The Official Panasonic UT50 Settings/Issues Thread - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 1571 Old 03-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Senior Member
 
dfran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib2012 View Post

Hello

I used to have problems seeing the 3D effects, I tough it was th TV itself or something in my eyes because even in the movie theater I almost dont see that 3D effect but, then on TV, On the "3D adjustment" I changed the "3D Depth" to "-1", and now I really see the 3D effect, it was really a big, big, big change. Does somebody knows if it affects the picture quality? what it really means? a problem in the eyes? does everybody else will be affected? its because I m too close to the TV (6 feet)?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,
In my findings and OCD of 3D,
when you go negative, images that pop out at you do not pop out as much and the more negative the less pop out of the tv we get.
Now the opposite to go positive, when one adjusts in the + positive direction the more pop (images come out farther).

Now in my findings (from what I have owned, and or tested) plasma has less cross talk (please do not go looking for it cause once you see it you always will!)

Now my wife could not watch 3D at all at home until I purchased a Mede8er "MED600X3D", with this unit I can adjust the 3D, and also use the tv 3D that you are, to eliminate crosstalk down to %10 (Imax 3D is 1% crosstalk).

What crosstalk is to me, any portion of the image either being the farthest, the pop (out in your face), or anywhere in between when one sees a ghost outline of an object (being anything, from background trees, people, or objects popping out of the screen).

So like I was saying my wife could not watch any 3D at all without getting headaches or feeling ill until I purchased that Mede8er and adjusted both the Mede8er 3D adjustment and the TV 3D adjustment and Now she can watch all 3D movies with me, without the mede8er I could only adjust crosstalk to about ~30% (meaning ~70% of the picture was crosstalk free) and my Sony LED 3D is just full of crosstalk no matter what.

I have a friend and his wife can not watch 3D at home so far no matter what (tho she has not tried my set up yet), but it seems everyone sees all this slightly different (3D varies from person to person)

But if you like it at -1 or whatever you like it at then watch it at that and you will absolutely cause no harm to the TV, the only harm you can do is to yourself or the ones with you watching that if any can see crosstalk it may or may not make them sick! I sit ~5-6 feet away also.

I hope this helps, and everything in this is my own opinion and nothing more.
happy 3D viewing !!!!!!
dfran1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 1571 Old 03-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Senior Member
 
dfran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone out there know what screws to replace for the buzzing and board blowing up caused by the screws

PLEASE any ideas PLEASE


i am going to replace the screws myself and need to know PLEASE!!!!
dfran1 is offline  
post #1533 of 1571 Old 03-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Member
 
Muadib2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[quote name="dfran1" url="/t/1412033/the-official-panasonic-ut50-settings-issues-thread/1530#post_24509354"
Quote:
Hi,
In my findings and OCD of 3D,
when you go negative, images that pop out at you do not pop out as much and the more negative the less pop out of the tv we get.
Now the opposite to go positive, when one adjusts in the + positive direction the more pop (images come out farther
"Yes its true, what I try to mean is that now I see more depth in the 3d effect; more depth no more pop out really, but at fist feel happy with it because before that I didn't see too much of any."
Quote:
Now in my findings (from what I have owned, and or tested) plasma has less cross talk (please do not go looking for it cause once you see it you always will!)
"Too late I have been looking for crosstalk since ever, I used the spears and muncil 3D disc to evaluate my TV and at first I didn't want to use the 3d depth option because it seems to increase the crosstalk"
Quote:
Now my wife could not watch 3D at all at home until I purchased a Mede8er "MED600X3D", with this unit I can adjust the 3D, and also use the tv 3D that you are, to eliminate crosstalk down to %10 (Imax 3D is 1% crosstalk).
"I asked her after that and she also watched an improve in the 3d, I checked so far with: imax hubble 3d, rise of the guardians 3d and imax deep sea 3d. more nice depth but less pop out as you said"
Quote:
What crosstalk is to me, any portion of the image either being the farthest, the pop (out in your face), or anywhere in between when one sees a ghost outline of an object (being anything, from background trees, people, or objects popping out of the screen).

