Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 756 Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I did exactly what youre doing, almost - i swapped out my ST50 for a E6500 (which uses the same exact panel as the 7000/8000) - and regretted it as soon as i fired up the Samsung. Buzzing, poorer blacks was not worth it for me. Yes IR sucks, but its manageable where the common buzzing found on Samsungs is not. I thought i would get used to the black levels..but after 2 weeks - i couldnt. So i went back and forked over the $400 difference and have been happy with my final purchase.

If the ST50 was a 10 for PQ, and 10 for blacks - relatively the E6500 would be about a 8.5 for PQ and a 7 for black levels.

I did more or less the exact same thing. I originally picked up a 50" ST50 (this TV's going to be a PC gaming display, so I don't need it to be huge) but became seriously frustrated with the IR, which is so much worse than anything I've seen on the Kuro I have as my primary TV I couldn't believe it. I swapped it for a Samsung (the 60" 7000, it was cheaper than the 6500 at the time), but was immediately disappointed by pretty much everything about it aside from the IR performance.

The blacks obviously weren't as good, but I expected that. What surprised me was the poor performance of the ABL circuit, which created a ton of random light fluctuation (especially obvious in games, where full bright scenes are fairly common). Buzzing was worse than the Panasonic but I probably could've lived with it if everything else was good. On top of that it had significantly worse motion dithering than the Panasonic, which was the final straw for me since all this was about getting away from LCD monitor motion blur to begin with. I returned it and, as prices had changed a good bit by this point, grabbed a 55" GT50 for just a bit more than I originally paid for the 50".

I've basically resigned myself to dealing with the IR instead of the inferior PQ. I'm a programmer with a lot of experience with game and rendering engines so I can usually find a way to minimize harmful UI elements in games (reduce their opacity or just outright remove them), but it's still annoying to have to constantly worry about this issue (and I doubt even the majority of PC gamers are interested in modding UIs for all their games). I imagine this problem is worst for people who watch normal TV; Almost every channel is now including a static logo that's usually white and at a fairly high opacity. So between that and movies with black bars, I think I actually have it easier than someone who's going to use the TV as intended. Kind of strange, but it doesn't seem like TV networks are going to be dropping those logos anytime soon (they're actually getting larger at this point).

I'd like to revisit the IR performance of this TV at 1000 and then 2000 hours. Eventually the panel has to settle down, otherwise it would never last the 50,000+ hours it's intended to. That is, unless this long term IR we're seeing is caused by something aside from the traditional uneven aging of pixels. If we look at the pixel aging as a logarithmic process kind of like this random graph I found on Google:

Then it's easy to imagine that after a certain point (let's stay the mythical 2000 hours) even existing IR would be smoothed out. Pixels that are ahead or behind in this curve would become closer in brightness over time because the rate of change slows over time, leaving even pixels that have 100 hours more run time (say, due to black bars) at very nearly the same brightness as the others. Of course it wouldn't really be a logarithmic curve, but it would be similar looking from what I understand. The actual aging curve probably only slows down to a certain point, then maintains a steady slow decline instead of constantly approaching zero change. Someone who's put 2-3000+ hours on a 2012 Panasonic could probably give us a clue of how right or wrong this is, unfortunately I think most of us here are either more cautious with our sets or simply haven't had them long enough to have that many hours.

All just theory since I don't actually know what causes the long-term IR on these TVs. I'd love to hear from some experts in the area about what's going on here, but obviously anyone who really knows what Panasonic's engineers are up to likely isn't allowed to talk about flaws in the technology on public forums.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 756 Old 02-28-2013, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ah yes the Brightness Pops was annoying on the Samsung - it happens on my E6500 when it was a mostly bright scene changed quickly to a dark scene...THAT was also annoying
post #633 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheshechic View Post

The panels for 2013 are the same as 2012, some processing has changed. The VT changes some with a pop up camera, speakers on the side and some other stuff.

