Quick Question for Panasonic 65VT30 Owners - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone out there who has one of these on the stand it came with tell me how many inches it is from the bottom of the TV to the bottom of the stand. I'm wondering if I can fit a soundbar beneath it if it is on the stand, or how big of a soundbar I can fit, or whether I would have to mount the VT30 on the wall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
According to my manual, the base is 23.7in wide by 15.8in deep. If you are talking about sitting the TV on top of the sound bar, you must buy a big and sturdy sound bar that can hold up to 150lbs. Also, you might want to secure the TV to the wall with a strap, so it does not tip over and land on sombody. I have seen some very high end sound bars with a full 5.1 surround and subwoofer built-in with a TV sitting on top. Some sound very nice with a lot of low end. It is amazing what kind of sound comes from a nice quality sound bar. Very amazing.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #3 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

According to my manual, the base is 23.7in wide by 15.8in deep. If you are talking about sitting the TV on top of the sound bar, you must buy a big and sturdy sound bar that can hold up to 150lbs. Also, you might want to secure the TV to the wall with a strap, so it does not tip over and land on sombody. I have seen some very high end sound bars with a full 5.1 surround and subwoofer built-in with a TV sitting on top. Some sound very nice with a lot of low end. It is amazing what kind of sound comes from a nice quality sound bar. Very amazing.

I guess I didn't explain that well. I'm talking about using the stand that came with the tv and then setting that on top of a cabinet where I will keep my components, etc. What I'm asking is if there will be enough room beneath the TV (not under it) to fit a soundbar without blocking the bottom part of the picture.
post #4 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilock View Post

I guess I didn't explain that well. I'm talking about using the stand that came with the tv and then setting that on top of a cabinet where I will keep my components, etc. What I'm asking is if there will be enough room beneath the TV (not under it) to fit a soundbar without blocking the bottom part of the picture.

While I regret I don't know the measurement you need, I can say that a number of sound bars are now available that are either very slim (samsung makes one that's only a couple of inches high) or divide in half at the center (Panny and Sharp make them) and allow each half to stand vertically on either side of the set. These all have separate wireless "subwoofers" to handle the bass.

IMHO the latter is preferable as there is no chance of blocking the IR sensor on the front of the set, which is located on the lower bezel.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/SC-HTB20

Steve S.
post #5 of 7 Old 06-28-2012, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Oh, I understand. I just looked at my VT30 and I have maybe no more than 3 inches from the top of the base to the bottom of the screen. Unless you can find a sound bar that is 3 in or less in height, you are out of luck.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #6 of 7 Old 06-29-2012, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

Oh, I understand. I just looked at my VT30 and I have maybe no more than 3 inches from the top of the base to the bottom of the screen. Unless you can find a sound bar that is 3 in or less in height, you are out of luck.

Thanks. That's just what I needed. Then it comes down to a form over function question. I really like the BA TVEE 30, and at less than $300 refurb'd it's a screaming bargain. But one of the reasons it sounds so good is it has really good drivers and a dedicated center channel for dialog which is another thing I really like about it. Unfortunately that means it is about 5 inches tall. So I guess I'll need to mount the VT30 6 to 8 inches over the top of my cabinet. The cabinet is 20 inches. So that would put the bottom of the TV at around 26 to 28 inches from the floor. Does that sound like an appropriate height for mounting the tv given normal size chairs and couches where we will be sitting to watch?
post #7 of 7 Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilock View Post

Yes, Samsung has one that is about three inches tall as well as Bose. The Bose soundbar has the lowest profile and allows for a separate configuration if wall mounting.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page