So like I was saying my wife could not watch any 3D at all without getting headaches or feeling ill until I purchased that Mede8er and adjusted both the Mede8er 3D adjustment and the TV 3D adjustment and Now she can watch all 3D movies with me, without the mede8er I could only adjust crosstalk to about ~30% (meaning ~70% of the picture was crosstalk free) and my Sony LED 3D is just full of crosstalk no matter what.
"I read somewhere that some the crosstalk can be reduced with another polarized filter, but that it means more dim light. I have the Samsung active glasses I don't know if the Panasonic could be more efficient"
Quote:
I have a friend and his wife can not watch 3D at home so far no matter what (tho she has not tried my set up yet), but it seems everyone sees all this slightly different (3D varies from person to person)

But if you like it at -1 or whatever you like it at then watch it at that and you will absolutely cause no harm to the TV, the only harm you can do is to yourself or the ones with you watching that if any can see crosstalk it may or may not make them sick! I sit ~5-6 feet away also.
"no body sick yet"
Quote:
I hope this helps, and everything in this is my own opinion and nothing more.
happy 3D viewing !!!!!!

"Yes it always helps, now I see that I am not the only one suffering with this 3D, there are so many variants: technology in each brand, passive, active glasses, calibrations, menu options, 3D standards of filming, conversion, reproduction, human differences, room light, etc. that it is still far away from a decent standard.

Could you tell me how do you calibrate or evaluate the 3d ? is there a way or each person do what he can do? I have been searching and I cant find a guide, maybe my English is not that good and I cant find it.

thanks"
Muadib2012 is offline  
post #1534 of 1571 Old 03-22-2014, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
dfran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib2012 View Post

Could you tell me how do you calibrate or evaluate the 3d ? is there a way or each person do what he can do? I have been searching and I cant find a guide, maybe my English is not that good and I cant find it.

thanks"

I do it all by my eyes, I look (search, scan) for the crosstalk and adjust for the least amount in a scene in the movie that I am watching, that has pop with background detail that I pause it on. Then I play the movie from the beginning and enjoy.

As far as adjusting the tv for colors, again I play some files that have some pattern in grayscale and adjust for gray, not green or red or blue but grey, then I try out movies and turn the color all the way down and tweak from there, then I add color and make sure the colors seem near perfect to me if not I tweak from there. I think you get the point, no test equipment, and I do love my results when all done.

Cause in the end NO test equipment on this planet can come close to what you the individual can see and like!
Muadib2012 likes this.
dfran1 is offline  
post #1535 of 1571 Old 03-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Member
 
jsnkiefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone figured out and posted the "clicks" to anikun's Custom/Normal White Balance? Did I miss them somewhere in here?
I entered the service menu and did the click changes to Cinema/Warm on my 60U50 and I am really happy I did. The greenish skin tones are now gone and colors certainly pop more. I'm not sure if it's D65 but it's a helluva lot better than it was!

THANKS ANIKUN!
jsnkiefer is offline  
post #1536 of 1571 Old 03-25-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Just keep with warm if you like it. The normal calibration is if you want to use custom (I think, it's been so long) instead of cinema. Both are calibrated to the same spec, though. The cool calibration was for cinema mode in 3D with the Panasonic glasses.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1537 of 1571 Old 03-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Newbie
 
Carl D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Ok, I give up. I have tried 2 weeks to try and troubleshoot this problem and can't figure it out. So I thought I'd ask the experts.

 

My p50ut50 is hooked up to a Sony ht-ct100 speaker that has worked great until I lost HDMI volume control. Also a Chromecast dongle in HDM!2 no longer switches automatically when I cast to it and audio is from the U-verse box. No cables have been changed. No settings changed. 

 

Here is the connection setup.

 

Uverse ------------------------------htct100 (sat hdmi plug)----------- htct100 (tv out hdmi) ------ p50ut50 (HDMI 1)

Samsung BD player------------htct100 (BD HDMI plug)-------/

 

Any help would be great. Any clarification will be clarified.

 

thanks

Carl D is offline  
post #1538 of 1571 Old 03-25-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Try turning off HDMI-Control on each device. After than re-enable them. See if that helps. HDMI control is a nice idea, but sometimes there's too much conflict between all the devices trying to control each other.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1539 of 1571 Old 03-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Newbie
 
teej110306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all, 

I just updated the firmware on my UT50, and now I can't get my 3d glasses to pair with the television. Panasonic support was of zeeeero help as they gave me the standard unplug-then-replug-your-tv response. I've tried doing that, and I reset the tv to the factory settings, but I haven't had any luck. I'm using the Panasonic 3D glasses that are compatible with the TV, but they enter registration mode and never pair with the television. Any suggestions? Thanks!

teej110306 is offline  
post #1540 of 1571 Old 03-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
dfran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi all,

I just replaced my screws and made sure the rest are tight.