Is it possible that they have improved current panel manufacturing to avoid IR problems even panel is still the same generation? Do all ST,GT and VT panels come from the same plant and is it in Japan? I saw somewhere mentioned that they have plasma plant in China too.
post #634 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 06:36 AM

Liked: 10
I'm looking for some input from folks, I think my 60ST50 is developing something wrong (pics attached as well). Should I call panasonic for a Tech visit?

Quick panel history: Bought 05/22/2012 from amazon, received on 05/29/2012. Immediately loaded D-Nice's panel prep slides and ran them for 100 hours straight. Screen uniformity was pretty much perfect on all slide colors.

I Put in his recommended after prep settings in Custom mode, and did nothing but watch full screen TV and movies for the first 250 hours. Picture was great. I never noticed any IR from the menus or anything, and I was looking for it.

after about 250hrs, I played some Uncharted 3 on the PS3 for many days. There is really no HUD onscreen much in this game so it was fine, no problems occurred as far as IR.

I estimate I had over 400hrs on the panel before I started playing Halo 4 in December. I'd play at night for 2-3 hours sometimes, probably 5 days per week (in between regular program watching). Sometimes on weekend nights too. After gaming, i always just let the tv run on a HD cable channel until it auto timed off after 3 hours. Every few days I'd run the anti_IR screen wipe. I never noticed any IR from the game HUD the first few weeks, so I didn't think there was any problem with gaming, as several others mention.

Then about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I noticed the top shield bar HUD while watching a regular TV show. I was like, hmm, what's this all of a sudden? that part of the HUD is actually only on the screen about 1/2 the time because of waitng for matches in between actual play.

So, the past couple of weeks I've been running just full screen content every day, both cable broadcast and blu-ray movies in zoom so I don't get logos or black bars, to see if it will help remove the section of IR I noticed from Halo. It hasn't really helped at all. I also ran the Disney WoW disc pixel flipper overnight on 3 separate days and it didn't really do anything that I could see to help either.

I tried many hours of an all black screen as was mentioned previously in this thread that worked for someone (I ran it 18 hours straight), didn't do anything to help. I also tried 36 hours of an all white screen as I've read that might work too, not much help. Not sure if I am supposed to do all white for longer, like 48-72 hours per articles I've read, so I haven't tried that yet. At this point it's looking like bun in as far as I can tell, if it's not, it's taking way too much time to fade.

But, now I'm seeing some wierd splotchy, smeary, rain-stain looking type of thing developing with the screen on the left and right sides. Not sure exactly how to describe it so I took a few pictures. It's more noticeable in person, but you can definitely get the idea from these pictures. Sometimes I can see this on regular content with light backgrounds.

I took photos on a white screen, but it can be seen on almost all colors. First Pic shows the screen on Feb. 9th, you can see the HUD IR at the tope center, but no splotchyness elswhere. All other pics taken last night.

Is this normal panel uniformity for one with 800 or so hours on it?

HUD_20130209.JPG 57k .JPG file Smear_20130228_L.JPG 38k .JPG file Smear_20130228_R.JPG 46k .JPG file Smear_20130228_L2.JPG 51k .JPG file ] file)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HUD_20130209.JPG (56.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg Smear_20130228_L.JPG (37.9 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Smear_20130228_R.JPG (45.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Smear_20130228_L2.JPG (51.4 KB, 32 views)
post #635 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argster View Post

I'm looking for some input from folks, I think my 60ST50 is developing something wrong (pics attached as well). Should I call panasonic for a Tech visit?

Quick panel history: Bought 05/22/2012 from amazon, received on 05/29/2012. Immediately loaded D-Nice's panel prep slides and ran them for 100 hours straight. Screen uniformity was pretty much perfect on all slide colors.

I Put in his recommended after prep settings in Custom mode, and did nothing but watch full screen TV and movies for the first 250 hours. Picture was great. I never noticed any IR from the menus or anything, and I was looking for it.

after about 250hrs, I played some Uncharted 3 on the PS3 for many days. There is really no HUD onscreen much in this game so it was fine, no problems occurred as far as IR.

