Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
In a word, yes. Get at least 100 hours on the set before gaming, especially if the games have bright HUD's.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
No, not necessary with today's sets. You will be fine to start playing games on it with no problems, and no, you do not have to wait a hundred hours before starting the games up on it. Enjoy your new set.
post #4 of 12 Old 06-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I hope that clears it up for you. In a word, yes, but no. Not necessary.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-09-2012, 01:47 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakybirnbaum View Post

I hope that clears it up for you. In a word, yes, but no. Not necessary.

That seems like a bit of a cheeky answer. wink.gif I'm curious about this as well, as I have a U50 on order and it will be my first plasma (and I'm an avid gamer). Anyone else care to weigh in?
post #6 of 12 Old 06-09-2012, 01:56 AM
Advanced Member

I gamed on my UT50 from the start and I still have some IR from a HUD. It's slowly fading away, but if I look real close for it, I can still see it. If I had just waited a week before gaming, it probably wouldn't have happened. So I say just take a week or so off from gaming or if you can, turn off the HUD's in the games you do play.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-09-2012, 03:05 AM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post

In a word, yes. Get at least 100 hours on the set before gaming, especially if the games have bright HUD's.

Yes, break in first 24+ hours with pixeljogger continuous loop:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1406663/pixel-jogger-breakin-improves-pq-plasma-lcd-led-tv-the-only-way

Then before playing/watching tv each time, play pixel jogger 5-10 min. to warm up the display first and then after every hour or pauses, play pixel jogger 5 min. etc...
post #8 of 12 Old 06-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I started gaming on my U50 right away, although every half an hour or so I take a break and use the screen wash thing.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Liked: 11

Hi,wheather you break in you plasma or not,use your plasma carefully,since new plasma gets IR very easily...

Here is a quote taken from the master break-in/IR Thread II

Originally Posted by talltitan View Post

Samsung 51D550 owner here with what appears to be some bad IR from the Mass Effect 3 multilayer consumable item HUD. The set had a good 600 hrs plus on it before I ever played the game and the IR has been there for over 6 weeks since.
Settings where in game mode with the cell at 18, contrast at 85, brightness 42, 16:9 orbiter on at 4.4.1 setting.
In the six week period that I played the multilayer I couldn't have played any more than 30 hrs tops of the game, with no gaming session lasting longer than three hours. When I first got the set I tried to stress it pretty hard by playing no telling how many hours of Skyrim and a friend and I actually sat and played the hole Gears of War 3 campaign split screen together in one long night just a couple of days after buying the set with the only after effects being the normal IR that fades in a hour or so.
The IR is not really visible at all during normal viewing, the only time I can see it is against solid colored images most predominantly completely white backgrounds.
I have since ran the image swipe that is in the menu section for burn in on the set for probably 24 hrs, Zoyds personal washer for 24 hrs, and ran the break in slides for a good 12 hrs, and blasted it with a complete white screen in dynamic for a good 12 hours and then the normal full screen viewing that I watch plus other games and can't really tell that it has faded much or at all.
Outside of the one issue the set has been really good against retaining any images for no longer than a hour and even that retention was so light you really couldn't find it unless you went up to the set and looked for it.
I really like the set good picture and all but between this heavy IR which I hope will go away and the brightness pops that I had with set when I first got it, which where fixed from the USB update I got from Samsung the set has been little to problematic in my opinion
Any one here had IR like described above that took months to go away? Will unplugging the set when I am at work help?

God Is With You !
post #10 of 12 Old 06-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Man, the more I read about IR and burn-in the more worried I get about buying a plasma. My U50 hasn't shipped yet and I'm thinking seriously about cancelling my order. frown.gif
post #11 of 12 Old 06-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mektarus View Post

Man, the more I read about IR and burn-in the more worried I get about buying a plasma. My U50 hasn't shipped yet and I'm thinking seriously about cancelling my order. frown.gif

Don't! The PQ, especially on this years Panny's, are amazing. Just be careful with station logos and keep gaming to short sessions, giving breaks every half hour for the first few weeks.
post #12 of 12 Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post

Don't! The PQ, especially on this years Panny's, are amazing. Just be careful with station logos and keep gaming to short sessions, giving breaks every half hour for the first few weeks.

Well, I just got $100 price adjustment from Amazon. biggrin.gif So I'll definitely give it a try (especially since I have a 30 day free return period). I think I'll have to tell the family that no one watches tv unless I'm in the room. wink.gif
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page