Panasonic P60GT50 VS Samsung PNE60E7000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DrewM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Both of these displays have their own threads and I did find a post in the Panasonic thread that compared the two. However I'm looking for an actual thread that discusses the merits of both displays since they seem to me that they are direct competitors. I would hope that this thread is civil and you explain the merits of the set you feel is better.

Sell me on why you think I should by one set over the other without resorting to running down the competing product. One thing I have a disdain for is when sales people run their competitors' product down. I don't need to hear how set A buzzes and thus it is terrible and then someone comes back with all sets buzz etc. However if it is a proven fact that one set has a feature that you feel is an advnatage, identify this feature and explain why it makes the product more desireable such as the measured black level is xxx or our remote control can do this ....., or this display is a better value becuse it is less expensive etc.

Please let's keep it civil.

Thank You,
DrewM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
wmwilker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

Both of these displays have their own threads and I did find a post in the Panasonic thread that compared the two. However I'm looking for an actual thread that discusses the merits of both displays since they seem to me that they are direct competitors. I would hope that this thread is civil and you explain the merits of the set you feel is better.
Sell me on why you think I should by one set over the other without resorting to running down the competing product. One thing I have a disdain for is when sales people run their competitors' product down. I don't need to hear how set A buzzes and thus it is terrible and then someone comes back with all sets buzz etc. However if it is a proven fact that one set has a feature that you feel is an advnatage, identify this feature and explain why it makes the product more desireable such as the measured black level is xxx or our remote control can do this ....., or this display is a better value becuse it is less expensive etc.
Please let's keep it civil.
Thank You,

I'm sure there are those here willing to help you but why don't you read both the threads and decide on your own which one you want instead of asking the members here to do the work for you.rolleyes.gif

Mike

wmwilker is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
DrewM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwilker View Post

I'm sure there are those here willing to help you but why don't you read both the threads and decide on your own which one you want instead of asking the members here to do the work for you.rolleyes.gif

I've been through multiple threads reading alsmost every post on the Samsung and the Panasonic displays (add it seems the GT isn't discused that much since the VT is getting all the praise, but the VT doesn't come in 60"). I haven't seen what I am looking for; Why "I should buy one set over the other".
DrewM is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
wmwilker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 918
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewM View Post

I've been through multiple threads reading alsmost every post on the Samsung and the Panasonic displays (add it seems the GT isn't discused that much since the VT is getting all the praise, but the VT doesn't come in 60"). I haven't seen what I am looking for; Why "I should buy one set over the other".

IMO You couldn't do wrong with either. They both have buzzers. Some say the Sammy has a sharper picture. The GT can be set brighter for a well lit room. They are both excellent sets though. I have a VT50 but I'm sure if I had the E8000 (or E7000 for that matter) I would be happy if it didn't have the buzz.
If you have the opportunity to see them together you might could see which you like better otherwise it's just rolling the dice.
Sincerely I wish you the best in your choice.

Mike

wmwilker is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60gt50 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread - P60gt50 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off