There are a LOT and I mean a LOT of screws to remove the back and I could have used 2 bags of screws easily, but I bought one, if I was to do it over I would get 2 or even 3 bags of screws if I did it again (2 more bags now) but according to this video

What to replace

all I did was just the side screws and a few from other boards that seemed loose, my tv is very quiet again!!!!

Here are the screws I purchased

Screws

I hope this helps others as I would take it no one from here has done this to theirs???

If you are getting louder buzzing I would recommend you do it yourself or call a repair place cause this symptom can blow a board if left unfixed!!


I put a blanket down on the dining room table and put the screws on the blanket right next to the hole they came from because there are 3 or 4 different types and putting the wrong screw in the wrong location could do you harm!!!!!

EDIT:
I forgot to mention there was one board, when looking at the back, right hand side (where you make all your connections, HDMI, RCA, ect..) that needs to be unplugged to get to 2 screws, there are ribbon cables on them, they are easy to work with BUT be careful cause if you break them you may need to replace that board!!!! The connection on the 3 ribbon cables flip up, one flips out to up the others flip in to up, Just take your fingernail and try gently to pull up on them, if not then the opposite side or just look at them (with a magnifier glass) and you will see the hinge.
dfran1 is offline  
post #1541 of 1571 Old 03-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Senior Member
 
dfran1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by teej110306 View Post

Hi all, 
I just updated the firmware on my UT50, and now I can't get my 3d glasses to pair with the television. Panasonic support was of zeeeero help as they gave me the standard unplug-then-replug-your-tv response. I've tried doing that, and I reset the tv to the factory settings, but I haven't had any luck. I'm using the Panasonic 3D glasses that are compatible with the TV, but they enter registration mode and never pair with the television. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Long shot but try unplugging the tv for 5 minutes or so and see if that helps.

Edit sorry I noticed you tried that.

There is a piece on the lower back of the tv you could try to remove held by one screw, after you unplug the tv, remove it , plug tv back in and turn on with removed, then shut off tv, unplug tv , and reinstall it, then try. Make sure your batteries are good but I think you did that already. its the bluetooth piece for the 3d I believe.
dfran1 is offline  
post #1542 of 1571 Old 03-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Newbie
 
Carl D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl D View Post
 

Ok, I give up. I have tried 2 weeks to try and troubleshoot this problem and can't figure it out. So I thought I'd ask the experts.

 

My p50ut50 is hooked up to a Sony ht-ct100 speaker that has worked great until I lost HDMI volume control. Also a Chromecast dongle in HDM!2 no longer switches automatically when I cast to it and audio is from the U-verse box. No cables have been changed. No settings changed. 

 

Here is the connection setup.

 

Uverse ------------------------------htct100 (sat hdmi plug)----------- htct100 (tv out hdmi) ------ p50ut50 (HDMI 1)

Samsung BD player------------htct100 (BD HDMI plug)-------/

 

Any help would be great. Any clarification will be clarified.

 

thanks

Quote:
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl D View Post
 

Ok, I give up. I have tried 2 weeks to try and troubleshoot this problem and can't figure it out. So I thought I'd ask the experts.

 

My p50ut50 is hooked up to a Sony ht-ct100 speaker that has worked great until I lost HDMI volume control. Also a Chromecast dongle in HDM!2 no longer switches automatically when I cast to it and audio is from the U-verse box. No cables have been changed. No settings changed. 

 

Here is the connection setup.

 

Uverse ------------------------------htct100 (sat hdmi plug)----------- htct100 (tv out hdmi) ------ p50ut50 (HDMI 1)

Samsung BD player------------htct100 (BD HDMI plug)-------/

 

Any help would be great. Any clarification will be clarified.

 

thanks

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Try turning off HDMI-Control on each device. After than re-enable them. See if that helps. HDMI control is a nice idea, but sometimes there's too much conflict between all the devices trying to control each other.

Finally got my soundbar audio back. Thanks for the help. Only thing wrong now is audio on my Chromecast on hdmi2 still won't come through. Ideas?

Carl D is offline  
post #1543 of 1571 Old 04-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
79TAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I think i've had my TV for almost a year now, bought it back when Costco had them on sale (P55UT50). I actually exchanged it out twice because the "Buzzing" but they were all the same. I ended up just dealing with it. It still bugs me sometimes so I'd like to take a look at the screws but don't want to void the warranty (yet).

