness @ 56 to 60 color 49 sharp tint 0 sharpness 50 everything else off except color management on, links awesome on mine no lag perfect, I hope this helps
thanks for your input but that doesnt help, like I said I think every UT50 has uniform issues when it comes to panning , this is something i didnt notice till 3 weeks later on that 1 scene of game of thrones , or when i scroll up and down with my mouse with a white background with my set as a monitor its the same thing as the right side banding, but this is something alot harder to notice , has to be a light background with panning (camera shifting) up or down, i just dont wanna take it back again and they all do it lol, cause im almost positive they do if you were to be looking at this page on your UT, took your mouse scrolly button and rolled it up and down quickly you should notice some imperfections on the left side running horizontally

its not lag either, its DSE i think, very mild DSE ill be surprised if someone scrolls up and down with a white background using there UT as a monitor and cant see any DSE, theyll first mistake it as line bleed, but the band doesnt shift with the screen which line bleed would.. it would shift with whatevers bleeding, I have all the good settings set up with anikuns recent click values, looks amazing... but all im trying to find out is if anyone can truthfully say they have no DSE banding when they do the test i mentioned above on there browser or in call of duty sky situation read up^

didnt mean to post that twice... sorry guys , I dont know how that happened I clicked edit =/

I Also understand this isnt the most appropriate thread for what im asking as a favor, but I have grown to trust/like everyone that is on this thread, Discussion is semi-dead at times, and I know its mainly settings, but ive seen other questions pop up so..hopefully you guys don't mind! thanks again
iballin88 is offline  
post #1103 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I get brightness bands when there are credits and outtakes during the credits. Each row of credits creates a lighter band of color in the video frame.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1104 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 09:09 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

I get brightness bands when there are credits and outtakes during the credits. Each row of credits creates a lighter band of color in the video frame.
thats just linebleeding, every plasma gets that, im getting massive DSE if the its a scene of blue like a sky, or bright colored scene and the camera shifts down, i can see banding go threw the mid bottem of my screen horizontally and if the camera shifts right or left, I can see the DSE banding on the right...im guessing you guys arent seeing what im seeing when you do the test on your computer browser? I just saw it again when my GF was watching say yes to the dress and the camera shifted down while focused on the wedding dress and you could see banding threw the dress... I guess im going to take it back for a second time....hopefully Future Shop doesnt think im crazy and refuse me another exchange... but they said 30 days from the day I exchanged my first one... but im sure there is a cut off point... when I keep wanting the same TV same size...if anyone can try the 3 tests I posted a a little earlier and tell me if they see banding... its not banding like youde think, its more DSE it will appear like your screens dirty on some points when you either scroll down on your browser using your UT as a monitor , that way is the easiest way to see, or if you play COD and look up into the sky and move the joy stick up and down while looking at the sky youll see it..
iballin88 is offline  
post #1105 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Yep, I get line bleed with my desktop on my TV, too.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1106 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Yep, I get line bleed with my desktop on my TV, too.
ya from the lettering probably though, I am getting something that appears like line bleeding , but when I scroll up and down really fast the banding is staying on the same part of the TV mid section, where as linebleeding would stay with the lettering =(
iballin88 is offline  
post #1107 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Member
 
iballin88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
did you get it from doing the scrolling thing Anikun?? like when you scroll down can you see a chunk of line bleed on the left side of your screen appearing like its running accross the whole screen?
iballin88 is offline  
post #1108 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JSpectre88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54
To my understanding, you can't have DSE since you don't have an AR filter. It's the incorrect or uneven application of the filter that causes the DSE. With that said, I don't know what else would cause the banding or screen imperfections that you're seeing.
JSpectre88 is offline  
post #1109 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

I've just finished calibrating the TV with my AVS AVCHD rec 709 disc played by my Panasonic DMP-BDT220. The previous calibration was still acceptable, which was done using the TV's built in media player. Many of you complained that the darkest blacks had too much red, and as you can see in the chart, it's true. But that was a result of how the UT50 (mine at least) calibrates. The decision is between calibrating at 30% gray, typically recommended, or 10% which would alleviate the red in the low end.

Previous Calibration (UT50 Media Player)
2232013_2D_Old_zps9b313792.jpg


Current New Calibration (BDT220)
2232013_2D_New_GS_zps6f6f6ca8.jpg


New CMS Charts - Colors are still pretty accurate
2232013_2D_New_CMS_zps21362781.jpg

The settings for these new charts are these:
R-Cut 70 (-16 clicks from default)
G-Cut 67 (-25 clicks from default)
B-Cut 6E (-18 clicks from default)
R-Drv F4 (-11 clicks from default)
G-Drv FF (Unchanged)
B-Drv 97 (+23 clicks from default)

All-Cut 70 (Automatically changes)
All-Drv FF (Unchanged, but would automatically change)

Contrast: 88
Brightness: 48 (Based on Target Y fL)
Color: 48


I also re-calibrated 3D with the blu ray player to further tweak it. Again, I re-purposed the "Cool" color temp setting for 3D.

The old calibration had a lot of red push in the high end so I needed to reduce that.
2232013_3D_Old_zps11601d21.jpg


The new 3D calibration is much better.
2232013_3D_New_GS_zpsec45c912.jpg


New 3D CMS Chart
2232013_3D_New_CMS_zpsa7078c82.jpg


The new 3D calibration settings are these (using Cool setting):
R-Cut 78 (-8 clicks from default)
G-Cut 6E (-18 clicks from default)
B-Cut 6C (-20 clicks from default)
R-Drv ED (+5 clicks from default)
G-Drv FF (Unchanged)
B-Drv 91 (-89 clicks from default)

All-Cut 78 (Automatically changes)
All-Drv FF (Unchanged, but would automatically change)

Contrast: 90
Brightness: 58 (based on meter target Y fL)
Color: 48


I didn't go fully by the basic test patter for brightness, I went with the meter and it's target brightness based on Y Max. So if you look at these settings with that chart, you may see that it doesn't necessarily match. But I did check the 2D calibration with the color ramps and everything looks good with those. All Delta-E values are under the ideal 3.0 so the inaccuracies should be imperceptible.

Go ahead and try them out if you want. I hope you guys like them and think they look better than before. Just in time for the weekend, too!biggrin.gif
Tk111 is offline  
post #1110 of 1571 Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Member
 
Tk111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Anikun am I supposed to use the click method? Everything on mine matched yours with the click method until I got to G-DRV yours is FF mine is EB I could have moved it up to FF but I left it at EB because you left it unchanged should I move mine up to FF?
Tk111 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off