Help! Wall mounting bracket question. Do I need to return the mount? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 07-05-2012, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm mounting my 65ST50 using a Peerless SF680 wall mount and noticed that the brackets that attach to the TV can only be completely hidden if both screws that attach the bracket to the TV are in the long large holes rather than one being in the smaller holes at the top. I worry that if attached like this the only thing holding the TV in position vertically is the friction/pressure from the screws against the brackets. My other Plasma circa 2009, a Sammy, had holes closer to the top of the TV so the same Peerless mount worked well and the top screw attached through one of the smaller holes in the mounting bracket.

I'm wondering if I should return the mount and find something else. I like the fact that it can span three studs.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wish I had seen your post earlier I am having the same issue, what did you decide to do?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Peerless Universal Desktop Swivel Mount Lds1920u Swivel For Tv Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page