LG 60PM6700 vs Panasonic TC-P65ST50 - Best for 24fps and PC monitor? Viera Connect Netflix issues? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-26-2012, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UPDATE: Now looking at the LG 60PA6500 instead of the 60PM6700 as I don't need 3D, Smart TV or the fourth HDMI input. The 65" is a little bigger, which is nice, but I'm curious about the difference in motion blur (if any) and picture quality for 24fps 1080p Blu-Ray playback. That's the deciding factor -- more than the price difference.

LG 60PA6500
Panasonic TC-P65ST50

The two hairs I'd like to split are:
1) 24fps Blu-Ray playback: Is one set superior to the other?
2) Motion blur: They're both plasmas, but which will provide the smoothest motion from a 1080p Blu-Ray source?
UPDATE: We're getting a small monitor for internet. It's now down to the better set for Blu-Rays. Previous question about internet no longer applies.

And according to a review on Amazon, the apps are connected through Panasonic's servers instead of directly to Netflix. True or not true? Is there a way to connect directly?
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3VVUIOKHP32GK
--If it does, I have my Blu-Ray player's streaming as a back-up. This is a minor technical question that won't impact the purchase.

If it makes a difference, our current viewing distance is 8' and we could back it up to 9'. Thanks.

ETA: mysq wanted to compare these sets in May:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409618/advice-please-60-panny-st50-or-lg-60pa6500-or-lg-60pm6700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Whats your percentage of PC use, bluray, cable etc and how is the room lighting, controlled, uncontrolled. I usually lean Panasonics way just a personal preference but with some more info you can get some good input here.

64F8500
55ST60
Harmony 650
Sony XT1 Soundbase
OPPO 103d
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv , Lg 60pm6700 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread