Brand new Samsung 51" 720p Samsung plasma turns on and off by itself??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I installed a Samsung 51" 720p plasma for a friend of mine last night. He bought it @ 6 months ago from Walmart but hasn't taking it out of the box until last night. He was having work done at his house and he wanted that finished before we installed the tv, speakers, receiver, etc.

Anyway, install went fine. Tv was working fine then randomly it would turn off by itself then sometimes turn back on by itself! I googled it and this appears to be a common problem with Samsung plasmas.

My question is can/should I repair this myself or should I have my friend try to get Walmart to exchange it or have Samsung come out to repair it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post

I installed a Samsung 51" 720p plasma for a friend of mine last night. He bought it @ 6 months ago from Walmart but hasn't taking it out of the box until last night. He was having work done at his house and he wanted that finished before we installed the tv, speakers, receiver, etc.
Anyway, install went fine. Tv was working fine then randomly it would turn off by itself then sometimes turn back on by itself! I googled it and this appears to be a common problem with Samsung plasmas.
My question is can/should I repair this myself or should I have my friend try to get Walmart to exchange it or have Samsung come out to repair it?

Your friend is outside the return period at 6 months, but well within the Samsung 1 year warranty. If you open up the set you'll void that warranty.

Steve S.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I figured that. He is going to Walmart tonight after work to see what they say. I know what the answer will be but it can't hurt to ask. After that he will be contacting Samsung to have it repaired. If it was something simple I would do it myself. But your right, opening the tv would void the warranty.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page