Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 758 Old 11-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by superslav View Post

Panel is 2 weeks old, sent to Panasonic for to get checked before getting a refund, Im getting a LED TV, not taking any chances with plasma anymore.

you shouldnt have to be bothered by babying your TV. if you want to play a game for a few hours... you should be able to without having to jump through all kinds of hoops to make sure your screen isnt ruined.

Panasonic is now halting all plasma display manufacturing and cancelling all future lines starting in december. its about time plasma went away and we get some better technology that doesnt require a life plan in order to use it.
8ohms likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 758 Old 11-01-2013, 04:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 507
I watch whatever I want for as long as I want and don't have IR issues. If you are hysterical about it then Plasma probably isnt for you.

65VT60(Calibrated by Chad B)
55ST60(Calibrated by Chunon)
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #753 of 758 Old 11-01-2013, 06:47 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameaus View Post

you shouldnt have to be bothered by babying your TV. if you want to play a game for a few hours... you should be able to without having to jump through all kinds of hoops to make sure your screen isnt ruined.

Panasonic is now halting all plasma display manufacturing and cancelling all future lines starting in december. its about time plasma went away and we get some better technology that doesnt require a life plan in order to use it.

OLED is worse than plasma for image retention. so no the problem isnt going away.
post #754 of 758 Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well I've tried all of the suggestions offered here. Scrolling Bar and Pixel Flipper and I can still see the faint IR of the MSNBC bar and logo in the upper portion of my brand new television after only buying this TV in July. With time, will it go away? I hope so. Cause I really love this Plasma TV, but my eyes are often distracted by the IR of that stupid MSNBC logo bar. And Panasonic is offering ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but the same as everyone here. I want this TV replace. Has any else here had a TV replaced by Panasonic suffering from the same issue? Message me please. And if you've had any success with the same issue. Please let me know.

Thanks
post #755 of 758 Old 12-01-2013, 05:02 AM

better speakers, dual core processor and smart evolution expansion slot which may be valuable in the future. Noboby knows yet, but i could imagine for example 48fps playback etc. new standars could be upgraded with that.

1bHk

post #756 of 758 Old 07-05-2014, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey again guys, I need to ease this worried mind, please!!! I just recently noticed the SNY channel logo on my screen, basically on very bright colored screens...I was watching baseball, on average 3 1/2-4 hours for 4-5 days so needless to say the channel logo is still visible. Could this be permanent or can i stop worrying that it will fade over time???

Thanks so much guys!!!
Carmine.
post #757 of 758 Old 08-12-2014, 01:51 PM

Liked: 0
burn in burned out

Hi Guys - newbie but came to this thread (and others like it - I've posted this reply on another site too) when I had stupidly paused a BR with a very high contrast silhouette skyline and wandered off - - - for several hours. My TX-P50GT60B had clear screen burn evident for hours afterwards and showed no sign of clearing. Most of the chat here and elsewhere is extremely interesting, but most of it is fairly doom-laden. Felt like throwing myself off - well, a fairly high doorstep at the very least, as I love the set. But - and I suppose there may be unforeseen consequential damage you savvy people might know that I don't - I have just finished using a screen wipe thingummy I found on YouTube which has worked! But - and I suppose there may be unforeseen consequential damage you savvy people might know that I don't - I have just finished using a screen wipe thingummy I found on YouTube which has worked! Well, at least pretty much so - it's a ghost of its former self (haha) after I ran it for around an hour or so. I'll be trying a bit more later on, but it's much more livable with already. So I thought I'd pass it on: it's known as 'Screen Burn In Fix Ghosting Fix' and the address is:

I hope it helps someone. Me, I'm very relieved. Now if only I could cure the irritating floating black levels I get, despite lots of people saying this had been sorted by the time my set came into being . . .

Last edited by Lee-S; 08-12-2014 at 02:00 PM.
post #758 of 758 Old 10-20-2014, 09:46 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-S View Post
Hi Guys - newbie but came to this thread (and others like it - I've posted this reply on another site too) when I had stupidly paused a BR with a very high contrast silhouette skyline and wandered off - - - for several hours. My TX-P50GT60B had clear screen burn evident for hours afterwards and showed no sign of clearing. Most of the chat here and elsewhere is extremely interesting, but most of it is fairly doom-laden. Felt like throwing myself off - well, a fairly high doorstep at the very least, as I love the set. But - and I suppose there may be unforeseen consequential damage you savvy people might know that I don't - I have just finished using a screen wipe thingummy I found on YouTube which has worked! But - and I suppose there may be unforeseen consequential damage you savvy people might know that I don't - I have just finished using a screen wipe thingummy I found on YouTube which has worked! Well, at least pretty much so - it's a ghost of its former self (haha) after I ran it for around an hour or so. I'll be trying a bit more later on, but it's much more livable with already. So I thought I'd pass it on: it's known as 'Screen Burn In Fix Ghosting Fix' and the address is:

I hope it helps someone. Me, I'm very relieved. Now if only I could cure the irritating floating black levels I get, despite lots of people saying this had been sorted by the time my set came into being . . .
Interesting, I recently replaced my VT50 for a Sharp Aquos Quattron (UQ17) and the picture quality is great but nowhere near my VT50.

I still have my VT50 so I may just run this and try to fix my set!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page