The Official Panasonic UT50 Settings/Issues Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 1571 Old 06-20-2014, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I read on post 1528 these good looking settings (see bottom) only i got the european model (tx p50ut50e) with diffrent level scales.
Contrast only go's to 60, brightness is also lower and colour of 48 is possible.

Maybe a dumb question, how do i convert these values in to european standards?

R G B R G B are these white lvl settings?

Thanks in advance!

R-Cut 70 (-16 clicks from default)
G-Cut 67 (-25 clicks from default)
B-Cut 6E (-18 clicks from default)
R-Drv F4 (-11 clicks from default)
G-Drv FF (Unchanged)
B-Drv 97 (+23 clicks from default)

All-Cut 70 (Automatically changes)
All-Drv FF (Unchanged, but would automatically change)

Contrast: 88
Brightness: 48 (Based on Target Y fL)
Color: 48
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1571 Old 08-09-2014, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

My Panasonic TV remote for my 42UT50 is not working. I've replaced the batteries and everything, but it is still not responsive. None of the buttons work and I have to turn the TV on manually. Any suggestions? Thanks!
post #1563 of 1571 Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawzey View Post
Hey all,

My Panasonic TV remote for my 42UT50 is not working. I've replaced the batteries and everything, but it is still not responsive. None of the buttons work and I have to turn the TV on manually. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Buy a universal remote, they are much better and can control all your devices.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
post #1564 of 1571 Old 08-27-2014, 12:17 PM

Apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, but does anyone have ideal settings for the Playstation 4 with a UT50?
post #1565 of 1571 Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfy View Post
Apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, but does anyone have ideal settings for the Playstation 4 with a UT50?
I believe the PS4 sets everything pretty optimally automatically. Only thing I'd check is if Super White (which is xvYCC color) is enabled for better colors on Blu-rays.
post #1566 of 1571 Old 09-02-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Muadib2012

Hello

I used to have problems seeing the 3D effects, I tough it was th TV itself or something in my eyes because even in the movie theater I almost dont see that 3D effect but, then on TV, On the "3D adjustment" I changed the "3D Depth" to "-1", and now I really see the 3D effect, it was really a big, big, big change. Does somebody knows if it affects the picture quality? what it really means? a problem in the eyes? does everybody else will be affected? its because I m too close to the TV (6 feet)?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,
In my findings and OCD of 3D,
when you go negative, images that pop out at you do not pop out as much and the more negative the less pop out of the tv we get.
Now the opposite to go positive, when one adjusts in the + positive direction the more pop (images come out farther).

Now in my findings (from what I have owned, and or tested) plasma has less cross talk (please do not go looking for it cause once you see it you always will!)

Now my wife could not watch 3D at all at home until I purchased a Mede8er "MED600X3D", with this unit I can adjust the 3D, and also use the tv 3D that you are, to eliminate crosstalk down to %10 (Imax 3D is 1% crosstalk).

What crosstalk is to me, any portion of the image either being the farthest, the pop (out in your face), or anywhere in between when one sees a ghost outline of an object (being anything, from background trees, people, or objects popping out of the screen).

So like I was saying my wife could not watch any 3D at all without getting headaches or feeling ill until I purchased that Mede8er and adjusted both the Mede8er 3D adjustment and the TV 3D adjustment and Now she can watch all 3D movies with me, without the mede8er I could only adjust crosstalk to about ~30% (meaning ~70% of the picture was crosstalk free) and my Sony LED 3D is just full of crosstalk no matter what.

I have a friend and his wife can not watch 3D at home so far no matter what (tho she has not tried my set up yet), but it seems everyone sees all this slightly different (3D varies from person to person)

But if you like it at -1 or whatever you like it at then watch it at that and you will absolutely cause no harm to the TV, the only harm you can do is to yourself or the ones with you watching that if any can see crosstalk it may or may not make them sick! I sit ~5-6 feet away also.