So my problem now is that when I hook computers up to the TV it looks kind of bad. I have an older PC setup with an ATi 4870 1gb video card that I put back together to use on the TV for games/movies. If I have a movie full screen playing it's decent enough. If i'm doing anything else however, like have any windows up, I see a trail of light/lines coming from the left and right side over to whatever is open. If I move the window around, the lines move with it. (Does this make since?) With my laptop through HDMI, the text looks a little more crisp, but I still see the weird lines coming horizontally from the edges.
It's hard to see when i'm watching cable or playing xbox, but I also slightly see it there, whenever anything is selected in a menu there is a horizontal line (the size of whatever is selected) going over to it. Almost like an outline or reflection.

Any help? Pretty sure I could return it to Costco, but they wont have anymore of these and the TV is under warranty (I think).
79TAKid is offline  
post #1544 of 1571 Old 04-02-2014, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Call Panasonic iIrc, some have had this concern repaired under Warranty.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is offline  
post #1545 of 1571 Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
That's part of the TV, I think. Because if you watch a movie that has video during the end credits, you'll see the same thing. From what I've read, it's just part of owning plasma - or at least not a VT series. At the end of Toy Story 2 and 3, you'll see this.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1546 of 1571 Old 04-02-2014, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
SanchoPanza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beauvoir, Mississippi
Posts: 3,010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 475
I meant the Buzzing

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
SanchoPanza is offline  
post #1547 of 1571 Old 04-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Member
 
jywc55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I've noticed a similar phenomenon. Horizontal darkened bars stretching out from brighter objects. Mainly noticed on Windows desktop. I thought it might have something to do with auto brightness, although I thought that "feature" is supposed adjust the entire screen...
jywc55 is offline  
post #1548 of 1571 Old 04-04-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I think it's considered line bleed, where there's a horizontal line across part of the screen and it affects the brightness of the rest of the screen within the width of the line. The automatic brightness adjustment is just a stupid setting. It's too bad that can't be disabled.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1549 of 1571 Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Member
 
FabioMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi there.

I'm using the optical out audio to my denon AVR. However the sound level is too low on digital TV channels. On analog it's ok. Is there a way to raise the sound level ?

Thank you.
FabioMC is offline  
post #1550 of 1571 Old 05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Newbie
 
rizzamoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey guys,

 

I have been a lurker of AVS forums for a long time, reading threads and actually deciding to buy the UT50 based on discussions back in 2012.  I have had my set since christmas of 2012 and have loved it, but unfortunately 4 days ago a lightning bolt struck a tree in my backyard and now both HDMI ports are non-functional.  

 

After doing some research, talking with panasonic support and speaking to a tech at the number they provided me for service, I have ordered a mainboard for the TV and, being the do it yourself sort of guy that I am, was wondering if there was a service manual for this TV floating around somewhere on the webs.

 

I have a strong background in working with technology and feel comfortable performing the replacement myself, but before I do (and potentially destroy my TV) I would certainly like to review any relevant materials that might give me some tips on how best to remove the board and connectors, and any pitfalls I may want to watch out for.

 

Does anyone happen to have any advice, or know where I can find a manual or guide for this procedure?  I would certainly be most appreciative.

 

EDIT:  I have reviewed this thread:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1185985/replacing-panasonic-a-board

 

Unfortunately the link for that particular service manual no longer provides the manual, and while the info in there was pretty helpful, I am still curious if anyone happens to know where to find a copy of the UT 50 service manual.

rizzamoor is offline  
post #1551 of 1571 Old 05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
whipit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: SGF
Posts: 1,476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzamoor View Post

Hey guys,

I have been a lurker of AVS forums for a long time, reading threads and actually deciding to buy the UT50 based on discussions back in 2012.  I have had my set since christmas of 2012 and have loved it, but unfortunately 4 days ago a lightning bolt struck a tree in my backyard and now both HDMI ports are non-functional.  

After doing some research, talking with panasonic support and speaking to a tech at the number they provided me for service, I have ordered a mainboard for the TV and, being the do it yourself sort of guy that I am, was wondering if there was a service manual for this TV floating around somewhere on the webs.

I have a strong background in working with technology and feel comfortable performing the replacement myself, but before I do (and potentially destroy my TV) I would certainly like to review any relevant materials that might give me some tips on how best to remove the board and connectors, and any pitfalls I may want to watch out for.

Does anyone happen to have any advice, or know where I can find a manual or guide for this procedure?  I would certainly be most appreciative.