I estimate I had over 400hrs on the panel before I started playing Halo 4 in December. I'd play at night for 2-3 hours sometimes, probably 5 days per week (in between regular program watching). Sometimes on weekend nights too. After gaming, i always just let the tv run on a HD cable channel until it auto timed off after 3 hours. Every few days I'd run the anti_IR screen wipe. I never noticed any IR from the game HUD the first few weeks, so I didn't think there was any problem with gaming, as several others mention.

Then about 2 1/2 weeks ago, I noticed the top shield bar HUD while watching a regular TV show. I was like, hmm, what's this all of a sudden? that part of the HUD is actually only on the screen about 1/2 the time because of waitng for matches in between actual play.

So, the past couple of weeks I've been running just full screen content every day, both cable broadcast and blu-ray movies in zoom so I don't get logos or black bars, to see if it will help remove the section of IR I noticed from Halo. It hasn't really helped at all. I also ran the Disney WoW disc pixel flipper overnight on 3 separate days and it didn't really do anything that I could see to help either.

I tried many hours of an all black screen as was mentioned previously in this thread that worked for someone (I ran it 18 hours straight), didn't do anything to help. I also tried 36 hours of an all white screen as I've read that might work too, not much help. Not sure if I am supposed to do all white for longer, like 48-72 hours per articles I've read, so I haven't tried that yet. At this point it's looking like bun in as far as I can tell, if it's not, it's taking way too much time to fade.

But, now I'm seeing some wierd splotchy, smeary, rain-stain looking type of thing developing with the screen on the left and right sides. Not sure exactly how to describe it so I took a few pictures. It's more noticeable in person, but you can definitely get the idea from these pictures. Sometimes I can see this on regular content with light backgrounds.

I took photos on a white screen, but it can be seen on almost all colors. First Pic shows the screen on Feb. 9th, you can see the HUD IR at the tope center, but no splotchyness elswhere. All other pics taken last night.

Is this normal panel uniformity for one with 800 or so hours on it?

I had a 55st60 that was replaced by Panasonic canada because of vertical bars, but I also had very bad IR even though it had 1500 hours on it. It took 6 weeks to get rid of my BELL IR from my built in guide without using the guide ever again. If I used the tv menu for a few moments, the IR would remain for an hour. My case may have been extreme, but I have also read many similar stories.

It will take time to erase your hud. How long? Could be weeks if you don't play your game, much longer if you do. I also tried all those things you mentioned. You just have to be patient, only time seemed to help. I really thought mine was a burn in but it did eventually disappear. I do understand your frustration.

From my experience, and what I have read, the ST models have more IR issues than others, but vary greatly in severity. Mine was a monster.

I now have a new 60ut50 with absolutely no IR from day one.
post #636 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM

Liked: 21
Got moneys back from my twice burned ST50.
Next one is maby 2013 Samsung (F6500?) plasma, not going to Panasonic until they get rid off this issue.
post #637 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post

Got moneys back from my twice burned ST50.
Next one is maby 2013 Samsung (F6500?) plasma, not going to Panasonic until they get rid off this issue.

I'm glad that it worked out well in the end. That was good of Panasonic to take care of that for you.

@ Frank S, thanks for the reply. Also, I'm really more concerned about these smearing splotches that are appearing all of a sudden and seem to be getting worse. This doesn't seem normal to me, but I've not owned any other plasmas. It's like phosphors or pixels in some large sections are failing, overdriving, or I don't know what it is.
post #638 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM

If you can see it on regular content, then its not normal and I would definitely have service look at it. The reason they exchanged mine is because the vertical bars were visible during regular tv watching. If you have a dvr, I would record some examples, especially bad ones, and show the service rep.

They will exchange it or fix it.
post #639 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Liked: 11
Well finally...and Fever means finally...after 6 weeks I have a new 55ST50 back home courtesy of Panasonic Canada to replace my burn-in suffering predecessor.

Now the question is how to better manage this seemingly habitual problem with this particular model?

Panel prep slides do not help with burn-in protection from what I understand, just ages the pixels equally. I didn't run these last time.