I hope this helps, and everything in this is my own opinion and nothing more.
happy 3D viewing !!!!!!
3D movies on my PC connected to my UT Plasma looks way better using my 7970 graphics card...3D just seems more crisp, clear and that nasty 3D effect is almost non existent when watching 3D movies on my PC compared to Comcast HD 3D Cable or say 3D Bluray player....since i have my PC setup to not use my Panasonic's rendering but rather my AMD HD 7970 Ghz 3GB Graphics Card has made watching 3D movies sharp and clear with no dizzy headache effect that i "sometimes" get using a Bluray player or HD Comcast Cable 3D movies,etc

I suppose its sorta like how when using a PC with your big screen...using a software video player with advanced settings like say MPC-HC which is Media Player Home Cinema Classic is better than even a higher end stand alone bluray player ..more info here http://mpc-hc.org/ ..its free but it has so much more advanced options to tweak,etc and of course many choices of codecs,etc, rendering techniques ,etc that uses your PC's graphics card to render rather than using your TV's display processor....
post #1567 of 1571 Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfran1 View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Muadib2012

Hello

I used to have problems seeing the 3D effects, I tough it was th TV itself or something in my eyes because even in the movie theater I almost dont see that 3D effect but, then on TV, On the "3D adjustment" I changed the "3D Depth" to "-1", and now I really see the 3D effect, it was really a big, big, big change. Does somebody knows if it affects the picture quality? what it really means? a problem in the eyes? does everybody else will be affected? its because I m too close to the TV (6 feet)?

Thanks in advance,

Hi,
In my findings and OCD of 3D,
when you go negative, images that pop out at you do not pop out as much and the more negative the less pop out of the tv we get.
Now the opposite to go positive, when one adjusts in the + positive direction the more pop (images come out farther).

Now in my findings (from what I have owned, and or tested) plasma has less cross talk (please do not go looking for it cause once you see it you always will!)

Now my wife could not watch 3D at all at home until I purchased a Mede8er "MED600X3D", with this unit I can adjust the 3D, and also use the tv 3D that you are, to eliminate crosstalk down to %10 (Imax 3D is 1% crosstalk).

What crosstalk is to me, any portion of the image either being the farthest, the pop (out in your face), or anywhere in between when one sees a ghost outline of an object (being anything, from background trees, people, or objects popping out of the screen).

So like I was saying my wife could not watch any 3D at all without getting headaches or feeling ill until I purchased that Mede8er and adjusted both the Mede8er 3D adjustment and the TV 3D adjustment and Now she can watch all 3D movies with me, without the mede8er I could only adjust crosstalk to about ~30% (meaning ~70% of the picture was crosstalk free) and my Sony LED 3D is just full of crosstalk no matter what.

I have a friend and his wife can not watch 3D at home so far no matter what (tho she has not tried my set up yet), but it seems everyone sees all this slightly different (3D varies from person to person)

But if you like it at -1 or whatever you like it at then watch it at that and you will absolutely cause no harm to the TV, the only harm you can do is to yourself or the ones with you watching that if any can see crosstalk it may or may not make them sick! I sit ~5-6 feet away also.

I hope this helps, and everything in this is my own opinion and nothing more.
happy 3D viewing !!!!!!
3D movies on my PC connected to my UT Plasma looks way better using my 7970 graphics card...3D just seems more crisp, clear and that nasty 3D effect is almost non existent when watching 3D movies on my PC compared to Comcast HD 3D Cable or say 3D Bluray player....since i have my PC setup to not use my Panasonic TV's processor rendering to render my movies including 3D movies but rather I choose to use my AMD HD 7970 Ghz 3GB Graphics Card has made watching 3D movies sharp and clear with no dizzy headache effect that i "sometimes" get using a Bluray player or HD Comcast Cable 3D movies,etc

I suppose its sorta like how when using a PC with your big screen...using a software video player with advanced settings like say MPC-HC which is Media Player Home Cinema Classic is better than even a higher end stand alone bluray player ..more info here http://mpc-hc.org/ ..its free but i suggest getting Klite Package which includes all the extra codecs and rendering software along with MPC-HC ..get it here http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm but it has so much more advanced options to tweak,etc and of course many choices of codecs,etc, rendering techniques ,etc that uses your PC's graphics card to render using AMD's high quality hardware accelerator rendering engine along with MPC-HC rather than using your TV's display processor....it just makes 3D playback way better ..at least for me.

