Panasonic VIERA TY-ER3D4MU Active Shutter 3D Eyewear Questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Okay, so I am going to be getting a 3D tv soon and am trying to decide which glasses I want, the $20 Samsung 4100's or the $50 ER3D4MU. Anecdotal evidence shows that the Panasonic glasses are more comfy and may offer better PQ. However, there is one feature that intrigues me. An employee at a local big box store told me (and one review on Amazon seems to corroborate) that these glasses have a 2D mode. In essence the shutters open and shut together instead of opposite each other so both your eyes see the same image and you see the 3D content in 2D. This may seem silly at first, but it would be of tremendous value to me. I love 3D movies and watch them at every chance I get, but my wife prefers good old fashioned 2D, so if these glasses truly have a 2D mode, they are worth more than the $30 price difference to me, as they will help defuse future arguments. Can anyone who owns these glasses confirm or refute the presence of this feature?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, the Panasonic's offer watching 3D in 2D. I have both the Samsung's and the Panny's and the Panny's are by far more comfortable, durable, and offer a better 3D experience. The Samsung's are very flimsy and I could barely get them to stay on my head. Just awful glasses. If you can find the Panny's for $30-$40 go for it.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGonJosh View Post

Yes, the Panasonic's offer watching 3D in 2D. I have both the Samsung's and the Panny's and the Panny's are by far more comfortable, durable, and offer a better 3D experience. The Samsung's are very flimsy and I could barely get them to stay on my head. Just awful glasses. If you can find the Panny's for $30-$40 go for it.

While I will obviously shop for the best price on them, I'd probably pay $80 for one pair for that feature alone. My wife really, really doesn't like 3D and I really, really love it.
BiGsMiLeSKyLe likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 AM

Liked: 10
I know this is an old forum, but I had a quick question if someone knows.
Are the Panasonic glasses compatible with the 2011 Samsung tvs? I know they work with the 2012 ones, but curious if they did for last year's models too.
Thanks!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page