Panasonic Canada rep told me a I had to run the white wipe slide every time I was done watching, really?

Zooming any 4:3 content is doable but shouldn't be necessary.

If anyone has a top 3 list of things that should be done to avoid panel burn-in let me know.
post #640 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Spizzirri View Post

If you can see it on regular content, then its not normal and I would definitely have service look at it. The reason they exchanged mine is because the vertical bars were visible during regular tv watching. If you have a dvr, I would record some examples, especially bad ones, and show the service rep.

They will exchange it or fix it.
How can you DVR the screen?
sheshechic likes this.
post #641 of 756 Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by fever24 View Post

Well finally...and Fever means finally...after 6 weeks I have a new 55ST50 back home courtesy of Panasonic Canada to replace my burn-in suffering predecessor.

Now the question is how to better manage this seemingly habitual problem with this particular model?

Panel prep slides do not help with burn-in protection from what I understand, just ages the pixels equally. I didn't run these last time.

Panasonic Canada rep told me a I had to run the white wipe slide every time I was done watching, really?

Zooming any 4:3 content is doable but shouldn't be necessary.

If anyone has a top 3 list of things that should be done to avoid panel burn-in let me know.
Understand that it is a plasma. Use some common sense. Enjoy!

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #642 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Understand that it is a plasma. Use some common sense. Enjoy!

So?
It is plasma but should can be used as normal TV without any babysitting and magical whitebarwipeing etc
For PC usage I wouldn´t use that, LCD´s are for that purpose.

I drove 200h break-in slides after panel replacement and it was just a waste of time and energy, only after few hours TV watching there was burn-in´s again. That new panel seemed to be even more IR-sensitive than replaced one.

I would say that try to forget whole burn-in and use it like normal TV.
If at some day you notice that those are there again you can try to get your moneys back like I managed to do.

Like Frank Spizzirri wrote it don´t go away in time, if you have bad unit there´s nothing really you can do about it than try to replace it.
post #643 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:

The slides do absolutely nothing to prevent burn in. If you had bothered to read all the instructions for downloading the slides and using them you would know that.
If you got burn in twice on your st then it is almost certainly because of your abuse and you should not have any plasma.I bet Panasonic was glad to see you go and not buy another one. You should thank Panasonic for putting up with your ignorance and still giving your money back.

Plasma cells glow brighter at start, maby 0-200 hours and I dont agree with you that driving break-in slides don´t have anything to do with avoiding burn-in. Service manager from Panasonic had same view.
Abuse, how you can write anything about how I used that TV, I really tried to avoid burn-in but not gone too far with that by babysitting set.
I really hope those who have this problem don´t agree vendor or Panasonic statements that it´s just normal and don´t belong under warranty because it is fault and should repair by Panasonic.

btw,OT, I still wonder why almost all writings about ST50 here concern D-Nice´s slide preparing and copying those settings, units are unique and copying setting won´t give you calibrated set, it may be even worse than factory defaults.
http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7202.msg17399#msg17399

edit:
Seems that you removed your post, should I do same?
post #644 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Plasma cells glow brighter at start, maby 0-200 hours and I dont agree with you that it dont have anything to do with avoiding burn-in. Service manager from Panasonic had same view.
Abuse, how you can write anything about how I used that TV, I really tried to avoid burn-in but not gone too far with that by babysitting set.
I really hope those who have this problem don´t agree vendor or Panasonic statements that it´s just normal and don´t belong under warranty because it is fault and should repair by Panasonic.

btw,OT, I still wonder why almost all writings about ST50 here concern D-Nice´s slide preparing and copying those settings, units are unique and copying setting won´t give you calibrated set, it may be even worse than factory defaults.
http://forums.hdtvtest.co.uk/index.php?topic=7202.msg17399#msg17399
The slides do no more to prevent ir/burn in than aging your panel by watching regular content.
Let me help you with your wondering. If it wasnt for the slides MOST people here would not have even noticed their ir. If you are one of those people who watch an hour of the History channel and then immediately use the slides to "check" for ir, then you deserve the aggravation. You are doing it to yourself.
If you watch tv for a while and notice a little ir from a previous channel while watching another channel that goes away fairly quickly then that is to be expected. If you dont like it then return the tv and dont buy a plasma.
If you watch tv like regular people and get ir that is noticeable on other channels for a while and is difficult to get rid of you probably have a bad panel.
If you get burn in you probably did something stupid. If you burn in 2 sets you have definitely done something stupid. In this case, avoid plasma. You dont deserve one.
My humble opinion and $0.02 for this thread. Have a great day.