Last edited by Moegames; 09-02-2014 at 08:36 PM.
post #1568 of 1571 Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jywc55 View Post
I've noticed a similar phenomenon. Horizontal darkened bars stretching out from brighter objects. Mainly noticed on Windows desktop. I thought it might have something to do with auto brightness, although I thought that "feature" is supposed adjust the entire screen...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post
I think it's considered line bleed, where there's a horizontal line across part of the screen and it affects the brightness of the rest of the screen within the width of the line. The automatic brightness adjustment is just a stupid setting. It's too bad that can't be disabled.

My dad's very high end Panasonic Plasma has line bleed...it varies from tv to tv how pronounce it is...my UT 55inch when i first got the TV had very very noticible line bleed....i remember how a dvd i have of Mike Tyson knockouts you could see the boxing ring ropes bleed through the boxers as they boxed...or when i use my PC and certain lines going horizontal would bleed through other objects if the objects where in its way....sorta like semi-transparent lines going through objects on screen...you can see this a lot using a PC on a Plasma TV...but G10 had zero line bleed...but my UT55 had it really noticible...but over time it has faded a great deal and its barely noticible now...i recently noticed this bcause i had gottne use to the line bleed over time anyways but recently it hit me..its not as pronounced as it once was so i put in that same Mike Tyson knockouts video and low and behold...i could no longer see the line bleed of the ropes going throught he boxers as they boxed in the center of the ring like how i could before when i first got the tv.

Another thing i noticed is the heat coming off the screen of my UT55 was hot when i first got the tv but over time the heat dissipated and now its room temperature when i put my hand on my screen...before it was super warm...now i dont feel no heat.

Honestly i just think these TV's just needs time to get broken in...and not all Plasma's are the same anyways....but a lot of Plasma's have this common problem of line bleed but for me..its almost all gone now..i still see it here and there but its no where near as strong as it was before when i first got this tv.....sorta reminds me my tv was like a teen with raging hormones but as the tv aged it relaxed and is now layed back lol

I got use to the line bleed anyways....it was never that annoying..just at first...same with spot marks on all white screens where i would see yellow blobs or pinkish blobs...this got really bad for a while but i adjusted vs voltage...but i just happened to put the voltage back to default voltage and the blogs were all gone...those also went away with time.
post #1569 of 1571 Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
The line bleed in my TV doesn't appear to have changed at all. It's most prominent when you have perfectly horizontal lines in the image, which isn't all that common.
post #1570 of 1571 Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames View Post
3D movies on my PC connected to my UT Plasma looks way better using my 7970 graphics card...3D just seems more crisp, clear and that nasty 3D effect is almost non existent when watching 3D movies on my PC compared to Comcast HD 3D Cable or say 3D Bluray player....since i have my PC setup to not use my Panasonic TV's processor rendering to render my movies including 3D movies but rather I choose to use my AMD HD 7970 Ghz 3GB Graphics Card has made watching 3D movies sharp and clear with no dizzy headache effect that i "sometimes" get using a Bluray player or HD Comcast Cable 3D movies,etc

I suppose its sorta like how when using a PC with your big screen...using a software video player with advanced settings like say MPC-HC which is Media Player Home Cinema Classic is better than even a higher end stand alone bluray player ..more info here http://mpc-hc.org/ ..its free but i suggest getting Klite Package which includes all the extra codecs and rendering software along with MPC-HC ..get it here http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm but it has so much more advanced options to tweak,etc and of course many choices of codecs,etc, rendering techniques ,etc that uses your PC's graphics card to render using AMD's high quality hardware accelerator rendering engine along with MPC-HC rather than using your TV's display processor....it just makes 3D playback way better ..at least for me.
I am going to look into this Thank You!!
will it work with a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB?
post #1571 of 1571 Old 10-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Liked: 0
Can someone please tell me the name of IC101 and IC501? I really need it, thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60ut50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page