EDIT:  I have reviewed this thread:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1185985/replacing-panasonic-a-board

Unfortunately the link for that particular service manual no longer provides the manual, and while the info in there was pretty helpful, I am still curious if anyone happens to know where to find a copy of the UT 50 service manual.

http://elektrotanya.com/

just enter your full model number in the search
SanchoPanza likes this.
whipit is offline  
post #1552 of 1571 Old 05-05-2014, 12:08 PM
Newbie
 
rizzamoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Excellent. Thanks very much for the post. I was able to order and install my main board (A board) with no problems!
rizzamoor is offline  
post #1553 of 1571 Old 05-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Member
 
Muadib2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post

I do it all by my eyes, I look (search, scan) for the crosstalk and adjust for the least amount in a scene in the movie that I am watching, that has pop with background detail that I pause it on. Then I play the movie from the beginning and enjoy.

As far as adjusting the tv for colors, again I play some files that have some pattern in grayscale and adjust for gray, not green or red or blue but grey, then I try out movies and turn the color all the way down and tweak from there, then I add color and make sure the colors seem near perfect to me if not I tweak from there. I think you get the point, no test equipment, and I do love my results when all done.

Cause in the end NO test equipment on this planet can come close to what you the individual can see and like!

Hi, i think i got it. i finally find a way to adjust the 3D that creates pop out and depth.

I will try to explain. I found a movie scene that requires three elements: one in the background, one in the foreground and one on the screen. Then I use the distance adjustment in my blu player until i see the reference in the background ant the reference in the foreground split in two images without splitting the reference image that goes on the screen. In this case, the background ahd green lantern most split in two images without splitting the image of carol . and thats all, then i watched imax deep sea, pacific rim, hubble and now i am happy. this is going to be my tool to adjust the 3D.



I use the distance adjustment that comes with the blu ray player for two reasons:

1. its better for fine tunning.
2. the TV option needs to be activated every time a turn on the tv again.

I am happy with this now. i still have some issues with the brightness but i will seek for it later.
Muadib2012 is offline  
post #1554 of 1571 Old 05-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Member
 
bumbabeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
anyone know where I can find some good custom settings for the ut50. I tried looking for pathofneo's settings but can't find them unless I'm really blind or just suck at searching for it.
bumbabeef is offline  
post #1555 of 1571 Old 05-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Member
 
Muadib2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbabeef View Post

anyone know where I can find some good custom settings for the ut50. I tried looking for pathofneo's settings but can't find them unless I'm really blind or just suck at searching for it.

You can try post #1528 of this tread
Muadib2012 is offline  
post #1556 of 1571 Old 05-17-2014, 12:00 PM
Member
 
bumbabeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muadib2012 View Post

You can try post #1528 of this tread

Thanks but I'd rather not go into the service menu and mess things up. Pathofneo messaged me and said he will update the thread with the settings in a few days
bumbabeef is offline  
post #1557 of 1571 Old 05-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Newbie
 
79TAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Called Panasonic a day/or 2 before warranty was up lol. They're going to send someone out about the buzzing. Will the person already know to replace the screws? I feel like the person is probably going to be like "oh the buzzing isnt so bad" and not do anything
79TAKid is offline  
post #1558 of 1571 Old 06-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Member
 
Baron Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well it finally happened...

While watching the BD of APOCALYPSE NOW tonight I saw a faint IR of my local news channel on the bottom right.

From now on I'll watch this channel with the zoom on but is there any recommended IR removal program that anyone can recommend?
Disney's WOW is too expensive.
Baron Blood is offline  
post #1559 of 1571 Old 06-16-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
anikun07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northwest Illinois USA
Posts: 1,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post
Well it finally happened...

While watching the BD of APOCALYPSE NOW tonight I saw a faint IR of my local news channel on the bottom right.

From now on I'll watch this channel with the zoom on but is there any recommended IR removal program that anyone can recommend?
Disney's WOW is too expensive.
I would have thought someone would have had slides available to run, like for the break in period. That would be my suggestion to try.
anikun07 is offline  
post #1560 of 1571 Old 06-16-2014, 11:10 AM
Member
 
Baron Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blood View Post
Well it finally happened...

While watching the BD of APOCALYPSE NOW tonight I saw a faint IR of my local news channel on the bottom right.

From now on I'll watch this channel with the zoom on but is there any recommended IR removal program that anyone can recommend?
Disney's WOW is too expensive.
I would have thought someone would have had slides available to run, like for the break in period. That would be my suggestion to try.

Thanks Anikun...are these slides available to download?
Baron Blood is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off