Btw I deleted the comment that you just commented on because I didnt want to start any crap but you commented on it while I was deleting it. I guess "In for a penny, In for a pound".

post #645 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:

The slides do no more to prevent ir/burn in than aging your panel by watching regular content.
Let me help you with your wondering. If it wasnt for the slides MOST people here would not have even noticed their ir. If you are one of those people who watch an hour of the History channel and then immediately use the slides to "check" for ir, then you deserve the aggravation. You are doing it to yourself.
If you watch tv for a while and notice a little ir from a previous channel while watching another channel that goes away fairly quickly then that is to be expected. If you dont like it then return the tv and dont buy a plasma.
If you watch tv like regular people and get ir that is noticeable on other channels for a while and is difficult to get rid of you probably have a bad panel.
If you get burn in you probably did something stupid. If you burn in 2 sets you have definitely done something stupid. In this case, avoid plasma. You dont deserve one.
My humble opinion and $0.02 for this thread. Have a great day.

Btw I deleted the comment that you just commented on because I didnt want to start any crap but you commented on it while I was deleting it. I guess "In for a penny, In for a pound".

I had two bad panels unless burn-in is caused by some other thing like voltage differences etc how it drive panel.
Other options you wrote, I had two earlier Panasonic plasma models and no problem with temporary IR, you can live with that and should know it when you buy plasma.

I drove break-in slides not just because avoiding burn-in but to get aging panel constantly for calibrating it. Actually calibrated new replaced panel at 0h, 200h and 400h. Always used True Cinema with 105cd/m2 peak white.

Yep, I don´t continue with you because your attitude is like you want just argue.
Be happy with your ST50, congratulations you got flawless set smile.gif
post #646 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I had two bad panels unless burn-in is caused by some other thing like voltage differences etc how it drive panel.
Other options you wrote, I had two earlier Panasonic plasma models and no problem with temporary IR, you can live with that and should know that when you buy plasma.

Yep, I don´t continue that with you because your attitude is like you want just argue.
Be happy with your ST50, congratulations you got flawless set smile.gif
I dont want to argue. I just wanted to make a point. Sorry I used you as an example but I think you are the only person I have heard of that has burned up 2 sets. True burn in is very rare. Most people mistake stubborn Image Retention with Burn In because they dont have the patience to wait for it to go away. Thats what happened to Frank Spizzirri. He called Panasonic in a panic because he had ir telling them it was burn in and by the time the tech got out there it was nearly gone and they told him there was nothing wrong with his panel.

post #647 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headlesschickens View Post

Someone who's put 2-3000+ hours on a 2012 Panasonic could probably give us a clue of how right or wrong this is, unfortunately I think most of us here are either more cautious with our sets or simply haven't had them long enough to have that many hours.

Mine has well over 2000 hours on it and IR and burn in is as bad as before. If I watch a channel with bright logo for two hours I can see that logo for several weeks. Also subtitles have left dark bars that show on solid color background. Picture quality is amazing...
post #648 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:

Sorry I used you as an example but I think you are the only person I have heard of that has burned up 2 sets

No problem, I know it may be hard to believe that I didn´t use set as you should do with plasma, but believe or not I did.
Yes, I may be only person in the whole world who burned two panels, luck of Donald Duck I suppose rolleyes.gif
That´s why I don´t believe it is just because of panel, there must be some other thing which cause these problems.
Maby I really should go for LCD/LED but because priority No:1 is PQ, I don´t wanna do that.
PX700 was great set and it´s still, Gave it to my parents and they are happy with it. Surely it don´t have so good MLL but AR coating was so good it balance things at least with daylight usage.
C10 model had MLL doubling but there wasn´t major IR problems, sold that to my friend from work and he´s happy with that.
post #649 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post

Mine has well over 2000 hours on it and IR and burn in is as bad as before. If I watch a channel with bright logo for two hours I can see that logo for several weeks. Also subtitles have left dark bars that show on solid color background. Picture quality is amazing...
You can see that logo for several weeks, how? With slides or when watching regular content?

post #650 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can see that logo for several weeks, how? With slides or when watching regular content?
With any content when there are solid colors on that part of the screen. My contrast setting is only at about 60%, so I'm not abusing my set.
post #651 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

With any content when there are solid colors on that part of the screen. My contrast setting is only at about 60%, so I'm not abusing my set.
If you can see the logo without really looking for it you may have a problem.

post #652 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you can see the logo without really looking for it you may have a problem.

Really? no kidding?
Sorry I could not resist saying that. smile.gif
post #653 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Really? no kidding?
Sorry I could not resist saying that. smile.gif
np

post #654 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

np Have you done anything about it?

Does running countless hours of scrolling bar, white screen, static and just regular TV content with logos zoomed out count? I also did about 1000 hours break-in. What else I should do or have done?
And before you ask, this is not my first plasma but this is my first plasma having problems with IR and burn in.
post #655 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Does running countless hours of scrolling bar, white screen, static and just regular TV content with logos zoomed out count? I also did about 1000 hours break-in. What else I should do or have done?
And before you ask, this is not my first plasma but this is my first plasma having problems with IR and burn in.
Call Panasonic?

post #656 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Call Panasonic?

Yes.
post #657 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Simple question. Owner "A" is an experienced multi time old school plasma owner and does everything recommended here in this forum to break in his new ST50. Varies the programming, never even has a static symbol on his screen (by zooming) uses brightness and contrast settings recommended. He does this for 400 hours. He then experiences IR lasting for weeks or longer. Owner "B" does no break in and just starts watching TV at higher than recommended brightness and contrast settings paying no attention to screen symbols at all. After 400 hours he has never had any IR. This scenario has been mentioned as happening many times in the retention thread yet the talk seems to always go back to, you don't deserve a plasma because you abuse it or some such knee jerk accusation. So the question is, what's the difference between owner "A" and owner "B" TV's?
post #658 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 11:02 AM

many many mant pgs ago i mentioned i had a 42" pany plasma oryrs. NEVER and i repeat, never did i have any i/r. (i have excellent vision, i inspect show cars for general motors paint department for flaws, nothing gets by me!!). im on my 2nd 55st50. hands down he worst set ive ever owned for i/r. 1st one went back after 25 days for image BURN-IN. not i/r burn -in!!!. was replaced under day exchange. now onto this set. i did a 210 hr color slide pixel conditioner/break-in. after 1 week of norml watching, sure as sit, I/R with the Fox2 logo. 3 weeks later, i can barely and i mean barely make out the logo. i bought the 5yr BB warranty on this set due to the huge ammount of i/r and b/i issues associated with this set. i am a huge fan of PQ, which is why i went with the 55st50 plasma, and not an lcd. imo, led looks too vivid/cartoonish for my taste. lcd, LOL, my gf has a sammy 46 lcd is is garbage compared to the plasmas. i am using C-net settings, BB will be there in 10 days to calibrate it.

dont get me wrong, i love the 55st50, but the i/r and b/i issues need to be addressed asap!!!! or put a disclaimer on the box that reads: ONLY use for bluray, not for continoius channel watching or gaming. severe risk of i/r and b/i. we told you so, sincerely panasonic.
post #659 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post

How can you DVR the screen?

I meant dvr regular content that shows the problem.
post #660 of 756 Old 03-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Liked: 11
Here here...that is my fear that my replacement will just do the same thing. I am going to try and baby it a bit more but at some point you just need to be able to watch normal TV and not always be looking over your shoulder.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page